Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube ONLY 13% OF SEATS AVAILABLE!!!*** 2017 ENERGY CONFERENCE ***


* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX


Go Back   Energetic Forum > >
   

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #361  
Old 08-28-2017, 12:13 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
To All,

Can't do very good testing until comm is in place.
It really is incredible to see all the voltage a very long long wire
can make for such a teeny tiny amount of input. The window motor
and the Solid state Bedini oscillator.

In fact every time I see this I see the window motor, it is the same
thing. Built it and use it's pumping action in high efficiency oscillation.

It is a great learning tool, build two or three and each time you do you
will see that the shorter the wire the greater the output with a larger
input while the longer wire (like 3x) will give way higher efficiency
figures for input/output.

In the end the goal is to somehow balance the load to input so when the
pulses occur both input and output are sustained by the pumping action.

Once this happens you will never be the same again. It is so delicate a
process to find that single point or node, making this approach of course
impractical. The point is that you will have something to go by for your
next build and the one after that so each time an improvement can
be witnessed.

Only the experimenter who spends time with his hands and money knows
what he has and if things are getting better. Thousands have started
with this window motor type build. The commutator pulses and this is
no new function, Tesla has the patents on this stuff while Joe was still
setting on the fence.

I have some really really long wire coils that are all twisted up and some
not twisted and it is breath taking to see how little input it takes to get
power out in high voltages. A solar panel to an oscillator pump could
charge a huge bank of batteries.

The purpose is to get free mechanical energy like to pump water otherwise
put a rotor on it and build a lenz free generator.


__________________
 

Last edited by BroMikey; 08-28-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #362  
Old 08-28-2017, 02:35 AM
BroMikey's Avatar
BroMikey BroMikey is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,743
Here is Paul Bab. board talk poster. I think 2012?

__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 08-28-2017, 12:45 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Progress

Bromikey,
Very true the more builds the better picture and understanding of the process. I'm a hands on learning kind of person.

This pvc type commutator is a pain in the arse. If anyone has a solid easier way that doesn't involve a cnc machine or paying some company to build one, please help out here.

Really like those roller type brushes on those videos. UFOPOLITICS had the best ones I've seen. I'll be using long strips of brass or copper attached to stationary terminal blocks for commutator brushes.

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 08-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,294
The best "home made" commutators I have made have always been made out of larger diameter PVC pipe rather than small. With smaller pipe the errors are magnified. I would carefully cut two slots in the pipe with a dreamel tool for each strip of copper. I cut ALL the slits before attaching any of the copper because the dremel (being a circular cutter) will cut a wider slot at the top than you need, which I fill in with epoxy later. The I stick one end of the copper strip in the slot, bend it around the pipe and stick the other end in the second slot. When I am sure the fit is right, I epoxy it in place. If there is a gap where no contact is to be made, I fill it with epoxy, spin the commutator with my drill, and sand it off flat.

If I want commutators that are made of rings of copper, I cut pieces of copper pipe and slide them over the closest size PVC pipe. Then I wedge spacers between the two pipes to get the tightest circular alignment and fit and then fill the empty space between the two with epoxy from on side while the other side is taped off. You can get some LARGE diameter copper pipe short pieces at metal shops that do fabrication work and will throw short pieces in the recycle. A lot of times you can get those scraps for free or for very little.
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:30 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Larger is better

Dave,
Thanks for the input it helps. The size I'm using is 1 1/4" diameter with end plugs not caps. Hard to find any fabricating shops here in these small towns. So I try the copper sheeting cut into strips.

Next larger machine will need much larger comm for sure.

I always follow your builds. Especially your winding series, parallel etc.

Much respect,
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 08-29-2017, 10:22 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Thumbs up The Newman Commutator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Vidbid,
Good vids.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Tried the reed switches on the first build. But they would burn up or stick from all the bemf or usage.
wantomake,

Good points and interesting.

I want to say about the idea of using reed switches. Personally, I don't believe it's a Newman motor if it's using reed switches.

About the BEMF or CEMF, to me, that's the gold in the machine.

