Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube 2018 ENERGY CONFERENCE - ALL SEATS SOLD OUT!

2018 Energy Science & Technology Conference
Sponsored by Teslacoin Foundation

Teslacoin Foundation

https://www.teslastarter.org


Go Back   Energetic Forum > >
   

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 04-15-2015, 02:50 AM
ewizard's Avatar
ewizard ewizard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Outside the Matrix
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
Bout it they act like they own you why not the air we breath

Another thing was that I think I paid $30 each for the 2 cores and the wire was about $10 worth of 14awg magnet wire. The way I did it was to take all of the spokes out a a scooter rim, split it and used grey tape to connect it back together after I got it through the toroidal. Then I counted the feet I need and rolled it up onto the rim while on the toroidal from a 870 foot spool.

Maybe a little over 100 feet? Can't remember but all you do is count the inches around the core per loop and add.

Next I reversed direction and put that wire from the rim onto the core. First i put PVC tape all over the blank core. It was the cheapest way for me and I can do this anytime.

Mikey PS you are a free man so don't let the propaganda horn swaggle ya.
I just hate to lose any current by being stingy on wire gauge. My 0000 (4/0) gauge battery cable for my inverter (that's a U.S. Quarter on top of the cable for size reference and also note it's welding cable that uses a whole lot of very tiny gauge wires) I know we all do what we can with what $$ we have but if you can afford the heavy stuff and especially for the short piece of captor cable I'd like to see what difference some extra heavy welding cable might make :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dscn3607.jpg (57.9 KB, 114 views)
__________________
There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Last edited by ewizard; 04-15-2015 at 02:55 AM.
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #92  
Old 04-15-2015, 03:19 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizard View Post
I just hate to lose any current by being stingy on wire gauge. My 0000 (4/0) gauge battery cable for my inverter (that's a U.S. Quarter on top of the cable for size reference and also note it's welding cable that uses a whole lot of very tiny gauge wires) I know we all do what we can with what $$ we have but if you can afford the heavy stuff and especially for the short piece of captor cable I'd like to see what difference some extra heavy welding cable might make :
Thats the good stuff Wizzz..........

Check me out on this side, enclosed for serious builders is a foto



Here we see some inconsistances that I need to have cleared up.

I wind cores and the information does not jive with normal transformers.


The inverter to cores diagram has been altered to focus on the transformer
primaries connected to a 10awg wire. The question I have is this.

What awg wire in on those primaries? 21awg is standard. A 300va winding
generally uses 21awg. Please clarify if anyone knows about transformer windings. It is easier to call Bridgeport I understand, in the mean time we need to understand somethings about this system that we have overlooked.

The primaries are not taking much of the inverters power using a 300va
winding. And having the 2 primaries connected to a 10awg wire should not be a requirement with normal designs.

If you understand my question please feel free to answer or maybe Clarence can tell us that the primaries in fact do not use a 10awg magnet wire.

Thank you, Mikey
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-15-2015, 03:48 AM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
If you understand my question please feel free to answer or maybe Clarence can tell us that the primaries in fact do not use a 10awg magnet wire.
Hello BriMikey. The '10 AWG' marked on the schematic is obviously for the connecting wires between the two toroids, not an indication of the wire gauge of the primary windings on the toroids. The wire gauge of the primary windings would be whatever wire gauge Bridgeport Magnetics uses for their primary windings on their 300 VA rated toroids.
__________________
level
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-15-2015, 03:54 AM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
GERADOR CAPTOR DE ELÉTRONS, CERTIFICAR, REGULAMENTAR E AUTORIZAR
comment by Mr rocha 1 year ago from Brazil
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-15-2015, 05:07 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by level View Post
Hello BriMikey. The '10 AWG' marked on the schematic is obviously for the connecting wires between the two toroids, not an indication of the wire gauge of the primary windings on the toroids. The wire gauge of the primary windings would be whatever wire gauge Bridgeport Magnetics uses for their primary windings on their 300 VA rated toroids.
Thanks Level

I was losing grip for a minute. but you backed me up on this. The bridge port boys use 21awg. Or 20awg at the most for standard transformers but isolation cores are bigger making the overall look of the toroid seem like my 2000va units. The 300va core standard is 3.5" not 5.2"

This stuff is out there, 10awg wire powering a 21awg set of primaries?very interesting.

