No announcement yet.

Jes Ascanius Radiant collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was quite a while ago and I moved on to other radiant collector ideas..like the fence based one in a YouTube vid (same name on there).

As I recall, it was a simple enough thing.
    The 3 plates hung up from the ceiling, connected in parallel. The former mains lead ran down to an AV plug (back to back 1N4148 diodes connected at one end) and into the 1000uF electrolytic capacitor.
    The interesting thing, was that 0.6V should have been dropped and that the output diode ought to have seen a flat zero from the cap at 0.6V charge level. That wasn't the case though. Of course, the output diode isn't needed in any case, it just improved the collection flow if there was a circuit on the other end.
    In other experiments, i've seen small red banded glass diodes drop just 100mV when used with miniscule voltage and current levels. Other folks experiments have seen diodes actually develop a charge when left alone in one place for long periods. All very interesting stuff

Last edited by Slider2732; 07-10-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Output Help

Could Jes or someone please provide information on how they converted the dc output voltage into something useable for household or ?

Powering an LED with one module is great, but how has experience been with many modules?

I have parts on order to build my first system, following Jes dimensions for collector plate, etc exactly.

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Now what?

This arrangement works quite well.

I got nearly 4 Volts across each of my 7 modules. I used 10' x 1.5' aluminum roof flashing about 12 feet in the air, connected to 10 gauge solid wire. Circuit is mid-point of the ariel. It's pretty cool.

How do I use this power now? I think the most logical arrangement would be to power a batteries, but how is this done? Just connect the capacitors to a dead battery?

Comment

1 Module

Right now I have 1 module at 21 volts. Before I had 7 modules at 3 volts.

It seems increasing the number of modules doesn't give you more power. It just spreads power across the modules evenly.

More aerials will yield more power though. That's my next experiment.

I used N4148 diodes from mouser.com

My aerial is 10' x 1.5' aluminum foil (roof flashing) from Home Depot ($15)

Comment

I started a thread on this subject some time ago. It seems there is missing information / education to understand exactly what Tesla means.

I pleased to say there are a group of electronics wizards that have cracked it and that if your interested follow this thread:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...f-concept.html

Radiant collectors can be made to be passive or active.

Bruce's system is an active system.

Comment

Actually building

Hi all, I am new to the forum and very happy to find people with more experience and the same goals

I am a reader then doer, not big on posting

I have started trying to replicate Jess's arial system, and any assistance or feedback will be appreciated.

Ok got and Alliminium Plate 980mm X 410 mm in the air at the bottom where i connected the wire with solid copper nut & bolt is aprox 5 meters in the air.

I think this is sufficient.

I think my problem lies in either the Grounding wire and/or the earth connection.
              I did not and are having a hard time finding 3meter pipes or any thick solid coper core wiring.

I have 3.7mm insulated copper wire (multistrand) but inside is only 2.5mm
              The earthing is a 11mm solid copper earthnig rod 1 meter length, coupled to a 1.8 meter 25mm steel square tube with another 15mm square tube inside.

The components for the circuit is:

1. 1N60P germanium rectifier diodes
              2. 100 uf 50V elec radial Caps
              3. CAP POLYESTER 200nF 250V 10
              CAPACITOR METALLIZED POLYESTER FILM COATED / DIPPED
              0.2uF / 200nF / 250V / P=10

Reading so far:

with Jess circuit contant 108-120mv, with a FWBR circuit and 220uf 25V cap i get contant 400-420mv.

Will post pictures, but any advise will help, I truly think the plate is big and high enough, but the grounding wire and earth might be insufficient.

Also reading the thread and comments by Jes himself, I am based in Johhanesburg South Africa, altitude is 1500meter above sea level and a relatively dry area so should be good.

Granitehead
              Last edited by Granitehead; 07-28-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerall View Post
                This arrangement works quite well.

I got nearly 4 Volts across each of my 7 modules.
                This is very interesting but to know the power, we need to
                know the current.

Would you connect a substantial load resistor across, and
                measure the amperage?

Comment

Update

Hi All,

Ok still no pics, but success, watched the link of Jess video, still have some exstra questions, but for now just an update.

I changed none of the original setup, meaning Airial plate, grounding wires or anything else, I just followed his advise and added a second earth connection.

This second earth could and have to be improved as with the first, all i did was use my house plug earth wire and connect to that for a second earth.

My readings went up aproxamitely 100 times, getting 7-10 Volts now, will make proper notes on current and Voltage, will also build second module to see the effect.

The readings differ during times in a day, must be the added radio waves etc.

