2014 Energy Science & Technology Conference


Energetic Forum  

Go Back   Energetic Forum > Energetic Forum Discussion > Renewable Energy
Homepage Energetic Science Ministries Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 01:52 AM
dragon's Avatar
dragon dragon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTric View Post
@dragon so you were really using an inverter in the toroid setup?

@vidbid: romerouk as warn us that the HF/RF will probably kill the inverter, but he refered using the MOT!

so its safe to drive an NST or FLYBACK transformer, with an inverter near this setup?
The twin toroids were driven by one of the $6.50 allelectronics 2000 volt 10ma NST's ( 12 volt ). The kapagen replication was done with a 6500volt 20ma NST normally driven by 120 volt. I put the inverter on it to see if it would function the same with a 12 volt input. Other than a few tweaks it did fine. I do have a conditioning cap in front of the NST primary coil which would filter out any HV spikes to the inverter. It was one of those 12.00 cheapie 70 watt units...
________

Last edited by dragon : 01-19-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:08 AM
TanTric's Avatar
TanTric TanTric is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 358
:)

thank you dragon

its someone familiar with this kind of induction?

YouTube - Трансформатор Зацаринина - разоблачение

im using all as described in that video, but mine is bigger... toroid, copper foil, plastic insulator. But i dont know the frequency that this thing will work!



help please?



EDIT: i think the guy says 6Khz in the video, but im not shore!

Last edited by TanTric : 06-30-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:14 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Arrow 12VDC-Input Kapagen : Isolation Transformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench76 View Post
Thank you vidbid so this is basically the same as the 240vac version with an inverter and 12vdc battery? Looks interesting, Ill have to read some more on this.
That image is for conceptualization purposes only and is not intended for actual use.

Be extremely careful. Whenever you mix a battery, an inverter, and a high voltage device, you have danger. There's a lot of current running through that inverter and/or other device, and the voltage/current can fry you.

If one were to suggest anything, one might indicate that one might consider looking at a NST or a flyback transformer as others have suggested here.


Last edited by vidbid : 06-30-2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: clarity
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation Thank You For the Romerouk Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTric View Post
@dragon so you were really using an inverter in the toroid setup?

@vidbid: romerouk as warn us that the HF/RF will probably kill the inverter, but he refered using the MOT!
I thank you for his warning. I will take it under advisement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTric View Post
so its safe to drive an NST or FLYBACK transformer, with an inverter near this setup?
I'm not sure if you're addressing me or not, but if you are, then I would say that that would probably constitute a warranty, and I do not issue warranties.

I would advise caution. If I were to advise on that matter, I might say that one should only consider it as an aide to conceptualization and nothing more.

DISCLAIMER: The author of this post assume no liability for any incidental, consequential or other liability from the use of this information. All risks and damages, incidental or otherwise arising from the use or misuse of the information contained herein are entirely the responsibility of the user.


Last edited by vidbid : 06-30-2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: clarity
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Thumbs up Twin Toroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
The twin toroids were driven by one of the $6.50 allelectronics 2000 volt 10ma NST's ( 12 volt ). The kapagen replication was done with a 6500volt 20ma NST normally driven by 120 volt. I put the inverter on it to see if it would function the same with a 12 volt input. Other than a few tweaks it did fine. I do have a conditioning cap in front of the NST primary coil which would filter out any HV spikes to the inverter. It was one of those 12.00 cheapie 70 watt units...
I like the above statement.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 PM
seth seth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 445
I tried my 12V ''kapagen'' without the kapagen coil.....I replaced it with the 450 turn coil of my tesla secondary....

I got very similar results with either coil concerning how many CFLs were still lighting....

YouTube - Teslasecondary12-6V.flv

in the video you'll see the CFLs lighting, even from my 6V, 2.8 AH battery...surely less than 6 W....perhaps 1 or 2???

I'm starting to agree with juju's conclusions - we can light the same amount of bulbs with or without the kapagen....but only experiment will prove him right or wrong.

Good luck and have fun!!!

PS - interesting stuff dragon - well done!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM
boguslaw's Avatar
boguslaw boguslaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,118
I need a source of very cheap NST 2-9kV (higher is better) and up designed for 220V (better) or 120V and it's a small one - like that one used by Don Smith.I searched here but it's very hard to buy any one even old for a good price. They are priced too high for me in case of NST similiar to Bertonee.
Why they are pricing it so high ?

