Energetic Forum  
Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Delicious Digg Reddit WordPress StumbleUpon Tumblr Translate Addthis Aaron Murakami YouTube 2019 ENERGY CONFERENCE - ONLY 150 118 99 71 63 SEATS AVAILABLE!

2019 Energy Science & Technology Conference
ONLY 150 118 99 71 63 SEATS AVAILABLE - LIMITED SEATING
Get your tickets now: http://energyscienceconference.com


Go Back   Energetic Forum > >
   

Renewable Energy Discussion on various alternative energy, renewable energy, & free energy technologies. Also any discussion about the environment, global warming, and other related topics are welcome here.

* NEW * BEDINI RPX BOOK & DVD SET: BEDINI RPX

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4381  
Old 11-30-2018, 05:12 AM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
Scope?

Yes. Several hundred times. I have done hundreds and hundreds of tests on this system. I know what it is capable of and WHY. This is just a toy to get people to see that these principles are real. Build it or don't. I don't really care.
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda

Last edited by Turion; 11-30-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Reply With Quote

Download SOLAR SECRETS by Peter Lindemann
Free - Get it now: Solar Secrets

  #4382  
Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 AM
ricards ricards is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by bistander View Post
Hi ricards,

Yes, here I am. I built Turion's 1bgs and never got any decent answers. So when I saw some talk of balance, I was curious enough to ask. Then just wanted citfta's opinion on something.

Pulse current in this case is due the modification which Matt does in the motor. This mod shifts commutation to a point where the armature coils actually cross over to opposite polarity field magnets. For a short time (pulse duration) the motor operates as a generator with reverse current. Supposedly this reverse current pulse travels back to the source battery giving it a charge pulse, which I don't argue about. Gotoluc and I think tinman did video experiments with scopes to demonstrate this. I'll paste it below. My whole question here was about this negative pulse being blocked by the boost converter. Motivation stems from being skewered for not using a Matt modded motor in my 1bgs when I don't think it would have made any difference anyway.

Regards,

bi
bi,

I think you're being rejected and booted off because you insist that you know better yet you have only tried once.

what are your intentions anyway?. are you here to look at this closely or discredit this?. or just killing time?

what exactly are you trying to point?.
maybe I can answer in a way that can satisfy you.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4383  
Old 11-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
Wrong

You did not build ďTurionísĒ 3BGS, because you did not use a modified Razor Scooter motor in your build. I went through a detailed explanation of HOW we came to realize the importance of that motor in the circuit and discussed your chances of success without it. I stated that without it the system HAD to be tuned and even THEN it is a hit and miss prospect.

So your ďclaimĒ to have replicated The 3BGS is an outright lie. You might as well claim to have built a flying saucer.

Now with a stock off the shelf motor you MAY be able to get it to work if you tune the system, and I have posted instructions for that, but no promises.
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda
Reply With Quote
  #4384  
Old 11-30-2018, 05:08 PM
bistander bistander is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,488
No lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
You did not build ďTurionísĒ 3BGS, because you did not use a modified Razor Scooter motor in your build. I went through a detailed explanation of HOW we came to realize the importance of that motor in the circuit and discussed your chances of success without it. I stated that without it the system HAD to be tuned and even THEN it is a hit and miss prospect.

So your ďclaimĒ to have replicated The 3BGS is an outright lie. You might as well claim to have built a flying saucer.

Now with a stock off the shelf motor you MAY be able to get it to work if you tune the system, and I have posted instructions for that, but no promises.
I have never said I built a 3bgs, just the single battery 1bgs.

bi
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4385  
Old 11-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
You are NEVER going to get it are you?

Bi.
No, you did NOT build the single battery circuit as you claim. If you did not use a Matt motor you didnít REPLICATE anything. Period. You got no results because you DID NOT REPLICATE what we designed. If I say it ten more times will it sink in? Didnít think so. Your results are WORTHLESS, therefore your opinions and conclusions are WORTHLESS because they are based on faulty data. If you are not going to build it correctly please DISCONTINUE posting on this thread as you have NOTHING to contribute. There are plenty of other threads you can join and not build the proper circuit. Iím sure they would welcome your half/assed build and subsequent data and observations and conclusions with open arms. I do not. I welcome ANYONE who has built the proper circuit and will bust my butt to help them get it to the point where they are seeing PROPER results. You I have NO patience with. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda
Reply With Quote
  #4386  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:27 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Saturday thoughts

7:45 am with heavy rain a cup of hot java to kick the brains and this thread to just sit, think and hope.