Comment

Can Jess or anyone that has succeeded in replicating his device please help.

OK al working well, gettting 24V of one module, the Amps are low but expected, there is a direct correlation to V and A, meaning at 5V your get .05mA, at 10V you get 0.1mA.

My problem is that adding another module as per PJK & Jess does not double the total output. It stays the same.

Either my circuit is wrong, or this is a nice experiment with Zero practical use.

Can anyone tell me if they had success with more than one module? ie better output.

Comment

I agree about the linearity and would think that multiple 'should' work, though most probably with less extra gains per unit also in that linear way. However, is the 1 unit bringing through everything available, or, only what it can pass through as 1 unit.

With not having done much myself with these for quite some while now, i'd like to find out too, as a futherment. There are questions such as can the output of one feed into another, and, can many devices share just one input as say positive input but need seperate isolated Grounds.Also, can diodes be omitted from parts of the chain of units, producing improvements, where normally extra units would be thought to need those diodes.
                      Some partially related recent experiments might help though. I've found that blocking oscillators can have the pulsed positive output feed into the positive input of a second unit and that by using a seperate ground, the second one will produce a stronger output than the first did. Output can rise, in voltage, but milliamps suffer. None of it is to the point of a circuit diagram, but just to say it's worth exploring changes in the circuit connections, rather than connecting identical units.
                      If you find a way, i'm all ears ! or all eyes at least, to read how you fathomed it out.

One test that many may ask, is what happens if you switch off the whole house at the fusebox ? Does your better running condition still exist ?
                      'Leaks' or more properly inductive effects into house Grounds from the other wires, have been noted on many occasions and do cause some confusion. If your circuit still shows the improvements then it answers that one

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                        This is very interesting but to know the power, we need to
                        know the current.

Would you connect a substantial load resistor across, and
                        measure the amperage?
                        The voltage climbs at a rate between 0.003 and 0.008 Volts per second (V/s) which works out to Amps = Farads x V/s = 100uF x 0.008 V/s ~= 1uA, not very much. If I let it climb to 30V, it's enough to power a LED for about half a second.

Adding more aerials does help, I was able to go from 3 mV/s to 8mV/s simply by hanging more metal off my primary aerial. I'd love to be able to get more current, but I believe this will take more + higher aerials. I have tried multiple modules hooked together, but in my experiments this does not product any more power. The power is simply divided amongst the capacitors.

Comment

Feedback

Thank you slider and power for the input

Firstly i made a change yesterday to the airial wire went to single core wire, still not at the 8SWG suggested, since here in RSA they dont sell it, our electricity regulation forbid single core cable, but only multistrand, so the best i could get was 2.5mm.

Also chagned all my leads to my workbench to the same cable, added another plate, so now have 2 Aliminium plates 5 meters up both 970mm X 39mm. The earthing still the same have found a supplier so will get solid copper rods for both the first and second earth, but that depends on price

Measuring from the leads the results are not that much better than my 6mm multistrand, V = .33 - .35 and amps from 3 mA - 3.5 mA (this is measuring the connecting cables no circuit)

Will test your putting the mains off theory on the weekend, but here is a very interesting one.

A circuit with FWBR and a 220uF,25V cap gave me low Voltage and High Amps, so i combined a Jess circuit with this, now my Amp reading have gone up from 100u to 5mA for one circuit, and the Voltage a little up.

Secondly the diodes do make a difference, I built 2 of these one with 1N4007 and one with 1N60P germanium diodes, nearly 50% improvement with the Germanium Diodes.

The result of the above is I can now have a LED lit up nearly 24/7 (4.5V,30m

Test.jpg

Comment

question

Hi All,

I have question not really relating to the above, but hoped someone could assist me, as they say there are no dumb questions only ignorant people.

Alot of the circuits in the PJK book has a "neon" in them.

Is this a neon light??? and if so there are many different Volt/Amp/Watt neon lights, how do i know which one to use?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Granitehead View Post
                              Hi All,

I have question not really relating to the above, but hoped someone could assist me, as they say there are no dumb questions only ignorant people.

Alot of the circuits in the PJK book has a "neon" in them.

Is this a neon light??? and if so there are many different Volt/Amp/Watt neon lights, how do i know which one to use?

Thanks in advance
                              Hi

Neon bulbs generally flash-over at about 70volts, ie NE-2s.

See:
                              Neon lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards

John

Comment

Ascanius on PCB

Hi all,

I designed a pcb based on Jes schematic, its 32 modules connected in parallel in 1 board, and i am currently ordering a prototype from local pcb maker. if anyone interested here it is.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X