Mikey PS Level I am glad you filled in so many blanks for us.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-15-2015, 05:11 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
It looks like somebody has a corner on the market already.

Thanks Totalas
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-15-2015, 12:21 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
Thats the good stuff Wizzz..........

Check me out on this side, enclosed for serious builders is a foto



Here we see some inconsistances that I need to have cleared up.

I wind cores and the information does not jive with normal transformers.


The inverter to cores diagram has been altered to focus on the transformer
primaries connected to a 10awg wire. The question I have is this.

What awg wire in on those primaries? 21awg is standard. A 300va winding
generally uses 21awg. Please clarify if anyone knows about transformer windings. It is easier to call Bridgeport I understand, in the mean time we need to understand somethings about this system that we have overlooked.

The primaries are not taking much of the inverters power using a 300va
winding. And having the 2 primaries connected to a 10awg wire should not be a requirement with normal designs.

If you understand my question please feel free to answer or maybe Clarence can tell us that the primaries in fact do not use a 10awg magnet wire.

Thank you, Mikey
Hello @ ALL,

The transformer winding remains the same standard wiring that bridgeport magnetics uses. however after the wire extends so far out of the primary as to be practical I stepped it up to a #10 awg tinned multistrand wire.

Now why do you suppose ole sneaky Clarence would do something like that?
PRACTICAL!
that word is my second name in life! after a short period during building
the SMALL wire leads would BREAK off at their terminals AND they wern't LONG ENOUGH to reach where I needed to CONNECT THEM!!!!!!!!! ALSO #10 has less resistance.

Get a grip people! Anything I do is ALWAYS PRACTICAL!

Thanks for listening!

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-15-2015, 06:13 PM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Hi Clarence

I needed that because these new technologies seem so different to me especially with this area of the circuit. So what I am learning is that the inverter is connected to these twin primaries and are more like exciter windings.

This is enough of a discovery for today to keep my enjoying this project like a kid nursing his "ALL DAY SUCKER" I really like this one.

I like to isolate circuit functions limb by limb and this is when I noticed how little energy it actually takes to run the toroidal primaries.

On the practical side I much agree, use what works well and keeps the resistance low, it was just that I kept following the circuit around and when I got to the toroidal cores turn ratio I became puzzled.

See the toroid's are my main focus right now and I wanted to figure out the math on how 2 turns CW and CCW might fit with the 2 primaries wound CW and CCW. First I thought hummm... 10awg windings can't be right and thanks to Clarence we KNOW
what the average power handling is and those "SKILLED IN THE ART"
of winding transformers would know how to answer my question.

Next I went to the website where you have shown the transformers
are built and I looked over the standard materials for 60hz power transformer cores. In our case the cores are bigger than normal power transformer cores because these cores are isolation cores.

What that means is that isolation transformers need 2 of the approx same size winding like a primary generally and this takes more room than a normal design.

In a normal design particularly with THEIR 300va 117vac toroidal transformers they put down a primary of 21awg and then a few turns of 18awg to get a 28v-0-28v secondary side. This is a normal 300va step down and takes up less space. That core diameter is approx 3.5 O.D. for regular designs.

Then i noticed the core with windings looked more like a 6" diameter in your device and I see now that the bigger core was needed to get the 2-3 loops of big heavy AWG ott wire through it.

The engineers at Bridgeport I talked to on the phone are nice people and have always answered all of my design questions, I like them for this reason.

Thank you for your quick response Clarence that helps us all to filled in the unknowns of the puzzle. This will help those who have a few even smaller toroidal around to wind their cores properly to get the good results that you have gotten.