Turion I can't finish the upright Lenz free generator until early next year. I want to use something as a generator until then. Don't think the single battery circuit will produce without a lenzless generator.

Just wondering if anyone has had any attempts with other types generators? I do have several I could try.

Want to hear some ideas from any "builder" or thinking to build.

Thanks and time to nuke the ole coffee.
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4387  
Old 12-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
Delay

Wantomake,
Doesnít sound like itís a time issue completing the generator, so it must be a finance issue, which means a parts issue. Let me know what you need and I may already have it. Iím trying to reduce my inventory as I move stuff to the new house.
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda
Reply With Quote
  #4388  
Old 12-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Matthew Jones's Avatar
Matthew Jones Matthew Jones is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bistander View Post
This is exactly what I said in post #4359. Guess I need to draw a picture. And this is how Matt has described the charge pulse from his modded motor. The blue arrows represent the intended path of the charge pulse current from the Matt modded motor back to the source battery. However there is a diode inside the boost converter which blocks current in this direction.
So you seen all the movies in which the power supply caps rise from the return current. Thats the same thing that happens to the boost converter. The cap loads up beyond the nominal voltage. While thats happening the controller will limit the duty cycle and the amount of current flowing out.
The amount of power returned to the cap is marginal at best because of the hysteresis in the iron. Also, the cause of the heat.

The arrows are technically wrong but at the same time the same effective action is happening, the battery is just distributing less power.

Its not hard to see if you put a scope on it. And not just selectively before you film.

I do not understand the on going insistence to keep doubting everything, but then again thats why I am not making attempt to have an ongoing threads. Most of you are too broke or too scared to step outside of your comfort and try anything.

Cheers
__________________
ADD BROMIKEY TO YOUR IGNORE LIST He is a saboteur bent on the systematic distraction of every good topic on this forum and since he has been here most working threads have shut down. He is the enemy. If you have blocked him already add this to your signature and encourage others to block him as well. His onslaught of rambling in large text and his constant attempts to misinform at the excuse of being stupid should no longer be tolerated.

USER CP/Ignore list.
Reply With Quote
  #4389  
Old 12-01-2018, 06:22 PM
bistander bistander is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,488
Back to the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
So you seen all the movies in which the power supply caps rise from the return current. Thats the same thing that happens to the boost converter. The cap loads up beyond the nominal voltage. While thats happening the controller will limit the duty cycle and the amount of current flowing out.
The amount of power returned to the cap is marginal at best because of the hysteresis in the iron. Also, the cause of the heat.
...
Thank you Matt,

This is what I've been talking about. The current pulse never reaches the source battery due to the presence of the boost converter. Hence my question: Why did I need to use your modded motor in the 1bgs system which I built and tested?

Like you told me here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
@BI ... Thats modified motor which you have no experience with at 24 volt runs about 1.5 amp no load. The jumpy current is because the motor discharges back to source, a good portion of we put in it and the BEMF. ...
Matt

Cheers to you,

bi
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4390  
Old 12-01-2018, 08:20 PM
kenssurplus kenssurplus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
7:45 am with heavy rain a cup of hot java to kick the brains and this thread to just sit, think and hope.

Turion I can't finish the upright Lenz free generator until early next year. I want to use something as a generator until then. Don't think the single battery circuit will produce without a lenzless generator.

Just wondering if anyone has had any attempts with other types generators? I do have several I could try.

Want to hear some ideas from any "builder" or thinking to build.

Thanks and time to nuke the ole coffee.
wantomake
Hi James, I am working on a permanent magnet motor / generator very much similar to the South-African developer's version described here:

http://free-energy-info.co.uk/SChapter6.pdf

Apparently, the generation effects sought for are achievable without using a magnet rotor, but I was planning on using one anyway so that I could visually see whats happening. At the moment, however, I AM too broke to do anything - waiting on enough funds to afford super glue to keep those magnet bullets in place.

