Oil pulling for Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pulling for Health

I just found this natural method , that i will be applying to myself, so i figured i'd share it with you guys:

Oil pulling cleansing routine: for oral and systemic detoxification, fixing loose teeth and cavities, stopping tooth sensitivity, decay & abscesses, eliminating bleeding gums, strengthening and whitening teeth

Oil pulling for (dental) health
    Detoxification, fixing loose teeth, cavities & bleeding gums, tooth whitening and more

Oil pulling is a simple but apparently powerful DIY practice (also known from Ayurveda) reputedly drawing toxins from your oral mucosa & destroying mouth germs while stimulating bodily eliminations and increasing metabolism, thus reportedly leading to various (sometimes dramatic) healing benefits and enhanced health incl. (apparently) whitening of teeth, fixing/fastening loose teeth, eliminating bleeding gums and preventing cavities.
    I got sesame oil, so that is what' i'll be using

Oil pulling has been credited with a number of astounding oral health benefits since the times of Ayurveda, the oldest holistic healing system we know of. In Ayurveda, oil pulling is called "KAVALA GRAHAM", and the Charaka Samhita sutra sthana chapter states that “by oil pulling with til-taila (sesame oil), teeth are not affected with cavities and they become firm-rooted. Toothache and sensitivity to sour items will be healed and one will be able to chew the hardest items.”

According to oilpulling.org, Dr. Karach MD, the "author" of oil pulling, said: "The oil therapy heals tooth pain totally. Obvious results are re-fixing of loose teeth1 [which no dentist is able to do] the stopping of bleeding gums and the whitening of teeth." Apparently, oil pulling also removes dental infections, stops further tooth decay, and reduces/eliminates sensitivity of teeth. Quote: "[Oil pulling] is analgesic in relieving pain, antibiotic in eliminating infection, anabolic in fixing loose teeth, reduces sensitivity of teeth like sensodant and also ensures oral hygiene. OP makes this possible by its influence on the nervous system, endocrine and immune systems towards a state of balance-is health-from an unbalanced state-ill health."
    Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy, An Ancient Ayurvedic natural remedies for Great Health

http://www.oilpulling.com/PULLING%20...acharticle.pdf
    Last edited by MonsieurM; 11-02-2011, 04:09 PM.
    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Step1: First thing in the morning on an empty stomach and before drinking any liquids (including water), pour exactly one tablespoon of sunflower or sesame oil (or whatever oil you have chosen) into your mouth. We don't receommend doing this process at any other time. Children can also do this with less quantity of oil provided they have control and practice not to swallow the oil.

Step 2:

Swish the oil around in your mouth without swallowing it. Move it around in your mouth and through your teeth, as if it was mouthwash (don't tilt your head back to gargle though). You'll find that the oil will start to get watery as your saliva mixes with it. Keep swishing.If your jaw muscles get sore while swishing, you're putting too much into it. Relax your jaw muscles and use your tongue to help move the liquid around the inside of your mouth. When you do this correctly, you'll feel very comfortable. Pretty soon.

There is no right way or wrong way to swish and pull oil. Don't focus on doing it right. Do it with very natural movement. Do this gently, not vigorously, in a relaxed way for about 20 minutes.
    If you have the unbearable urge to swallow and If it becomes too unpleasant, spit out and try again. It can be a bit unpleasant at first when you’re not used to it, but soon won’t be bothersome at all, just like brushing your teeth.
    When the oil has become saturated with the toxins it has pulled out, it may become whitish and a thinner, milky consistency, depending on the type of oil used. Each time you oil pull, it can take a different amount of time to get to that point, so 20 minutes is a general rule of thumb, but you can experiment with this.

If you spit out before 20 minutes. start again, the process is to make the oil swish enough time in your mouth so that it becomes a white thik substance which is a indication of process completion.

Step3:

As the end of the oil pulling session approaches, Spit the oil out, then rinse the mouth with warm salt water. ( Just use normal table salt). Salt water rinsing isn’t absolutely necessary, but is very helpful as an antimicrobial and to soothe any inflammation and proven to be effective in rinsing out any toxins which may be left out in the mouth.

You can do the oil pulling every morning if you like, or several times a week. Because oilpulling method can be detoxifying, you might want to take a break sometimes. One immediate benefit everyone gets is, whiter teeth, clean mouth . There’s no rule about frequency - judge according to your own experience.

Pl. understand that this process works better in the morning. Don't try to do this any time of the day. If for some reason it is absolutely not possible for you to pratice this method in the morning, you can do this on an empty stomach at any time of the day. Empty stomach means the food is digested completely. Ideally after three or four hours of you taking any food. ( Lot depends on the food you are eating).

more on this here: Oilpulling Method

Comment

Thank you for sharing this MonsieurM
      PDF says to use refined oil but cold pressed sunflower or sesame would be the best choice. I would not recommend canola.

Vtech
      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

a pleasure blackchisel97,

slight update..fresh mouth after a few days of oil pulling...my mouth feels different in a good way....will see as i integrate it in my morning habit....

Comment

Guys,.
          Oil pulling is very simple. Basically all you do is rinse your mouth
          out with vegetable oil, much like you would with a mouthwash. As
          simple as it sounds, if done correctly it has a very powerful
          cleansing and healing affect not only on the mouth and sinuses, but
          the entire body.

Pasadena Personal Trainer
          Last edited by Alexbit; 12-03-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

small update...I started a new little mix...please do your research before you do the following

I am adding a few drops of essential oil to Sesame oil..when you pull oil, one of the bonuses is that it is like when people do tobacco chewing...some part of the oil gets in your blood.

now here is a link that got me thinking about adding essential oil:

Current Research Anti-Cancer Effects of Essential Oils

Oil Pulling

Prior to breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of coconut or other carrier oil and add 3-6 drops of essential oils.
            don't have access to it, but if i did , i would have tried it for oil pulling:

http://www.energeticforum.com/health...-ailments.html

Last edited by MonsieurM; 12-02-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

From: http://www.energeticforum.com/psychi...tml#post169812

I use Sesame Oil as Recommended...so It got me interested in the word Sesame...and look what i found

Sesame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The word sesame is from Latin sesamum, borrowed from Greek sésamon "seed or fruit of the sesame plant", borrowed from Semitic (cf. Hebrew sumsum, Arabic simsim, Aramaic shūmshĕmā), from Late Babylonian *shawash-shammu, itself from Assyrian shamash-shammū, from shaman shammī "plant oil".
              and Shamash is:

Shamash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shamash (Akkadian Šamaš "Sun") was a native Mesopotamian deity and the sun god in the Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian pantheons. Shamash was the god of justice in Babylonia and Assyria, corresponding to Sumerian Utu. Akkadian šamaš is cognate to Hebrew שמש šemeš and Arabic شمس šams.

---------------

Religion

According to Assyrian legend, when the gods met to create the world, they drank wine made from sesame seeds.

In Hindu legends and beliefs, tales are told in which sesame seeds represent a symbol of immortality and the God Maha Vishnu's consort Maha Sri Devi herself representing the properties of the sesame seed, as such it is considered as the most auspicious oil next to ghee used in Hindu rituals and prayers.

In Orissa, Raashi ladu (sweet made of sesame) is a must as an offering to Lord Ganesha. Black sesame seeds are mixed with grains of rice and offered to the manes. White sesame seeds mixed with rice are offered to the gods and seers of the Veda. Both of these offerings are called tarpanam. Sesame oil is used to pacify the malefic effect of Lord Shani (Saturn).

In Tamil literature and medicine, it has been mentioned as the "very good healthy" oil as such it is called Nala + Enney (Good Oil), old Tamil medicinal proverbs such as "ilaythavannakku yellum kohluthavanukkum kohlum"; meaning "prescribe for underweight/unnourished it boost up and also may apply for the overweight/corpulent as well to reduce down, sometimes misinterpreted as "prescribe sesame to underweight and horse gram to overweight" thus the word kohlum is mistaken for Horse Gram. Tamil medicine holds that gargling with sesame oil after brushing one's teeth will reduce gum disease and mouth ulcers while eliminating plaque. Taking a sesame oil bath with a simple self massage are considered mandatory in Tamil tradition at least once in a week on Wednesday and Saturday for male and Fridays for female as per quoted by a Siddha Yogic Tamil medicine philosopher Auvaiyaar as quoted "Sani Neeraadu" means at least take a full shower once a week with oil which will reduce ones body heat on a rest day which is Saturday for those who live in the hot humid tropical regions. According to Bhavishya-uttara-Purana, one who distributes sesame in charity (etc.) on day of Shat-Tila-Ekadashi, in the end of life comes back to home, back to Godhead, to spiritual world, abode of Lord Krishna.

In recent times, sesame seeds have become an ingredient in wiccan practices. Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen suggests their use to aid conception, to draw money, or for protection.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, but there is a little issue.
                Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy, An Ancient Ayurvedic natural remedies for Great Health
                is not working properly. Can you see the problem.
                Clarkston Personal Training

Comment

I do not deny with benefits of oil pulling but now we have many resources to maintain our mental and physical health condition.

Nutrition Data | Yoga Meditation | Zumba
                  Last edited by kathleenjames; 03-30-2012, 07:36 AM.
                  Fitness Articles | Nutrition Guide

Comment

Working...
                  X