I am growing an extra set of eyeballs following this circuit around and back again and when I get a tiger by the tail I don't let up it's plain to see

Mikey
__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-15-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-15-2015, 06:37 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
Hi Clarence

I needed that because these new technologies seem so different to me especially with this area of the circuit. So what I am learning is that the inverter is connected to these twin primaries and are more like exciter windings.

This is enough of a discovery for today to keep my enjoying this project like a kid nursing his "ALL DAY SUCKER" I really like this one.

I like to isolate circuit functions limb by limb and this is when I noticed how little energy it actually takes to run the toroidal primaries.

On the practical side I much agree, use what works well and keeps the resistance low, it was just that I kept following the circuit around and when I got to the toroidal cores turn ratio I became puzzled.

See the toroid's are my main focus right now and I wanted to figure out the math on how 2 turns CW and CCW might fit with the 2 primaries wound CW and CCW. First I thought hummm... 10awg windings can't be right and thanks to Clarence we KNOW
what the average power handling is and those "SKILLED IN THE ART"
of winding transformers would know how to answer my question.

Next I went to the website where you have shown the transformers
are built and I looked over the standard materials for 60hz power transformer cores. In our case the cores are bigger than normal power transformer cores because these cores are isolation cores.

What that means is that isolation transformers need 2 of the approx same size winding like a primary generally and this takes more room than a normal design.

In a normal design particularly with THEIR 300va 117vac toroidal transformers they put down a primary of 21awg and then a few turns of 18awg to get a 28v-0-28v secondary side. This is a normal 300va step down and takes up less space. That core diameter is approx 3.5 O.D. for regular designs.

Then i noticed the core with windings looked more like a 6" diameter in your device and I see now that the bigger core was needed to get the 2-3 loops of big heavy AWG ott wire through it.

The engineers at Bridgeport I talked to on the phone are nice people and have always answered all of my design questions, I like them for this reason.

Thank you for your quick response Clarence that helps us all to filled in the unknowns of the puzzle. This will help those who have a few even smaller toroidal around to wind their cores properly to get the good results that you have gotten.

I am growing an extra set of eyeballs following this circuit around and back again and when I get a tiger by the tail I don't let up it's plain to see

Mikey
Hello BroMikey,

GET IT BIG BOY! your'e GOOD.
I've got your back whenever you need info.
some times I say things blunt but don't be offended by it cause i'ts not intended that way.!

CHEERS.

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-15-2015, 07:09 PM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello BroMikey,

GET IT BIG BOY! your'e GOOD.
I've got your back whenever you need info.
some times I say things blunt but don't be offended by it cause i'ts not intended that way.!

CHEERS.

Clarence
Oh!! A real man not wearing his feelings on his shirt sleeves? Woe dude my main man it's like water in the desert.

Tiger by the tail song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeOddejiGw
__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-15-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 04-16-2015, 05:56 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello BroMikey,

GET IT BIG BOY! your'e GOOD.
I've got your back whenever you need info.
some times I say things blunt but don't be offended by it cause i'ts not intended that way.!

CHEERS.

Clarence
Yer alright Clarence.

Here I segmented your layout again to help folks like me visualize each
function or pathway of the circuit. Take away
the battery charging loop, take away the twin toroid exciter circuit and this is what you get.

Just a diagram segment to keep everyone thinking about the hook up path. I can see it so clear now.





__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-16-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-16-2015, 07:05 AM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
Yer alright Clarence.

Here I segmented your layout again to help folks like me visualize each
function or pathway of the circuit. Take away
the battery charging loop, take away the twin toroid exciter circuit and this is what you get.

Just a diagram segment to keep everyone thinking about the hook up path. I can see it so clear now.



Hello BroMikey,

You did well.
However there is always the possibility that some viewer will just look at the segmented schematic WITHOUT READING YOUR EXPLANATION and think that that is all there is to completing the device! the HURRY UP LOOK DON'T DON'T READ syndrome has been a pain in the tooch before.