Maybe it is possible to just contruct one for myself from scratch if someone is willing to post schematic from one commercial model ?

"$6.50 allelectronics 2000 volt 10ma NST's ( 12 volt )" - wow ! can you post a picture of that one ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM
TanTric's Avatar
TanTric TanTric is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 358
...

my friend! what a wonderfull video!!

and reallly good music!!

loved it... you rock!



Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
I tried my 12V ''kapagen'' without the kapagen coil.....I replaced it with the 450 turn coil of my tesla secondary....

I got very similar results with either coil concerning how many CFLs were still lighting....

YouTube - Teslasecondary12-6V.flv

in the video you'll see the CFLs lighting, even from my 6V, 2.8 AH battery...surely less than 6 W....perhaps 1 or 2???

I'm starting to agree with juju's conclusions - we can light the same amount of bulbs with or without the kapagen....but only experiment will prove him right or wrong.

Good luck and have fun!!!

PS - interesting stuff dragon - well done!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 PM
TanTric's Avatar
TanTric TanTric is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 358
=)

thank you very much luno!

do you know some oscilator circuit to work with this setup? i dont have a frequency generator...

just one more thing, why 2 volts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luno View Post
Hi,

66 KHz, 2 v
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
dragon's Avatar
dragon dragon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by boguslaw View Post
I need a source of very cheap NST 2-9kV (higher is better) and up designed for 220V (better) or 120V and it's a small one - like that one used by Don Smith.I searched here but it's very hard to buy any one even old for a good price. They are priced too high for me in case of NST similiar to Bertonee.
Why they are pricing it so high ?

Maybe it is possible to just contruct one for myself from scratch if someone is willing to post schematic from one commercial model ?

"$6.50 allelectronics 2000 volt 10ma NST's ( 12 volt )" - wow ! can you post a picture of that one ?
It appears allelectronics is out of them, the exact same unit can be seen here... High Voltage, High Frequency Power Supplies . It's the minimax3 unit that I use on some of my low power/HV experiments
________

Last edited by dragon : 01-19-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 AM
TanTric's Avatar
TanTric TanTric is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 358
hmm

thank you luno.. is not that schematic to drive a TV flyback transformer? it is not to put out very high voltage?

i found a circuit that oscillate in 40Khz, maybe this would work?

Schematics Depot (tm) - 555 Timer 40khz IR Oscillator

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
seth seth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by luno View Post
Hi everyone,

You are not right that there are no danger with 12 v . Even 9 v can kill a person. It depends on the places of your body which the potential. touches. Here is the picture of these places. The problem becomes more serious if you drink a little bit of alcohol.
How do i make something deadly with a twelve volt battery?? Probably a bit off topic, but if there is a way, might as well make myself a weapon before the global financial ponzi scheme collapses

I didnt think there was a way....though perhaps im mistaken???

Perhaps we should have a discaimer on every single thread here which states ''be careful, you might die tomorrow in a freak acident''....after all, it is true. We all lose people at young ages occasionally, and i am no exception.

Personally, I'm a little tired of disclaimers...yes, i know the response....its for your own good...

yada yada yada....

I'm an adult. If i die i know no-one is responsible except myself - im a big boy now!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Thumbs up In Support of Luno

Good Job, Luno!

for setting the record straight.

It is better to err on the side of caution when dealing with electricity. Reference shock. See microshock

YT Video: Power Company Lineman Electrocuted

Rest in Peace, Jake Booth.

He leaves behind a wife and a baby boy.

Last edited by vidbid : 07-01-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: edit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:52 PM
seth seth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Good Job, Luno!

for setting the record straight.

It is better to err on the side of caution when dealing with electricity. Reference shock. See microshock

YT Video: Power Company Lineman Electrocuted

Rest in Peace, Jake Booth.

He leaves behind a wife and a baby boy.
Using someone elses death to prove a point really shows a man of low character.

yeah, a MOT is deadly, and you're right to point it out to people. But come on...a 12V battery. You're worse than the news!

Fear is a disease. You wanna live a terrified existence, go right ahead. Be sure the rest of us are having a good time.

What about my 6V video? should i post a disclaimer?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation The Danger of Discounting Electric Shock Hazards

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Using someone elses death to prove a point really shows a man of low character.
Argumentum Ad Hominem Personal attacks on your opponent are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy.
I disagree with you. No one here is doing what you claim.

The point here is to show others who might read your post about this matter that the danger from electric shock is real and present.

