No announcement yet.

Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anybody here that build the scaler charger and got the battery to charge?
    I tried everything I could think of today, but could not charge the battery.
    I studied all Johns posts a few times but obviously I am missing something!!
    I need to be successful with this one before moving on to the full switch. Any suggestions

Comment

• about germanium transistors

Hi!

If I remember correctly, the case with germanium transistors versus normal silicium transistors is, that the germanium pn-junction voltage drop is smaller:
      junction voltages of Vd(Si)≈ 0.6V and Vd(GE)≈ 0.3V

So for low voltage systems with small losses and high efficiency those germanium transistors were preferable.
      But nowadays we have very good FETs avalilable (IRF3205 etc with 8milliohm channel resistance) that would be very good for building modern effective tesla swiches.

Regards,
      Rain.

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Redcar1957,
        No Rick still has his batteries. I have an electric car guy here, he gave me a set from the bank that ran the motorcycle they were working on. Hope you drive that 1957 red car, I drive my 34 truck everywhere when the sun shines. These batteries are very strange but work well. The Tesla Switch at the shop is still working on them as I have other experiments I'm doing.
        The thing about the Tesla Switch is it takes time to get everything right. It's tricky with what is going on, you must crawl before you walk.
        John B

Originally posted by redcar1957 View Post
        John is that the toyota battery I gave Rick a few years ago?
        this is Kevin in Mississippi
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John B,

I sent you a PM.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you got your pie.

John K.
          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

• Tesla Switch

nvisser.
            The Scalar Charger does not always look like it's charging, try to think what is going on. Think about where the energy is. Remember the monkey riding the bicycle on a wire, where is the energy of balance? How can you get it? Ponder this the light will turn on in your head, and you will have it.
            You already have it and can't see it. What is it doing to the capacitors in the system? Sometime we must slow down to see things, so slow down. We have allot of time to make this work. Understanding is the key here.I will post Bills original drawing soon.
            John B

Originally posted by nvisser View Post
            Is there anybody here that build the scaler charger and got the battery to charge?
            I tried everything I could think of today, but could not charge the battery.
            I studied all Johns posts a few times but obviously I am missing something!!
            I need to be successful with this one before moving on to the full switch. Any suggestions
            John Bedini
            www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• John_Bedini;75745]
              The thing about the Tesla Switch is it takes time to get everything right. It's tricky with what is going on, you must crawl before you walk.
              John B
              You got that right John. I decided to clear my minds before tweaking with 4 battery switch and built 3 battery circuit this afternoon. Not switching at the moment, just letting run for 30 min, than rest, than rotate. I found 5W 12V bulb working well. I measured current floating through (curiosity) and it is 90mA. Bulb just has filament orange. Is 1 hour rest sufficient to let them stabilize, before swapping?

Thank you
              Vtech
              Last edited by blackchisel97; 11-26-2009, 07:54 PM. Reason: reason:)
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Ge 108

I found a List for a Comparison Part, at last AF239S from Siemens is still a Germanium Transistor.

Here is the complete List of comparable Typs
                Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                  nvisser.
                  The Scalar Charger does not always look like it's charging, try to think what is going on. Think about where the energy is. Remember the monkey riding the bicycle on a wire, where is the energy of balance? How can you get it? Ponder this the light will turn on in your head, and you will have it.
                  You already have it and can't see it. What is it doing to the capacitors in the system? Sometime we must slow down to see things, so slow down. We have allot of time to make this work. Understanding is the key here.I will post Bills original drawing soon.
                  John B
                  Hi John I have finished the scalar charger as close to spec as I could. Lots of the parts are easily removed anyway, if I choose to swap things around. I did a 3 hour run last night where I used 1.3 amp hour battery as the primary, and another to run the SG for now. So its not fully loaded, but some interesting results anyway. After three hours my 1.3aH had dropped 0.12 volts, but in the morning it had bounced back 0.10 of those.

I tried some different loads, 12v/6v lamps, resistors, motors etc. But the most interesting one I found was the two primaries of a toroidal transformer, paralleled. A decent amount of energy was present off the secondary (the 240v side) enough that I could place a diode off it and it was slowly charging a 7 amp hour battery. Fills a 330v 120uF cap up to 50+ volts pretty quickly, with a fairly slow frequency at the moment.

I wasnt sure if an inductive load was ideal for this charger, I wanted to try and step up the voltage a little bit so it could be used for something a little bigger. Anyway, interesting results.

A little pic of the unit below.

Is it just me, or does the functioning of this scalar charger remind you of mitosis? Maybe Im just crazy.....

Regards
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ren; 11-21-2011, 10:33 PM.
                  "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Hi folks, Hi blackchisel. From my few tests so far it seems it doesnt matter a whole lot how long you let it rest because the charge battery slowly levels out and the series batteries rise back up and level out so I'd say 30 minutes is plenty. I'm going to test without transistors to see if it does the same.
                    peace love light
                    Tyson

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Lamare,
                      I have gone back through all the posts now and I find something very intriguing in your posts. Following the second link to an experiment done by "TRICKY MIT, as usual. The man charges a Layden Jar capacitor. Then he takes the capacitor apart and touches the plate together and nothing happens when he shorts it out. But what I find is there are no electrons hanging to the plates at all, since there are none. My question to you is where is the energy to be found? I know the typical answer, I want the real answer. I know the man demonstrating knows but do the EE's know. Or are they just reading from the playbook of Dick and Jane to wright equations for more loops.
                      John B
                      John Bedini
                      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• 3 bat test

ok guys, after it was pointed out to me my wiring was wrong (thanks everyone) I had to replace that tranny, the ce junction was non existent. I began charging this morning, 5 hrs for a battery to go from 12.47 to 14.51 7ah agm werker battery. the first two batts only have droped .25 volts, the were 12.5 and 12.67 when I started. the next thing I am goingt to do is start with two batts charged off my rc12a2 from rick, and a discharged battery, and see how it cycles up from there.

going home now and get myself a turkey coma

Tom C
                        http://www.teslagenx.com

Comment

• Tesla Switch

Ren,
                          That is an interesting analogy. But The experiment is just to show which way the potential flows, be very careful without the transistor as a switch as you could damage your batteries forever
                          John

Originally posted by ren View Post
                          Hi John I have finished the scalar charger as close to spec as I could. Lots of the parts are easily removed anyway, if I choose to swap things around. I did a 3 hour run last night where I used 1.3 amp hour battery as the primary, and another to run the SG for now. So its not fully loaded, but some interesting results anyway. After three hours my 1.3aH had dropped 0.12 volts, but in the morning it had bounced back 0.10 of those.

I tried some different loads, 12v/6v lamps, resistors, motors etc. But the most interesting one I found was the two primaries of a toroidal transformer, paralleled. A decent amount of energy was present off the secondary (the 240v side) enough that I could place a diode off it and it was slowly charging a 7 amp hour battery. Fills a 330v 120uF cap up to 50+ volts pretty quickly, with a fairly slow frequency at the moment.

I wasnt sure if an inductive load was ideal for this charger, I wanted to try and step up the voltage a little bit so it could be used for something a little bigger. Anyway, interesting results.

A little pic of the unit below.

Is it just me, or does the functioning of this scalar charger remind you of mitosis? Maybe Im just crazy.....

Regards
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            Ren,
                            That is an interesting analogy. But The experiment is just to show which way the potential flows, be very careful without the transistor as a switch as you could damage your batteries forever
                            John
                            Thanks John, Im only using some of my dud batteries anyway. I was surprised that the 1.3aH powered it for as long as it did. That battery in particular has had a hard life. Still, its chugging along, and if it dies, then no big loss.

Pardon my asking, but I dont quite follow your remark regarding the transistor?

Do you mean if I used another means besides transistors (i.e Mechanical switch?) that it is harder on the battery and could damage it?

Many thanks

Shan/Ren
                            "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

• Do you mean if I used another means besides transistors (i.e Mechanical switch?) that it is harder on the battery and could damage it?
                              Mechanical is slower. If the point is to just turn on the potential then turn off the circuit, anything slower than solid state has a chance of an adverse effect. Over charging and such. More Amperage.

Matt

Comment

• Tesla Switch

I would give it less time then that.
                                John

Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                                You got that right John. I decided to clear my minds before tweaking with 4 battery switch and built 3 battery circuit this afternoon. Not switching at the moment, just letting run for 30 min, than rest, than rotate. I found 5W 12V bulb working well. I measured current floating through (curiosity) and it is 90mA. Bulb just has filament orange. Is 1 hour rest sufficient to let them stabilize, before swapping?

Thank you
                                Vtech
                                John Bedini
                                www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Working...
                                X