Trees as radiant energy collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees as radiant energy collector

I was wondering if you guys thought of experimenting with trees as radiant collector:

i posted this in another thread but i figured it was worth having its own thread:

allow me to quote my post:

George O. SQUIER: Tree Antennas
    George O. Squier ~ Trees as Antennas ( Scientific American, June 14, 1919 & British Patent Specification # 149,917)

It is not a joke nor a scientific curiosity, this strange discovery of Gen. George O. Squire, Chief Signal Officer, that trees --- all trees, of all kinds and all heights, growing anywhere --- are nature's own wireless towers and antenna combined. The matter first came to his attention in 1904, through the use of trees as grounds for Army buzzer and telegraph and telephone sets, which, in perfectly dry ground and in a dry season, functioned poorly or not at all with ordinary grounds. Right then he began experiments with a view to seeing what possibilities, if any, the tree had as an aerial. But in 1904 radiotelegraphy was far more undeveloped than at present, and vacuum amplifying tubes were not thought of.

The New “Power Plants”: Trees Make Electricity?

It appears that a small electrical component company near Boston has figured out how to get electricity out of trees. MagCap Engineering is pretty sure they’ve come up on the next renewable energy revolution. By pounding a nail into the trunk and a conductor into the ground, a faint but consistent charge is detected in a wire running from the tree to the earth.
    The New “Power Plants�: Trees Make Electricity? : TreeHugger

could not find the rexresearch link

ps: i wonder what would happen if you use an SSG circuit OR Dr Stiffler's device on a tree? maybe the tree can be the radiant energy collector antenna (read below on fractal antenna)

you can even reproduce Tesla's Experiment using 2 similar trees and the 7Hz frequency as in the experiment in post#20 or just replace the test tubes with 2 trees

http://www.energeticforum.com/136257-post20.html

A better way to qualify nature as Fractal is the Constructal theory:

The constructal law puts forth the idea that the generation of design (configuration, pattern, geometry) in nature is a physics phenomenon that unites all animate and inanimate systems, and that this phenomenon is covered by the Constructal Law stated by Adrian Bejan in 1996: "For a finite-size (flow) system to persist in time (to live), its configuration must evolve such that it provides easier access to the imposed currents that flow through it."
    link:

Constructal theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

note: Just a thought if Most of nature's elements (trees, clouds, animals etc...) encompasses Constructal properties, they could be turned into "fractal"/"Constructal" antennas too (just have to know how)....makes you wonder about Tesla

more on this:

http://www.energeticforum.com/psychi...l-antenna.html

I really do hope you find this interesting enough to explore and experiment.
    Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-26-2011, 04:02 PM.
    Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
    I was wondering if you guys thought of experimenting with trees as radiant collector:

i posted this in another thread but i figured it was worth having its own thread:

allow me to quote my post:

I really do hope you find this interesting enough to explore and experiment.
    Hi Monsieur M,
    I saw a couple of youtube videos a while back while I doing some earth battery experiments. I was curious and like you thought it was very interesting. I tried it on a couple of trees and found that single tall trees work better that shorter trees or trees in a group or forest.
    Unfortunately it didnt produce enough electricity to be worth persuing. I had thought about combining them in some way and may still work on that some day but am busy with other experiments currently.
    Bizzy
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

Actually a better experiment would be to try the following just replace your test tube with 2 similar tree, except that one should be healthy and the other sick, i'm sure you'd see some improvement in the health of the sick tree (just a supposition):

A Nobel Prize winning biologist has ignited controversy after publishing details of an experiment in which a fragment of DNA appeared to 'teleport' or imprint itself between test tubes.

According to a team headed by Luc Montagnier, previously known for his work on HIV and AIDS, two test tubes, one of which contained a tiny piece of bacterial DNA, the other pure water, were surrounded by a weak electromagnetic field of 7Hz.

Eighteen hours later, after DNA amplification using a polymerase chain reaction, as if by magic the DNA was detectable in the test tube containing pure water.

hint: Water in both trees is your coils

Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-29-2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Earth batteries and plants

Another experiment which may be relevant to your question... I placed a magnesium wire with a copper wire at opposite ends of a flower pot and connect them to opposite ends of a capacitor.
        I was measuring volateg which was minmal until i placed several of them in a series.
        however my wife was watching the plant growth and she swears her flowers were much more vibrant and larger than other years.
        Now that I think about it once the rain stops and we can pot our flowers I may rig one pot as I descibed and the other with nothing to see how it grows. Or should I say IF the rain stops

Bizzy
        Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

I really think that water and minerals are taken up through plants in part by the voltage field between the sky and ground, so the sucking up of the water is the current flow, and the water and minerals are charged.

What if a plant had its roots in a container with either a conductive bottom, or a grid of conductors in the soil, and you connected a load between that and ground?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCaviTationIstic View Post
            I really think that water and minerals are taken up through plants in part by the voltage field between the sky and ground, so the sucking up of the water is the current flow, and the water and minerals are charged.