To me, the magic happens in the commutator. If you look at Newman's latest videos, take some time and study his commutator.



It looks like Newman has a "continuous" shorted band on his commutator, which I'll be implementing in my commutator design.

For the purposes of constructing a Newman commutator, I have a couple of steel discs that I'm playing with, but I'm thinking about using copper, instead, but I might just use one of the steel discs to prototype with.

I think the majority of people miss the importance of Newman's commutator in the design, and I'm not talking about his book. I believe people need to really watch his last few videos of his motor Big Eureka.

It's really a shame that he didn't explain its workings while he was alive.

Luckily, I think there's enough video segments of its operation that we can piece its construction together.

I believe the most important component in his motor is the commutator, especially, the commutator in Big Eureka.

I believe that's where our attention needs to be.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 08-29-2017, 02:17 PM
pjotterkjen pjotterkjen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post


A solar panel to an oscillator pump could charge a huge bank of batteries.

Exactly that is what I'm looking for.
I have a very small PV system of about 250 Wp on the roof of my house, output regulated 24V DC, and want to use this small system to power appliances in my house. The aim is to have at least one airconditioning running. So what I have is only 4-5 hours daily sun which translates into 4-5 times 250 Wp which equals to 1-1.25 kWh per day, stored into two Trojan 12V lead-acid batteries in series.
The idea is to apply these explained principles of voltage pressure through DC pulsing, mix a big electromagnet in it like the Newman motor, and get out a lot of output (in the order of 10-15 kWh per day).
Which means I'll have to get at least a COP of 10, but I'm sure that while adding more wire and use stronger magnets, it should be doable.
My thinking used to be current based but now it is voltage based. After having read about so many inventions of so many inventors they all boil down to distort the aether in some smart way, and harvest the extra energy added by the same aether trying to compensate the distortion. Energy is abundant and magnetism (which is just an expression of the aether being distorted) is here to help us get the energy we need in a non-polluting way.
We just have to take care that Lenz law is circumvented when extracting all that atom power current on a secondary coil. The more magnet and copper wire weight on the main system, the more amplification we get on the secondary.

Thanks for all the updates, very good to see some progress is being made.
Will keep you guys updated too.

pjotterkjen
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 08-29-2017, 03:22 PM
pjotterkjen pjotterkjen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 96
Magnetism and electricity related to aether and energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMikey View Post
Here is Paul Bab. board talk poster.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Paul Babcock.
His first three presentations were a big eye-opener for me.
He has a great way to explain the basic principles of how magnetism and electricity work and how they interact with matter.
He says in his first video that his 'eye-opener' was the book of Joseph Newman... so that's why I read the first 9 chapters a couple of times with much attention.
And that is what I recommend everybody do first: read these chapters very thoroughly and let go of any pre-learned stuff.
After that, any prototype that applies the basic requirements should have no problem to get to work with the correct fine-tuning.

pjotterkjen
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 08-29-2017, 03:38 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Commutator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Thanks. Much appreciated.



wantomake,

Good points and interesting.

I want to say about the idea of using reed switches. Personally, I don't believe it's a Newman motor if it's using reed switches.

About the BEMF or CEMF, to me, that's the gold in the machine.

To me, the magic happens in the commutator. If you look at Newman's latest videos, take some time and study his commutator.



It looks like Newman has a "continuous" shorted band on his commutator, which I'll be implementing in my commutator design.

For the purposes of constructing a Newman commutator, I have a couple of steel discs that I'm playing with, but I'm thinking about using copper, instead, but I might just use one of the steel discs to prototype with.

I think the majority of people miss the importance of Newman's commutator in the design, and I'm not talking about his book. I believe people need to really watch his last few videos of his motor Big Eureka.

It's really a shame that he didn't explain its workings while he was alive.

Luckily, I think there's enough video segments of its operation that we can piece its construction together.

I believe the most important component in his motor is the commutator, especially, the commutator in Big Eureka.

