Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakthrough in Electronics...Eliminate Capacitors and Coils!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakthrough in Electronics...Eliminate Capacitors and Coils!

That from a 2002 article. Unlike so many other promising breakthroughs this is one that has been widely implemented.
    To further quote from the article: "The innovation, called Fractal Structure Circuit(TM) (FSC), uses fractalized conductor paths to replace the capacitors, inductors, and resistors in "RLC" circuits."
    And another quote: ""Virtually every electronic device uses coils and capacitors to form RLC circuits. These discrete components are arranged by tried and true rules to get the circuit to perform as needed. What we've done is ask: can a fractal pattern, with its self-capacitance and self-inductance, be used to eliminate components and still get the equivalent RLC circuit? We've found that the answer is yes; and in most uses, especially at microwave frequencies, all components can be replaced by conductive fractal patterns or 3D structures."
    And one more blurb from that article: " Looking at the Fractal Structured Circuit(TM) one sees, for example, a beautiful etched copper pattern replacing the usual traces connecting button or canned shaped capacitors and coils (or their SMT counterparts). "
    Here is the link to that article.
    Fractal Antenna Systems, Inc.
    Apparently it is in wide use in cell phones, their antennas and some microwave circuits.
    People are making homemade fractal HD antennas using coat hangers as one instance of using a common material.
    I think this feature; fractuals should be used in some builds to take advantage of a wideband of frequencies and resonance. Maybe it will be useful in the Muller/Romerouk build.
    For those that be interested google fractal circuits and fractal antennas.
    I do not have the resources/space/knowledge to do any builds at the moment but I am curious enough to verify if a HD antenna can be made simply using fractals and common materials.
    Any way something to consider.
    -RG signing off

Fractal Capacitors

"Unlike conventional metal-to-metal
    capacitors, the density of a fractal capacitor increases
    with scaling."
    That seems important to me.
    The above is a quote from this link;
    http://www.chic.caltech.edu/Publicat...actal_caps.PDF

Comment

Originally posted by clueless View Post
      "Unlike conventional metal-to-metal
      capacitors, the density of a fractal capacitor increases
      with scaling."
      That seems important to me.
      The above is a quote from this link;
      http://www.chic.caltech.edu/Publicat...actal_caps.PDF
      I have always thought that there is an "alternative" electronics theory and components. And some of the failure could be due that we use common electronics to perform uncommon results (cop>1). It's possible, but there is a way where this action can be performed more easily. Some time ago I saw that in a soviet country they have a very little known theory of electronics that implement new ways to understand it. I have no heard about it in the english-spoken community.

Comment

Those fractal "HD" Antennas don't work that great.

Lots of stuff on custom antennas here: Antenna Research & Development - Digital Forum

Comment

Thank you Clueless for the info, I found it is extremely useful in my research http://www.energeticforum.com/142797-post70.html

you da men
          Last edited by MonsieurM; 06-05-2011, 11:35 AM.
          Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

More specifics please

Originally posted by Vorg View Post
            Those fractal "HD" Antennas don't work that great.

Lots of stuff on custom antennas here: Antenna Research & Development - Digital Forum
            From Wikipedia: "A good example of a fractal antenna as a spacefilling curve is in the form of a shrunken fractal helix. Here, each line of copper is just a small fraction of a wavelength.

A fractal antenna's response differs markedly from traditional antenna designs, in that it is capable of operating with good-to-excellent performance at many different frequencies simultaneously. Normally standard antennas have to be "cut" for the frequency for which they are to be used—and thus the standard antennas only work well at that frequency. This makes the fractal antenna an excellent design for wideband and multiband applications."

And again from Wikipedia :
            "Many fractal element antennas use the fractal structure as a virtual combination of capacitors and inductors. This makes the antenna so that it has many different resonances which can be chosen and adjusted by choosing the proper fractal design. Electrical resonances may not be directly related to a particular scale size of the fractal antenna structure. The physical size of the antenna is unrelated to its resonant or broadband performance. The general rule of antenna length being near target frequency wavelength does not apply itself in the same way with fractal antennas."

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems that fractals are excellent for not only antenna design but as well for the cell phone itself. Anyway my interest was not so much with the antenna but the electrical properties of capacity,inductance, and resonance that might be more efficently employed in some of motor/generator designs that people are building here. I intend to look farther into this and hope that it arouses a few more people's interest to use it in various builds.
            It occurs to me that fractal design might be very useful for solar panels.

Comment

Sometimes I can't help myself

and can go for days on research when I find something interesting.
              Anyway I found this site that says the golden ratio is a fractal.Don't know anything about the writer; Dan Winter I think is his name, but there are some interesting things there. Some deal with hydrogen, electricity, gravity and the theory of everything. I don't understand math formulas but some here do and might follow what is said.
              Here is the link:
              Golden Ratio Fractality:Pure Implosive Self Organization

And the forum that I followed to get there.

Thunderbolts Forum • View topic - Fractal Field Theory - Applied Quantum Fractal Field Theory

Anyway I'd be interested in a program that would do the fractal math for different wavelengths. It would be revealing if you could design a fractal to target sunlight for instance.

Comment

Check out this thread, it gives a run down on all that has been said on the golden ratio:

http://www.energeticforum.com/new-me...dic-table.html

enjoy

Comment

MonsieurM thanks for that link.

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                  Check out this thread, it gives a run down on all that has been said on the golden ratio:

http://www.energeticforum.com/new-me...dic-table.html

enjoy
                  I'm not schooled in math,electronics nor chemistry so a lot of stuff goes over my head. I am however an inquisitive, curious and intuitive researcher and the identifier: " dodecahedral " stood out like a sore thumb in your link.
                  I googled fractal dodecahedral and this site emerged:

Fractal Field

While there is a lot of information on this site like dodecahedrals this hit me between the eyes...hard: "As a shape capable of producing the perfect fractal, the stellated dodecahedron can cause charges to scale, materialize and implode. While electric field theory has been slow to produce a model of a fractal electrical field, the stellated dodecahedron stands as its perfect 3-D realization."
                  Anybody care to elaborate? I'd appreciate it.
                  Clueless

Comment

this may be your answer:

Music and Geometry:
                    Standing Waves form Platonic Solids

"In 3D standing waves, a structure, with all characteristics of a platonic solid, is formed for each standing wave mode. Within an atom, which is the building block of matter, the platonic solid is not formed by salt or known particles, but by electromagnetic waves in vacuum.

Both the students of Buckminster Fuller and his protege Dr. Hans Jenny devised clever experiments that showed how the Platonic Solids would form within a vibrating / pulsating 3D sphere.

link:

Vibrations, Harmonics, Resonance, Waves and Reality
                    Concentric Hierarchy (Part 2)
                    Last edited by MonsieurM; 06-06-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X