Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube 2020 ENERGY CONFERENCE - PRE-REGISTER NOW!!!!

2020 Energy Science & Technology Conference
PRE-REGISTER NOW!!!
http://energyscienceconference.com


Go Back   Energetic Forum > >
   

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 07-07-2019, 11:24 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post

If you can't see a barrier, does that mean that it isn't there?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Did you take the above picture yourself.

No, of course, you didn't.

The image is phony.

It's photoshopped.

You still can't have air pressure next to vacuum without a barrier separating the two.*

The atmosphere at around 110k Ft is over 5 billion times as dense as ultra high vacuum.

Gases have three characteristic properties: (1) they are easy to compress, (2) they expand to fill their containers**

To believe otherwise is to be deluded.



The Mysterious "Lost Cosmonaut" Recording



Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-08-2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: 3,947
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #182  
Old 07-08-2019, 12:46 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
Logical fallacy type(s): begging the question, and argumentum ad festivitatem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
Logical fallacy type(s): red herring, begging the question, and affirming the consequent

.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 07-08-2019, 04:19 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
See what happens when dealing with "people" who don't understand the scientific method..





Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
You still can't have air pressure next to vacuum without a barrier separating the two.*
"A Barrier Poof"






"Free Energy Devices"



Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-08-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: 4,004
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 07-08-2019, 04:42 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
False analogy.

Posting an image proves nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
A rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. It takes the form of a multicoloured circular arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 07-08-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 07-08-2019, 05:46 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation Vitam Impendere Vero



30 ancient Roman Latin phrases and sayings you should know

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 07-08-2019, 06:07 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation The Difference between Reason and Rationality



Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tvQna1ZhzU

Examples of logical fallacies in action:



Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TIpz2lClg
and



Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AMjtsY9i_M
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 07-09-2019, 01:42 AM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.

On the Earth of the New Testament,
An Atmospheric Pressure Next To Vacuum Without A Barrier Separating The Two Does Exists because,
vacuum doesn't suck and the atmosphere interacts with the "Ball" due to aether.


Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-09-2019 at 01:43 AM. Reason: 4,050
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 07-10-2019, 06:20 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.
Ipse Dixit Fallacy

Ipse dixit is an assertion without proof; or a dogmatic expression of opinion. The fallacy of defending a proposition by baldly asserting that it is "just how it is" distorts the argument by opting out of it entirely: the claimant declares an issue to be intrinsic, and not changeable. (Wikipedia)

You just can't make up sh*t as you go, man!

Not only that, you're misusing the variables in the scientific method.

The scientific method uses an experiment.

The purpose of an experiment is to determine whether observations of the real world agree with or conflict with the predictions derived from a hypothesis. If they agree, confidence in the hypothesis increases; otherwise, it decreases. (Google)

It's not for evaluating scriptural references.

If you're going to make an argument on the basis of scriptural citations, then cite the appropriate chapter and verse, and then show the scriptures to support your claim.

For example:

Genesis 1:7 (KJV): And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Genesis 1:8 (KJV): And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Job 38:8 (KJV): Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

Psalm 19:1 (KJV): To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalm 148:4 (KJV): Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

Revelation 7:1 (KJV): And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Ephesians 1:17-23 (KJV): That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 07-10-2019 at 06:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 07-10-2019, 03:08 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.

On the Earth of the New Testament,
An Atmospheric Pressure Next To Vacuum Without A Barrier Separating The Two Does Exists because,
vacuum doesn't suck and the atmosphere interacts with the "Ball" due to aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
You just can't make up sh*t as you go, man!


VIDBID:

Are bellows, shown above, of a barograph measuring a "Dead-Weight Load"?

Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above bellows filled with a fluid?


Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-10-2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: 4,142
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 07-10-2019, 06:43 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
...filled with a fluid?
A fluid can be a liquid or a gas.

Definition (according to Google) : substance that has no fixed shape and yields easily to external pressure; a gas or (especially) a liquid.

I prefer not to use the term fluid to refer to a gas because it is generally thought by most people that a fluid is a liquid, and I'm not wishing to cause confusion.

Gas can flow like a fluid. Consider liquid nitrogen. It's either a liquid or a gas, as determined by temperature and pressure. The main point about a fluid is that it easily flows. You could say that a fluid is fluid.

__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 07-10-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added image
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 07-10-2019, 07:00 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Water Pressure Depends Only on Depth, Not Container Shape



Water Pressure Depends Only on Depth, Not Container Shape - YouTube

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02fqJOJFpEY
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:08 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
In most circumstances atmospheric pressure is closely approximated by
the hydrostatic pressure caused by the weight of air above the measurement point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure#Fluid_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydros...fluids_at_rest


IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.

