Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube ONLY 13% OF SEATS AVAILABLE!!!*** 2017 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***


* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


Go Back   Energetic Forum > >
   

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:13 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
Barbosa and Leal Devices - Info and Replication Details

This thread is created for the discussion of Barbosa and Leal replications.

Clarence has recently made such a replication which he is currently testing, and Clarence wants to post details of his replication to this forum which other people can use if they want to try a replication.

I am including Clarence's first post on his Barbosa and Leal based device to this post, along with the photos of his setup which Clarence included in his post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarence wrote:
B&L device - my build - their specs - self runner

Hello @ ALL,

got tired of all the back and forth almost a year ago I believe so I guit posting.
then shortly thereafter I heard of the brazillian B&L device and got ahold of their patent info and decided to build it for my own use. I saw there was a thread on OU.com so I joined there to see what was happening. to make a long story short I knew how to build their unit AND DID! no one else could or did! much to my annoyance the members repeatedly kept stomping on my face and NOT believing any thing I had done or showed photos of. same old forum back and fort BS. my name is just a DIRTY WORD to the majority of the members so I just took my success and left and quit posting.

attached is some photos of my unit that works. hope you like it.
if not just another OH WELL to me. you can go and do the same as me. all my posts and photos are still there if you go back thru the pages!
Cheers!
Clarence

-----------------------------------------------------------
See attached photos of Clarence's test setup:
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #2  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:23 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
More Details From Clarence On His Barbosa and Leal Setup

This is another post from Clarence with more details on his Barbosa and Leal build:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks RAMSET! I have attached the HOW, WHY, AND METHOD information I spoke of. please remind the members that there in no need for experimentation with this unit. if they will just look at the latest photo I have attached and do just like what they see it will work without a hitch. I use what you see everyday at different intervals to power my fridge or microwave or kitchen appliances or shop vac, etc.,etc.,etc. when i am thru and leave the house I turn it off to limit the usage on the components. they have 2 year warranty but I intend to be using then a long time. today I was using it for a little over 4 hours and all the time the charger kept the battery at a constant 13.0 volts. the charger as you can see IS powered by the output of the Captor . what does that tell you. I also attached the 00 post which gives A mega amount of vital information.

I would like for all members to know that this device will simply NOT work with out the needed ground rod set up. It just wont!
another thing to keep in mind is that this unit is not cheap to build. I would estimate that about 2000.00 went into mine possibly more.
also the location that the member is in will determine how well the unit performs and how many ground rods he will need. that's also a lot of physical work to be done.

------------------------------------------------------------
Clarence's attachments for this post are attached:
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:37 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
Some Barbosa and Leal Patents - translated into English

Here is a website that has some of the relevant Barbosa and Leal patents translated into English:
Rex Research: Nilson BARBOSA / Cleriston LEAL - Earth Energy Generator - Patents
Nilson BARBOSA, et al. -- Earth Energy Generator -- 4 patents
__________________
level
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:47 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
A earlier post from Clarence on an earlier ground rod arrangment

This is a post from Clarence from ou.com on March 11, 2015, on a ground rod arrangement he was working on at the time. I think Clarence has expanded on his ground rod layout since then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Energy from the Ground - Self powered generator by Barbosa and Leal
Reply #1038 on: March 11, 2015, 02:11:47 PM

Clarence:

my new inverter and smart charger should be in by this weekend and then I can get busy again.
am still putting in a few more ground rods. have rec'd some more info about the rod spacing which
goes back to the PESN evaluation way back in the thread pages. bluntly, B&L themselves were using
just 1 meter ( 3 feet USA ) spacing between their ground rods. so I have attached a updated rod layout
that you can consider. it takes up WAY LESS footprint space than previously thought! and uses less
connecting wire also.