If you were able to include ALL of the circuits IN COLORED FORM that would be a valuable TOOL for all the members.
I'll have to say that at present that's something that I DON'T know how to do!
So if you CAN - GO FOR IT! the members WILL appreciate it I'm sure!

Thanks Bro,

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello BroMikey,

You did well.
However there is always the possibility that some viewer will just look at the segmented schematic WITHOUT READING YOUR EXPLANATION and think that that is all there is to completing the device! the HURRY UP LOOK DON'T DON'T READ syndrome has been a pain in the tooch before.

If you were able to include ALL of the circuits IN COLORED FORM that would be a valuable TOOL for all the members.
I'll have to say that at present that's something that I DON'T know how to do!
So if you CAN - GO FOR IT! the members WILL appreciate it I'm sure!

Thanks Bro,

Clarence
Agreed one more is coming that being the battery circuit.
I changed ALL of the diagrams to say 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and so on.

also NOT A COMPLETE DIAGRAM has been added to the first example.

Thanks for confirming that thought I had as well. Also i am putting these always all together so when I am finished I will edit all of my posts to show them as one page.












__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-16-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-16-2015, 12:06 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Segmented schematics

Hello BroMikey,

all of these linked schematics shall prove as a very valuable asset to the members for certain!

thanks again for your effort and contribution.

Thanks and cheers,

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-16-2015, 02:31 PM
alamat alamat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 15
thanks for info

__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-16-2015, 06:56 PM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello BroMikey,

all of these linked schematics shall prove as a very valuable asset to the members for certain!

thanks again for your effort and contribution.

Thanks and cheers,

Clarence
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamat View Post
thanks for info


Thanks Guys you are both beautiful people.

I have researched the winding counts and gauge of wire
for the ALPHA CORE DIRECT specifications. I will make
another diagram showing this.

Each supplier of a core, designed to operate at 60HZ @117vac,
will gave this sign (V/Turn)

I will return soon.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-16-2015, 07:37 PM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Before posting the completed exciter winding information
I have enclosed 3 general diagram segments 1-3 to
better visualize each function of the entire process.








__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-16-2015, 08:34 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameleon53 View Post
Hi Clarence,
from looking at your circuit, I think that the wire of the captor loop should be turn around the earth wire instead of the other. Like you have connected it the capted currant is reduce at 40%. I can be wrong but maybe someone can test it. See what i mean in the drawing.
Fabien
Hello,

There are ONLY two transformers in my unit NOT three.
the CAPTOR LOOP is SUPPOSED TO HAVE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE CURRENT!!!!
THAT WAY each time A LOAD is placed on the output of the CAPTOR an incremental additional increase is added to the LOOP without quickly OVERHEATING IT!!!!!!

I would desire that people would STOP TRYING TO SECOND GUESS an effective OPERATING SYSTEM that has ALREADY BEEN PERFECTED both by B&L AND myself!!!
WHAT YOU WOULD DO would QUICKLY OVERHEAT THE LOOP!!!!!
leave it ALONE!

Clarence


Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:03 PM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
hi bro mickey and Clarence
nice diagrams
toroid winding size
and info before i buy the core 5,2 inches ?
thanks
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:27 PM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Correct toroid specs before ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
hi bro mickey and Clarence
nice diagrams
toroid winding size
and info before i buy the core 5,2 inches ?
thanks
Hello totoalas,

go back to PAGE 1 - POST #6 to get the CORRECT toroid part specification!
it DOES NOT have a secondary winding on it!!! and that was the way I ordered it and use it!!! YOU- YOU -YOU are going to wind the secondary
windings on it which MAKE UP THE CAPTOR LOOP! (the 2/1/2 #4 AWG wire).



If you use the part information in recent post it will come with a secondary winding on it which will HAVE TO BE REMOVED. AND it will cost more for something you can't use!