I believe that's where our attention needs to be.
Vidbid,
You are right about the comm. So I will build one barrel and one wheel or disc type each. Also a single or two coil setup is possible.

First I'll try the barrel type comm, then build the disc shaped one to test with single coil setup.

Question- the blanks at 9:00 and 3:00 are those just the "blank spots" of the disk? I see the circular "short out". And the "firing" segments.

I agree, would be great if Newman had filled in some blanks(pun intented) about this comm design.

Why the continuous short? Does a large mass of wire hold magnetism or energy even while shorted? How will you harvest the CEMF or BEMF, the gold of the machine? Also what was the purpose for the giant capacitor?

The main reason I replicate this device is to answer the above stated. I've not tested this machine yet and confusion has already blocked my thinking........

I will go back and review the vids more.

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 08-29-2017, 06:05 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Newman Motor Commutator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Vidbid,
You are right about the comm. So I will build one barrel and one wheel or disc type each. Also a single or two coil setup is possible.

First I'll try the barrel type comm, then build the disc shaped one to test with single coil setup.

Question- the blanks at 9:00 and 3:00 are those just the "blank spots" of the disk? I see the circular "short out". And the "firing" segments.

I agree, would be great if Newman had filled in some blanks(pun intented) about this comm design.

Why the continuous short? Does a large mass of wire hold magnetism or energy even while shorted? How will you harvest the CEMF or BEMF, the gold of the machine? Also what was the purpose for the giant capacitor?

The main reason I replicate this device is to answer the above stated. I've not tested this machine yet and confusion has already blocked my thinking........

I will go back and review the vids more.

wantomake


Newman Motor Commutator Contact on Large Disc Circumference



Newman Motor Commutator3 O'clock Gap on Large Disc Circumference



Possible Schematic or Diagram for Newman Motor Commutator

@wantomake, Thanks.

Let me start out by saying, to me, the first thing of importance is to make the observation.

That's what I do. I observe, and then I try to make an observation.

After I make the observation, then I will attempt to formulate a theory.

I'm not sure what the function of the 3 O'clock Gap is, but I do observe that there is clearly a 3 O'clock Gap there.

As for the 9 O'clock Gap, I'm only speculating that it exists. I don't know for certain that it is there, but I can speculate that if it is there, what then how it might affect the operation of the commutator.

As for the bridges across the commutator contacts, again, that is only speculation. At this point, I can only speculate.

I'm pretty sure that Newman was feeding the fly-back from his coil into his battery at some point. I believe (but I can't prove) that the function of the caps is to catch the fly-back in some way and hold it, possibly, as a buffer.

In one of his videos (I'm not sure which), Newman stated something about keeping the magnetic field in the coil (at least, that's what I believe that I heard.) Would his latest commutator design accomplish that? I believe the answer is Possibly.

Good luck to all who attempt any kind of replication based on Newman's latest work.

At this point, I believe Newman's latest motor works and produces overunity. I believe that the answer has got to be simple. I'm not worried about the Einsteinian theory that Newman embraced and tried to explain. He would have done better just to show how he built the machine, but he didn't with his latest machine.

So we have to piece it together with his videos and images of his latest machine.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 08-29-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 08-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Allen Burgess Allen Burgess is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,384
Newman commutator.

The major drawback to Newman's commutator, as I see it, is that it's connected directly to the spinning magnet axle.

This limit's the motor to one speed regulated by voltage alone. Separating the commutator from the spinner, as I separated Art porter's on the "Magnet Torque Amplifier" thread would allow the motor to operate over a wider range of R.P.M. and increase the availability of resonant sweet spots.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 08-29-2017, 07:19 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Lightbulb V/RS Correlation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Burgess View Post
The major drawback to Newman's commutator, as I see it, is that it's connected directly to the spinning magnet axle.

This limit's the motor to one speed regulated by voltage alone. Separating the commutator from the spinner, as I separated Art porter's on the "Magnet Torque Amplifier" thread would allow the motor to operate over a wider range of R.P.M. and increase the availability of resonant sweet spots.
Interesting perspective, though, I'm not sure how a voltage-to-rotational-speed correlation would be a drawback.

To increase rotational speed, increase voltage.



If 60 9-volt batteries gives you X RPM, and if 70 9-volt batteries gives you >X RPM, I'm not sure how that would be a drawback.

Couldn't you just dial in whatever rotational speed you wanted simply by adjusting a variac (which is ahead of a FWBR)?

As for separation, wouldn't disassociating the armature's magnet rotational function from the function provided by the commutator cause a possible phase misalignment between the function of the commutator and the relative position of the armature's magnet?

I'm not saying what you propose can't be done. In fact, it has already been done by Geoffry S. Miller.









(For what is a variac, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfETCn09hhc
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 08-29-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:48 PM
maxc maxc is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxc View Post
My commutator. So far it will go .028 amp negative back too battery. Was using .03 aluminum mig wire as brushes. Needs more work.
With this commutator I can short the coil out but I noticed that pulls 20 more percent power and slows it down. I order 10 more pounds of wire and I have some high frequency transformer laminates. I'm going to remove the magnet rotor and use a laminate rotor. To beat lenz's law. Also I'm going to put the laminates in the coils.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1582.JPG (615.9 KB, 17 views)
__________________
 

Last edited by maxc; 08-29-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added pic
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 08-30-2017, 02:23 AM
Allen Burgess Allen Burgess is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,384
GAP solid state commutator

Look at this "Hybrid Coil" commutator of mine with custom latching Reed Switches: Three channels: Pulse width, BEMF, and CEMF output; Powered by a 12 volt DC fan:

A simple readjustment of the trigger magnets can turn my GAP commutator into a Joe Newman commutator like Miller's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20170829_183000.jpg (136.9 KB, 13 views)
__________________
 

Last edited by Allen Burgess; 08-31-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 08-30-2017, 03:04 AM
Allen Burgess Allen Burgess is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,384
Geoffry S. Miller.

@Vidbid,

What did Miller's commutator hook up to? The center contact looks like it might correspond to Art's Porter's proportions?
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:57 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Lightbulb Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Burgess View Post
@Vidbid,

What did Miller's commutator hook up to? The center contact looks like it might correspond to Art's Porter's proportions?
I'm a fan of Art Porter of Gap Power.

GAP Power, Magnetic Neutralization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8eZ3YsT8nI

I believe his machines possess overunity capabilities.

However, to me, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

In my view, Newman's latest commutator is super simple.

Miller is a good guy. I have a lot of respect for him.



Notice that his build (the above prototype) lacks Newman's "Copper Shorting Band" so-termed by me.

In the above build, the commutator speed is controlled by an external secondary motor.

However, I'm a traditionalist and a purist, so I like sticking to Newman's design.

The two small discs supply source power.

The singular large disc alternately supplies power to the stator coil.

There you have it.

Sidebar: I, too, am very much interested in upping the rotational speed of the Newman motor, hence, the interest in magnet bearings.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 08-30-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 08-30-2017, 03:00 PM
pjotterkjen pjotterkjen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 96
Commutator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxc View Post
With this commutator I can short the coil out but I noticed that pulls 20 more percent power and slows it down. I order 10 more pounds of wire and I have some high frequency transformer laminates. I'm going to remove the magnet rotor and use a laminate rotor. To beat lenz's law. Also I'm going to put the laminates in the coils.
This is an interesting commutator setup.
I'm just curious, did you include all three segments described by Newman (referring to the FIRE, BLANK, and SHORT segments described in Chapter 9 of his book)?

pjotterkjen
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 08-30-2017, 03:01 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Disc design

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
The video is still available:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ2-p5Zc8qY
And that image is still there, but blurry:



Anyhow, here's his famous commutator:

Notice how every third section of the commutator shorts the stator coil.