Hang in there.
Cheers.
Clarence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:52 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
Earlier hand drawn schematic from Clarence

Here is an earlier hand drawn schematic from Clarence from March 19, 2015:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Energy from the Ground - Self powered generator by Barbosa and Leal
Reply #1043 on: March 19, 2015, 05:29:32 AM

Clarence:

I attached the new block schematic of my improved unit.
It will remain in this form for a long time As it is very simple! It has way less components and is therefore more cost effective!
It also Has produced a unit that IS SELF POWERING!!!!!!

at present I have found out today that my present 20 rod return grid is not cutting it! I have 10 more rods coming in tomorrow and
I will be installing these soon to bring my rod total to 30. after that I will test and post some info about both the components ID and
where to get them, etc.

I will get into the self powering aspect later also. for now just KNOW THAT IT IS VALID!

thanks and cheers!

Clarence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:57 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
List of main componenets in Clarence's build

Here is a list that was posted to ou.com of some of the main components that are in Clarence's Barbosa and Leal build:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==========
Toroids:
==========
Bridgeport Magnetics
Website:
Tortran - In Stock Standard Design Toroidal Isolation Transformers - Bridgeport Magnetics Group
Contact:
Michael Kharaz
E-mail: sales@bridgeportmagnetics.com
Tortran Division- Contact us - Bridgeport Magnetics Group
Custom ordered toroid (2 required):
TD300-1120-P, 300VA, 60Hz, Primary 120V, 160 degrees winding on toroid surface, no secondary winding - $125 USD each
==========================

==========================
Smart Battery Charger:
==========================
Xantrex TrueCharge2 Battery Charger - 20Amp model
Website:
Truecharge Battery Charger | Truecharge2 20A, 40A, 60A | Xantrex
Xantrex Dealers list:
Where to Buy - N. America

Available from Amazon.com:
Amazon.com: Xantrex 804-1220-02 TRUECharge2 12V 20A Parallel Stackable Battery Charger: GPS & Navigation
Looks like the price is around $260 to $300 USD - depending where you order from.

Minimum recommended battery bank size for use with the 20Amp Charger model: 40 Ah
==========================

===========================
12V Pure Sinewave Power Inverter
===========================
AIMS POWER 3000 Watt 12VDC Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter - Model: PWRIG300012120S
Website:
http://www.aimscorp.net/3000-Watt-Pu...-Inverter.html

Available from:

InvertersRUs - $699 USD
http://www.invertersrus.com/aims-pwrig300012120s.html

Amazon - $799 USD
http://www.amazon.com/AIMS-Power-PWR...+wave+inverter
==========================

------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
level
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2015, 04:00 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
Schematic drawing of Clarence's build from March 29, 2015

Here is a computer drawn schematic of Clarence's build setup from March 29, 2015, from ou.com:
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2015, 04:29 AM
Wistiti Wistiti is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 419
Hi folks!
Level thank you for starting this tread!
Here is a link where people in the usa can find a geomanetic map:
Blog Entry | Geometrics.com

For the other country just google geomagnetic map with the name of your country and you may be able to have something similar to this one...
Happy experimenting!
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2015, 04:47 AM
jimboot jimboot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 211
Yep thanks Level.
Here is the map for AUstralia
http://www.ga.gov.au/corporate_data/70282/70282_A3.pdf
__________________
Stew Art Media
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2015, 06:13 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello BroMikey,

No the microwave transformers wont work. they designed the patent worfing to purposely throw people off so they would fail if they tried to replicate their device. sad to say it works almost every time as in your case. the actual device they used in their devises involved toroids. I have attached a photo of one of what they actually used.

hurry up and throw togethers are doomed to failure from the start. the problem is that this most often leads to discouragement of other members.
if you will slow down and read the information i posted here and just look at and observe the last updated photo I posted here and follow the circuits as they clearly show themselves and use torroids with their windings in the correct direction -- you will have success. this unit is NOT an experiment in ANY fashion it is a finished productive unit that works as is. the use of the ground rods is a necessary item or the unit will NOT work.

the ground rods can be a pain in the butt and are expensive however without them the unit will NOT work. its just that simple. I would hope that you follow the information I gave out and treat your self to an enjoyable success.
i also have attached a photo of the toroids I used.


thanks,

Clarence

Thank you so much Clarence for your generosity. I receive this kindness as a gift from above and will follow your direction to the letter Sir.

