X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Speakers

Hi everyone!!
    I hope everyone is well!!

Okay, I have had my modules for over a week, and I am building up my spirulina just fine. I have taken a chance and ordered a second module, so I have 2 plus Sleep.

I have a question....I am now upset because I found out my SPEAKERS are not stereo. My headphones ARE.

I wrote to PATHS to aks if this is okay, (I haven't heard from them yet) but I wanted to ask you guys also. I scouted a price for stereo speakers that would fit my system, and they are over $100!! I don't want to pay that, and I want to have the LISTENING part useful.

Can anyone tell me if NON-stereo speakers are okay, if the headphones ARE stereo?.......groan........

Thanks so much......

Blessings and Peace to All --Val

Speakers...

Hi Val!

I am so happy to hear from you!

Okay...this is coming from a complete computer dufus, but if you have stereo headphones, why not just use those? But more importantly, you will be happy to know that since the PATHS instructions are written into BOTH the audio AND video, your subconscious will absorb ALL the PATHS instructions by either JUST viewing the video, or JUST listening to the audio part!!! The audio does contain the binaural beats which are relaxing to listen to, and are best listened to in stereo, but they have nothing at all to do with the instructions, so there is NO reason to be upset OR go out and spend money on speakers that you don't need!

With Much Love and Gratitude,

Pamela

My PATHS Website
    My Art Website
    My Paintings As Prints
    My Facebook

Comment

Hi Pam, thanks hon.........

I am concerned because the PATHS website says we must use BOTH stereo speakers and headphones. I don't understand why, since I do have stereo headphones, so logic would say that should be enough, but I am technologically challenged, and I want to get this right.

I feel that if I don't both listen and watch properly, it won't work as well as just watching.

It just occured to me today that I didn't know if my speaker was stereo, so I checked, and it isn't. It is a piece of crap, actually, LOL.

I plug my stereo headphones into my non stereo speaker. That is how I have been using it. Idon't know if this is sufficient.

ggrrrrrrrr why do I feel like I am going to buy the stereo speakers.......

Comment

Val!!!

Okay Val,
        If your headphones have a long 8' cord, just plug it into the back (that's where mine is) of the computer and you have stereo! The mono spkr that you are talking about is that the one that's built inside at the front?? That's just a simple spkr that tells you the thing is working, gives you something to yell at when it's not, etc., etc. Your sound will come through the headphones in stereo.
        If you need more cable length, they have 8ft extension cables at Radio Shack for under $10 With the jack location on my computer in the back, it's convenient to connect whatever headphones I want to use (some have short 4ft. cables).

Good luck to you!
        Doug
        With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

COOL!!! I did it, and wow, the quality of the sound!!! I guess the sound being better is a sign that I connected it correctly? I plugged the headphones directly into the CPU. Right?

Why do you need 8'? Mine isn't that long, but it is long enough to reach.

The speaker is actually separately attached, but I unplugged it for this.

Thanks Doug!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!

Last edited by VJoy; 08-18-2008, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Hey Val,
            Congrats, you are entering the Turbo, Stereo, Hi-fi/Computer world!!!! The 8 ft. is from where my cpu is and where my desk is etc. but you do get room to run around or do whatever. Listen, if you want at Radio Shack they do have a Y adapter, splitter for only $5 that would allow you to have both the spkr and headphones plugged in at once. I have one of those for my self-contained $40 home theater that's connected to my computer. When on headphones, I hit the remote and cut the sound and listen quietly. Otherwise, I'll crank a song for the music I have stored and jam away. I bought it to play around w/home theaters till I was up for having a good one and I knew this would then work on a computer later.
            It did make the movie "Twister" sound pretty real!!!!

Congratulations!!!!
            Way to go!!
            Doug
            With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

Doug!!

OOOHhh Doug, Thanks so much!! Wahoo!!! You don't know how happy this makes me......I will look into the Y adapter splitter. Thanks so much for the advice!

BIG HUGS! WWhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by VJoy; 08-19-2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VJoy View Post
                Hi Pam, thanks hon.........

I am concerned because the PATHS website says we must use BOTH stereo speakers and headphones. I don't understand why, since I do have stereo headphones, so logic would say that should be enough, but I am technologically challenged, and I want to get this right.
                You probably have your answer already but stereo headphones are all you need. Thats all I use. You can use speakers instead, but its either or and in my opinion headphones give me a better experience.

Also it is very important that they are stereo to get the full benefit!

Glad you got it worked out.

Comment

Gary

Hi Gary, thanks.....the thing was.....I didn't know that I could plug the headphones directly into my CPU, I had never heard of it.....it was great that Doug helped me, because the answer I got from PATHS was not clear at all.........

I asked......--
                  "I listen by plugging my STEREO headphones into my NON-STEREO speaker? Does that work for the audio? "

And the answer from PATHS was..--

"Using the stereo headphones is good. It will work for the audio. "

That would have me writing back and saying.....um......what? LOL

Thanks Gary, and Doug!

Comment

Thanks to the Tech Experts!

Thank you, Gentlemen!

I was hoping someone with more technical expertise than I have would jump in here and come to Val's rescue and I am so happy and grateful that you two Brilliant Gentlemen steered her in the right direction! Doug and Gary!

Val...I'm usually pretty good with questions about the PATHS technology, but when it comes to all this technical computer stuff like which wire goes where, I'm pretty useless...

With Much Love and Gratitude,

Pamela
                    My PATHS Website
                    My Art Website
                    My Paintings As Prints
                    My Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X