SLP1: Life is moving too slowly....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP1: Life is moving too slowly....

I don't know exactly where this fits, so I'm starting a new thread.

I've just re-started on PATHS after a break of a few months. I am on Successful Living 1, Dao, Money, and X module.

I'm having cognitive dissonance with SLP1 the way I have in the past, but this time it is different. I have become more aware that for a long time, I have been in some sort of energetic stalemate with myself. That I have the power to move some key goals in my life forward, but I just was sabotaging the progress in subconscious ways. Now, I wasn't so negative that things were going badly, they were just going....to stay in place for as long as I let them.

For example, I have a relationship that is in a happy holding pattern, and every time I meet others and compare the alternatives, I'm grateful for what I already have, but I don't know how to make it even better. And in this economy, I'm grateful to have a job, but I would like to get a new, better job, but I haven't been applying my energy in the right ways.

I am not feeling "addicted to negativity" the way I felt months ago when I was a test subject for the trauma module. I'm past a lot of that.

But I do feel like I'm just in a flatline, neutral place where nothing is getting worse, but nothing is getting better. I think SLP is making me aware of how I've been flatlining.

I'm wondering when I'm going to break out of this plateau. I believe I can have an OK life, but deep down, I don't yet really believe that I can have what I REALLY, REALLY want. I feel like I have to keep holding it at arm's length, or I won't value it anymore once I get it.

I've already read lots of books and everything, so I'm looking for encouragement. Maybe something someone will say will make something click so that I feel more confident in myself that yes, I can have what I really want. Cause I don't feel it just yet....

Belle,

I can identify. It seems not matter how much my life improves, I still want it to get better, lol.

I was just saying to Pammie that I guess it's because life is about growth.

I haven't done the module on break through to enlightenment, I wonder if anyone can comment if that would be a good one in this case?

XO Jessica
    Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

Originally posted by belle99 View Post
      I'm wondering when I'm going to break out of this plateau. I believe I can have an OK life, but deep down, I don't yet really believe that I can have what I REALLY, REALLY want. I feel like I have to keep holding it at arm's length, or I won't value it anymore once I get it.

Have you used the Gratitude Module? That might change some perspectives.

Also, the Increased Synchronicity Module has a good track record of jump starting desirable trajectories.
      Happiness & Health,

PATHS, S.A. Staff

PATHS

Comment

Thanks for such quick responses!

I did use Break through to Enlightenment as one of my very first modules back in March 07. Boy, that one kicked me in the you-know-what. Dao module does the same thing for me, but in a more chilled-out way.

I got a lot of results from Deserving, but I am feeling like I definitely deserve to have what I want, I'm just somehow stalled by both internal and external forces (which I know, DUH, are all both internal and external 'cause everything is one...)

Maybe I should drop Dao and Money and try Synchronicity and Gratitude. I've never tried Synchronicity. I am sticking with SLP and X modules, though. SLP always comes around and helps me. The X module is curing my perception of my sex appeal! I know I need to use the Money module, maybe later...

OK, off to email PATHS

Comment

Today I feel really, really tired. I'm doing 4g of tablet Spirulina per day now to try to give myself the juice I need to get through this. I feel kind of discouraged because I'm now more aware of the central issue, which is:

Part of me wants to be a positive person and have everything I want. The other part of me wants to remain a pessimistic person, because I'm afraid if I became a positive person, I would become a pollyanna with no personality. I'm afraid I would be bored with being a happy person, and lose all motivation to keep striving and improving. I am better at seeing problems, and don't naturally or habitually see opportunities.

Honestly, when I feel the most "positive," during times when some aspect of PATHS is overriding my usual tendencies, I feel like something is missing, like I am the most one-dimensional bore in the world. But life is easier....

I feel like my psyche is struggling to negotiate between these parts of myself. My conscious self looks down at this and says, well, if I could strike a bargain where I would become a person who sees the good, and sees opportunities, and has a good attitude about people...but retain my sense of humor, and good judgment, then maybe I would be willing to let the positive person be in charge. The negative part of me is just reluctant to let any other aspects of myself have responsibility for any part of my life, because that part of me is so naturally distrustful and protective, and thinks it is smarter than everybody.

That's the awareness that SLP is bringing to light this time around. Oh boy.
          Last edited by belle99; 08-12-2008, 08:45 PM. Reason: for clarity

Comment

Belle

Before I ever change any modules, I always test to see if I should do so... So when I read your post I tested, and could not even get a 1% positive for changing... I re-asked the question in another way and came up with the same answer! It is saying you should stay on the Dao, and the Money Module!

When things are moving to slow for me... I like to dance around and praise or show outward gratitude for whatever I am desiring in my life! Either that, or I will say out loud... Who I really am! I am the awesome power of God! I created this! This is an illusion or not real! I reclaim the power from this issue! Man I am powerful! What an awesome creator I am to have created this! Whoooohooooo! (you get the idea). Both techniques are really good at getting us to that point of gratitude! Also if you want to move your life forward then take time to do whatever gets your passion going! What ever you love to do!!! We are all creative in some manner... be it artistic or whatever it may be... So express who you are, and you will be amazed at what comes out of that! Transformation!!!!!

Blessings Sallyjane

Comment

Thanks, SallyJane! Good advice

Comment

Working...
              X