Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube ONLY 13% OF SEATS AVAILABLE!!!*** 2017 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***


* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


Go Back   Energetic Forum > >
   

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4351  
Old 03-26-2017, 06:03 PM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozier56 View Post
Is HIPS (hi impact polystyrene) user friendly in our pyrolysis systems?
When making diesel from WMO, are you folks centrifuging or using seperators to take out the fine carbon particles before using in your vechiles?
If you are referring to the high impact plastic used for all electrical appliances, simple answer is no.
The plastic is called ABS. This is the stuff I play with. It contains many nasty chemicals used as fire retardants. The most common being Bromine. Bromine is a Halogen. ABS is also full of fillers to make the plastic hard or soft. Mainly clay is used and up to as much as 50% of the plastic can be clay.
The fuel that comes off Ethyl Benzene(styrene) which stinks and is more related to Petrol than Diesel.
To make is simple, Stay away from ABS (or HIPS).
Another plastic to stay away from is PVC. This is found as electrical insulation among other things. This plastic produces as much as 50% of it's weight in HCL. It is very dangerous.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #4352  
Old 03-28-2017, 01:45 PM
jonathan jonathan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 175
gases

thanks WHEELS ...as i read pp and pe is much better..so if i remove all papers and wash all plastic well does not produce h2s and hcl? thanks
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4353  
Old 04-04-2017, 07:10 PM
rozier56 rozier56 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 113
rozier56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
If you are referring to the high impact plastic used for all electrical appliances, simple answer is no.
The plastic is called ABS. This is the stuff I play with. It contains many nasty chemicals used as fire retardants. The most common being Bromine. Bromine is a Halogen. ABS is also full of fillers to make the plastic hard or soft. Mainly clay is used and up to as much as 50% of the plastic can be clay.
The fuel that comes off Ethyl Benzene(styrene) which stinks and is more related to Petrol than Diesel.
To make is simple, Stay away from ABS (or HIPS).
Another plastic to stay away from is PVC. This is found as electrical insulation among other things. This plastic produces as much as 50% of it's weight in HCL. It is very dangerous.
Thank you, for the info.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4354  
Old 06-19-2017, 06:29 PM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
tire pyrolysis oil

Hello to everyone
I want to use pyrolytic oil from waste tires to generator.
I think this oil distillation. Is it enough to heat up to 300 degrees and distill?
How much product do I get?
Have you tried this?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4355  
Old 06-26-2017, 04:46 AM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedigen View Post
Hello to everyone
I want to use pyrolytic oil from waste tires to generator.
I think this oil distillation. Is it enough to heat up to 300 degrees and distill?
How much product do I get?
Have you tried this?
It can be done, but the Fuel you get from Tires is very black and it smells.
About 50% of a Tire is made up of Carbon Black. So after the Fuel is removed, you end up with a lot of Carbon to get rid of. If you process whole tires, then you will also have a lot of steel wire and some Tires have Kevlar in them, which does not melt. So you end up with a lot of rubbish to remove.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4356  
Old 08-07-2017, 09:11 AM
rozier56 rozier56 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 113
rozier56

Can some one remind me why we can't use PET in our process.I know we discussed before, but it seems the Chinese are doing it?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4357  
Old 08-08-2017, 07:57 AM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
soot and smoke problem

Hello to everyone
What can I do to chemically purify tyre pyrolysis oil
I need to use it as a diesel in the generator. I filtered it with simple bleaching earth. There is too much smoke. There is too much soot. What can I do to reduce soot?




__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4358  
Old 08-08-2017, 06:01 PM
rozier56 rozier56 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 113
rozier56

thks Wheels!
But i am refering to PET PLASTIC. as used in coke bottles?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4359  
Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 AM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
What is the chemical in the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZcmNTL8sq4
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4360  
Old 08-11-2017, 10:01 AM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
There is also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPwWIKn3uw

What could these chemicals be?

