Best organic agriculture method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best organic agriculture method?

Putting together a community as of now, and we are looking for the best way(s) to efficiently supply food. I have read about the effects of orgone,cementite, and a little about using electrostatic fields. I am very interested with the ideas but I must ask what is everyone else's personal opinion? I am looking for an effective and definitely positive result method can i get some help?
    "When he changes his world, he is selfish, when he changes the world, he is helping....don't be selfish...help"

I swear by aquaponics and wicking beds with ormus

Comment

Best method?

The best method I believe is to grow the crops that make the most $ to grow, and for the best value. ( health )

My target is to look a all that I buy now from the grocery store and ask the question, can I grow this and for what price of energy and effort to grow?

Aquaponics is great, but does miss what is in the soil, that is why I agree with use of wicking garden beds as stated before.

Much depends on the resources around you. If you can find organic food that is sold cheaper than you can grow it, it makes sense to not grow that but to stock up on that food, and fill in the gaps of what you cannot buy cheap.

For me, I can buy organic wheat on Amazon for $50.00 for 50lbs delivered. This is brain dead deal for me because, my labor and time to grow that much wheat here in Florida I would loose money paying myself $10.00 an hour in planting, watering, prep of ground etc.

Past aquaponics, I highly recommend the rain gutter grow system on youtube. Much of the time spent watering the plants is gone if you use this system. When you supply plants all the water they need, with wicking method you insure they don't get too much or too little water and they excel.

I also suggest that you look into shade cloth because instead of spraying your plants to prevent / kill bugs, you provide a physical barrier to which the bugs can't get to your prized food.

Over all I suggest looking the following methods :

Squarefoot Gardening
      Biodynamic Gardening
      Aeroponics
      Aquaponics
      Wicking garden beds
      Global buckets ( youtube )

Ruth Stout's

Ruth Stout's System

And better yet, find a LOCAL garden club and visit them as the seeds they provide will grow in your area.
      See my experiments here...
      http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Also..

Back to Eden Film - Watch Back to Eden Film

Wood chips are awesome for gardening. Mulch takes about 2 years before it starts to decompose fully, but once it does, it is like magic
        See my experiments here...
        http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyd View Post
          I swear by aquaponics and wicking beds with ormus
          And rock dust, heaps and heaps of rock dust.
          Soil where I am is so nutrient deficient it is embarrsing, I composted and mulched for years to get below average soils.
          Last edited by Bobbyd; 08-13-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Suggestion

I would suggest you start with three pioneers in this area.
            1. Viktor Schauberger
            2. Dr. Maynard Murray
            3. Phillip Callahan

There are many others but if you start with these three, you be ahead of alot of other people.

Comment

Originally posted by thurstjo63 View Post
              I would suggest you start with three pioneers in this area.
              1. Viktor Schauberger
              2. Dr. Maynard Murray
              3. Phillip Callahan

There are many others but if you start with these three, you be ahead of alot of other people.
              Excellent sugestions, thurstjo63, i am a Bio-Dynamic farmer in Australia, and the reading material from who you have suggested would be very helpfull.

Also you could pick up some hints in the right direction from the body that Certifies and audits my farm. their web site is Australian Demeter - BDRI

Warm Regards Cornboy.

Comment

Agriculture Method

No matter how much a man progresses, agriculture is an occupation that was, is and will always be undertaken since it suffices one of the most important basic needs of the population- Food. Crop is a good idea for agriculture. A technique to grow various kinds of crops in the same area, according to different seasons, in a sequential manner. you can try out cultivating crops.

Thanks
                Adi Nayak

Comment

Working...
                X