Recently had enough motivation to go through my windmill / solar battery system and throw out about 20 bad batteries. Almost all of them have internal shorts that cause them to heat up and suck all the voltage out of my system.

I did want to experiment with a solenoid motor / generator by converting an old china diesel motor to a one lung solenoid magnet motor. I had wanted to incorporate extreme repelling force of caps charged up to several K.V. then discharged into coils. You can find demos of this tech from Ismael Aviso from the Philippines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxA6fDe3J6c&hl=en&fs=1&">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxA6fDe3J6c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCsVPmEjyQ&hl=en&fs=1&">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCsVPmEjyQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
and Dimitry from Russia. But I realized that most of the mechanical energy released will be ate up in internal friction of the engine, with not much left over to use to drive a generator.

I don't have any suitable motors to modify for a Matt-motor conversion, or proper voltage dc-dc converters to try the 3bgs system. But I would like to at least achieve some success in one of these systems before I die.
__________________
 

Last edited by kenssurplus; 12-01-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4391  
Old 12-01-2018, 11:04 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
Wantomake,
Doesnít sound like itís a time issue completing the generator, so it must be a finance issue, which means a parts issue. Let me know what you need and I may already have it. Iím trying to reduce my inventory as I move stuff to the new house.
Turion,
You are correct. These are the parts I have:
1 modified Matt motor 1016
1 rotor you sent me with magnets
1 coil wound to specs
1 boost module 10 amp
1 threaded axle with various nuts and such

Of course hardware and such no problem. Mostly the upright vertical holders is the most expensive for this build.

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4392  
Old 12-01-2018, 11:19 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Feel your pain brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenssurplus View Post
Hi James, I am working on a permanent magnet motor / generator very much similar to the South-African developer's version described here:

http://free-energy-info.co.uk/SChapter6.pdf

Apparently, the generation effects sought for are achievable without using a magnet rotor, but I was planning on using one anyway so that I could visually see whats happening. At the moment, however, I AM too broke to do anything - waiting on enough funds to afford super glue to keep those magnet bullets in place.

Recently had enough motivation to go through my windmill / solar battery system and throw out about 20 bad batteries. Almost all of them have internal shorts that cause them to heat up and suck all the voltage out of my system.

I did want to experiment with a solenoid motor / generator by converting an old china diesel motor to a one lung solenoid magnet motor. I had wanted to incorporate extreme repelling force of caps charged up to several K.V. then discharged into coils. You can find demos of this tech from Ismael Aviso from the Philippines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxA6fDe3J6c&hl=en&fs=1&">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxA6fDe3J6c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCsVPmEjyQ&hl=en&fs=1&">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCsVPmEjyQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
and Dimitry from Russia. But I realized that most of the mechanical energy released will be ate up in internal friction of the engine, with not much left over to use to drive a generator.

I don't have any suitable motors to modify for a Matt-motor conversion, or proper voltage dc-dc converters to try the 3bgs system. But I would like to at least achieve some success in one of these systems before I die.
Ken,
Thanks for the link. I understand about the battery banks for the solar. Strange as this sounds, some of my batteries are over 8 years old. I've used them in the 3BGS setup and that sweet pulsing kept them healthy. As long as I watched and kept electrolytes healthy the batts were good.

As far as the generator goes I'll see what happens with the upright. I also want to do this exactly as specs are posted here to see this baby turn out some power. Power for what you ask....my space ship of course.


wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4393  
Old 12-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Sawt2's Avatar
Sawt2 Sawt2 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 123
As I’m rewinding another motor, I’m curious if anyone has experimented with more windings. Would more wire help or hinder? Just a thought.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4394  
Old 12-09-2018, 12:27 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawt2 View Post
As I’m rewinding another motor, I’m curious if anyone has experimented with more windings. Would more wire help or hinder? Just a thought.
I did try once a thicker awg wire multiple filar. Motor got very hot. But satisfied my unscientific curiosity. If I remember right Matt did try many different windings before finding best one.

But no harm trying it if teaches something.

Just sitting and watching snow/sleet storm with hot coffee. Let us know if you find anything different.

wantomake
__________________
 

Last edited by wantomake; 12-09-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4395  
Old 12-10-2018, 09:58 AM
RAMSET RAMSET is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC and Conn USA
Posts: 1,382
maybe... just maybe ??