Also thanks Level for the new thread and I look forward to all of the more advanced builders input as they show off their projects around the world. We won't back up, the free energy is here.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2015, 09:52 AM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
Thank you so much Clarence for your generosity. I receive this kindness as a gift from above and will follow your direction to the letter Sir.

Also thanks Level for the new thread and I look forward to all of the more advanced builders input as they show off their projects around the world. We won't back up, the free energy is here.
Hello BroMikey,

SPOT ON sir!
the best part is that you will value your self most of all.

thanks again and cheers sir.

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Forthebest Forthebest is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
Hi Clarence ,
glad to see you back as I and so many others need your results to be known . Always a pleasure to read your infos right to the point so people can apply directly but not being discouraged in the process . A real gift Sir and I do appreciate .

As Wistiti I am from the frozen North but will gradualy grab what's needed and
give it a try in the next few months .

Best regards
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2015, 01:26 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello BroMikey,

SPOT ON sir!
the best part is that you will value your self most of all.

thanks again and cheers sir.

Clarence
Hello @ all ,

I see that the photo of the toriods I used didn't make it over so I am attaching them again.
These are the ones in the transferred information LEVEL so graciously transferred from OU.
It shows the parts info from Bridgeport Magnetics to order by.im not promoting that company per say its just showing the specifics of the toroid I used and it will get the job done nicely. you don't have to tear off the secondary windings of other brands that you would get. the secondary windings of other types has to be removed or it will defeat what you are trying to do.

thanks again.

Clarence
__________________
 

Last edited by clarence; 03-26-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2015, 02:11 PM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
Thanks Clarence and Level
for the clarity of info you have given......

I remember in one of the substations earthing a gi plate with lots of salt was buried 1 meter deep due to hard rock in the pit.... also how about using the power companys earthing rod installed in my house Can I add them as well...Another earthing point is the water pipe or the earthing stake from a telephone pole .... especially in a concrete jungle lol

Been experimenting with Neutral and ground using amplifier diode circuits
2 years ago which briefly put in the back burner as I concentrated on Electrical medicine .........

without the battery and inverter and just plain house power supply.... can you share with us your results also.....as Level has said of the cost of replicating
One can have a choice on being independent from the grid and one hook up with energy saving as well just like hybrid off / grid tie inverter.......

hope to see the other possibilities thanks will start checking on the parts

hope others can test on my suggestions on earthing options
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2015, 02:38 PM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
can you share with us your results also.....
Hello Clarence. Thank you for all the info on your build setup. I see that you mentioned you have run your build for about 4 hours, and I guess you mean with the battery and inverter and battery charger in a loop, as shown in your schematic drawing? I think you said your build was around $2000 or so, so it would be helpful if you can provide some more details here about how your build is performing.

What is the longest you have run your build in self looping mode with the battery, and what specifically did you have connected as a load for those tests while it was self running, and what was the battery voltage at the end of the run before you switched everything off? As you no doubt know, you have to measure the battery voltage while everything is still running and the battery is still under load at the end of the test, before you switch anything off, because the battery voltage can start to climb back up once it is no longer under a load. I am sure I am probably not the only one who would like to hear some more details about how long you have run your build in self looping mode, and what kind of battery voltage is maintained throughout the test runs while the battery is under load. You must have no doubt run your build in self looping mode with the battery for much longer periods than just four hours to confirm that it can self run for a long length of time without the battery voltage starting to drop?
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-12-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
a.king21 a.king21 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 226
Thanks Clarence.

Thank you Clarence for surfacing publicly again.

It would be good science if you could post some of your run times and start and finish battery voltages.

I am in a position to replicate as are others because we have the land space.
Did you do any prior experiments to validate Barbosa Leal or did you just go for it?

I know that Lasersaber has noticed your replication and I am sure he is duplicating.
__________________
 

Last edited by a.king21; 04-12-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:11 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
Thanks Clarence and Level
for the clarity of info you have given......

I remember in one of the substations earthing a gi plate with lots of salt was buried 1 meter deep due to hard rock in the pit.... also how about using the power companys earthing rod installed in my house Can I add them as well...Another earthing point is the water pipe or the earthing stake from a telephone pole .... especially in a concrete jungle lol

Been experimenting with Neutral and ground using amplifier diode circuits
2 years ago which briefly put in the back burner as I concentrated on Electrical medicine .........

without the battery and inverter and just plain house power supply.... can you share with us your results also.....as Level has said of the cost of replicating
One can have a choice on being independent from the grid and one hook up with energy saving as well just like hybrid off / grid tie inverter.......

hope to see the other possibilities thanks will start checking on the parts

hope others can test on my suggestions on earthing options
Hello totoalas,

you know since I don't live in the concrete jungle as you say, a city dwelling proposition hadn't really crossed my mind and I would think that B&L didn't think about either.

its not just "a ground" that is needed for this kind of unit to work properly,
it needs to be one entirely independent from any form of utility mains possible linkage or all you will be doing is using their grounding to feed the captor neutral and be by passing any of their meters to do so. I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

If you can find any totally isolated ground source that has sufficient square surface area of conductivity to provide enough earth potential to the Captor
ground return looped about the #4AWG wire ---that would work (a lot of
words - but needed to keep the point clear).

the square area would have to be large enough and provide enough potential
to keep the Captor output rms voltage value steady and matching the inverter rms voltage output at the same time. that in a nut shell is what you are trying to achieve. accomplish THAT and you are on the inside looking OUT!

I do hope I am getting the information across so as to be clear to members.
If I am not succeeding just let me know and I will go at it again.

always remember the name of this unit is "energy from the ground"

thanks,

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:25 PM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
Hi Clarence
thanks for the swift reply
as im out on work in Macau China, I cannot test your set up
thats why I suggested but I will accomplish that when I come back to Philippines where I have a farm to plant those rods lol

as for captor less battery and charger / inverter with BL first design hope you can test also for starters like me
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:51 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 508
utility mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello totoalas,

you know since I don't live in the concrete jungle as you say, a city dwelling proposition hadn't really crossed my mind and I would think that B&L didn't think about either.

its not just "a ground" that is needed for this kind of unit to work properly,
it needs to be one entirely independent from any form of utility mains possible linkage or all you will be doing is using their grounding to feed the captor neutral and be by passing any of their meters to do so. I'm pretty sure that is illegal.

If you can find any totally isolated ground source that has sufficient square surface area of conductivity to provide enough earth potential to the Captor
ground return looped about the #4AWG wire ---that would work (a lot of
words - but needed to keep the point clear).

the square area would have to be large enough and provide enough potential
to keep the Captor output rms voltage value steady and matching the inverter rms voltage output at the same time. that in a nut shell is what you are trying to achieve. accomplish THAT and you are on the inside looking OUT!

I do hope I am getting the information across so as to be clear to members.
If I am not succeeding just let me know and I will go at it again.

always remember the name of this unit is "energy from the ground"

thanks,

Clarence
Thanks Clarence,
Thank you for sharing here.

I'm glad to see this presented here for all to replicate. We live out in the country and I've been trying small tests with earth power and see a lot of return. I already have a small solar setup with inverter powered with bank of batteries in my shop. Want to add this system to it and run my small shop.

Did you try different ways to send and receive the power? Copper pipes, steel rods, copper cables, aluminum cables. Sorry my inquisitive mind experiments all possibilities. Even some I shouldn't.

Thanks for the help,
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:04 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
Hi Clarence
thanks for the swift reply
as im out on work in Macau China, I cannot test your set up
thats why I suggested but I will accomplish that when I come back to Philippines where I have a farm to plant those rods lol

as for captor less battery and charger / inverter with BL first design hope you can test also for starters like me
Hello totoalas,

yes B&L in their 2013 demonstration did power their toroid Captor with mains power which only consumed 0.10 amps by the toroids. and that was their point at that time. however the major power that lit their 6 ea 1000 watt lights come from the ground source that he was showing when he lifted and pulled on the green wire to get the audience attention! the phase of the mains he was using also was powering a small amout and that was reflected back thru the meter to the power company so that he was't cheating the power company. they have a SWER type utility system over there.
Single Wire Electrical Rurality.

this unit with the battery and inverter is its OWN SWER system. ground input by inverter neutral and then ground return as neutral with inverter phase. the powered return neutral receiving most of its power from the earth. you can test like that when you get back. since the actual mains power you would be using is reflected back through the meter to the utility company and you would be paying for what you use is legal but I would NOT
do it often. just imagine if you were a utility co and you found that somebody was using you for a Guinea pig and and then just flipping you a few quarters.I don't think they would be happy.

I think that's why the Brazilian power company created difficulties for Barbosa and Leal when they investigated and saw how their system could limit some of their Company revenues. I would be pissed.

that's why I love my unit. It's just me in my unpolluted world doing what I like with out disturbing any others as long as I'm here.


Thanks for listening.

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:07 PM
BobBrown BobBrown is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 105
In place of ground , grounding, would it be possible to put the ground lines into a lake or ocean, depending on what is more handy ?
Or even using tall areal grounding, as in some of the atmosphiric power projects ?
(tall poles high in the air, strung with many wires )

Andrew
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:12 PM
ZeroMassInertia ZeroMassInertia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burgettstown Pa.
Posts: 54
Damaged Toroid

Thank you Clarence for sharing information on your build.
In the Donald Smith Device thread your post 227 you posted a thumbnail picture of a damaged Toroid did that picture come from a Barbosa Leal device?
Can you explain the Thumbnail?
__________________
 

Last edited by ZeroMassInertia; 04-12-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: wrong post #
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:23 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Thanks Clarence,
Thank you for sharing here.

I'm glad to see this presented here for all to replicate. We live out in the country and I've been trying small tests with earth power and see a lot of return. I already have a small solar setup with inverter powered with bank of batteries in my shop. Want to add this system to it and run my small shop.

Did you try different ways to send and receive the power? Copper pipes, steel rods, copper cables, aluminum cables. Sorry my inquisitive mind experiments all possibilities. Even some I shouldn't.

Thanks for the help,
wantomake
Hello wantomake,

1. copper gives the best conductivity and degenerates the least.

2. what you need is to obtain the MOST square area surface contact with dirt . earth that you can get!

3. the area of contact with earth determines how much potential you ca
collect.

4. enough potential to make the Captor output voltage rms voltage match the inverter output rms voltage is what you need to achieve.

5. after you match the inverter rms voltage you will need MORE added ground source potential to start carrying loads.

meet all of those things and your home!

simple as that.

my pleasure Sir. thanks

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:23 PM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 352
Don't use the mains electrical power to power this setup!

@All, for those familiar with how houses are wired from the power lines, you will know well that you can't power a setup like this from the house mains power, with the phase wire going to one wire on the load and the other wire on the load going to ground. Check Clarence's schematic drawing to see what I am referring to. That will be what is called a ground loop. A ground loop current path will bypass a wattmeter and cause it to read wrong, and can even fool a house mains power meter as well. When you have a ground loop like that, the power is still coming from the mains, even if it doesn't show up on a watt meter at the input of the circuit or on the house mains power meter. Doing such a thing may also bring the power company down on you if they detect what is going on. Stick to the battery and inverter method as the power source, as that is the only way you can avoid a ground loop to the mains electrical power system. The one exception is you might be able to avoid such a problem when powering from the mains if you use an isolation transformer, but isolation transformers can be expensive and have a limited capacity as well.

Caution: Also beware that an inverter with an output of 120 volts or 240 Volts can kill you if you touch live wires, so don't build such a setup if you don't understand such things.
You need to take necessary safety precautions.

__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:41 PM
ewizard's Avatar
ewizard ewizard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Outside the Matrix
Posts: 1,086
Hi Clarence, glad you decided to try Energeticforum. As I mentioned in PM it may not be perfect here but it's generally a lot more friendly and definitely has moderation if needed. If by chance things go South here you still have that forum I setup you can use as we discussed in PM but you will probably get a lot more interaction here and may pick up some new people here that can contribute more so than you would on my rather isolated invitation only forum.

Since I've already got the most expensive component of this (I think the inverter would be the most costly anyway) I'm still looking seriously at replicating as time allows. At least I believe the true sine wave Trace / Xantrex 4000 watt inverter will be a component that can be substituted for the Aims. I doubt the magic is in the Aims itself My one concern is the difference in battery input voltage as the Trace I have requires 48 volts (at least 4 - 12V batteries in series or 8 6V in series) In fact here are a few comparisons between the 2 units:
Aims :
90% efficiency full load
95% efficiency 1/3 load
weight 16 pounds
retail cost $795.00

Trace (4000 watt):
96% efficiency
weight: 140 pounds
retail - not sure but I see some for $2800.00 - I think it is hard to find prices on them because people compare them to other inverters that cost far less while not realizing these are intended for full time use with off grid homes and situations requiring reliable high load power.

I'm not suggesting people buy the Trace /Xantrex as it is a serious expense but just sharing what I know if you eventually want something full time to handle high loads this unit can do that. Most other inverters you see on the shelves at your local Walmart or hardware store that claim 2000 or 3000 watt output will fry if run anywhere near that all the time. From what I know the Aims is much better than most of those cheaper units but just by the weight difference alone I know the hardware in it is not as heavy duty as the Trace. But I can assure you it is a lot easier to mount that Aims on the wall than the Trace
__________________
There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Last edited by ewizard; 04-12-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:46 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroMassInertia View Post
Thank you Clarence for sharing information on your build.
In the Donald Smith Device thread post 225 you posted a thumbnail picture of a damaged Toroid did that picture come from a Barbosa Leal device?
Can you explain the Thumbnail?
Hello,

that photo was just to say that B&L did not use micro transformers as they purposely mislead people to believe.

that was one of what they actually used. mine is way better and more efficient!

simply to show they used TOROIDS.

Thanks,

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:50 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by level View Post
@All, for those familiar with how houses are wired from the power lines, you will know well that you can't power a setup like this from the house mains power, with the phase wire going to one wire on the load and the other wire on the load going to ground. Check Clarence's schematic drawing to see what I am referring to. That will be what is called a ground loop. A ground loop current path will bypass a wattmeter and cause it to read wrong, and can even fool a house mains power meter as well. When you have a ground loop like that, the power is still coming from the mains, even if it doesn't show up on a watt meter at the input of the circuit or on the house mains power meter. Doing such a thing may also bring the power company down on you if they detect what is going on. Stick to the battery and inverter method as the power source, as that is the only way you can avoid a ground loop to the mains electrical power system. The one exception is you might be able to avoid such a problem when powering from the mains if you use an isolation transformer, but isolation transformers can be expensive and have a limited capacity as well.

Caution: Also beware that an inverter with an output of 120 volts or 240 Volts can kill you if you touch live wires, so don't build such a setup if you don't understand such things.
You need to take necessary safety precautions.

Hello LEVEL,

SPOT ON!!!!

thanks,

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-12-2015, 05:58 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizard View Post
Hi Clarence, glad you decided to try Energeticforum. As I mentioned in PM it may not be perfect here but it's generally a lot more friendly and definitely has moderation if needed. If by chance things go South here you still have that forum I setup you can use as we discussed in PM but you will probably get a lot more interaction here and may pick up some new people here that can contribute more so than you would on my rather isolated invitation only forum.

