Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini Earth Light

John Bedini built an earth light "the easy way"
    An air battery from carbon and magnesium ribbon.
    Correction:
    Carbon and Magnesium Cell (non-electrolytic)

The carbon is regular carbon but has been calcined,
    such as graphite amoung other crystal forms having increased properties.
    The magnesium also under review as to the various grades and types ie form and function.

The simple circuit in conjunction with C/Mg cell has some very interesting attributes.
    Also the narrow pulse wave shape that lends itself to several zpe functions is demonstrated
    in a series of videos by John Bedini.

John Bedini "Earth Light video"
    YouTube - Earth Light, The Easy Way

see earthlights 5 for shematic and coil specs

YouTube - Earth Light 6 Volta Pile Carbon Magnesium John Bedini

bedini.mp4 - YouTube
    Last edited by mikrovolt; 11-11-2011, 12:51 AM.

Bedini Earth Light----partial replication

@Mikrovolt
    I am glad that you started a seperate thread for this. I partially replicated it today and it is very different.

@John B.
    Well I almost got the whole thing done but my graphite & magnesium battery was a little too small to run it. It is an interesting circuit. Mine will run all the way down to .65 volts but the amp draw was pretty high.

Here is the video of it working:

YouTube - Bedini Earth Light----replication.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

Earth Light

Lidmotor,
      Some things for you to try.
      The inductors Digit Key Part# M7827-ND 15UH
      You could add a resistor in the base circuit if needed. My circuit is working on 5 to 6 Ma If you lower the inductance the base resistor will help. This is going to be critical so start in the base with 50 ohms and work your way up, since you have a breadboard you can plug them in and test, Transistors make a difference too.

If you would stretch out two # 30 wires for 45 feet then wind on a piece of welding rod as small in space as you can get. Then make a monopole forced oscillator with a 1K base resistor it will work at 2.5 Khz at 6 Ma.
      It will run off your Lasersaber Battery. The trick, try it. take the Lasersaber battery, which is not a battery, I will explain later. Take the cell and squeeze it up and down for a few minutes it will come back to life and run that circuit. You will understand when you do that what is going on with it. Also use Felt in place of the cotton or paper towel.
      John B
      John Bedini
      www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Bedini earthlight and 6pole motor running on about .6 micro amps

Here is a video of the variation of the earth battery and the LED running the 6 pole motor (No charging circuit yet). It runs on about .6Ma. This air battery uses cotton cloth at this point and is not in its glass holder at this point. The LED on the Light circuit is flickering due to needing to "TUNE THE CIRCUIT" I will post updates as the R&d progresses

I have an earth battery running the 16 pole and charging batteries as well for the last 3 days. (@.5Ma)

@ lidmotor.. as John said the coil is a big part of this build to make it work...

YouTube - 6pole LED circuit
        Last edited by chuck H; 02-07-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Earth Light

@All,
          This may explain what is going on in this cell, Lab test were done at my shop and we have the temperature differences and what they will run and for how long, If you try to look at this like a real battery it will fail as the magnesium will dissolve in a real battery Galvanic action.do not add salt or anything else.

YouTube - Earth Light 2

John B
          John Bedini
          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Differential

John, after watching the video, I started wondering if you could enhance the
            effect or output by changing the differential. Cooling the colder area even more,
            and warming the warm area even more. The next step would be, for this time of the year, to have some type of construction, of the cell, where the cool part was outside, and the warm part was inside. It could be built into a window somehow. Or is this speculation incorrect ?

FRC

Comment

Quite interesting. I used a basic JT circuit on one of the small carbon/magnesium cells I made up some time ago. I found if you run the LED back to positive instead of going to ground the LED is brighter, it seems to increase the voltage through the cirucit. Partial recycling maybe? My cell is several months old and so far it hasn't shown any signs of decay on the magnesium. I've never thought of it as a thermocouple - kind of opens your eyes to the possibilities.... Thanks for sharing John !!!
              ________
              DAIHATSU ROCKY
              Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                @All,
                This may explain what is going on in this cell, Lab test were done at my shop and we have the temperature differences and what they will run and for how long, If you try to look at this like a real battery it will fail as the magnesium will dissolve in a real battery Galvanic action.do not add salt or anything else.

YouTube - Earth Light 2

John B
                This is what our research has been pointing to – the erosion part not the differential. Like many of these devices, we have to think outside the box in order to “get it” most times, well ok, all times – we need a good shove in the right direction. Thank you for sharing that detailed explanation.

In any of your experiments, did you try using a magnesium aluminum anode rod? We picked some up to wrap a copper coil around; it puts out some nice power when moist. We have also wrapped magnesium ribbon around copper pipes which seems to put out good amperage when moist.

After watching your video, we've decided to dismantle one of our large carbon rod cells to drill out and try your sand/rod experiment. We might also try making a Styrofoam donut to put at the bottom to let the rod extend through, then place a large cold stone and/or some ice at the base to increase the differential. thanks again for the shove
                P’n’S

Comment

Cold rock

@ John
                  Thanks for the tips on how to proceed and the video expaining what is happening in the carbon / magnesium cell. When I made the iron pyrite rock battery I noticed that the rock was noticably cold. I was going to post that finding but I thought that people might think that I was nuts. I don't have a good temp measuring tool so I tried to use a plain old meat thermometer. The temperature differential between ambient air and the rock didn't show up very well so I just attributed the effect to evaporative cooling as the water went away. What I couldn't understand was why the rock felt colder than the magnesium or zinc. I guess that this might be the same effect as what is happening in the carbon / magnesium battery----or maybe it was just evaporative cooling.

Lidmotor
                  Last edited by Lidmotor; 02-03-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Earth Light 3

Here I show the Earth Light and the way the cell works along with the forced oscillator. I'm hoping you can understand what is going on. Negative resistor effect in the graphite. The difference between hot and cold outside is fog then the temperature must be just right. this can produce an electrical effect know as current.

YouTube - Earth Light 3
                    John Bedini
                    John Bedini
                    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Testing

@ John B, Chuck H @ All
                      These videos and postings are really helping. Thanks.

Lidmotor

Comment

Earth Light 4

Here I show the Earth Light 4 and the way the iron cell works along with the forced oscillator and the new wave shape. Negative resistor effect in the graphite by 2 degrees. This circuit is far more efficient then the Joule Thief as the circuits have no closed gap magnetically. I did say each battery had a different wave shape when producing current. This wave shape is more like the Monopole Motor running. I'm testing for the best material for thermal effect.The most important thing is to build devices that work in small Earth currents, 10 Ma is not allot of power for these devices as the cell can produce far more. Each one of the cells must work into a much different impedance, Earth cells will require a different coil impedance to work properly when oscillating voltage. The earth requires a very high impedance, then the energy flows. But I want to document this work on this group.

YouTube - Earth Light 4

John Bedini
                        Last edited by John_Bedini; 02-04-2011, 12:38 AM.
                        John Bedini
                        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

I “dissected” one of our 8-month-old carbon rods, posted a vid just in case any one is interested in seeing what the ribbon looks like when it’s all "dried up".
                          YouTube - min2oly's Channel
                          We’ll be looking for a large drill bit now…
                          Opened the loop and are now charging a super cap w/ our WM rotor - still rectifying our second winding off the bi-filer to harvest spikey.

patrick

Comment

Pretty slick ! I'm getting the exact same wave from mine. These things work great.
                            ________
                            Marriage advice
                            Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

BIG carbon & magnesium for Earth Light

@All
                              I made one of those large batteries today using a carbon water filter element and it worked extremely well. It put out 1.75 volts and drove a load at 21mA. I have it hooked up to the original Earth Light circuit that I built yesterday. Felt was used as the insulator and only distilled water was applied. I will put it in a shallow dish with distilled water and see just how long it will run. I will also take temperature readings ( I got a small infrared temp meter at Radio Shack today) to see what happen there.

@ John B.
                              I don't understand the new circuit. I can build it but I need a little more help. Thanks

Here is a video of the BIG battery that I made:

YouTube - Bedini Earth Light with BIG battery.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                              X