Note
as always i will remove this post in a heartbeat if asked by Matt or Dave
-----------------------------------------

below is for Matt and Dave [and all IMO]

Matts motor ran/runs hot [real hot] ,and has lots of iron


some are starting a Daniel McFarland Cook replication [which will be shared here too in dedicated thread],and trying to source the proper [period correct] iron wire.....Jim Boot shared this link yesterday

Iron Rod - online catalogue source - supplier of research materials in small quantities - Goodfellow

snip from the link
Depending upon the temperature, pure iron can exist in three forms, namely alpha-, gamma- and delta-iron; alpha iron is a polymorphic form of iron which is stable below 906C; it has a body centred cubic lattice (bcc) and is magnetic up to 768C. Gamma iron is a polymorphic form of iron which is stable between 906C and 1403C; it has a face centred cubic lattice (fcc) and is nonmagnetic (n.b. its range of stability is reduced by the presence of carbon, manganese and nickel and it is the basis of the austenite solid solutions). Delta iron is the polymorphic form of iron which is stable between 1403C and the melting point; it has the same lattice structure as alpha iron.
end snip

we also know funny things are happening with heat and other metals [Celani and others work ]

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...h_temperatures
-----------------
to note : Celani work evolving here [and elsewhere]
Hydrogen + metal = surprising reactions without plasmas
------------------

Could there be a gain mechanism associated with this heat and iron at the Micro level and
the wild conditions manifest in Matts motor ??
Domain flipping or manipulation at low power levels has huge potential....

one thing is certain

there is much to learn and there are some really hot experiments on the open source table ATM


respectfully
Chet K
PS to add comment for bystander below
yes these things are self evident ,however Micro reactions or atomic or ?? and "whatifs" must not be ruled out.
not magic thinking just being thorough based on present ever evolving scientific investigation/understanding
.
__________________
 

Last edited by RAMSET; 12-10-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4396  
Old 12-10-2018, 03:21 PM
bistander bistander is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,488
Matt modded motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMSET View Post
...
Matts motor ran/runs hot [real hot] ,and has lots of iron
...
Hi Chet,

Matt's modified motor has the same iron as the unmodified motor he starts with. That is not a lot of iron IMO. The modification deals strictly with the winding and commutation. I suspect the excess heat comes from copper loss, not iron. This is measured by I squared R. But I, or current, needs to be an RMS value, not average.

The temperatures you mention are above the Curie point of ceramic magnets and well in excess of the what the winding insulation can tolerate.

Regards,

bi
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4397  
Old 12-11-2018, 12:39 AM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricards View Post
bi,

I think you're being rejected and booted off because you insist that you know better yet you have only tried once.

what are your intentions anyway?. are you here to look at this closely or discredit this?. or just killing time?

what exactly are you trying to point?.
maybe I can answer in a way that can satisfy you.
I think this post says it all.

wantomake
PS: ignore list
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4398  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:17 AM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
Progress

I wish I could update you guys on what is going on and where this journey has taken us, but unfortunately I cannot. Some day you will realize that the answers you have all been searching for were in the two major threads we have started here, and that the basic information is all here and was just ignored. You have no idea how many times i have just shaken my head and said "If they only KNEW!" We have some things we intend to do before we show anything more on this thread than we already have, but maybe I can find the time to shoot some video to prove what we have disclosed so far.

I did find an already rewound rotor for a Matt motor, so if I get a little free time over the holiday to put one together, I will try to do that. Then I can run the Matt motor off a fully charged battery, turning a stock motor as a generator and running a light as a load off the generator. I can measure how many watts the generator was able to put out to the light before the battery runs down using a traditional circuit.

Then I can run the Matt motor with our circuit on that same battery, with the boost module in place, and show how many watts went from the generator to the light bulb before the battery runs down. That should be a fair test, and easy to do. It is also far less time consuming that running a three battery baseline and comparing that to running three batteries with our circuit.

Anyway, that's the plan. I have to balance the thing before I put it together, and I have to find the rest of the parts for it, but I have lots of razor scooter motors around here that are in pieces, so that shouldn't take much time. I just need a couple square feet of bench space and right now that's the hardest thing to come by.

I'm still months away from having any real free time, but it may be possible to squeeze in a few things. If I get the shelves built I am hoping to get built this weekend, I will have room to get enough stuff off the floor that maybe I can get one of my generators on a cart over here and start winding coils to get it put back together. I have all the wire, but winding 10 new coils just takes a lot of time, and the ones I have are slag from overheating. So it will take me a while.
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda
Reply With Quote
  #4399  
Old 12-14-2018, 01:25 PM
bistander bistander is online now
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,488
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
....
Then I can run the Matt motor with our circuit on that same battery, with the boost module in place, ...
A humble request, if you don't mind. Please take a scope screenshot of the battery current with and without the boost converter. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

bi
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4400  
Old 12-14-2018, 08:55 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Forward

Turion,
Hope is alive with prayer and expectations of good news from you. Yes prayer and hope. I'm happy to just have seen with my own eyes and hands the proof of this concept. Nothing said here can take that from me.

You get done and forget about sending any parts to me. Finish all you've started. Home, shop, project. These are so much more important, which stands without saying.

Take care and will always cherish the 3BGS memories.

wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4401  
Old 12-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
??

Wantomake,
From what you said, it appears you need the whole coil holding apparatus. You said the 3/4 plywood you used warped. I would bet you did not use the PC couplers epoxied in place. If you do that, and put spacers between the plywood, it won't warp. I know this for a fact, because that is the very first build I did to prototype my current build using acrylic plastic. Mine was all glued together, and it was as solid as a rock. I only went to the plastic for the looks, and because I wanted something a machinist could produce. I don't have that original anymore, because I just didn't have the room for all these different versions of the same thing when the new one is better. Well, maybe not BETTER, but way cooler looking at least.
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda

Last edited by Turion; 12-14-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4402  
Old 12-14-2018, 11:13 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
True assessment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
Wantomake,
From what you said, it appears you need the whole coil holding apparatus. You said the 3/4 plywood you used warped. I would bet you did not use the PC couplers epoxied in place. If you do that, and put spacers between the plywood, it won't warp. I know this for a fact, because that is the very first build I did to prototype my current build using acrylic plastic. Mine was all glued together, and it was as solid as a rock. I only went to the plastic for the looks, and because I wanted something a machinist could produce. I don't have that original anymore, because I just didn't have the room for all these different versions of the same thing when the new one is better.
Yes and mostly the two end brackets holding the bearings in place warped worst.

I was in process of changing the two end pieces from wood to aluminum when stopped working on the project.

Still have all the spacers and parts. Maybe one day will put it all back together again.

Thanks for the tip,
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4403  
Old 12-16-2018, 06:42 AM
Turion's Avatar
Turion Turion is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,685
Parts

Wantomake,

I was over at the old house today getting some things I needed out of my shop, and I noticed a set of bearing blocks lying on the counter. These are "L shaped pieces of solid steel with holes drilled in them for mounting to the bench with screws, and a large hole drilled with the bearing pressed in. I'm not at all sure if the bearings are the correct size and I didn't have time to check today, but if you are interested, I will run over there tomorrow or Monday and check to see if the bearings are the correct size for the shaft that fits the rotor I sent you. That would end your problem with the bearing holder warping, because these definitely won't warp and can be screwed down. The only problem MAY be the hight of the bearing above the bench. They are from an older build, so the hight might not be correct, and you might have to put a spacer under either them or the coil holder to get them to line up at dead center. Anyway, just a thought if you are still thinking about building the generator. You will STILL need more than just one coil to see any positive results, but you would be able to see speed up under load and magnetic neutralization no matter HOW many coils you have.

I quit using these because of the pressed in bearings, and went to a flange bearing that cannot be pulled OUT of the mount because of the flange by continued vibration over time. With powerful neo magnets pulling the rotor toward the stator, pressure is applied to pull the bearing OUT of the mount, and I didn't like the thought of that. It was a safety issue for me. With all the things I have had go WRONG, eliminating every possibility for a problem was something I worked on as I modified my original design time and time again. I NEVER had a pressed in bearing pull out, but I also never had a rotor explode..... until one did. So it's not like I would be giving you something that is defective, and you could certainly replace the bearings with flange bearings or tapered bearings that cannot pull through. It is really JUST the bearing holders I am offering, although the bearings are in them. Just to be clear. I want NO liability if the bearings come out! I have enough stuff to deal with already.

Dave
__________________
"I aim to misbehave" Malcolm Reynolds
"Try Not! Do or do not. There is no 'Try' ". Yoda

Last edited by Turion; 12-16-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4404  
Old 12-16-2018, 06:50 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Re-designing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
Wantomake,

I was over at the old house today getting some things I needed out of my shop, and I noticed a set of bearing blocks lying on the counter. These are "L shaped pieces of solid steel with holes drilled in them for mounting to the bench with screws, and a large hole drilled with the bearing pressed in. I'm not at all sure if the bearings are the correct size and I didn't have time to check today, but if you are interested, I will run over there tomorrow or Monday and check to see if the bearings are the correct size for the shaft that fits the rotor I sent you. That would end your problem with the bearing holder warping, because these definitely won't warp and can be screwed down. The only problem MAY be the hight of the bearing above the bench. They are from an older build, so the hight might not be correct, and you might have to put a spacer under either them or the coil holder to get them to line up at dead center. Anyway, just a thought if you are still thinking about building the generator. You will STILL need more than just one coil to see any positive results, but you would be able to see speed up under load and magnetic neutralization no matter HOW many coils you have.

I quit using these because of the pressed in bearings, and went to a flange bearing that cannot be pulled OUT of the mount because of the flange by continued vibration over time. With powerful neo magnets pulling the rotor toward the stator, pressure is applied to pull the bearing OUT of the mount, and I didn't like the thought of that. It was a safety issue for me. With all the things I have had go WRONG, eliminating every possibility for a problem was something I worked on as I modified my original design time and time again. I NEVER had a pressed in bearing pull out, but I also never had a rotor explode..... until one did. So it's not like I would be giving you something that is defective, and you could certainly replace the bearings with flange bearings or tapered bearings that cannot pull through. It is really JUST the bearing holders I am offering, although the bearings are in them. Just to be clear. I want NO liability if the bearings come out! I have enough stuff to deal with already.

Dave
Thanks for the offer but not sure as you said if the height of the bearings will match that of my coil holders.

I've been looking at your design and my build and they are different. I'm planning to recut a new set of holders(4) to match your design. The ones I cut don't match good because each is a little different in size.

Yes I do plan on more coils also. This was my first proof of concept. Hope to get to it soon.

Thanks again,
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4405  
Old 12-20-2018, 01:59 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Holiday Season and generators

Good rainy morning to All,
Coffee, rain and holiday shopping. My daughter asked what I wanted for Christmas. So we finally settled on a spool of mag wire to rewire the larger size my1060 scooter motor as a generator. Good gift I think.

After the holidays wind down I'll be hopefully redesigning and testing like Turion posted.

Time to nuke the coffee or head to breakfast with the wife.
Yes breakfast and good company.

If I keep this thread alive it's because this project is worth the effort.
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4406  
Old 12-22-2018, 02:24 PM
axxelxavier axxelxavier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
If I keep this thread alive it's because this project is worth the effort.
wantomake
I agree!
Finally, I have some time for my project, so I will post some updates.
I decided to give a try to 3BGS automatic switch project, though I am aware it will be a long and difficult process. My previous system was with 2 batteries and a boost converter, but after some tests in 3BGS configuration, the results was very encouraging.
First step was to create a semiautomatic system for switching the batteries, using for the beginning 4 push-buttons, which will command Arduino to switch 8 relays (12 volt each, actually 3 relays at the time). I am using now just 3 x 5 Amp batteries, and a fourth battery for Arduino and relays.
Well, this is my first result, as you can see also in the video.
https://youtu.be/9iEPh9Jon1w
The system is working, BUT, in one configuration (Battery 2+Battery 3 charging Battery 1) the polarity of the load is changing, so the + pole become „-”.
The only way I find to solve this is to add another 2, maybe 3 relays, which will increase the current draw to 150 - 180 mA... For bigger setups, up to 60 Amp batteries, I think is worthing this current draw. Later, when the system is set, I can use latching relays, and the current draw will be very low. The total current draw, now, at the arduino + 3 relays ON is between 120 mA (at 12 volts) and 100 mA (at 10 volts).
Unfortunately, because of the common ground issue, I cannot use n-mosfets on lower side, nor p-mosfets for high side, and i don't know other way to switch the batteries with a galvanic isolation.
Any suggestion? Is there other way to reverse polarity using discrete components?
Second step is to find a way to isolate the voltage divider resistor readings for sending to Arduino - I cannot use a common ground for those dividers, because of the different configuration of batteries connections.
I was thinking to use optocouplers... what do you think?

Best regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _ DSC_0002.jpg (307.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg _ DSC_0003.jpg (143.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg _ DSC_0005.jpg (193.1 KB, 26 views)
__________________
 

Last edited by axxelxavier; 12-22-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4407  
Old 12-23-2018, 01:12 PM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
Axxel,
Sorry our local ip is down since yesterday. Only my iPhone has connection to internet.
Your setup looks promising but Iíve not used Arduino much yet to switch the system. I did start learning how to program Arduino see the benefit of using such. Dave said the single battery circuit is also very good to work with. Thatís if you have motor and generator setup included in the circuit.

Hoping good results for you and Happy holidays,
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4408  
Old 12-24-2018, 05:44 PM
axxelxavier axxelxavier is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantomake View Post
Axxel,
...Dave said the single battery circuit is also very good to work with. Thatís if you have motor and generator setup included in the circuit.
Hoping good results for you and Happy holidays,
wantomake
I will try also the single battery circuit when I will have a second motor as generator. Main problem for me is the noise - I live with my family in a 2 room apartment, so I cannot run during the night anything noisy... So I HAVE to use something solid state or very silent...
This is my beta version, here:
https://youtu.be/hMYU4_T0DU0
Everyone, Happy Holidays, health, joy, and successful green energy projects!
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4409  
Old 12-25-2018, 02:22 AM
wantomake's Avatar
wantomake wantomake is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 903
The Box

Axxel,
I like the video even though can't see your build. But I think it's a good start to more exploring and growth.

Had to go back to my bedroom and send this, family wrapping gifts and told me to leave, hahaha.

Anyway I like the build with the box and good looking voltage meters in front.

Holidays and family has kept me out of the shop for now.

Merry Christmas to you, thanks for the video.
wantomake
__________________
 
Reply With Quote
  #4410  
Old 12-26-2018, 01:48 AM
Matthew Jones's Avatar
Matthew Jones Matthew Jones is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bistander View Post
Thank you Matt,

This is what I've been talking about. The current pulse never reaches the source battery due to the presence of the boost converter. Hence my question: Why did I need to use your modded motor in the 1bgs system which I built and tested?

Like you told me here.




Cheers to you,

bi
I told you effectively the power returned to the smoothing caps after the diode is not drawn from the top battery. The recovered energy is delivered to the charge portion of the battery after rerunning through the motor. This is a plus in total energy recovered. While keeping the motor running at high RPM's. You had a chance to test n this with minimal amount of work and very little financing similar the tests Gotoluc did but you declined it. Why? If you know how everything works and you know so much why then do you refuse to back it up. Why not take a look... Why not back up your poor excuse for a mouth with real data? Its just copper losses after all why not prove it? Its just whatever bull$hit anyone else chalked it up to being. Why not prove it with no cost to yourself.
I know why, cause its easier to talk than to research, and your just one of those kind of people.

None of you can even imagine the possibility in that little circuit.

Matt
__________________
ADD BROMIKEY TO YOUR IGNORE LIST He is a saboteur bent on the systematic distraction of every good topic on this forum and since he has been here most working threads have shut down. He is the enemy. If you have blocked him already add this to your signature and encourage others to block him as well. His onslaught of rambling in large text and his constant attempts to misinform at the excuse of being stupid should no longer be tolerated.

USER CP/Ignore list.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
save, system, generating, battery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Please consider supporting Energetic Forum with a voluntary monthly subscription.

Choose your voluntary subscription

For one-time donations, please use the below button.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2007-2015 Copyright - Energetic Forum - All Rights Reserved

Bedini RPX Sideband Generator

Tesla Chargers