That man lost his life from a macroshock, and he was a professional, used to dealing with electricity. If he were here and alive now, he would be telling you the same thing that I am telling you now.

When dealing with electricity, there is either danger from macroshock or microshock. The point is both forms of electric shock can kill you.

The fact is discounting the danger from electric shock as you have done and advocating others do the same is a very poor choice.

Last edited by vidbid : 07-01-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: edit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
dragon's Avatar
dragon dragon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Argumentum Ad Hominem Personal attacks on your opponent are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy.
I disagree with you. No one here is doing what you claim.

The point here is to show others who might read your post about this matter that the danger from electric shock is real and present.

That man lost his life from a macroshock, and he was a professional, used to dealing with electricity. If he were here and alive now, he would be telling you the same thing that I am telling you now.

When dealing with electricity, there is either danger from macroshock or microshock. The point is both forms of electric shock can kill you.

The fact is discounting the danger from electric shock as you have done and advocating others do the same is a very poor choice.
I would have to agree, any work with electric circuits needs a certain amount of common sense reguardless of voltage. Granted the lower voltage stuff is less likely to cause harm but used in the wrong way can be deadly. I don't remember exactly but I believe charging a cap to approximately 16 joules can kill you if discharged through your body. Higher voltage simply makes it more likely to find a path.

It's easy to get caught up in the moment of experimenting and sometimes we don't completely think things through. When using a MOT or other high power transformer you absolutely have to stop and think before making a move. You don't get a second chance with these. Lower power stuff you get a wake up call and in most circumstances you'll definately learn from this lesson (hopefully). The Kapagen as laid out using a MOT can and will kill you and all precautions should be taken. Shut it down and discharge the cap before making any changes and always use the one hand rule !

Have fun but play safe !
________

Last edited by dragon : 01-19-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation Electrical Safety Training



Awesome video by Don L. Steiner, president of DL Steiner, Inc.: See Electrical Safety Training Video

Electrical Dangers from
1. Electric Shock
2. Arc Flash
3. Arc Blast

Very sobering video.


Last edited by vidbid : 07-01-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: addition
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
seth seth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 445
More chance of being struck by lightning than dying using a 12V battery.

I find it rather ironic that i personally use a 12V battery out of concern for the safety of me and my family (and have tried to persuade others afraid of using a MOT to give a low power Kap a try), whilst everyone else uses a MOT...... and its ME who gets a lecture about safety every 2 mins....

Take things carefully if you want to, but heh, you wanna grab the output wires on a MOT and ignore reasonable advice, well i aint gonna stop you. Thats true freedom....freedom to act recklessly if one so desires.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 PM
TanTric's Avatar
TanTric TanTric is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 358
HI

anyone can help?

i reversed my step down transformer (I/P 220 50hz O/P 10V 1A) , and im feeding it with a variable wall adapter 3, 4.5, 6, 9, 12V ... the transformer is 10W, and it is consuming that, and maybe more at 12V it can reach 1.5/2Amps, depends on the load... but my output, that should be the same 10W is not solid... with a neon on the load it shows 110VAC, but with my 25 W (220VAC) Lamp, it only shows 45 V across it, lightning barely the filaments!

i putted a diode to half way rectify, and measured the current with an analogic amp meter, and it shows 30miliAmps, but the DC voltage, is still 45VDC, should not be only half if compared with FULL AC?

I should put 10VDC x 1A (10W), and get 220VAC at 45miliAmps (10W) onload! but fore shore im doing something wrong!

the circuit below shows a pull-push circuit activated with 50Hz signal from timer circuit, but i cannot even put the push pull combination to work, it only works if i use just the one transistor (NPN), in standard setup... (timer output to base/ emiter to negative/ colector to primary / primary to positive)

somebody can have an idea of what probably is wrong with it? please?

EDIT: if i try to measure the output without load... my DMM get nuts! maybe wrong frequencys, but i used all the values exactly as the diagram!




DC to AC Inverter by IC 555 and TIP41 TIP42
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 19th, 2008 at 12:03 am and is filed under 555, inverter.

This be basic AC inverter Circuit. Convenient for the initiator who have to is extremely fond of something experience. Because of use IC 555 highly popular, perform produce the frequency ,then enlarge with transistor NPN and PNP number TIP41 and TIP42 drive the coil transformer. Get by can pay Voltage output about 120V to 230V at frequency 50Hz . By have R4 perform control the frequency and should use. Voltage supply about 5V to 15V the detail sees in circuit picture sir.

Last edited by TanTric : 07-01-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 07:05 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation Danger from Electricity: A Very Tragic Story of a 15 Year-old Boy

Rescue 911 - Episode 320 - Dock Electrocution "A teenager is electrocuted while working on a boat lift. This segment was taken from Episode 320 which aired on March 17, 1992 on CBS." as quoted in the YouTube video description.

The young man did not die but could have if it were not for the first responders using a defibrillator multiple times.

-a good reason for those working with electricity to have an emergency defibrillator in close proximity to the first aid kit.

Notice in the video when his father unplugged the power cord to the motor, the young man received a jolt that stopped his heart. The situation was compounded by being in water up to his chest.

Inductive Spike

When I open the switch on this simulation, the voltage across it jumps to over 2,000 volts.

Test it for yourself. Let the current flow reach about 50 mA through the switch before opening it.

See Inductive Kickback Simulation Applet.


Last edited by vidbid : 07-02-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: addition
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation Warning and Disclaimer



DISCLAIMER: WHILE THE INPUT VOLTAGE IS ONLY 12V, THERE IS STILL DANGER FROM ELECTRIC SHOCK. WARNING! HIGH VOLTAGE. LETHAL DANGER FROM HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. INFORMATION PROVIDED ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THESE VOLTAGES AND CURRENTS CAN KILL YOU!

IF YOU ARE A NOVICE OR A JOKER STAY AWAY!


Quote:
Originally Posted by luno View Post
...danger with 12 v . Even 9 v can kill a person. It depends on the places of your body which the potential. touches. Here is the picture of these places. The problem becomes more serious if you drink a little bit of alcohol.
When dealing with electricity, there is either danger from macroshock or microshock. The point is both forms of electric shock can kill.

DISCLAIMER: The author(s), either jointly or individually, of this thread assumes no liability for any incidental, consequential or other liability from the use of this information. All risks and damages, incidental or otherwise arising from the use or misuse of the information contained herein are entirely the responsibility of the user.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
SkyWatcher's Avatar
SkyWatcher SkyWatcher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,663
LMAO, give it a rest already vidbid. Your talking as if were all infants and can't or shouldn't be allowed to determine our destiny. Would you prevent a child from touching a candle flame, with scare tactics from birth. This is one of this world's issues, fear of death and the only ones that benefit from the deaths are the control freaks who come in and legislate more unlawful statutory code to limit peoples freedoms.
peace love light
Tyson
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWatcher View Post
LMAO, give it a rest already vidbid. Your talking as if were all infants and can't or shouldn't be allowed to determine our destiny. Would you prevent a child from touching a candle flame, with scare tactics from birth. This is one of this world's issues, fear of death and the only ones that benefit from the deaths are the control freaks who come in and legislate more unlawful statutory code to limit peoples freedoms.
peace love lightTyson
DENIED. You only have one life.


Last edited by vidbid : 07-01-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: update
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Arrow HV Flyback Transformer Circuit

I think I found an HV flyback transformer circuit that would produce an decent micro-arc in a spark gap. It can run on 9 or 12 volts. I saw it on YT.

The fly-back is from a computer monitor, and the transistor is a MJE13009.





Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Arrow Flyback Driver Simulation

YT Video: ZVS Flyback Driver - Simulation -Pretty cool looking.




Last edited by vidbid : 07-02-2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: edit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2010, 06:48 AM
seth seth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
I think I found an HV flyback transformer circuit that would produce an decent micro-arc in a spark gap. It can run on 9 or 12 volts. I saw it on YT.

The fly-back is from a computer monitor, and the transistor is a MJE13009.





Well done for finding that!

Did you find it on this link which i have already posted in the main kapagen thread (before i was asked to leave by a somewhat unfriendly poster)...??

POST 67.

low wattage input - this is real simple to do if you (like me) consider playing with a deadly MOT too risky (hey...i have kids running round the place. if i was still young and sinlge, maybe id be throwing my hands on the output wire )

I used...12 V battery, connected to 25 kv power supply...then rest as is already published on naudins site.

Heres a great circuit for building a HV power supply off a 12V battery + flyback tranformer + transistor

Transistor Driven High Voltage Flyback Transformer Page.

and here is our old pal yucca demonstrating it

YouTube - Flyback Transformer Driver

You could use this circuit as your HV through the spark gap...then onto coil. I'd very very surprised if you couldnt light 20 CFLs of that sucker...big ones too...who knows...maybe a filament.

