• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparky53
    replied
    Hello Aaron,
    I found a bug :
    If a user writes a post and puts a picture inside his/her message, then later on this picture can only be seen by members that are logged in, while they are reading the post /looking at the post.

Guest, that look at the post will only see the filename of the picture, - and clicking (left mouse) on this filename of the picture gets them nowhere.

I think the intent of the people writing a post here with pictures is to make the pictures available to see -not only for members of the forum- but also for guests of the forum
    --> so there is a bug

Keep up the good work Aaron, you are doing a amazing Job !!!

Best regards,

sparky53

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
    Hello Aaron,
    Right, things a little better today but my problem may have been that it was my first attempt to access the new format.
    Continued to get the following:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

I was using an old Bookmark from Firefox and that was the response received.
    Thank You for your attention.
    Will get back to you if I have any further problems.

Smokey
    Here is a temporary work around to find where the old links are supposed to go - links will go to an error page and I put these instructions on there:

YES, YOU CAN STILL FIND THIS DISCUSSION IN ENERGETIC FORUM!

For example, if the URL that isn't coming up is: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ecrets-33.html
    Click this: http://energeticforum.com/search

1. In the search KEYWORDS field, enter: electric motor secrets

2. Check the box for TITLE ONLY (at the end of the KEYWORDS field)

3. Click the button SEARCH NOW

We apologize for this "Invalid Page URL" error, but the above will let you find what you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
    Hello Aaron,
    Right, things a little better today but my problem may have been that it was my first attempt to access the new format.

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Smokey
    Yes, the plugin for the old forum was not compatible with the new forum and the forum had to be upgraded because there were to many problems because it is dated.

Good news is that everything in this forum was preserved.

Bad news is that external links to the old forum will goto the invalid URL page. I'm looking into some kind of redirect, or making the link go into a search automatically, etc. It isn't looking promising but at least I won't be held hostage to 3rd party plugins for that kind of thing anymore.

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    New registrations don't work and if you log out, the login form might not come up. Not sure how this suddenly happened, but it is an issue. Message is sent to vbulletin to get resolved asap.
    New registrations work now. Looking to streamline approval process.

Leave a comment:

• David G Dawson
    replied
    Hello Aaron,

Smokey

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    New registrations don't work and if you log out, the login form might not come up. Not sure how this suddenly happened, but it is an issue. Message is sent to vbulletin to get resolved asap.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Smilies should be working now.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

Problem solved
    Cause and Effect
    ok thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by sparky53 View Post
    I just found another "bug" , I wrote a post, so far so good, that worked, but I used smileys. They showed up while I was writing the post, but as soon as I send the post
    the smileys that I chose no longer showed up in the text for everybody to see.(only "artifacts" were visible where before the smileys were).

(so I deleted the smileys again by editing my post)
    Thanks, I reported that to vb.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Sawt2 View Post
    When I try to sign in over at energy science forum, it says “this website is unsecured”, and I get a warning passwords may be visible
    Neither forum are are SSL - https rather than http. There's not really any secure information being used in the forums like credit card numbers, etc. so never bothered with it but I may do SSL soon for all the main sites including both forums.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post

Thanks, its 7:40 EST and it still doesn't show. Here is the direct link

http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/...e18#post495837

I can see all other threads (I think) except for this one above..... Motor Generators
    It isn't in my subcriptions list or todays posts or anywhere to be found except by the link above.
    If you go here: http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/...newable-energy

Scroll down, do yousee the Motors Generators thread? For me right now, it's the first one after the sticky threads.

Leave a comment:

• OrionLightShip
    replied

Please post the direct link that you are talking about.
    There is an issue with the original forum links being compatible with the new forum. Not sure if it is possible to resolve it but I'll take a look.
    Problem solved
    Cause and Effect

Leave a comment:

• sparky53
    replied
    Hello Aaron,

like You said, the search function now works for me whether I am logged-in or logged-out. (Thank YOU !!! :-) )

I just found another "bug" , I wrote a post, so far so good, that worked, but I used smileys. They showed up while I was writing the post, but as soon as I send the post
    the smileys that I chose no longer showed up in the text for everybody to see.(only "artifacts" were visible where before the smileys were).

(so I deleted the smileys again by editing my post)

Best Regards,

sparky53

Leave a comment:

• Sawt2
    replied
    When I try to sign in over at energy science forum, it says “this website is unsecured”, and I get a warning passwords may be visible

Leave a comment:

• OrionLightShip
    replied

Please post the direct link that you are talking about.
    There is an issue with the original forum links being compatible with the new forum. Not sure if it is possible to resolve it but I'll take a look.
    Thanks, its 7:40 EST and it still doesn't show. Here is the direct link

http://www.energeticforum.com/forum/...e18#post495837

I can see all other threads (I think) except for this one above..... Motor Generators
    It isn't in my subcriptions list or todays posts or anywhere to be found except by the link above.
    Last edited by OrionLightShip; 01-11-2020, 04:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X