I have tried to get that point across several times but I guess everyone keeps missing it! thanks Sir!

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:49 PM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Hello totoalas,

go back to PAGE 1 - POST #6 to get the CORRECT toroid part specification!
it DOES NOT have a secondary winding on it!!! and that was the way I ordered it and use it!!! YOU- YOU -YOU are going to wind the secondary
windings on it which MAKE UP THE CAPTOR LOOP! (the 2/1/2 #4 AWG wire).



If you use the part information in recent post it will come with a secondary winding on it which will HAVE TO BE REMOVED. AND it will cost more for something you can't use!

I have tried to get that point across several times but I guess everyone keeps missing it! thanks Sir!

Clarence
Hi Clarence
your toroid info is crystal clear..... im planning to wind my own primary and just buy the core or as you say which ever is cheaper in China......
so far no luck on junk amplifier and only a 3 inch toroid is in my spare ...... want to minimize the cost as much as possible with near results .......

thanks again
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:56 PM
level level is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 412
Toroid dimensions for the TD300-1120

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
toroid winding size and info before i buy the core 5,2 inches? thanks
Hello totoalas. See Clarence's reply above about reading post #6.
According to that note, Clarence custom ordered the two toroids without the secondary, so that may be why the part number is designated as TD300-1120-P, rather than TD300-1120. I am attaching the specs on the Bridgeport Magnetics TD300-1120 toroid, for which I would guess the toroid dimensions should be the same as the TD300-1120-P, except that the TD300-1120-P doesn't have the secondary wound on it. Clarence can confirm if these toroid dimensions match his toroids or not.
__________________
level

Last edited by level; 04-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 PM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
Thanks Level,
I just want the winding turns size for a 110 v primary since cores can easily be bought here in China


most are 22o v ac 50 hz primary Can this be applicable to the circuit also????

Im planning to buy on Sunday so just making sure i got all the info needed
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-17-2015, 12:04 AM
clarence's Avatar
clarence clarence is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 688
Correct as usual level!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by level View Post
Hello totoalas. See Clarence's reply above about reading post #6.
According to that note, Clarence custom ordered the two toroids without the secondary, so that may be why the part number is designated as TD300-1120-P, rather than TD300-1120. I am attaching the specs on the Bridgeport Magnetics TD300-1120 toroid, for which I would guess the toroid dimensions should be the same as the TD300-1120-P, except that the TD300-1120-P doesn't have the secondary wound on it. Clarence can confirm if these toroid dimensions match his toroids or not.
Hello LEVEL,

you are amazing sir. your excellent grasp at all times is an outstanding value to all of the members Sir.

The TD300-1120-P is the toroid that I buy and use. know Level that I previously Built the larger SINGLE toroid Modules and fired them up easily and they put out almost the exact same level of Captor AC amps as B&L's did in their early three Gray Box Demo. their value on the second unit was 116.+ and mine was 126.+ that is why I can say and know that this toroid is excellent for the job.

thanks again for your post!

Clarence
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-17-2015, 01:21 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
Thanks Level,
I just want the winding turns size for a 110 v primary since cores can easily be bought here in China


most are 22o v ac 50 hz primary Can this be applicable to the circuit also????

Im planning to buy on Sunday so just making sure i got all the info needed
If you are going to wind your own toroidal core no matter what Clarence tells
you then I can help you and others so they do not fail. Many people can not get the exact Bridgeport cores where they live and shipping would cost them $200 USD.

Clarence has also pointed out that a third transformer is not needed, however the tiny set of 2 loops electrically connected to the 4 input grounding stakes is technically the third transformer.

Yet Clarence is sure about his diagram having tested this already so please everyone stick to the diagram that Clarence has put up. What I have been doing separating individual circuit branches for your review may be misinterpreted as an open door for redesigning Clarence work.

It is not an open door for changing anything, just a segmented view to help us all get focused on Clarence layout a piece at a time.