Who wants to have a go?

PS alternatively you could just wire up the electrodes from your open TV (rubber sucker and line round the edge of the screen) into the kapagen (lifter style!). But i wont be responsible for any of the consequences - you get yourselves stuck in a wormhole or something, and you're on your own.


I suggest anyone who wants to build a transistor driven flyback check this link as it has a list of transistors that work and dont work for this circuit.

Any more deaths to add to this dangerous 12V input thread?

Ive got an idea, why not spam the MOT kapagen replication thread with electrocutions.......would make more sense than spamming a thread where people are using a harmless input

Last edited by seth : 07-02-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2010, 06:50 AM
seth seth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWatcher View Post
LMAO, give it a rest already vidbid. Your talking as if were all infants and can't or shouldn't be allowed to determine our destiny. Would you prevent a child from touching a candle flame, with scare tactics from birth. This is one of this world's issues, fear of death and the only ones that benefit from the deaths are the control freaks who come in and legislate more unlawful statutory code to limit peoples freedoms.
peace love light
Tyson

Thanks Skywatcher. It puts people off the thread when every post is another electrocution.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
For The Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Well done for finding that!
His unsuccessful attempt at sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Did you find it on this link which i have already posted in the main kapagen thread POST 67.
DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

Post #67 was posted on 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM. However, I posted the information before he did. See Permalink for Post #454, on 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM in the main Kapanadze thread: See Permalink: my smith kanapadz replication

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
(before i was asked to leave by a somewhat unfriendly poster)...??
DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

FACT: I never asked him to leave. That is his assumption.

FACT: I was concerned.

FACT: I was not unfriendly, but I consider that he is certainly being unfriendly now by erroneously claiming that I was.

See Permalink: Kapagen Theories, Replications, Winding Diagrams, Circuits & Schematics. KAPAGEN ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
low wattage input - this is real simple to do if you (like me) consider playing with a deadly MOT too risky (hey...i have kids running round the place. if i was still young and sinlge, maybe id be throwing my hands on the output wire )
Notice that he uses the words "playing with." A MOT would certainly be deadly to anyone "playing with" it. "Playing with" could be considered risky because one is not using due caution. I advise caution and to stop "playing with" a MOT if one were so inclined to so. Logically, one so inclined to so would probably be one considering "throwing" one's "hands on the output wire."

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Any more deaths to add to this dangerous 12V input thread?
DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

His unsuccessful attempt at sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Ive got an idea, why not spam the MOT kapagen replication thread with electrocutions
DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

His unsuccessful attempt at sarcasm.

FACT: Warnings and disclaimers wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for novices and jokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
...would make more sense than spamming a thread where people are using a harmless input
DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

His unsuccessful attempt at sarcasm.

Last edited by vidbid : 07-02-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: edit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation For the Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Thanks Skywatcher. It puts people off the thread when every post is another electrocution.
DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

Now I want to address the following quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
More chance of being struck by lightning than dying using a 12V battery.

I find it rather ironic that i personally use a 12V battery out of concern for the safety of me and my family (and have tried to persuade others afraid of using a MOT to give a low power Kap a try), whilst everyone else uses a MOT...... and its ME who gets a lecture about safety every 2 mins....

Take things carefully if you want to, but heh, you wanna grab the output wires on a MOT and ignore reasonable advice, well i aint gonna stop you. Thats true freedom....freedom to act recklessly if one so desires.
There are several points that I would like to address:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Take things carefully if you want to
With respect to high voltage and/or high current electricity, you need to BE careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
you wanna grab the output wires on a MOT
DON'T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
and ignore reasonable advice
You should NOT ignore reasonable advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
i aint gonna stop you
STOP!

I advise reason and caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Thats true freedom....freedom to act recklessly if one so desires
Don't be reckless with high voltage and/or high current electricity.

While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. -Stephen R. Covey

My advice to you: Act intelligently.


Last edited by vidbid : 07-03-2010 at 05:37 AM. Reason: addition
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 950
Exclamation For the Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
why not spam
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
spamming a thread
Large size text is annoying.

Spamming is not recommended. Please discontinue spamming.



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Live Bookmark this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!Yahoo Bookmark this Post! share on MyspaceShare on FacebookTweet this thread
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8
2007 Copyright ? Energetic Forum? A Non Profit Corporation - All Rights Reserved