Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard to make this Monothermal battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard to make this Monothermal battery?

Monothermal; What Is It?; Clean Energy from Ambient Heat

This looks interresting and simple. Anyone try to make one or know anything about them?

Just a little bit of work has been done on that, though to my knowledge without knowing about the link you gave.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...rth-light.html
    Last edited by Inquorate; 05-26-2011, 02:43 AM.
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Great stuff

Thanks, Vorg. Without ever having seen that before, I did not know the art had advanced to that level. I have done some similar experiments but not exactly the same as what he has patented. Based on my personal experience I would say this is a promising way to proceed. There is enough information in the patents for one to reproduce the effect and extend the development in various ways. If you create a derivative product and decide to produce it commercially, you should consider licensing the patent so you don't get sued. After I get some more experience with the idea I may explore contacting them.
      There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

nope

Tested it.

Their numbers were heavily skewed and the performance is not good at all. Still has a SMALL galvanic component even though they don't care to admit it.

It isn't a real solution and just a waste of good copper and aluminium.

Comment

If it is just drawing electricity from ambient heat, I doubt that it works as well as claimed. I'm with teslaproject on this one.

Comment

Worth Investigating

For those of you who are seeing this thread for the first time, I would like to say I have successfully replicated the patent using AZ31B and Copper foil. It is by no means a "waste" of good materials as previous commenters have stated.
            If you follow the patent and Walter's description, you will learn that standard aluminum is NOT ideal for design. The previous commenter dismisses the device after stating in very vague terms that he has created it, yet posts no raw data of his results. I would expect that using aluminum he very well deserved to get a weak output from his embodiment. This results from a lack of understanding or possibly a lack of preferred materials.
            AZ31B is a great place to start because it has high magnesium content, yet due to the aluminum is still stable. Pure magnesium is very unstable in a humid environment, and ambient air nearly always contains humidity.
            I am currently experimenting with Chromium Oxide and Sulfur as my intermediary layers. I am consistently getting 1.4V nominal voltage with enough power output to run a small motor spinning a propeller in 75° ambient temperature. This motor runs until it is disconnected by the experimenter.
            If anyone is interested in my results, please comment below. I will gladly post if I know that someone is reading.
            For now, I wanted to make sure that this thread did not end with the previous comments.
            Last edited by FreedomFighter; 05-02-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Interested - I see AZ31B is readily available even on eBay for not much at all. China suppliers are only a dollar or two for a 4" x 4" sheet shipped. More details on the other ingredients would be of interest.
              There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Admittedly, I forgot all about this thread. A few years back, but after this thread, I saw a video where someone described that exact device and demonstrated a replication of it. The original video was taken down, but here's a followup:
                [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESGWYAHc7kg[/VIDEO]
                I probably thought it had just formed a battery when I first hear about it, but as the guy doing the experiment explains that it works like a solar cell with semiconductors that react to heat instead of light.

The invention really is a great way of making the public accept the idea of free energy without being too "out-there" for the mainstream to accept, because it simply produces energy from heat, but this time without needing both a hot side & a cold side unlike the Peltier effect. If a device were designed to function at very low temperatures & work in conjunction with a heat pump or something similar, it may be the first step to scientifically proving that zero-point energy can be used to produce power.

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomFighter View Post
                  For those of you who are seeing this thread for the first time, I would like to say I have successfully replicated the patent using AZ31B and Copper foil. It is by no means a "waste" of good materials as previous commenters have stated.
                  If you follow the patent and Walter's description, you will learn that standard aluminum is NOT ideal for design. The previous commenter dismisses the device after stating in very vague terms that he has created it, yet posts no raw data of his results. I would expect that using aluminum he very well deserved to get a weak output from his embodiment. This results from a lack of understanding or possibly a lack of preferred materials.
                  AZ31B is a great place to start because it has high magnesium content, yet due to the aluminum is still stable. Pure magnesium is very unstable in a humid environment, and ambient air nearly always contains humidity.
                  I am currently experimenting with Chromic Oxide and Sulfur as my intermediary layers. I am consistently getting 1.4V nominal voltage with enough power output to run a small motor spinning a propeller in 75° ambient temperature. This motor runs until it is disconnected by the experimenter.
                  If anyone is interested in my results, please comment below. I will gladly post if I know that someone is reading.
                  For now, I wanted to make sure that this thread did not end with the previous comments.
                  Interesting !!!
                  I have ordered some AZ31B and already have copper foil...
                  Can you please give some more information of how you have build your cells?
                  Where did you get your intermediary layers? Are they are the best you find?
                  Thank you!
                  Last edited by Wistiti; 04-21-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Great to see the success with monothermal cell of Walter Lovell.
                    Belongs up there with the invention of the photovoltaic cell.
                    Walter Lovell | Free Energy

In 2011 somewhere on Bedini earth light thread Brad_S had commented about
                    Lovells use of the mystery Aluminum/Magnesium alloy as we had discussed the galvanic problems with pure Magnesium.
                    I suggested the 91 series was developed for galvanic corrosion in automotive parts. JB thought that special inks for (spray on) thermal panels would be good idea from a business patent aspect.
                    Last edited by mikrovolt; 04-22-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikrovolt View Post
                      ... use of the mystery Aluminum/Magnesium alloy ...
                      I got the idea from that photo that either Al or Mg was suitable, depending on personal preference and availability [subject to the matter that Mg is more reactive and therefore might be better]. Is this wrong? Is there, indeed, a special alloy or mix that the invention relies on?