On the Earth of the New Testament,
An Atmospheric Pressure Next To Vacuum Without A Barrier Separating The Two Does Exists because,
vacuum doesn't suck and the atmosphere interacts with the "Ball" due to aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
You just can't make up sh*t as you go, man!


VIDBID:

Are bellows, shown above, of a barograph measuring a "Dead-Weight Load"?

Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above bellows filled with a fluid?


Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-11-2019 at 02:09 PM. Reason: 4,209
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
Are bellows shown above of a measuring a dead weight load?
Do bellows measure things?

No!

Bellows perform a function. The function of the bellows is either to expand or contract according to relative barometric pressure.

Look inside a barograph. What do you see?



The bellows are a component within a barograph. The barograph records barometric pressure over the time of a week on a roll of paper with lines and numbers and days of the week written on it.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC5ptqVmKX4

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC5ptqVmKX4
In the video, a cross section of a cell is shown.

Do you see any liquid in it?

There is no liquid in the cell.

.

Cheers

.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg insides.barograph.jpg (298.7 KB, 46 views)
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 07-13-2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Added Video
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 07-12-2019, 05:43 AM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
In most circumstances atmospheric pressure is closely approximated by
the hydrostatic pressure caused by the weight of air above the measurement point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure#Fluid_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydros...fluids_at_rest


IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.

On the Earth of the New Testament,
An Atmospheric Pressure Next To Vacuum Without A Barrier Separating The Two Does Exists because,
vacuum doesn't suck and the atmosphere interacts with the "Ball" due to aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
You just can't make up sh*t as you go, man!


Note that sealed aneroid [from Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-) + νηρός (nērós, “wet, damp”)] bellows
contain a compressible fluid calibrated to react an “incompressible” fluid column of 29.92 in Hg or about 10 m H2O @ Standard Temperature and Pressure.



VIDBID:

Is vertical deflection of bellows, shown above, of a barograph "measuring" a "Dead-Weight Load"?

Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above sealed bellows filled with a fluid?


Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-12-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: 4,243
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 07-13-2019, 04:31 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
Is vertical deflection of bellows "measuring" a "Dead-Weight Load"?
What is your definition of the term, "dead-weight load"?

Give me a citation for it, and demonstrate it in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above sealed bellows filled with a fluid?
As I already said, fluid can mean gas or liquid, so I don't use the term because of ambiguity.

What's the point of your question?

Are you saying that the ambient barometric pressure is the load?

Doesn't the term load imply some sort of work being performed?

No work is being done, unless you say that a measuring device is performing work of some kind. Maybe the measurement is the work?

eh?

Isn't the cell just seeking equilibrium with external barometric pressure by either increasing or decreasing its volume relative to pressure?

Simply state your claim.

.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 07-13-2019, 06:26 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation Equivocation Fallacy



CRITICAL THINKING - Fallacies: Equivocation [HD] - YouTube

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmIqWT7qMj4
Equivocation Fallacy

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 07-13-2019, 06:51 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
"Dead-Weight Load" - The dead load includes loads that are relatively constant over time, including the weight of ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_load

"Compressible fluid", e.g. flatulence.
"Incompressible fluid", e.g. mercury with standard moisture content at STP

In most circumstances atmospheric pressure is closely approximated by
the hydrostatic pressure caused by the weight of air above the measurement point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure#Fluid_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydros...fluids_at_rest


IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.

On the Earth of the New Testament,
An Atmospheric Pressure Next To Vacuum Without A Barrier Separating The Two Does Exists because,
vacuum doesn't suck and the atmosphere interacts with the "Ball" due to aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
You just can't make up sh*t as you go, man!


NOTE that sealed aneroid [from Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-) + νηρός (nērós, “wet, damp”)] bellows
contain a compressible fluid calibrated to react an "incompressible" fluid column of 29.92 in Hg or about 10 m H2O @ Standard Temperature and Pressure.



VIDBID:

Is vertical deflection of bellows, shown above, of a barograph "measuring" a "Dead-Weight Load"?

Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above sealed bellows filled with a fluid?




Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-13-2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: 4,329
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:43 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
Dead-Weight Load - The dead load includes loads that are relatively constant over time, including the weight of
That looks like an equivocation fallacy. Your using a term in one field which may or may not be used in another field, and which may or may not have the same meaning. In fact, it may have a different meaning if used in another field.