Rest in Peace: Joseph Westley Newman (July 2, 1936 March 6, 2015)

By the way, everybody, you can get his writings from the following link:

http://www.free-energy-info.tuks.nl/BooksDownload.html
Vidbid,
I'm now trying to decide which disc type wound work best or at all. My disc is only 3+ inches wide by 1/2" thick. Not a good flywheel at all. But I want to use the "firing, blank, shorting," segments on the disc design. My segments will not be as small or as many as this picture shows.

I have built the barrel type comm but no shorting segments on it. I followed the design from the complete display that part of is shown above(top).

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 08-30-2017, 03:14 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Capacitor and spark gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Thanks. Much appreciated.



wantomake,

Good points and interesting.

I want to say about the idea of using reed switches. Personally, I don't believe it's a Newman motor if it's using reed switches.

About the BEMF or CEMF, to me, that's the gold in the machine.

To me, the magic happens in the commutator. If you look at Newman's latest videos, take some time and study his commutator.



It looks like Newman has a "continuous" shorted band on his commutator, which I'll be implementing in my commutator design.

For the purposes of constructing a Newman commutator, I have a couple of steel discs that I'm playing with, but I'm thinking about using copper, instead, but I might just use one of the steel discs to prototype with.

I think the majority of people miss the importance of Newman's commutator in the design, and I'm not talking about his book. I believe people need to really watch his last few videos of his motor Big Eureka.

It's really a shame that he didn't explain its workings while he was alive.

Luckily, I think there's enough video segments of its operation that we can piece its construction together.

I believe the most important component in his motor is the commutator, especially, the commutator in Big Eureka.

I believe that's where our attention needs to be.
Hey vidbid,
Could you add a capacitor with a spark gap(at top or bottom) across the coil?

A spark gap is the only way to keep the capacitor from shorting out if connected across the coil.

What do you think?.

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 08-30-2017, 05:08 PM
energybat energybat is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
To all newman motor update from energybat labs 2017

To All

Geoffrey miller from energybat.com

If you go to Aaron's website and buy my talk about
the Joe Newman's Motor of this years Conference
you will have a lot Questions answered.

Have a great day.

Geoffrey

PS thanks Tom C.












Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
I'm a fan of Art Porter of Gap Power.

GAP Power, Magnetic Neutralization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8eZ3YsT8nI

I believe his machines possess overunity capabilities.

However, to me, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

In my view, Newman's latest commutator is super simple.

Miller is a good guy. I have a lot of respect for him.



Notice that his build (the above prototype) lacks Newman's "Copper Shorting Band" so-termed by me.

In the above build, the commutator speed is controlled by an external secondary motor.

However, I'm a traditionalist and a purist, so I like sticking to Newman's design.

The two small discs supply source power.

The singular large disc alternately supplies power to the stator coil.

There you have it.

Sidebar: I, too, am very much interested in upping the rotational speed of the Newman motor, hence, the interest in magnet bearings.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:11 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Vidbid,
I'm now trying to decide which disc type wound work best or at all. My disc is only 3+ inches wide by 1/2" thick. Not a good flywheel at all. But I want to use the "firing, blank, shorting," segments on the disc design. My segments will not be as small or as many as this picture shows.

I have built the barrel type comm but no shorting segments on it. I followed the design from the complete display that part of is shown above(top).

wantomake
Those designs are obsolete. Newman changed how he designed the commutator. Look at the commutator on Big Eureka. That is Newman's latest design.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID

Last edited by vidbid; 08-30-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:13 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Geoffrey,
I did purchase the presentation from the conference and you didn't spend enough time on build details. I may have missed something but I'll look at it again.

wantomake
Have you watched the Newman Movie that came out in 2016?
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:33 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Exclamation Evidence for the 9 O'Clock Gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post

Newman Motor Commutator Contact on Large Disc Circumference



Newman Motor Commutator3 O'clock Gap on Large Disc Circumference



Possible Schematic or Diagram for Newman Motor Commutator

@wantomake, Thanks.

Let me start out by saying, to me, the first thing of importance is to make the observation.

That's what I do. I observe, and then I try to make an observation.

After I make the observation, then I will attempt to formulate a theory.

I'm not sure what the function of the 3 O'clock Gap is, but I do observe that there is clearly a 3 O'clock Gap there.

As for the 9 O'clock Gap, I'm only speculating that it exists. I don't know for certain that it is there, but I can speculate that if it is there, what then how it might affect the operation of the commutator.

As for the bridges across the commutator contacts, again, that is only speculation. At this point, I can only speculate.

I'm pretty sure that Newman was feeding the fly-back from his coil into his battery at some point. I believe (but I can't prove) that the function of the caps is to catch the fly-back in some way and hold it, possibly, as a buffer.

In one of his videos (I'm not sure which), Newman stated something about keeping the magnetic field in the coil (at least, that's what I believe that I heard.) Would his latest commutator design accomplish that? I believe the answer is Possibly.

Good luck to all who attempt any kind of replication based on Newman's latest work.

At this point, I believe Newman's latest motor works and produces overunity. I believe that the answer has got to be simple. I'm not worried about the Einsteinian theory that Newman embraced and tried to explain. He would have done better just to show how he built the machine, but he didn't with his latest machine.

So we have to piece it together with his videos and images of his latest machine.
I found this image that shows the so-called 9 O'Clock Gap

https://pesn.com/archive/2010/06/30/...o/img_0093.jpg

So, I'll have to update my diagram.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:45 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Have you watched the Newman Movie that came out in 2016?
Vidbid,
Yes I watched it and it just infuriated me even more against those suppressive bastards that are killing and destroying the only mother earth we live on. For what? For greed and power over us.

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 08-30-2017, 11:21 PM
Allen Burgess Allen Burgess is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,384
Art Porter and Joe Newman commutator contrast.

Compare the proportions between Art's scope shot and Joe's commutator ratios below far right: The center photo is Art's semi circular opti-cutter commutator on the far end. 9/16 to 3/16 = 54% and 18% while Art's scope shot reveals 43% and 18%. Joe's blank space equals Art's BEMF space exactly following the power pulse! Very interesting.

Joe is obviously sleeping his BEMF, so any feedback to source has to come from the short section of his commutator:

Both magnet coil and commutator setups qualify as "Hybrid Input, Output" coils. Joe's rotational segment only catches 1/8th of the power coil for output unlike Art's 38% from the direct linear alignment of his oscillator magnet piston.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 4.08.54 PM.png (393.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 6.57.02 AM.png (1.04 MB, 16 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 5.04.38 PM.png (16.5 KB, 13 views)
__________________
 

Last edited by Allen Burgess; 08-31-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 08-31-2017, 02:01 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Vidbid,
Yes I watched it and it just infuriated me even more against those suppressive bastards that are killing and destroying the only mother earth we live on. For what? For greed and power over us.

wantomake
It's about control.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 08-31-2017, 02:06 AM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Burgess View Post
Compare the proportions between Art's scope shot and Joe's commutator ratios below far right: The center photo is Art's semi circular opti-cutter commutator. 9/16 to 3/16 = 54% and 18% while Art's scope shot reveals 43% and 18%. Joe's blank space equals Art's BEMF space exactly following the power pulse! Very interesting.

Joe is obviously sleeping his BEMF, so any feedback to source has to come from the short section of his commutator:

Both magnet coil and commutator setups qualify as "Hybrid Input, Output" coils. Joe's rotational segment only catches 1/8th of the power coil for output unlike Art's 38% from the direct linear alignment of his oscillator magnet piston.
Joe is obviously sleeping his BEMF

I like that expression. I'm not sure I know what it means.

I suppose it could mean that the charge in the coil is being conserved.



Interesting.
__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 08-31-2017, 02:51 PM
pjotterkjen pjotterkjen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Joe is obviously sleeping his BEMF

I like that expression. I'm not sure I know what it means.

I suppose it could mean that the charge in the coil is being conserved.