It would seem that this is his patent: 5945630. (and also 5989721).

http://www.pat2pdf.org/pat2pdf/foo.pl?number=5945630
                      Last edited by wrtner; 04-22-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

a very interesting topic

Rivals Photovoltaic ??

that would be something indeed.

thank s again.

Chet K
                        If you want to Change the world
                        BE that change !!

Comment

The contribution of the Lovell monothermal has technological significance for the thermal class of crystal cells. The conversation about it really is a good one
                          in order to bring out a better understanding of it. The patent is indeed relevant
                          however much of the patent is worded for protecting the usefulness by wider set of variations that could be made.

There was a time when the cathode rays were considered over studied
                          as compared to other parts of the spectrum. It was at this point that
                          steam engine analogies and electrolysis analogies began to cloud the
                          aether theories with a larger vocabulary during the ray era.

There were rivals in that period, so it would not surprise me that
                          we might indulge in similar feudal expressions.

A History of the Theories of Aether and Electricity: Vol. I: The ..., Volume 1 page 265
                          https://www.archive.org/stream/histo...ge/n5/mode/2up

on page 353 the term aether is still used as the "vehicle of mechanical momentum "
                          Last edited by mikrovolt; 04-23-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wistiti View Post
                            Interesting !!!
                            I have ordered some AZ31B and already have copper foil...
                            Can you please give some more information of how you have build your cells?
                            Where did you get your intermediary layers? Are they are the best you find?
                            Thank you!
                            Wistiti, thank you for your interest.
                            So far I have found that all the materials are available on eBay in small quantities suitable for experimenting.

I agree with other posters that (as is typical in the patent system) the inventor is likely to have left out certain details whether they be ideal materials or topological improvements that can be made.

In my experiments so far I have stumbled on to 3 things:
                            1) If the Sulfur contacts any of the metals directly, it will corrode the metals and slowly destroy the device.
                            2) The device can be made using only one intermediary layer.
                            3) The peak charge voltage from the device remained constant for the same size device using different materials.

My first model used the following:
                            AZ31B bound to Chromium Oxide with PVA using a 2:1 Cr2O3:PVA mix
                            Copper bound to Sulfur with PVA using a 2:1 Cr2O3:PVA mix
                            ** This model performed well with a peak voltage of 1.45V at 80 degrees ambient temperature but destroyed itself within about 5 days due to a lack of consideration for the Sulfur's corrosive tendencies. Before its demise, it was able to power a small *single* motor from a micro quadcopter with a voltage under load of about 0.4V. I was not able to collect data on the amp draw before ripping it apart and sanding the corroded surface away to expose fresh metal for the second test.

My second model was made exclusively for the purposes of a stable control test and used the following:
                            AZ31B bound to Chromium Oxide with PVA using a 2:1 Cr2O3:PVA mix
                            Copper with a coating of PVA ONLY
                            **There was no Sulfur in this model; only metals, binder, and Cr2O3 - it achieved the same peak voltage is the first model but with much lower instantaneous power output. It would NOT sustain the motor as the first model did.

Third model is going to require another post later today.
                            Last edited by FreedomFighter; 05-02-2017, 12:23 PM. Reason: corrected CrO3 to Cr2O3

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomFighter View Post
                              Wistiti, thank you for your interest.
                              So far I have found that all the materials are available on eBay in small quantities suitable for experimenting.

I agree with other posters that (as is typical in the patent system) the inventor is likely to have left out certain details whether they be ideal materials or topological improvements that can be made.

In my experiments so far I have stumbled on to 3 things:
                              1) If the Sulfur contacts any of the metals directly, it will corrode the metals and slowly destroy the device.
                              2) The device can be made using only one intermediary layer.
                              3) The peak charge voltage from the device remained constant for the same size device using different materials.

My first model used the following:
                              AZ31B bound to Chromium Oxide with PVA using a 2:1 CrO3:PVA mix
                              Copper bound to Sulfur with PVA using a 2:1 CrO3:PVA mix
                              ** This model performed well with a peak voltage of 1.45V at 80 degrees ambient temperature but destroyed itself within about 5 days due to a lack of consideration for the Sulfur's corrosive tendencies. Before its demise, it was able to power a small *single* motor from a micro quadcopter with a voltage under load of about 0.4V. I was not able to collect data on the amp draw before ripping it apart and sanding the corroded surface away to expose fresh metal for the second test.

My second model was made exclusively for the purposes of a stable control test and used the following:
                              AZ31B bound to Chromium Oxide with PVA using a 2:1 CrO3:PVA mix
                              Copper with a coating of PVA ONLY
                              **There was no Sulfur in this model; only metals, binder, and CrO3 - it achieved the same peak voltage is the first model but with much lower instantaneous power output. It would NOT sustain the motor as the first model did.

Third model is going to require another post later today.
                              Hi.I too am interested and have some materials on hand to experiment with
                              and am waiting for the az31b to arrive. What is the size of Your cells? Also have You tried phophorous instead of sulfur? If so what are the results.
                              Thank You.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X