The term "dead-weigh load" is used in structural engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The dead load includes loads that are relatively constant over time, including the weight of the structure itself, and immovable fixtures such as walls, plasterboard or carpet. The roof is also a dead load. Dead loads are also known as permanent or static loads. Building materials are not dead loads until constructed in permanent position.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_load
Barometers and Barographs are the purview of meteorology. Those devices measure barometric pressure. Is there any evidence for using the term "dead-weight load" in the field of meteorology?

If you have such evidence, please provide a citation for it, and please demonstrate it in action.

Otherwise, if you are unable to do so, it would appear that you are attempting to commit an equivocation fallacy in your argument.

Quote:
The fallacy of equivocation occurs when a key term or phrase in an argument is used in an ambiguous way, with one meaning in one portion of the argument and then another meaning in another portion of the argument. Examples: I have the right to watch "The Real World."

Source: https://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/r...ivocation.html
.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 07-14-2019, 02:35 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation Dead-Weight Load Equivocation Fallacy

Stop trying to conflate your flatulences by indiscriminately hodgepodging structural engineering terms for mechanisms, devices, concepts or ideas with meteorological terms for mechanisms, devices, concepts or ideas.

Stop trying to create an equivocation fallacy.

Dead loads are also known as permanent or static loads.1 The barometric pressure is not static. It varies. In fact, it varies all of the time.

Hence, that is why we need a barometer.

If barometric pressure was static, you wouldn't need a barometer or a barograph, would you?

No.

Of course, not.

.

Cheers

.

1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The dead load includes loads that are relatively constant over time, including the weight of the structure itself, and immovable fixtures such as walls, plasterboard or carpet. The roof is also a dead load. Dead loads are also known as permanent or static loads. Building materials are not dead loads until constructed in permanent position.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_load
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 07-14-2019 at 05:50 AM. Reason: 3ZD5td5savlTYcQanPWs
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:54 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Question Necessary Antecedent

Is there any evidence of gas pressure existing without the necessary antecedent of a container for the gas to press on?

.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 07-14-2019, 03:14 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Is there any evidence of gas pressure existing without the necessary antecedent of a container for the gas to press on?
Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3] and quibble marks) are quotation marks that a writer places around a word or
phrase to signal that they are using it in a non-standard, ironic, or otherwise special sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

"Dead-Weight Load" - The dead load includes loads that are relatively constant over time, including the weight of ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structural_load

"Compressible fluid", e.g. flatulence.
"Incompressible fluid", e.g. mercury with standard moisture content at STP

In most circumstances atmospheric pressure is closely approximated by
the hydrostatic pressure caused by the weight of air above the measurement point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure#Fluid_pressure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydros...fluids_at_rest


IV = the New Testament implies the Earth is round.
DV = Quran states that Earth is flat.
CV = Bible states that Earth is flat and under a dome.

On the Earth of the New Testament,
An Atmospheric Pressure Next To Vacuum Without A Barrier Separating The Two Does Exists because,
vacuum doesn't suck and the atmosphere interacts with the "Ball" due to aether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
You just can't make up sh*t as you go, man!


NOTE that sealed aneroid [from Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-) + νηρός (nērós, “wet, damp”)] bellows
contain a compressible fluid calibrated to react an "incompressible" fluid column of 29.92 in Hg or about 10 m H2O @ Standard Temperature and Pressure.



VIDBID:

1. Is vertical deflection of bellows, shown above, of a barograph "measuring" a "Dead-Weight Load"?

2. Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above sealed bellows filled with a fluid?


3. The 14.7 lbs is a "dead weight" at sea level of: MERCURY in a 1x1-inch 29.92-inch long vertical tube and AIR in a 1x1 inch 30-mile long vertical tube.
What is the internal "uniformly distributed load" acting on the six walls of this 30-mile long 1x1-inch tube if placed horizontally, while both its ends were capped in vertical position trapping 14.7 lbs of air?




Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-14-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: 4,399
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 07-14-2019, 04:32 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation Scientific Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Is there any evidence of gas pressure existing without the necessary antecedent of a container for the gas to press on?
Is there any evidence of gas pressure existing without the necessary antecedent of a container for the gas to press on?

So, far no one has presented any evidence of gas pressure existing without the necessary antecedent of a container for the gas to press on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Scientific evidence is evidence which serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and interpretation in accordance with scientific method. Standards for scientific evidence vary according to the field of inquiry, but the strength of scientific evidence is generally based on the results of statistical analysis and the strength of scientific controls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evidence
Your belief, without the scientific method, is not evidence.

It's just an unsubstantiated claim.

.

Cheers

.

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Mr_Pither Mr_Pither is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
This WAS a good thread....

....until Vidbid douched it up.

Where's the ignore feature?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:05 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation Clarification Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
1. Is vertical deflection of bellows, shown above, of a "measuring" a "Dead-Weight Load"?
Before I can answer your question, please remove the equivocation fallacy intrinsically built-in to your question. Also, please re-phrase the question without the use or misuse of scare quotes, shudder quotes, sneer quotes, or quibble marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
2. Is a "Dead-Weight Load" exerting a "uniformly distributed load" on the walls of the above sealed bellows filled with a fluid?
Again, before I can answer your question, please remove the equivocation fallacy intrinsically built-in to your question. Also, please re-phrase the question without the use or misuse of scare quotes, shudder quotes, sneer quotes, or quibble marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas State University
The fallacy of equivocation occurs when a key term or phrase in an argument is used in an ambiguous way, with one meaning in one portion of the argument and then another meaning in another portion of the argument. Examples: I have the right to watch "The Real World." https://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/r...ivocation.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3] and quibble marks) are quotation marks that a writer places around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in a non-standard, ironic, or otherwise special sense.[4] Scare quotes may indicate that the author is using someone else's term, similar to preceding a phrase with the expression "so-called";[5] they may imply skepticism or disagreement, belief that the words are misused, or that the writer intends a meaning opposite to the words enclosed in quotes.[6] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
3. The 14.7 lbs is a "dead weight" at sea level of: MERCURY in a 1x1-inch 29.92-inch long vertical tube and AIR in a 1x1 inch 30-mile long vertical tube. What is the internal "uniformly distributed load" acting on the six walls of this 30-mile long 1x1-inch tube if placed horizontally, while both its ends were capped in vertical position trapping 14.7 lbs of air?
Do you have a particular 30-mile tall, vertical standing pipe in mind?

What is the name of it, and where is it located?

Unless you are referencing an actual and existing vertical structure that is also hinged to rotate to a horizontal position, then I believe you are committing a reification fallacy in your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Reification (also known as concretism, hypostatization, or the fallacy of misplaced concreteness) is a fallacy of ambiguity, when an abstraction (abstract belief or hypothetical construct) is treated as if it were a concrete real event or physical entity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reification_(fallacy)
.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:47 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pither View Post
This WAS a good thread.. ..until Vidbid douched it up.
Actually, you just douched it up when you posted your douche comment.

Facepalm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pither View Post
Where's the ignore feature?


Yeah, that works.

.

Bye!

.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jpg.head.in.sand.jpg (36.9 KB, 46 views)
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 07-15-2019, 04:31 AM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
So, far no one has presented any evidence of gas pressure existing without the necessary antecedent of a container for the gas to press on.

"thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace"



Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-15-2019 at 04:32 AM. Reason: 4,467
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 07-15-2019, 05:07 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace
Likewise.

.

Cheers

.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 07-18-2019, 03:01 PM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljhoa View Post
"thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace"
Al
Notice that I have quoted the words of
the "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last"
and VIDBID has removed the quotation marks,
so what is he wishing for?

Answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Likewise.
Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-18-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: 4,636
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 07-19-2019, 12:42 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,890
Exclamation

Quote:
“ ”
You can have these.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 07-19-2019, 06:04 AM
aljhoa aljhoa is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,240
"On Bull**** is a 1986 essay, reprinted as a 2005 book, by philosopher Harry G. Frankfurt
which presents a theory of bull**** that defines the concept and analyzes the applications of bull**** in the context of communication.
Frankfurt determines that bull**** is speech intended to persuade without regard for truth.
The liar cares about the truth and attempts to hide it;
the bull****ter doesn't care if what they say is true or false,
but rather only cares whether their listener is persuaded.
"


"Alberto Brandolini, an Italian programmer, the bull**** asymmetry principle (also known as Brandolini's law[14][15]) states that:
The amount of energy needed to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."


Al
__________________
 

Last edited by aljhoa; 07-19-2019 at 06:05 AM. Reason: 4,675
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
image, patent, time, volfson, boris, balloon, helium, nature, volt, journal, important, undoubtedly, wire, coils, 6, 960, 975, batteries, control, series, space, show, gravity, counteracts, videos, craft, wrapping

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

Choose your voluntary subscription

For one-time donations, please use the below button.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers