Use for the Tesla Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Matt

From what You say I must conclude that they are indeed radient spikes going into the batteries.
    But I will test it more thoroughly once my killingly slow TS test finally is over ;-)
    Hob Nilre
    http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

• I didn't realize you had aready posted.

Haven't run accross the offtime spike before.

Do they measure the same voltage on each side of the diode?

Matt
      Last edited by Matthew Jones; 01-24-2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
        Haven't run accross the offtime spike before.
        Please forgive me, I don't understand, what do You mean by offtime spike?
        To me they just look like h-waves, as in the SSG, with every second h upside-down.
        What am i missing?

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
        Do they measure the same voltage on each side of the diode?
        I'll check that, it's on my todo-list along with the video of the scope.
        Hob Nilre

Comment

• I a circled it in the attachment. I don't get that in a monopole. Just spikes that go up.
          It my be product of switching the TS, because you are not using a bridge before your coil (According to the schematic) so one spike goes up the current switches direction and the other spike goes down.

The bridge will tell ya.
          If you use bridge before the coil the energy will travel the same way through the coil no matter wich direction it comes from in the battery.

Thats how you keep a motor spinning in the same direction. If you just ran the motor without a bridge it would bounce back and forth.
          Last edited by Matthew Jones; 08-09-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
            I a circled it in the attachment. I don't get that in a monopole. Just spikes that go up.
            It my be product of switching the TS, because you are not using a bridge before your coil (According to the schematic) so one spike goes up the current switches direction and the other spike goes down.

The bridge will tell ya.
            If you use bridge before the coil the energy will travel the same way through the coil no matter wich direction it comes from in the battery.

Thats how you keep a motor spinning in the same direction. If you just ran the motor without a bridge it would bounce back and forth.
            I think that may be because you are looking at it as a DC wave and not an AC wave...

Have a look at these scope shots I posted in another thread

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...rycompared.jpg

The red line is the zero volt mark. When the coil energises the voltage is in the polarity below the red line, then the discharge spike (Back-EMF/Flyback) is the opposite polarity.
            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

• Now I see.
              Here is my zero-mark, in red.
              Each straight-up "h" is followed by an upside-down "h".
              I am measuring it over the coil.
              Attached Files
              Hob Nilre

Comment

• I did mention it, although very briefly, at 0:42 in video 1, about minus 12, plus 12 and resting very shortly at zero in between.
                I'll try to be more clear next time
                Attached Files
                Hob Nilre

Comment

• I follow you. I have hard time with electronics because you can do that kinda stuff. Mechanically if you had that wave it would ON / OFF.
                  I do everything mechanically except when I duplicate somebody elses stuff, like the monopole.

Even in Seph's shot the spike go up.

How do the spike travel to your batteries.

What I am wonder is if you have a downward spike traveling to the positive pole of the battery will it disapate current inside the battery.

Matt

Comment

• My intention with this circuit is that the built-in rectifier takes care of all spikes, ensuring that all positive spikes always goes to one pair of the batteries at their plus side, and that all negative spikes always go the the other pair of the batteries at their plus side as a positive spike from their point of view.
                    It seems to work.
                    Hob Nilre

Comment

• Hi,

I'm having trouble uploading my 3:rd video, but here is a preview of the circuit until the video is live.
                      My intension this time is to add a load in series with the coil, but avoiding the spikes from the coil on the new load.

Hob
                      Attached Files
                      Hob Nilre

Comment

• Its live!
                        It also contains the asked for shot of the scope of the previous circuit.

YouTube - Tesla-switch part 3
                        Hob Nilre

Comment

• I had just finished my new motor, my 3'rd variant of the Tesla-switch using the coil as part of the motor together with small ferro-magnets and 6 reed-switches, a mechanical kind of Bedini-motor with both push & pull for each magnet if you like, it was ticking along slowly (but nicely) when I accidentally got too near with a neo-magnet and found out that a reed-switch can also function as a fuse

I have to get more reed-switches...

Doh!
                          Last edited by nilrehob; 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM.
                          Hob Nilre

Comment

• I found this on the David Bowling continuous charging device thread

Re: David Bowling's Continuous Charging Device
                            « Reply #108 on: May 22, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »
                            Back in 1992 or 1991 Ron Brandt spent a few weeks with me and we ran his transistor switched circut using 4 batteries 6 transistors and a few other components. we uses a signal generator to adjust the switching freq for maximum output to the load. we used 4 car headlights for the load on the switching unit and 1 on each of the baseline batteries. we had 2 extra batteries we used as baselines. to start off we charged all batteries using an astron 50 amp powersupply. all batteries were new.

We measured the SG of the electrolite and also the battery voltage 4 hours after charging before we began testing. each of the baseline batteries with 1 headlight attached lasted I believe 7 hours before reaching 7 volts, our cutoff point. the 4 batteries being switched ran for 73 hours before reaching the 7 volt mark.
                            We would check the frequency every hour or so longer intervals at night maybe 4 hours to keep it at maximum output to the load. somewhere around 900 to 1100 Hz if i remember correctly.

after the first test all batteries were recharged with the power supply and we calculated the total recharge power we used to get the sg and voltage back to where we started. the 4 switching batteries required the same recharge time as the baseline batteries to reach our full charge state.

the second and 3rd test seemed to go about the same. but on the 4th test when trying to recharge the 4 switching batteries something strange happend. the 4 switching batteries had 50 amps at 15 volts pumping into them but no bubbles, the battery temp was below room temp, and nothing was going on other than my powersupply getting a good workout. it stayed like this for over 3 days then all at once it started to bubble and the recharge cycle began and the battery came back to life. This happened to all 4 batteries. we ran the test again pretty much same results and again the batteries would not recharge for 3 days. we stopped after this as it was taking way to long and we had lost all the net gain we had achieved in the first tests.

Ron told me that when he was running his electric car his neighbors car had a bad battery and he removed one from his electric car and gave it to them. the alternator on the neighbors car went up in smoke after an hour of driving. it was more than likely running at full field trying to charge the battery.

We did not use a motor and i believe that is the secret to getting it to self charge. Ron told me he ran his car for months without charging the batteries.

He also told me a strange story that after running the car for a few hours when setting at a stop light the other cars around him all stopped running. he called it some sort of energy field he thought it was creating. he also told me that his neighbor could not get out of her mobile home one day when he had the motor running and the car in idle for a few hours in is driveway, she yelled for help and when he went to help her it was like walking through air as thick as sand and it took almost all his energy to get to her.

after that he stopped the project to think about what was happening.

It will be interesting if anyone else will have the same battery non charging event happen to them.

Rhett

Comment

• I finally got new reed-switches
                              There are no adjustments made yet, this is the first run:

YouTube - Tesla-switch part 4
                              Hob Nilre

Comment

• I just found this thread!

Hey all, it looks like some of you are already working on almost exactly my idea's already, probably long before I even thought of them, lol... I had not seen this thread yet, but now that I just found it, I wanted to post my work here and see if I could get some comments, advice, or whatever!

My work is actually pretty close to work others have spoke about in this thread already, I guess I'm glad I found others working on it finally! It's a work in progress, but sort of a proof of concept.

YouTube - Young Radiant Energy Battery Charger

Here are the schematics for it. The first one is the one that is in the video, without all the switching. The second is the one I am working towards completing. Any suggestions?

A side note, with the same setup as in the video, I did hook a 23w flourescent bulb to the battery 5 place in the schematic, and it does light up. It is flashing about once a second or slightly less, but it does light brightly! I don't know that this means anything, I just thought it was interesting to note.

Comment

Working...
                                X