If totoalas wants to wing it and wind his own primary for 117vac then he or I could call technical support and ask them how to wind our own and that is what I have been telling everyone that I have been doing for years.

Those guys don't care, they tell me what I want to know WHEN I buy a core, so if you are buying a core that is for 60hz operation at 300va then use 21awg wire and winding only half way around like the picture Clarence posted. If you live inside the USA and can get the cores cheap already wound for $125 each, save yourself the trouble.

If you are able to wind a toroid then you already spent the money on a winding machine and understand how hard winding toroid's are.

totoalas!!! you must look for the information on your core and yes 5.2 dia. Each core material supplier has a number that looks like this

Volts/turn= ???

At "Bridgeport" ALPHACOREDDIRECT it looks like this V/TURN@ 60Hz 15kG

Silicon Steel Toroidal Cores - In Stock


Look at this chart for P/N 110 there you will find a 5.2" O.D core listed. About $40 shipped inside the USA.
Next look at the Volts/Turn@60hz the number says .483

This means that each time you wrap a loop of wire around THIS specific core you will get .483volts

Now to find the number of turns is 117vac divided-BY .483 = 242 turns

Now if you are going to use a thinner wire to wind a 234volt transformer (117vac +117vac = 234vac) then you will need twice as many turns.

Maybe 24-25awg wire for 234vac operation at 484 turns at 50hz?

Are you going to operate at 50hz? If so you can not use 60hz winding information.
__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-17-2015 at 01:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-17-2015, 01:37 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
If transformer cores are purchased for 50hz operation the specs of that transformer must be given 50hz.

Volts/turn@50HZ and 60hz windings are not long enough so excessive current draw will break down the wire. I think it is a 17 percent variation from 50hz to 60hz. Big changes.

To refresh on transformer practices look here. I hope you enjoy it.

Transformers Part 1 - Beginners' Guide to Electronics

The rest of you who do not have the Engineering tools or have the mind for this type of work, stay home and order.



__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 04-17-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-17-2015, 02:12 AM
wayne49s wayne49s is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Grounding

Hi,

Any advice the grounding network? I think this is the most critical part (my previous effort didn't work because of that). What is the spacing between the rods? I might only be able to go about 6 feet because I might hit bedrock; I read the spacing should be twice the rod length. Is there a way to check if the there is enough ground rods by checking the resistance between the neutral post at the inverter and the captor ground terminal?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-17-2015, 03:09 AM
masen masen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Type of Grounding Rods

What type of grounding rod is best? Do they need to be copper coated? Does galvanized work or stainless steel?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-17-2015, 05:31 AM
totoalas totoalas is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 628
Thanks Bro Mickey
Im trying to make as close as possible on Clarence desi9n
Since the output of the inverters are 110 v ac x 2 and in our country
220 v ac Live and Neutral ...... im planning to adapt the 220 v ac 60 hz
primary

thanks
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-17-2015, 06:39 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoalas View Post
Thanks Bro Mickey
Im trying to make as close as possible on Clarence desi9n
Since the output of the inverters are 110 v ac x 2 and in our country
220 v ac Live and Neutral ...... im planning to adapt the 220 v ac 60 hz
primary

thanks
Welcome

484 is your number for 60hz 234vac or 220vac some say 240vac.

Be sure you tell me the size of your toroids. If they are close to Bridgeports then you will be right on. It is the industry standard in most cases.

You will be right on.

Me and hitby are thinking send some ac into the captor at 30,000volts.

The captor excites AND injects ac power using rods then collects many times more from the earth.

But you are going to be away from this design so i hope everything works out. Gotta try something.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
photos, clarence, replication, post, device, back, barbosa, leal, build, clarences, setup, posting, b&l, attached, members, thread, unit, info, details, forum, annoyance, repeatedly, showed, thing, believing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

For One-Time Donations, use admin@ this domain > energeticforum.com

Choose your voluntary subscription

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers