X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rpm ????

Originally posted by Matthew Jones
    How fast does your motor go? rewound that is...

Matt
    Matt,
    Sorry about the crops, yes this cold keeps me out of my shop. It's just tin and wood with no heat. Despite numb hands and feet the 3BGS bug bite is a driving force.

Will get the rpm's for the modified motor soon. The higher rpm produces much higher voltage and amperage. A serial wound version generator sounds interesting. Use same design as yours or conventional generator winding? Which is what the stock motor coupled to it is. And produces low voltage.

Thanks Matt almost above freezing outside, shop time
    wantomake

Comment

• What Matt is talking about here, if you don't know, is that the end caps (one of which contains the brushes) that go on the motor case have a little raised tab that fits into a notch on the motor case to make sure the brushes are aligned (centered) on the magnets, so that the coils get power when they are over the magnets. By grinding off these tabs you can rotate the end cap slightly in either direction until the bolt going all the way through the case hits against the magnet. I would advise that you mark both the end cap and the case with a permanent marker so you know where the center point SHOULD line up before grinding the tab off. Otherwise you will never know if it is "holding" the new alignment you set when you move it off center a few degrees. Once you get it right where you want it, mark it with a different color permanent marker. Hope that makes sense

Dave
      “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
      —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

• Rpm

Dave and Matt,
        Yes the tabs on this motor are removed already, so will do as you said.

The rpm on mod motor is 2700 with it straight connected to 24 volts no load. With the two motors coupled together 1300~1400 rpm as they charge battery #1.

As of last night still can't find that sweet spot again. Will connect #1 and #2 to charge with Imhotep radiant charger I have.

wantomake

Comment

• Reversing Polarity

A while back, when I was having the same kind of results you are having...the charging of all three batteries with nothing but a stock motor and loads on battery 3, I quickly disconnected everything and checked the polarity of battery 3. It had reversed.

Every time since that I have seen the charging of all batteries at once I have checked that polarity and battery 3 is always reversed.

You will get good results until it flips BACK and then the event ends. If you have read my account of the first time this ever happened to me in the first post of the 3BGS thread, you will see that the battery I had on that day seemed capable of flipping polarity back and forth because it would not hold a charge.

I have since been told that you can get a single battery to put out power without limit by reversing its polarity ...running it down, then using a generator to hit the poles with spikes that will reverse its polarity. Once the polarity is reversed it becomes a never ending battery. I have tried to replicate this but have never been successful. The individual who told me this claims to have been able to reverse a battery both electrically and magnetically to get it to do this.

Dave
          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

• reversing polarity

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            A while back, when I was having the same kind of results you are having...the charging of all three batteries with nothing but a stock motor and loads on battery 3, I quickly disconnected everything and checked the polarity of battery 3. It had reversed.

Every time since that I have seen the charging of all batteries at once I have checked that polarity and battery 3 is always reversed.

You will get good results until it flips BACK and then the event ends. If you have read my account of the first time this ever happened to me in the first post of the 3BGS thread, you will see that the battery I had on that day seemed capable of flipping polarity back and forth because it would not hold a charge.

I have since been told that you can get a single battery to put out power without limit by reversing its polarity ...running it down, then using a generator to hit the poles with spikes that will reverse its polarity. Once the polarity is reversed it becomes a never ending battery. I have tried to replicate this but have never been successful. The individual who told me this claims to have been able to reverse a battery both electrically and magnetically to get it to do this.

Dave
            Dave,
            The flipping polarity is a strange explanation, but something is causing a charge with this setup. That does explain the reason for a bad battery. If someone could know how to reverse a battery bank, then the sky is the limit. So "hitting the poles with spikes from a generator " is it referring to the frequency(???) of the battery or what needs to be matched to get the reversal of polarity.

The sad truth is I couldn't get a bad battery to flip polarity(but just once) is why I stopped testing this setup. Nor could get the system to self charge until now. But as posted earlier messed up using car charger.

Very interesting,
            wantomake

Comment

• Flipping polarity

According to this individual, he was connecting positive on the generator to negative on the battery, to induce a polarity flip. But first he ran the battery all the way down by hooking lights to it and letting it sit. I never got this to work, but I always used a MOTOR as my generator and never had a real generator to try and use.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                According to this individual, he was connecting positive on the generator to negative on the battery, to induce a polarity flip. But first he ran the battery all the way down by hooking lights to it and letting it sit. I never got this to work, but I always used a MOTOR as my generator and never had a real generator to try and use.

David
                Hi Dave,

Do you have problems flipping battery polarity? Or can you do it at will? Did your whole battery reverse polarity or just a few cells?

The reason I ask I have single cell ALCAD 5.5's and a year or two ago I was trying to see how low I could take the front end battery bank while running the Bedini SG, when the voltage got very low some of the cells flipped polarity and were receiving a charge reverse polarity and they were boiling... I was not aware this had happend... But I heard a few of the batteries boiling away and checked the voltages on the cells and I saw the pole flip. Only three out of 8 flipped. I figured this was nothing too special going on as this can happen to any battery when discharging it that low. I assumed the SG was charging the reversed cells as they were boiling. That was the extent of my experimentation on this... Although I thought about it from time to time thereafter.

Any more detailed thoughts you are willing to share about what you found when your battery or batteries ran for a extremely long time... Would be appreciated.

-Dave Wing
                Last edited by jettis; 01-11-2015, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• I can flip the polarity of a battery at will simply by discharging it and connecting it to a motor. It just doesn't seem to perform as was indicated it would.

WHENEVER it flips polarity while running the 3BGS setup, you can get a long run, and loading battery 3 down is the way you keep it from flipping back for a while. What you have to understand, is that you MUST use resistive loads because they have to run without regard to polarity of the battery. And there will STILL come a point when the battery will flip back and you are done. If we ever figure out how to stop it from flipping back, it is a done deal. This flipping of polarity is why folks (including me) have burnt up inverters connected to battery 3. Suddenly the polarity of the battery flips direction and the inverter doesn't like that much.

My original setup when I first hooked it up, did nothing for 15 minutes. The voltage on battery 3 read 24 volts. It slowly went down to 18 volts. At that point the DC motor came on and would start to run. The voltage on battery 3 continued to drop down to around 9 volts. At that point the motor would shut off, the voltage would jump back to 24 volts, and the process would repeat.

In over 8 years of working on the 3BGS I have NEVER had a setup where that sequence of events has occurred again. In every setup I have had since, the voltage will drop to about 12 volts and stabilize. It will NEVER go down to 9 volts and the motor shut down. There was some condition of the original battery 3 that allowed this to happen, and that is what makes all the difference. That original setup ran, producing power, for nearly two months before I took it apart to take to California, and then I was never able to get it to work like that again. I didn't realize how important the individual pieces I had were, and assumed it was just the circuit itself. I was wrong.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    I can flip the polarity of a battery at will simply by discharging it and connecting it to a motor. It just doesn't seem to perform as was indicated it would.

WHENEVER it flips polarity while running the 3BGS setup, you can get a long run, and loading battery 3 down is the way you keep it from flipping back for a while. What you have to understand, is that you MUST use resistive loads because they have to run without regard to polarity of the battery. And there will STILL come a point when the battery will flip back and you are done. If we ever figure out how to stop it from flipping back, it is a done deal. This flipping of polarity is why folks (including me) have burnt up inverters connected to battery 3. Suddenly the polarity of the battery flips direction and the inverter doesn't like that much.

My original setup when I first hooked it up, did nothing for 15 minutes. The voltage on battery 3 read 24 volts. It slowly went down to 18 volts. At that point the DC motor came on and would start to run. The voltage on battery 3 continued to drop down to around 9 volts. At that point the motor would shut off, the voltage would jump back to 24 volts, and the process would repeat.

In over 8 years of working on the 3BGS I have NEVER had a setup where that sequence of events has occurred again. In every setup I have had since, the voltage will drop to about 12 volts and stabilize. It will NEVER go down to 9 volts and the motor shut down. There was some condition of the original battery 3 that allowed this to happen, and that is what makes all the difference. That original setup ran, producing power, for nearly two months before I took it apart to take to California, and then I was never able to get it to work like that again. I didn't realize how important the individual pieces I had were, and assumed it was just the circuit itself. I was wrong.

Dave
                    Dave thanks for the reply. When you flip polarity of the battery is every cell flipped?

I will try some experimentation and familiarize myself with taking a load from the 3rd battery with the polarity reversed... I am curious about doing the tests.

-Dave Wing
                    Last edited by jettis; 01-12-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Flipping polarity

I never measured the individual cells, so I can't give you an answer to that.I simply put my meter on the battery and saw that it was reading - voltage when connected correctly.

Dave

Comment

• hi all.doing a bit of reading lately has renewed my interest in regauging EM cores in a motor.so i tried a dual polarity power supply for a bit of push-pull.then i noticed that i could loop the spikes back to source,(to the other big cap from the 1 that just switched off).it just fell into place.here's a way to loop with a mono winding.i guess the internal diode in fets in regular push-pull circuits does the same thing when switching inductors,which can be 2 coils with a center tap,like the pic in post 432,or a motor winding. i guess sometimes it get's wasted.at any switch-off point the other transistor is always off as there's a short interval between events.this is on the rc motor 1 phase ac. it runs pretty smooth and quiet and has decent torque for 2 coils in a motor with room for 12.
                        i'm thinkin, with more volts or less turns, more speed/shorter pulses the spike recovery should refund a progressively higher % of input.after measuring the returns it looks like the switch-offs could be sharper,maybe earlier. in a blocking osc. the feedback winding speeds up the switching on and off.that might be what's missing in this setup.i guess this is where fets and drivers go better.this circuit is a work in progress.will see what i can do with it.
                        cheers.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by voltan; 01-15-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• good verses bad

Hello to All,
                          Just a thought. Per my post 441 and 445, battery #3 was a good one. (Yes I did video it with cell phone and will post on YouTube). But I was still getting a charge after the initial drop at start up. Cause I know there is a drop then voltage will rise and you think you found it. But I waited until all settled down. So can this special event happen with good or bad batteries at position #3 ?? If this had happened more than once I would know.

This 3BGS bug got me in the middle of winter,
                          wantomake

Comment

• wantomake,
                            It can happen with a good battery. It can happen with a bad battery. I have seen both. It is more LIKELY to happen with a bad battery because you have a greater potential difference and a better opportunity for battery 3 to flip polarity. That's why I harped on the bad battery in the 3BGS thread. I wanted as many people as possible to see what I was seeing. If nobody sees it, then nobody believes you. When I first posted this on Overunity.com eight years ago, NOBODY who replicated saw it so everyone assumed I was a fraud, although only four or five people bothered to replicate, some tried with several batteries. It was pretty frustrating for me to have to keep defending myself, and eventually I gave up.

If you did NOT have battery 3 flip polarity, then you may be seeing something different.

When John B first posted this circuit he was talking about using resistive loads as the load on the circuit. It becomes a whole other animal when you use a brushed DC motor as the load. It ALSO adds a new dimension when you use a brushed DC motor as your load on battery 3.

I believe the time I got runaway charging and my primaries suddenly went up to 18 volts was because the motor attached to battery 3 as a load was in some kind of resonance with the motor used as a load on the circuit (a universal motor). It scared me and I ran out of the room. I was afraid the batteries were going to explode. This was when I was first getting started and didn't know anything about batteries at all.

With changes, like a pulsed DC motor, there are all kinds of opportunities for increased charging, resonance, polarity flipping, and who knows what else, to affect the performance of the circuit.

The 3BGS bug can be very addicting. I've been on this ride for eight years now and have no intention of getting off soon. I usually have one or two setups running and am always trying new things.

BUT, as I hope folks are beginning to see... Having a motor that works better than an off the shelf motor...not PERFECT, but better...Having the 3 battery setup contribute its ability to extend run times (or some other variation of the Tesla switch) having a generator that runs with reduced lenz or lenz free, and a big flywheel....put it all together and you will have a working unit. It will be BASIC, and all parts can use improvement, but it WILL work.

Dave

Comment

• dc motor as load

Dave,
                              Thanks, I've not tried a brushed dc motor as load on #3. Will try anything as a load.

Time to feed the bug,
                              wantomake

Comment

• clarification

I should mention that the universal motor I had running on battery three was my shop vac, plugged into an inverter. And remember what I said about inverters. When the polarity flips you will probably let the smoke out of one if it is attached.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X