Since I've already got the most expensive component of this (I think the inverter would be the most costly anyway) I'm still looking seriously at replicating as time allows. At least I believe the true sine wave Trace / Xantrex 4000 watt inverter will be a component that can be substituted for the Aims. I doubt the magic is in the Aims itself My one concern is the difference in battery input voltage as the Trace I have requires 48 volts (at least 4 - 12V batteries in series or 8 6V in series) In fact here are a few comparisons between the 2 units:
Aims :
90% efficiency full load
95% efficiency 1/3 load
weight 16 pounds
retail cost $795.00

Trace (4000 watt):
96% efficiency
weight: 140 pounds
retail - not sure but I see some for $2800.00 - I think it is hard to find prices on them because people compare them to other inverters that cost far less while not realizing these are intended for full time use with off grid homes and situations requiring reliable high load power.

I'm not suggesting people buy the Trace /Xantrex as it is a serious expense but just sharing what I know if you eventually want something full time to handle high loads this unit can do that. Most other inverters you see on the shelves at your local Walmart or hardware store that claim 2000 or 3000 watt output will fry if run anywhere near that all the time. From what I know the Aims is much better than most of those cheaper units but just by the weight difference alone I know the hardware in it is not as heavy duty as the Trace. But I can assure you it is a lot easier to mount that Aims on the wall than the Trace
Hello ewizard, thanks again for you generosity and kindness.

all of the specs you show are real nice. I just did what I could for now.
your unit makes my mouth drool.!!
WOW.

BTW: where can one purchase that - I looked a while back couldn't find.

thanks again,

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-12-2015, 06:03 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrown View Post
In place of ground , grounding, would it be possible to put the ground lines into a lake or ocean, depending on what is more handy ?
Or even using tall areal grounding, as in some of the atmosphiric power projects ?
(tall poles high in the air, strung with many wires )

Andrew
Hello BobBrown,

I'll have to say that is out of my knowledge.
that is where someone can explore and achieve an answer.
Would like to know myself.

thanks

BTW: tesla with a unit VERY similar to this DID power the huge induction moter in his 1931 Pierce Arrow car.
across the back of it he had a 4 ' x 6 ' aluminum plate as his ambient energy source and history SAYS it worked. I would be pretty sure the way he attached it to the car was well insulated .
the whole thing was powered by a 6 volt batt i believe and in those days batt ground was POSITIVE not negative like today?
the field is open.

Clarence
__________________
 

Last edited by clarence; 04-12-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-12-2015, 06:34 PM
ewizard's Avatar
ewizard ewizard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Outside the Matrix
Posts: 1,086
Hi Clarence, When I was just writing that last post I went looking to see what the current retail on my model inverter was and I wasn't seeing much out there. I even went to Xantrex.com but they don't seem to be making those anymore. I imagine you can Google around and probably find some at the solar off grid web sites that still have some. The one I've got is made to be grid tied if you want also so it can sell back to the grid and it's fully programmable with a built in LCD screen and buttons to set it up in a large variety of situations. I did see that Aims has a high end 12,000 watt ! inverter for less than what I paid for my 4000 watt inverter and with that kind of rating it might be even better than what I've got for high loads although I think the efficiency % was lower. Trace Engineering was either bought out by Xantrex or they merged quite some time ago and I suspect they have tried to stay competitive in a market that is difficult with all the low price Chinese inverters and thus they may have dropped the more expensive units. I do believe Aims has somewhat taken over that market but I wasn't seeing any Aims that are programmable like mine.

I was just looking at ground rods and such and thought I'd mention what I had on the other forum for those thinking about all the hard work of putting in ground rods. While I used PVC this youtube video shows what may be an even better setup that can make the process a lot easier and quicker. The last 8 foot ground rod I had to pound in with a sledge took me about an hour. This method I have used will cut that down a lot. Note this guy uses metal electrical conduit (cheap) to make his water drill. Just don't get caught doing this in California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpI8PFNYl4
__________________
There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
photos, clarence, replication, post, device, back, barbosa, leal, build, clarences, setup, posting, b&l, attached, members, thread, unit, info, details, forum, annoyance, repeatedly, showed, thing, believing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

For One-Time Donations, use admin@ this domain > energeticforum.com

Choose your voluntary subscription

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers