Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil winding configurations

Hi guys!

I am just starting up my "career" as a hobby electronics tinkerer and I am currently trying to get my head around how coils work. I know they come i and shapes an sizes, but for the moment I am working on normal single- and bifilar wound cylindrical (tube like) coils. One thing I can't seem to find any information on is how different configurations of the layers will affect operation of the coil. If i make the first layer by winding clockwise from left to right, what would the difference be between continuing the second layer from the right and winding to the left, and cutting the wire, starting a new layer from the left to the right, thus really creating several single layer coils in parallel on top of each other.

My main interest in this is making sure I get the most "bang for the buck", or watt from each passing magnet. As far as I have understood the magnet/coil power generation it is the magnet passing the coil pulling (or pushing) on the electrons in the copper wire while in range making the electrons rush to one side of the coil. Then in left-to-right, right-to-left alternating layer coils this is what I believe to be happening: When the magnet goes out of range the electrons bounce back as if attached to a spring, making the coil produce a negative spike, back EMF or what ever you want to call it. Would this effect be because of the alternating layers? An analogy to this would be a rope wound around a pulley. You pull on both ends, stretching the rope as far as you can until the rope reaches the maximum amount of stretch. When you then release the rope it contracts and returns to its normal length. That means you really don't get a lot out of the coil (rope) as opposed to pulling at only one end (multiple stacked single layer coils), doesn't it?

I may be totally off , but I have heard some comments, and seen some writings on the net, that hint about this, but I can't find anything definitive. To repeat my goal: I want to wind a coil that delivers the maximum amount of magnetic flux-to-electricity conversion possible, and this is the one thing I have been able to derive from a few hours googling that might be the way.

Any input is greatly appreciated , I feel I have gotten stuck on this subject as all I can find info about when I search, is hand winding, drill winding etc. All of which go left-to-right and back...

On a second note, I have also read something about coils wound in certain ways creating a layer of electrons between the winding layers, effectively creating a capacitor. Would this be caused by alternating the windings clockwise / counterclockwise? I would imagine that in some applications a combined capacitor and coil could have its uses. Some tin foil between layers to catch the electrons and get them out in a pulse perhaps?

Well, I'll stop rambling now, just a bit eager to learn

-Hakash

Teslas Observations

I won't ramble on, i'm bad for that. check this out regarding Teslas observations in bifilar vs. normally wound pancake coils. Pretty cool.

www.Magnetricity.com ...
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

kcarring

Originally posted by kcarring View Post
      I won't ramble on, i'm bad for that. check this out regarding Teslas observations in bifilar vs. normally wound pancake coils. Pretty cool.

www.Magnetricity.com ...
      Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /NeoG/Bifilar.php on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

This is the result I get for that link.

FRC

Comment

Me too

Hi and thank you for replying kcarring!

UnfortunatelyI get the same error as FRC. Is there another way to get this info?

Thanks!

-Hakash

Comment

Wow!

Thank you for the link to the very informative site

If I'm reading it correctly then series-connecting the different layers wound in the same direction(left to right) will disable the back-emf in the coils, while letting it spike much sharper since the current generated in the coil will be free of resistance (except the normal conductor resistance). It would also seem that the coil will have capacitor-like qualities which perhaps further increase the pulse of current in the coil when the magnets pass it.

Would some of you, who are much more experienced than me, please correct my assumptions if they are wrong? I must also apologize if my explanations are hard to understand, English is not my native tongue, and this also makes understanding advanced texts in English harder.

Thank you again so much!

PS! I really enjoy following the Lockridge-device thread, and have gotten hold of the first 14 DVDs of the Energy from the Vacuum series (bought used from a friend who didn't have time to pursue radiant energy anymore). I hope to be able to contribute in one of the threads soon, but I have to get a basic understanding of everything before I can start re-winding motors and stuff

-Hakash

Comment

Wow! Great info! Thank you! I will be sure to read through it several times so I am sure I understand it fully.

A couple of questions though

1. Will a bifilar pancake coil, like the one Tesla patented, in oscillation, be able to induce current in it self (or another coil), through the "strong magnetic quake" you mention, which is as strong or stronger than the current used to induce the first field collapse? What I mean to ask is if it is possible with a bifilar (or perhaps trifilar) to create a self sustaining electrostatic oscillator.

2. Would it be possible to use a pancake coil like this as a generator coil with good results?

3. Will an arrangement of many single layer coils wound the same way on top of each other and connected in series create similar conditions as the pancake coil?

4. You mention that the coil will, at zero point window, act as one of the plates in a capacitor. If the pancake coil is wound flat on a metal plate, or if the multi single layer coil arrangement is wound with tin foil (or similar) between each layer, will that function as the second plate enabling the capacitor part of the coil to recapture even more of the electromagnetic field created by the current and making net gain even higher?

Sorry for all my questions, I'm just eager to understand these things.

Thank you again for your patience.

-Hakash

Comment

Anyone?

-H

Comment

Working...
              X