Electric Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Car

I first posted this in the "Electric Motor Secrets" since I was basing my modified electric motor on Peter's design. I am strting a new thread for like minded people that might be interested in area. Here is my original post:

"Hi everyone,
    I have been reading the board for a while now, but was unable to post. Aaron fixed it for me. Anyway, here is my question:

I have been interested in building/converting an electric car for several years now. I have been designing a system that consists of a 100hp DC motor, 255Ahr 2volt batteries, and some ultracapacitors.

Can you help me convert such a large system? My aim is not OU, but high efficency. With my current design, I can range 120-180 miles per charge, which is gret as far as EV's go. But if that could be doubled or better, you can immagine the possibilities. Thank you for any response, Dustin"

Basic Plans

Here is an over simplified version of what I have in mind:

Motor: 30HP - 100HP peek DC motor modified to No Back EMF
    Batteries: 72 2volt 255Ahr SLA for a total of 144 volt 16,200 Ahr
    Capacitors: 125 volt 3000 Farad Ultracapacitor module
    Recovery: Bedini type circut on wheels/ or drivetrain

I hope this helps a litle, Dustin

Comment

Hi Dustin,

We all would like to know more about your system, my next project is maybe mounting a motor on my road bike to make it go faster, perhaps up to 100km/h! So it is pretty interesting for me to know more about your system.

What I think that may be a real benefit to you would be learning more about magnets. Take a look at http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/2magpup.htm
      You may be able to increase the power output of your motor by coupling magnets in certain configurations. Also you may like to read http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...y-out-ssg.html
      much carefully, as I have explained how one can increase the mechanical energy output without putting much drag on the motor by using magnets. If you learn the principles, you can make those powerful NdFeB magnet do work for you and double the power of you motor. You can even make your motor do more work by using more magnets and wheels. I am also willing to build an over-unity magnetic mechanical amplifier by using the principles outlined on the links above. But not at the moment which I am on my military training.

Good Luck,

Elias
      Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
      http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

Thanks for joining in!

Thanks for the tips. I have read your other posts. I am glad you are interested. I hope that we can help each other on this one. I am still trying to figure out the best way to go. The more that I learn about the Muller generator, the more I am leaning towards that. Even if you lost half af your HP, if you get a 100-150HP to start with, you would have more than enought power. Energize that one that is powered by a smaller 20HP motor, and back it up with ultracaps for initial cranking amps. There is several directions this project could go. I want to keep it as simple as possiable, but at the same time it must be a viable gas replacement. So what do you suggest?

Comment

converting to electric

Hi,

Well, what I think that is really useful for all of us, is talking about the easiest and most affordable way to convert a car which runs on gasoline to run on electricity. Electric cars are not available everywhere. Electric motors are safe and cool especially when we capture energy back from the motor (Like Peter's motor) and make the motor cool down. So they are perfect alternatives, maybe even to Hydrogen. I have an e-book about designing electric vehicles, which I have to find it from my hard drive.

One can buy a cheap second hand car, and take the motor and any other junk out of it, including the fuel tank, and put an electric motor powerful enough to drive it with good set of batteries. This seems a bit sophisticated but, it is one of my hobbies.

Even I think about taking the gearbox out of it and replacing it with over-unity magnetic gears, which can deliver more power at higher speeds. This may require higher engineering skills.

Any insights on how to do this is welcome.

Elias

Comment

You both have valid trains of thought. I am not strict in what direction you all would like to explore, but I am focused on pure electric and I will explain why.

For one, many different companies are working on hybrids (directly or indirectly) that have millions of dollars behind them. In those areas, they will be more effective than we would be able to be on limited budgets.

2. Greed. Everything that comes out of the mouths of oil companies, or "Free Energy" pioneers, have alterior motives. Media is a means to control the masses to condense opinion to single thought. To hear an oil company tell it, we are running out of oil next year, so we must allow them to waist billions of dollars and vast natural resources, so we can continue to fill up our Hummers. Their main focus is their own bottom line, not what is best for our great grand kids. (NOTE: I am NOT refering to John or Peter, or anyone else that make real contributions. I am talking about the "If you just invest $10,000 we will be a billion dollar company next year" kind of pitches

3. With all electric, reliance on other countries will not deturmine the cost of my trip. By eliminating the greedy factors, we can get on the road that we need to be on. Cars can be converted from gas to batt packs, or made from the ground up.

I think that we sould focus on CONVERTING a car to prove our technology and develop a working platform. I will explain some of my ideas when I get home. I have been studying EC's for several years now. I am so fed up with currupt corporations, that I want to make a difference.

If you have not heard what car companies have done in the past, a good place to search is on the GM EV-1. They proved the technology was there, leased approx 550 cars, then reposesed all but a few, (That were decommissioned) and CRUSHED them! Same thing with the Toyota EV-Rav 4. I can go more in detail later, but I think it is of most importance to do something to make a difference instead of standing by and be brain-washed. Even with technologies now, we can get over 100 miles per charge. 5 minute charge times (with supercapacitors), and be emmision free. (The main limitations that car companies said must be overcome before going public) I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I just want to reapply new technics, and show people that there is a better way.

Thanks for taking the time. I will elp out as much as I can. Most people on the board have more hands-on experience so your imput is greately apperciated. Thanks again, Dustin

Comment

Whats with EESTor

Hi Guys,

I couldnt help but chime in on this.Has anyone heard anything about EESTor super capacitors? .It seems that the company is for real bacause they just signed a contrct with Lockeed Martin and I dont think that they would waste thier time with super capacitor technology if it is in fact BS.I wish someone could tell me more about this company because the way I see it this is where the EV could literally take off.An EV company out of Canada called ZENN has invested in EESTor also.This EESTor has to be sitting on something big but will we ever see it?.Here are some links for anyone interested.(dam sure wish I could get some stock in this company ).

EEstor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              ZENN Motor Company

-gmeat

Comment

aerodynamics

Dustin,

Whatever method you use, you can always incorporate aerodynamics to increase the efficiency of electric or other fuel:
                http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa....html#post1470
                Sincerely,
                Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

I'd always had plans from the beginning to incorporate all this information into an electric car. It's just a matter of how.

For one thing, if using Peters motor designs you have to incorporate some sort of directional bias. Mostly this would be a starter motor of some sort, or some design that allowed the motor to turn in the desired direction from the get go. Second off, with Bedini's principles, you could easily draw energy off each pulse to the coils, use them to recharge the batteries or send it to the front of the system to help negate the overall power consumption.

Since the batteries cannot be charged while they are in use, you may have to have two sets of batteries, charging and power, to use in these systems. Depending on the performance of the motor etc, this will decide if this is feasible, otherwise you may have to incorporate a charging method such as charging it when not in use with a bedini system that uses a few batteries to charge a lot more. really no one is going to know anything until you get down to it and actually build one. Since this would be such a large expensive initial build, maybe a few who are interested in this should get together and join forces/money/ideas?
                  It is a peaceful mind that makes a peaceful world.
                  -We Are One-

Comment

Originally posted by Ewhaz View Post
                    Since the batteries cannot be charged while they are in use, you may have to have two sets of batteries, charging and power, to use in these systems. Depending on the performance of the motor etc, this will decide if this is feasible, otherwise you may have to incorporate a charging method such as charging it when not in use with a bedini system that uses a few batteries to charge a lot more. really no one is going to know anything until you get down to it and actually build one. Since this would be such a large expensive initial build, maybe a few who are interested in this should get together and join forces/money/ideas?
                    Ewhaz,

I am still not sure why batteries cannot be charged while they are in use. If Jim Watson's machine worked, then what kind of batteries were they? I suppose experimentation is needed before any claims. I think that Peter's motor can easily be made to dump the output capacitor to the input battery, by using a relay to make the system work like Rick's self-runner. Or why the original school girl motor back in 2000 was able to run a whole week on a small 9v battery? No SSG can do that!

Using two sets of batteries may be too heavy, for a car, which may make it take more energy for acceleration. I still think that we must increase the output torque of the motor, by using magnets to make it use less energy.

My first attempt would be building a system to convert my road bike into a hybrid, man-powered, electric vehicle. This is much more feasible as it requires less time, money. If we can do this on small scale like a bicycle for example, we can scale this up! For a bicycle, four 12v7Ah batteries (or a custom battery pack) + a capacitor bank + a Lindemann motor + a 30:1 gearbox, would suffice I suppose, to build a unit which can operate hours. This would even be real fun as the bicycle would be hybrid and one can have a push button on it for fast acceleration!

Maybe it would be better to start a new thread for bicycle conversion.

Elias

Comment

conversions

You may want to look at these websites:

Rod Muller's Electric Car

and Electric Echo - Journal

Comment

Not Sure

I have been waiting to hear from them for over two years now. Most of the information that is going around about them are from other people, not the company themselves. They are trying to keep everything a close secret. They did sign a contact with LM, but I am sure that even if the technology comes available, the government is not going to let it out, atleast for a while. It has been said that their capacitors have been proven, but they are trying to get everything sorted out with production. All I know is that for over two years, very little has been said. I hope this changes soon, Dustin

Originally posted by gmeat View Post
                        Hi Guys,

I couldnt help but chime in on this.Has anyone heard anything about EESTor super capacitors? .It seems that the company is for real bacause they just signed a contrct with Lockeed Martin and I dont think that they would waste thier time with super capacitor technology if it is in fact BS.I wish someone could tell me more about this company because the way I see it this is where the EV could literally take off.An EV company out of Canada called ZENN has invested in EESTor also.This EESTor has to be sitting on something big but will we ever see it?.Here are some links for anyone interested.(dam sure wish I could get some stock in this company ).

EEstor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        ZENN Motor Company

-gmeat

Comment

Aaron,
                          There are many things that will need to be worked out. I think the easiest way is to look at racing products. For my first car, I am just going to add a body-kit. Later on, I will look into carbon fibor, and other light products. Thanks for your imput, Dustin

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                          Dustin,

Whatever method you use, you can always incorporate aerodynamics to increase the efficiency of electric or other fuel:
                          http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa....html#post1470

Comment

Conventional EV's

I was looking through EV conversion kits (VERY EXPENSIVE!) and noticed a common trend. For example a Chevy S-10 will go 40 miles per charge with a 144 volt 5500 Ahr pack. Most people use 6v batteries, but I think the best way is 2v 255 Ahr. The overall weight is less with 3x more power.

So what would be the problem with having two banks of 20-30 batteries each with a dc-dc converter to get the specs needed. A Bendini circut can be connected to each of the wheels to charge bank 1, while running on bank two. Once the bank is charged up, switch. A converter would be less efficient, but would allow two banks for the space of one. Also, I m thinking a ultracapacitor for cranking amps and peak loads.

Thanks, Dustin

Comment

Grid Tie

By any chance, does anyone know how to grid-tie an AC generator? I have seen DC-AC grid tie inverters for solar-wind, but not one that could be used to push energy back to the grid via a genset. I am thinking this would be a good area to workout incase we need to plug in our cars at home. With grid tie, the power company becomes your battery bank. So besides your car, you would get free energy at home too through the grid. Most states will carry over your credits to the next month, so it will save a ton of money.
                              Thanks, Dustin

Comment

Working...
                              X