What if a plant had its roots in a container with either a conductive bottom, or a grid of conductors in the soil, and you connected a load between that and ground?
            No you make good sence...and my English spelling is terrable even though it is my first language, my German and Swiss german spelling is MUCh better..
            I agree that the planst act as a a kind of conduit for the power. However it is possable to use plants in pots. Try putting a circuit in a pot as i descibed then try putting them in a series or parrallel just treat each pot as a seperate battery.
            Bizzy
            Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCaviTationIstic View Post

You'll find your answer in the following links, link to growth of produce through electricity, think of it this way if it can receive, it can emit. So the effect you'll be reading about are mostly as a "receiving antenna". like the example of George O. SQUIER: Tree Antennas.

http://www.rexresearch.com/infolios/elcult1.pdf

http://www.rexresearch.com/infolios/elcult2.pdf

http://www.rexresearch.com/infolios/elcult3.pdf

ps: Not all experiments are related to this subject

hope it helps

Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-26-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

If we look at the tuning of the trees, by placement, for exact wavelengths....well i'll pass the shovel to whoever volunteers
                I mean, if such a condition exists, that distance sets up standing waves between the two trees, then one of them may have to be moved !
                Thin and tall and on their own...ok... A couple of Redwoods in a field would be best ? does foliage amount count ? root depth ? root spread ?

If we consider traditional Tesla towers, there would seem a point in thoughts of fiber density, as though the fibers of the tree are the gauge of the conducting wire. Hard wood, soft wood, some have got to be better than others for a multitude of reasons.
                It would be a fascinating experiment, to place a Primary coil at the base of a tree and pulse the coil from an exciter circuit.
                If the resident birds suddenly rocket skyward with streamers of plasma from their feet, then that would indicate success.

This is all fascinating and my humour is due to wonder and excitement for the possibilities. Will be glued to this topic, or should that be rooted

Comment

Good thing open source exist...got a couple of Ficus in 2 different pots, I'll see what i can come up with....

hope more will join in

Couple of photos taken from the links i posted

A picture is worth a thousand words

Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-26-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
                    If we look at the tuning of the trees, by placement, for exact wavelengths....well i'll pass the shovel to whoever volunteers
                    I mean, if such a condition exists, that distance sets up standing waves between the two trees, then one of them may have to be moved !
                    Thin and tall and on their own...ok... A couple of Redwoods in a field would be best ? does foliage amount count ? root depth ? root spread ?

If we consider traditional Tesla towers, there would seem a point in thoughts of fiber density, as though the fibers of the tree are the gauge of the conducting wire. Hard wood, soft wood, some have got to be better than others for a multitude of reasons.
                    It would be a fascinating experiment, to place a Primary coil at the base of a tree and pulse the coil from an exciter circuit.
                    If the resident birds suddenly rocket skyward with streamers of plasma from their feet, then that would indicate success.

This is all fascinating and my humour is due to wonder and excitement for the possibilities. Will be glued to this topic, or should that be rooted
                    Just wanted to say, that for the sake of starting experimentation of the concept, you must forgo all those questions for the moment, see first if there is an effect, then you start refining (that is my personal approach)

I would suggest you start with two same species (if you live in an apartment the higher the better i think) of tree/flower in similar pots and just try to replicate Dr Luc Montagnier's experiment or the following proposed by Slider2732

You MUST keep an open mind and use these methods as those successful have already used them to achieve success. Who are you willing to believe, those who have not succeeded or those who have?
                    Dr. Alexander Graham Bell
                    Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Here's a thought...a Bonsai power station !
                      i was thinking about that tree moving thing and decided a Bonsai garden might be a wonderful idea (for my back).
                      Quite feasibly, linked with the trick say of obtaining light from an LED by use of an AV to Ground etc, we could end up with a garden that self illuminates at night, has a water wheel feature and more...with no external electricity needed. The water wheel could be a Bedini/Muller/Romero wheel, generating power for a micro sprinkler that also waters the trees periodically.
                      Bonus being that you could probably charge your phone from it too..

We have a couple of Ficus here, except they're plastic and our kittens are normally sat in them

Comment

you tube

There are a couple of good youtube vidoes Unfortuneately I cant access them so heopefully can post the links tomorrow unless someone does sooner.
                        Just search "earh battery" in you tube and your
                        there was one of a guyr runing a calculatorfrom a couple of pots and another of two guys charging capacitors from a tree.
                        Bizzy
                        Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Here's a thought...a Bonsai power station !
                          i was thinking about that tree moving thing and decided a Bonsai garden might be a wonderful idea (for my back).
                          Quite feasibly, linked with the trick say of obtaining light from an LED by use of an AV to Ground etc, we could end up with a garden that self illuminates at night, has a water wheel feature and more...with no external electricity needed. The water wheel could be a Bedini/Muller/Romero wheel, generating power for a micro sprinkler that also waters the trees periodically.
                          Bonus being that you could probably charge your phone from it too..

We have a couple of Ficus here, except they're plastic and our kittens are normally sat in them
                          I think that the volume of water (being your coils for both trees or your tree) plays a major role in capturing radiant wave; a Bonzai being a tree "starved" of water would not do you much good.

Check this out:

Magnetic and electric effects on water

Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hmm, fair point
                            I would presume that rapid growth varieties in normal conditions may yield good results. Mind you, a cactus may be another idea. Time I quit waffling and tried all this out. Again squire, GREAT thread idea

The earth batteries are very cool. That's something else to look at.

Comment

Hmm, fair point
                              I would presume that rapid growth varieties in normal conditions may yield good results. Mind you, a cactus may be another idea. Time I quit waffling and tried all this out. Again squire, GREAT thread idea

The earth batteries are very cool. That's something else to look at.
                              That would be a great idea for another expeiment...a potted cactus verus a potted common flower that would get watered regularly
                              Bizzy
                              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

Working...
                              X