This person claims plastic pyrolysis oil improvement

__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4361  
Old 08-13-2017, 05:59 PM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedigen View Post
Hello to everyone
What can I do to chemically purify tyre pyrolysis oil
I need to use it as a diesel in the generator. I filtered it with simple bleaching earth. There is too much smoke. There is too much soot. What can I do to reduce soot?




Far from easy. There are all kinds of Carbon chains in this kind of Fuel and it requires a lot of complex work to clean up. Hence why Fuel from Tyre's is not commonly done.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4362  
Old 08-13-2017, 06:04 PM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozier56 View Post
Can some one remind me why we can't use PET in our process.I know we discussed before, but it seems the Chinese are doing it?
I doubt the Chinese are doing it. PET is Terephthalic Acid, or more commonly known as Polyester. PET is about the only plastic that has a good resale price. It is spun directly into Polyester yarns and then made onto Carpet, Polarfleece and other material. It does not melt. It goes from Solid to Gas and then when cooled down, it turns directly into a White Crystaline powder which is pure Terephtalic Acid. This will block up all the Pipe work.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4363  
Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 PM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedigen View Post
What is the chemical in the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZcmNTL8sq4
It will be a solvent of some kind. Maybe Acetone perhaps. All that is happening is that the hydrocarbons are being diluted as such so as the different weights are settling out. However, there are couple of problems with this. firstly, note the quantity of the Solvent being used. It looks like maybe 30 to even 50%. So the cost would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to make Fuel for very little cost. Secondly, this process is not actually cleaning the Fuel, it is separating it into various weights. You have to work out if the result is the weight you want. i.e. a Petrol type fuel or a Diesel type fuel.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4364  
Old 08-15-2017, 07:46 PM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
It will be a solvent of some kind. Maybe Acetone perhaps. All that is happening is that the hydrocarbons are being diluted as such so as the different weights are settling out. However, there are couple of problems with this. firstly, note the quantity of the Solvent being used. It looks like maybe 30 to even 50%. So the cost would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to make Fuel for very little cost. Secondly, this process is not actually cleaning the Fuel, it is separating it into various weights. You have to work out if the result is the weight you want. i.e. a Petrol type fuel or a Diesel type fuel.

How can I use rubber oil as diesel? Does a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and citric acid work? Or do you have a suggestion?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4365  
Old 08-16-2017, 05:15 AM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedigen View Post
How can I use rubber oil as diesel? Does a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and citric acid work? Or do you have a suggestion?
You are starting to get beyond the scope of this Forum. Hence why we say stick to the two easy to process plastics.
Once you get into Chemistry, you really REALLY need to know what you are doing. For instance, Hydrogen Peroxide and Citric Acid mixed in just the right proportion, can become highly unstable and explosive. Hydrogen Peroxide is a powerful oxidizer and highly reactive to many things. So you need to be extremely careful using it and extra extremely careful what you mix it with.
Tyres are a terrible stock to use for fuel. The resulting oil smells terrible and it is black as you likely already know. The Chinese use it for boiler heating fuel and that's about it. It is not good for Vehicle Engines. You also end up with a huge amount of waste after the process. About 50% of the Tyre ends up as Carbon Black. Some heat the entire tyre and some remove the steel belting first before heating. Trying to clean out the Retort after a heating process is very messy.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4366  
Old 08-16-2017, 06:45 PM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
You are starting to get beyond the scope of this Forum. Hence why we say stick to the two easy to process plastics.
Once you get into Chemistry, you really REALLY need to know what you are doing. For instance, Hydrogen Peroxide and Citric Acid mixed in just the right proportion, can become highly unstable and explosive. Hydrogen Peroxide is a powerful oxidizer and highly reactive to many things. So you need to be extremely careful using it and extra extremely careful what you mix it with.
Tyres are a terrible stock to use for fuel. The resulting oil smells terrible and it is black as you likely already know. The Chinese use it for boiler heating fuel and that's about it. It is not good for Vehicle Engines. You also end up with a huge amount of waste after the process. About 50% of the Tyre ends up as Carbon Black. Some heat the entire tyre and some remove the steel belting first before heating. Trying to clean out the Retort after a heating process is very messy.
Do you have a suggestion for plastic oil?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4367  
Old 08-17-2017, 04:34 AM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedigen View Post
Do you have a suggestion for plastic oil?
Not totally sure what you mean. Do you mean which plastics are best for fuel? There are two main plastics. Polyethylene(PE) and Polypropylene (PP). If you are unsure of what plastics, then you need to read this entire Thread. Pretty much everything has been asked and answered that can be.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4368  
Old 08-19-2017, 01:50 PM
kedigen kedigen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
Not totally sure what you mean. Do you mean which plastics are best for fuel? There are two main plastics. Polyethylene(PE) and Polypropylene (PP). If you are unsure of what plastics, then you need to read this entire Thread. Pretty much everything has been asked and answered that can be.


I've been away from the forum for a long time. But I made a 4,4m3 reactor for plastic. And we got positive results. The resulting product was very flammable.I did it by talking to you. In the use of pe, there was a paraffin problem. You said you use reflux. That's four years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgM_uCKhfz0

this is 4.4 m3 reactor for plastic (without reflux)


PLASTİK PİROLİZİ REKTÖR YAPIMI VE İŞLETİMİ


I also have blackened problem. I am trying to solve this problem.
I am now building a 6m3 new reactor. We will tire pyrolysis in this reactor. We will use this oil in the generator. For electricity generation. Tire oil is also quite blackened. I need to clean it.

If this problem is not solved, the exhaust outlet is clogged. For this reason I was desperate.

thanks
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4369  
Old 08-19-2017, 10:11 PM
wheels wheels is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedigen View Post
I've been away from the forum for a long time. But I made a 4,4m3 reactor for plastic. And we got positive results. The resulting product was very flammable.I did it by talking to you. In the use of pe, there was a paraffin problem. You said you use reflux. That's four years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgM_uCKhfz0

this is 4.4 m3 reactor for plastic (without reflux)


PLASTİK PİROLİZİ REKTÖR YAPIMI VE İŞLETİMİ


I also have blackened problem. I am trying to solve this problem.
I am now building a 6m3 new reactor. We will tire pyrolysis in this reactor. We will use this oil in the generator. For electricity generation. Tire oil is also quite blackened. I need to clean it.

If this problem is not solved, the exhaust outlet is clogged. For this reason I was desperate.

thanks
Firstly to the black Tyre oil. I suspect the black is caused by ultra fine particles of carbon. This will need filtering out. The question is how. You need to get a chemical analysis on the Fuel and find out how small those particles are. Then from that, you can determine if there is a Filter fine enough that is in existence that would filter the carbon out. The only problem is that a filter made from some form of material is going to clog easily and will need to be able to be cleaned regularly. I would expect that replacing them would be come to costly.
Another idea it to use a centrifuge type cleaner. There are many available designed for Fuel, but they are expensive. The advantage is that there is no filter required. You can get small units that you manually clean and larger units that automatically clean.

The PE plastic, actually it was not me that said about the reflux. I think that was excalibur. PE naturally produces parraffin wax. This can be controlled slightly by time and temperature. The longer the time and the higher the temperature, the shorter the Molecular chain that is usually produced. The reflux idea works by allowing the longer chains to pass through multiple times till they break down short enough to then pass right through.
The issue with Parraffin wax is that it is not a long chain molecule. So a reflux is not that effective as for longer chains like Tar. So there are other ways that the Parraffin wax is targeted in the commercial plants. It can be done chemically and it can be done by isolating the wax and then processing it, or removing it and selling it as parrafin wax. For the amateur like us here, the best is to keep the fuel warmed slightly to keep it as a liquid, all the way to the engine.
I have not tried, but you could also try adding Winter antifreeze additives used to stop Diesel from waxing up in cold temperatures.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

For One-Time Donations, use admin@ this domain > energeticforum.com

Choose your voluntary subscription

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers