Other way for watering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other way for watering

Hi guys I saw a guy putting bottles with water in the soil for watering plants. I think this was a good idea for plants not to dry so that they can take water by themselves.
    Any comments on this?
    Thanks

Bottles with water in soil..

I have not heard of this method, but it makes sense.

other methods include, not limited to: ->

in the Permaculture line

"Rain water harvesting"
    using both swales, and compost to store water.

Use of buried wood left to decay for some time it acts as a HUGE sponge which provides water even thru the hot months.

I use self watering containers, and aquaponics. I had considered puting containers in the ground to store water for plants, but can't tell how full the container is.. perhaps what we could do is a stick with a float in a straw, or even a dip stick...
    See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

One ingenious method that I have seen is the use of a Terracotta bowl (shaped like a fish bowl), which leaches water into the sounding soil. It was used on a roof top container garden, the owner of the garden would just top up the bowls, and they would do the rest.

. . .
      Regular service Signature:
      Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Farmers in Africa use also buried water filled clay pot next to their trees/crop
        Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Clarifing

To clarify the bottle of water was put upside down in the soil .
          Another thing interesting that I saw on youtube for self watering pot plants with a wick and a container of water under the pot.

Comment

Working...
          X