Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Back - On Renewable Energy?

Hey guys.

I heard a rummer saying that I can get refunded, by the electric company, for extra energy that my home system produces. I like the idea to be able to sell the green energy back to the government.

Does anyone know anything about this??
    Is it true only in certain area or all over the USA?

thx

It does depend on what state you are in. The laws about it differ from state to state in the US. Your power company may be able to provide info, but if they seem less than informative, try other sources.

Companies selling electric generating equipment (like solar panels) near you may have answers.

Jessica
    Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Comment

feed the grid

You can probably ask your state's utility commission.
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

NetMetering

It is called Net Metering. You must do it through a grid tie inverter. HERE is a government listing of all of the states that offer it, and what their rules are. I hope this helps, Dustin

Comment

Yeah and hopefully you dont have a corrupt local Government that has ties to the Local Power company like we do....Deregulation was a joke here!

We set up a system had it ready to go.....Then the whole thing got red-tagged by the inspector until we disconnected our solar and wind from the main power box...Now it just runs my shop and our swimming pool!
          So before you do any serious investing of time, money and faith check with your LOCAL "powers that be" and make sure it will fly...

RedMeanie
          (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

The thing that gets me is that most US states have between a .01-1.0 cap on how much energy that you can send even if you can tie it. If the government really gave a damn, I am pretty sure there would not be and limitations on how much green energy that we can send. I bought a Trace inverter to gridtie, then say that any unused EC's (Energy Credits) would be forfited to the power company after a year. So I just ran it off grid. I love the way things work out, lol, Dustin

Originally posted by Redmeanie View Post
            Yeah and hopefully you dont have a corrupt local Government that has ties to the Local Power company like we do....Deregulation was a joke here!

We set up a system had it ready to go.....Then the whole thing got red-tagged by the inspector until we disconnected our solar and wind from the main power box...Now it just runs my shop and our swimming pool!
            So before you do any serious investing of time, money and faith check with your LOCAL "powers that be" and make sure it will fly...

Comment

Working...
            X