Fukushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fukushima

Chernobyl had 180 tonnes of nuclear fuel.
    Fukushima has 1,760 tonnes of fresh and spent nuclear fuel.

what do you think would happen if that blows or goes into super nova?
    It is on the most geologically unstable location on the planet.
    Four different tectonic plates converge near that location.

There is a reason you all feel the urgency to find alternative fuel, beyond simply the cost of a kilowatt or a gallon of high octane.

Our very lives and the future of the earth is dependent on this.

Your first point is very valid
    From my understanding we have at least 3 reactors that have exploded, 5 in various stages of meltdown and at least 1 other in a critical condition already. This isn’t over yet

Comment

Initially the MSM told us that the radiation leakage was minimal and was not a health concern, which was true. But for those of us who have been follow this “event” we know that this "minimal" amount of radiation has been slowly increasing and at the same time the amount of MSM coverage has been slowly decreasing.
      I guess it has been decided that we must not unduly panic the sheeple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Scientist View Post
        Initially the MSM told us that the radiation leakage was minimal and was not a health concern, which was true. But for those of us who have been follow this “event” we know that this "minimal" amount of radiation has been slowly increasing and at the same time the amount of MSM coverage has been slowly decreasing.
        I guess it has been decided that we must not unduly panic the sheeple.
        Yes, MS, that definitely is what we are seeing happen, and here's one example:

I-131 (radioiodine), which serves as a marker for other products of radiation, is now being found in every place that it is looked for in the US. The Governor of Pennsylvania, allowing as how 33,000% the background radiation level ( and the allowable US government level of I-131) was being found in rainwater in his state said, "No one drinks rainwater, so there is no threat to human health!"

"No threat to human health," huh? I wouldn't believe that any more than I would believe Obama is a natural born citizen of the US. But don't worry, folks, surely the US Government, in the form of the Environmental Protection Agency, is ramping up efforts to protect us, right?. Yes, they are! And here's how they are doing that - they are raising the allowable levels of contamination in drinking water that can be present before an alert is sounded - nearly a 1000-fold increase for exposure to strontium-90, a 3000 to 100,000-fold hike for exposure to iodine-131; and an almost 25,000-fold rise for exposure to radioactive nickel-63”

I feel so much more at ease and reassured now, because of the EPA's actions, don't you?
        "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

Spend fuel rods don't need to "blow" or go supernovae, they can simply melt out of their containers and shed huge amounts of gamma radiation (as has happened there).... which is now leaking radiation into the Pacific at levels never before seen, even during atomic tests which are one-time events and not "24/7" like this is. It is unclear if even burying this huge mess under thousands of tons of boron and cement will stop this leakage.

Divers will probably have to stop-up or somehow collapse the underground tunnels there where the irradiated water reaches the sea; another suicide job as by now that area is very "hot". Tokyo Electric will have trouble finding more volunteers to die so they can maintain their energy monopoly, i suspect. So the Japanese government will have to phrase it as a national interest, as it of course is. Maybe one of the Navies can provide a remote control sub with explosives to close the tunnel? Dunno. That could backfire too.

There is another problem: It was discovered during the Chernobyl disaster that electronics quickly fail in high radiation fields.

Comment

I hate to say this but it is the duty of the military to protect us in the case of a national emergency. Why is it that our governments are not requiring the military to act?

Radiation forcast for the next few days http://transport.nilu.no/browser/fpv...133_;region=NH

Comment

As if the leaks through the tunnels and into the sea wasn't bad enough, today Japan began dumping 3 million gallons of the contaminated coolant directly into the Pacific Ocean in order to free up storage space for even more highly radioactive water that has hampered efforts to stabilize the reactors. The less-radioactive water that officials are purposely dumping into the sea is up to 500 times the legal limit for radiation.

Here is what a Japanese government official said to reassure everyone that the dumping posed no danger:
              "Radioactivity is quickly diluted in the ocean, and the dump should not affect the safety of seafood in the area."

Well yes, of course it becomes diluted upon entering the ocean, but consider this: If you would not risk eating a fish boiled in a pot full of this radioactive water, then would you feel any safer eating a fish that may have been swimming in it? Is any "seafood in the area" safe to eat?

Here is what Tokyo Electric has to say about the dumping:
              "We think releasing water with low levels of radiation is preferable to allowing water with high levels of radiation to be released into the environment," said Junichi Matsumoto, an official with plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co.

Well of course it is preferable if one or the other scenario is inescapable, but if the water can be pumped into the ocean then why can't the water be pumped into holding tanks instead? Too tricky, or too costly?
              Last edited by rickoff; 04-04-2011, 10:58 PM.
              "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

It is beginning to look like the MSM has pretty much determined that this “event” is now old news and no longer of interest to the general public however there are still others who have keep digging into this story. I found this article to be interesting.

» EPA to raise limits for radiation exposure while Canada turns off fallout detectors Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Comment

Remember, the legal limits have been raised drastically since the Fukushima disaster began. It looks like they may have to do it again.

No level of radiation is safe, so no contamination should be released but having said that we are not being told all the facts. Are the reactors about to go into full nuclear fission and the only chance of stopping this is to dump that water? We do not know.

All we do know is that they are still in fire fighting mode so that means that the situation is not yet under control.

This is a global disaster which was enabled by the greed of the globalists but now you see the people that were involved in promoting this industry, hiding from its consequences.

It is our duty to bring this information to those that are ignorant of it.

Comment

What can we do!

Now that the whole place is poisoned. Do we wait to die? What can be done.

Do we change our diet to counteract the effects? These people are just crazy!

Comment

I don’t really know what to do about the food problem, maybe eat storeable food that was manufactured before Fukushima in the short term but that won’t last forever.

What we must do is force our governments out of office and make them accountable for their actions, sue the organizations that have changed the food standards and force the phasing out of nuclear power.

How do we do that? Well it’s not easy but not too difficult either, we have to organize groups of people to go to the local government offices. Maybe 6 to ten different people per day, every day for a month and go in and protest. If each person puts in a signed petition, even if it is only half a dozen family members, they will soon get the idea and put the pressure on higher up. We do this with the promise that if they do not take action, we will by voting them out of their job. Make sure that local media knows about what we are doing by sending photo copies of the petitions.

Local media is not as controlled as the mainstream and are much more likely to respond to the info by publishing a story. As that happens, hopefully there will be a snowball effect. I know it’s not a perfect plan but at least it is a start and if successful in any way, it will help to wake people up to people power and wake people up out of their apathy.

Comment

solution

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                        I don’t really know what to do about the food problem
                        Here is the most efficient solution:
                        Breatharianism, Living on Light, Inedia, Senman�a VivStilo, La Vida Sin Alimentos

Comment

Originally posted by sciencisto View Post
                          Really a drastic solution but it is a solution, lets say one can became a non-eater, but another problem is in the air, yes, all the air, so perhaps you would need to be non-eater and non-breather sooner or lather ... Hope lather......
                          Seriously, I think the food supply problem would be more like found healthy food, pherhaps some instruments and antidotes would be helpful in the near future.

Comment

Dearth of information

is amazing. Its like they think if they just stop reporting on it, that we'll all forget about it, and go on with our lives. And maybe the sheeple will. Just past the 1 month mark at 1-2 months should see deaths from radiation, if the workers are on a suicide mission.
                            I think they may have an unsolvable problem.It may be there is simply no doable way to 'fix' it.What we see the workers doing is trying to fix that crack, and scouring the surrounding area for dead bodies from the tsunami; both things they can do well away from the containment buildings, and in radiation suits.And, at last report the buildings are still putting out smoke and steam.
                            I think they have to keep putting water on it, but the nuclear material is melted and collected in the bottom of the reactor, so the 'control rods' aren't stopping the reaction.And, the water is leaking out almost as fast as they are putting it in.
                            I think they have probably given up on getting access to the tunnels, to re-instate the plant cooling system; too many leaks and damaged equipment.
                            I'm not that familiar with Chernobyl, but I think it cooled down, before they shoveled all the sh*t collected by the biobots, and did the sand and concrete 'entombment'. I am not sure they can do that, as long as the fuel is reacting, and I'm not sure they can get it to stop reacting and cool down.
                            I think its an insoluble dilemma.Its just gonna sit there, needing water on it to keep it from getting worse, but not getting any better. And, the clean water they put in is going to leak out highly radioactive.I think they, and we, are just plain f*cked.Anyway, thats what I think, and they certainly aren't 'saying' anything to make me think otherwise.In fact, their silence only strengthens my conviction.Its like when you confront someone in a major lie, and they don't say anything; silence is confirmnation.Jim

Comment

Fukushima - 7

Hi everyone,

Bad news as I suspected and posted weeks ago ..... Japan Lifts Atomic Alert to Highest Level, Matching Chernobyl to a 7

Japan Lifts Atomic Alert to Highest Level, Matching Chernobyl - Bloomberg

The worse hasn't happened yet ....

Fuzzy
                              Open Source Experimentalist
                              Open Source Research and Development

Comment

Working...
                              X