Interesting.
Yes, it sure is!
In my understanding from what is written in the book, the BLANK allows no current to COMPLETE the circuit and thus prevents the current to go back to the input voltage source (all those tiny batteries in series). This prevents the batteries from draining quickly. So, only high voltage pressure is used, and a very short input current as a consequence (but only into the coil). This causes a magnetic field to build quickly, and in the BLANK segment, this field collapses which causes a current TRYING to flow to keep the magnetic field at the same strength. This in turn turns the magnet with a higher force WITHOUT using (draining) the battery.
Then the SHORT segment is there to EXTEND the current flowing, and this lets the magnet rotor turn with an even greater force. Batteries gets part of the BEMF through the commutator and are charged that way.
Timing of these segments is extremely important and Newman says each build has his own tuning or exact timing of these segments with respect to the position of the magnet rotor.

Then the Eureka communtator. This one keeps me puzzling. How did Newman go from the multi segment commutator to the big one with only four copper segments? And, were they interconnected as you think they are?
Geoffrey talks a little bit about it in his presentation. It starts at 51:38. Can anybody tell me what it means when he says "you put a 45 here and a 45 here (on the other side)"? Is he referring to the position of the brushes? Because the small commutator is covered with a complete ring of copper.
Then he says: "you go from 12 to 3 o'clock with a copper strip, and from 6 to 9 o'clock with another strip of copper. Then you connect the small copper ring on the front to one of the strips, and the small copper ring on the back gets connected to the other copper strip. And that's it."
So vidbid, you may want to listen to this, and I guess you will make some adjustments in your design accordingly.
Q: were the other segments (assuming there were four) connected to something? Interesting question. Geoffrey does not answer that one, so maybe he can here? Were they maybe used to flip the voltage polarity, as in the older commutator with the many segments?
Anyways, to my understanding, if Geoffrey is telling the truth, you need to remove the bridges, and connect either A1-A2 or B1-B2 to the small copper rings, as indicated by Geoffrey in the video.
This would allow for me to understand how the big machine can start on it's own. Connecting the voltage in the position where the voltage is applied to the coil would generate the magnetic field, hence a big torque on the magnet rotor through the interaction of the coils's electromagnetic field with the magnetic field of the magnets.
Of course, you will need to add in the big capacitors in your design to suppress the BEMF spike. Seems important to me.

Geoffrey further states in his presentation (a bit before the above mentioned description of the big commutator) that any build that presents an electronic way of pulsing cannot be a Newman motor. He says you need the commutator. I wonder if that is true and I'm planning to find out when I have the 15-C2 (Ch. 6 book) or 22-K1 (p. 67 book) on my bench and getting ready to replace the mechanical (moving) parts with an electronic version.
That is going to be a wonderful journey. I think the combination of Bedini's electronic inventions and Newman inventions together with Babcock's switching technology could well produce an highly efficient small home unit that produces enough energy for daily use, without having to use huge amounts of pounds of wire or lots of PV panels on my roof.

If only they could have gathered together, like the three musketeers, they would have had so much breakthrough power. So now, it's up to us, develop the thing and make it all open source so everybody can build one for his own use.

Can't wait to get going.

pjotterkjen
__________________
 

Last edited by pjotterkjen; 08-31-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: adding comment
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 08-31-2017, 06:26 PM
vidbid's Avatar
vidbid vidbid is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,707
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjotterkjen View Post
Yes, it sure is!
In my understanding from what is written in the book, the BLANK allows no current to COMPLETE the circuit and thus prevents the current to go back to the input voltage source (all those tiny batteries in series). This prevents the batteries from draining quickly. So, only high voltage pressure is used, and a very short input current as a consequence (but only into the coil). This causes a magnetic field to build quickly, and in the BLANK segment, this field collapses which causes a current TRYING to flow to keep the magnetic field at the same strength. This in turn turns the magnet with a higher force WITHOUT using (draining) the battery.
Then the SHORT segment is there to EXTEND the current flowing, and this lets the magnet rotor turn with an even greater force. Batteries gets part of the BEMF through the commutator and are charged that way.
Timing of these segments is extremely important and Newman says each build has his own tuning or exact timing of these segments with respect to the position of the magnet rotor.

Then the Eureka communtator. This one keeps me puzzling. How did Newman go from the multi segment commutator to the big one with only four copper segments? And, were they interconnected as you think they are?
Geoffrey talks a little bit about it in his presentation. It starts at 51:38. Can anybody tell me what it means when he says "you put a 45 here and a 45 here (on the other side)"? Is he referring to the position of the brushes? Because the small commutator is covered with a complete ring of copper.
Then he says: "you go from 12 to 3 o'clock with a copper strip, and from 6 to 9 o'clock with another strip of copper. Then you connect the small copper ring on the front to one of the strips, and the small copper ring on the back gets connected to the other copper strip. And that's it."
So vidbid, you may want to listen to this, and I guess you will make some adjustments in your design accordingly.
Q: were the other segments (assuming there were four) connected to something? Interesting question. Geoffrey does not answer that one, so maybe he can here? Were they maybe used to flip the voltage polarity, as in the older commutator with the many segments?
Anyways, to my understanding, if Geoffrey is telling the truth, you need to remove the bridges, and connect either A1-A2 or B1-B2 to the small copper rings, as indicated by Geoffrey in the video.
This would allow for me to understand how the big machine can start on it's own. Connecting the voltage in the position where the voltage is applied to the coil would generate the magnetic field, hence a big torque on the magnet rotor through the interaction of the coils's electromagnetic field with the magnetic field of the magnets.
Of course, you will need to add in the big capacitors in your design to suppress the BEMF spike. Seems important to me.

Geoffrey further states in his presentation (a bit before the above mentioned description of the big commutator) that any build that presents an electronic way of pulsing cannot be a Newman motor. He says you need the commutator. I wonder if that is true and I'm planning to find out when I have the 15-C2 (Ch. 6 book) or 22-K1 (p. 67 book) on my bench and getting ready to replace the mechanical (moving) parts with an electronic version.
That is going to be a wonderful journey. I think the combination of Bedini's electronic inventions and Newman inventions together with Babcock's switching technology could well produce an highly efficient small home unit that produces enough energy for daily use, without having to use huge amounts of pounds of wire or lots of PV panels on my roof.

If only they could have gathered together, like the three musketeers, they would have had so much breakthrough power. So now, it's up to us, develop the thing and make it all open source so everybody can build one for his own use.

Can't wait to get going.

pjotterkjen
The book is a good starting place, no doubt.

I think a good finishing place is building a Newman motor based on Big Eureka, specifically, the Big Eureka commutator.

There's only two rotating contacts, though, they are segmented. I think that there are about four segments per contact, but then there is the copper shorting band (so-termed by me,) and I see not mention of that in his book, and that would be because it came later, I believe.

So, there's my two cents on it.

__________________
Regards,

VIDBID
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 08-31-2017, 08:14 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
Deleted that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidbid View Post
Have you watched the Newman Movie that came out in 2016?
Vidbid,
I deleted that post you quoted. After watching the presentation again, it proves I was wrong to post that statement.

What I saw the second (and some parts third or fourth) time the following:
1. Eureka had a primary and secondary or motor and generator winding.
2. 5 awg winding single winding and 38 awg multi-strand parallel winding on top of the first.
3. Must be large quantity of magnet wire to get Newman Effect. Size and mass matters.
4. Geoffrey says nothing at all about "shorting segments" on either type of commutator. Only that a segment from 12:00 to 3:00 connects to one battery pole. And another segment from 6:00 to 9:00 connects to the other battery pole.

But everyone must come to own understanding of this machine. I'm building a much smaller size that I'm sure will not show the Newman Effect. But to understand how to build something usable this is good practice and insight for myself. I'll never afford a 7000 lb(forgot weight) unit like the Eureka, but want to build a motor/generator size unit eventually. Geoffrey mentioned this also. How to get massive amounts of wire(for Newman Effect) in smaller unit is going to be a challenge. Newman did put a motor size unit in his "red" car.

Just my observations and thinking,
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

For One-Time Donations, use admin@ this domain > energeticforum.com

Choose your voluntary subscription

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers