Daftman/Joule Thief Variant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daftman/Joule Thief Variant

Hi folks, i started this thread so as to not disturb the other thread i posted this into called 'strange results from bedini monopole'.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi folks, Hi ryuke, thank you very much for drawing our attention to that circuit by daftman.
    I quickly modified the wiring on my joule thief and of course it is too early to tell anything conclusive, though it certainly is charging the charge battery which is a AA nimh faster than in any other configuration and the primary AA nimh so far, is remaining at a stable voltage.
    This is something i have not seen in any circuit setups i have experimented with so far. Such an ingenious idea, placing the charge and drive batteries in series together, why didn't i think of that, hehe.
    We will see how this experiment goes, though so far it's a large improvement over powering an led off the emitter collector.
    Right now it's lighting a blue Christmas led at good brightness and for at least 10 minutes now the drive battery is exactly where it was when initially put under load and the charge battery is gaining charge very well.
    Thanks again, can't wait to see how this works out in the long run

well so far the drive battery has only dropped from 1.302volts to 1.300volts in over 30 minutes now and the charge battery is gaining charge well above that loss and lighting the led brightly.
    If anything, this circuit design is very efficient to say the least.
    Let me know what you folks think of this, so far now it has only dropped to 1.299 volts after almost 90 minutes.
    peace love light
    Tyson

Toroid

Did you make the toroid, if not what kind is it ? Would this circuit work with 12v lead acid car batteries.

FRC

Comment

Hi FRC, thanks for the reply. I have not tried using 12volts lead acids yet, though i will. I'm sure lead acids would work also.
      Reason I posted this circuit, is because it does seem to run an led and charge the charge battery better than other typical joule thief setups, though i guess it's up to people to decide that for themselves.
      peace love light
      Tyson

Comment

Hello...

Replicated,

I used a pn2222a transitor. 1 inch torrid wrapped fully with near 26 gauge bifilar wound. I had to use a variable resistor plus a capacitor in parallel with that to get it to oscillate. I also replaced the two batteries with electrolytic capacitors both are 220uf 100v. I ran that off of my captret (4 in parallel) capacitor bank and used a valve regulated lead acid 12v battery 12ah. The battery is dead at a standing voltage of 10.15v. When the captret and circuit is in use it drops to 10.8-10.9v and holds steady. It has been running for 4 hours now. The led is a bright white 260000 or there abouts and should draw 20ma of power @ 3.7 volts. I havent check the voltage across the led yet but it is bright none the less.

Very impressive circuit so far. Will keep you posted as I'm gonna run it over night to see what it does to the battery.

The captret cap bank is 4 caps all the same in parallel. The negative of the battery is connected to the cases of the caps. The positive is hooked to the positive of the caps. The power connection is negative from the caps and positive of the caps. So no direct negative connection from the battery. This is the brightest I have seen a diode hooked up to the captret by any circuit I have used.. So looking good so far...
        Last edited by Jbignes5; 01-20-2011, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Tesla Switch with Joule Thief trigger mechanism - Heretical Builders

you know this works skywatcher.
          Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

15 hours later.

light is still bright and the battery is now at 10.10-10.11 and bouncing back and forth between 10.10-10.11.

I found that in order to get a true reading with a meter you have to disconnect or turn off the meter in between readings. For some reason the meter becomes part of the circuit and charges the other battery. I don't know how it does it but in other circuits I have always disconnected the meter in between meter readings to avoid contamination of the setup.

I have looked at the waveform on my o-scope and in my example the waveform is very odd. I'll see if I can get a shot of it tonight.

The captret allows you to work with just about any voltage when using transistors and the likes because there is very little current flowing. This is the key here. When there is very little current there is nothing to loose, well almost nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
              You guys and your secret societies.

@Jbignes5 - Is it not all about higher frequencies? Was all this Joule thief and Joule Ringer stuff started because of what Rosenthal said in that one Energy
              from The Vacuum video ? Or is there some other history to it?

FRC

Comment

Yes...

Originally posted by FRC View Post
                You guys and your secret societies.

@Jbignes5 - Is it not all about higher frequencies? Was all this Joule thief and Joule Ringer stuff started because of what Rosenthal said in that one Energy
                from The Vacuum video ? Or is there some other history to it?

FRC
                Yeah the higher frequencies allow for much more action.

One thing led to another and bingo bango we have the joule thief. Bedini started it all with the pulses for the most part. He showed that very little could cause a bigger total outcome. This had a lot to do with Tesla then any one thing I could point to.

I Guess that no one has thought that with the movement of energy or even potentials we get effects. These effects include heat, light and even a static electricity. All things in the universe act and react to static, which is a result of that object moving. Even the movement of energy itself forms these additional statics.

I am thinking that statics are the pure potential in our world. Anything that happens after the condensing of the potential on a surface is a conversion of the potential into a real force. lets say that an element that has a very high resistance to the flow of potential would exhibit heat as an output. Why? Well the potentials get stuck or jammed up and the material of the element can not contain the potential any more. This allows it to go outside of the element and radiate it's potential of the whole element from very small portions of that element. This process is much like the process of the sun. There is a balance point and it will grow as the mass of the sun grows. Since the element can not grow it releases some of it's potential away from the surface of the element and of course that attracts more ambient potential to move twords it. This would be considered a "sun" flare but it is from the element.

To get back to the origin of high frequency you need to study the original modern discoverer of this high frequency and that was Tesla. He laid the ground work for all high frequency energies of our modern times. I say ground work because he felt he was only touching on the tip of this discovery. Even with all his observations he felt there was much more to this process then he could imagine. In a lot of his writings he encourages us to look at his work as a beginning to empirical study of his work to understand what he started to see in evidence. Some have taken up this mantle and forged ahead and others were quite satisfied with the money they were getting and did not want it to stop. So here we sat for over one hundred years not advancing our understanding because of the powers that be held us in ignorance of the wonders of nature and how we can emulate that natural process.

For over one hundred years we have been bound to slavery to feed their greed. We were told we have to survive and fight to survive when all along we didn't. This energy is not free but it sure can be free for us to utilize it. If you follow the axiom that energy can never be created nor destroyed then there is no such thing as free energy. It's all in how you use energy or pull it in to your apparatus to use.

You have to understand that energy is a result of matter in motion. It is based on that matters density. Since matter is finite in the universe energy therefore is finite as well. But when you add time to the equation it becomes infinite in the sense that all matter is moving on the whole in our universe.

So after all this talk it merely comes down to the one person who understood high frequency energy the best, Tesla. Study everything you can get your hands on about Tesla. He left tons of clues and observations that are very easy to replicate in everything he wrote. But don't lock in your study to one thing. As any man learns his view changes from those observations and Tesla changed or evolved his views of everything he did all along his life time. I have been still learning about Tesla and constantly I have found a great many revelations that he had about energy and matter. To this day it is a constant learning of new concepts from this man and even from my own observations as well.

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for all the replies, I'll read them over and reply later today.
                  Though I thought you folks might like to try this variation also, it seems to be working well also. Hi jbigness, wow, that's some good results your reporting.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

peace love light
                  Tyson

Comment

Thanks Jbignes5

That was a whole lot of information. I don't think I meant the question that way. What I was alluding to was that in the video with Rosenthal, he had mentioned some scientist (not Tesla) had discovered that raising the frequency,
                    you could lower the voltage, and amperage for gas filled lights. So cities and
                    towns could lower their costs for street lights by somehow employing this method. I just made the connection since most of these Joule type devices are
                    used with lighting. But thanks for all the Tesla information. There is so much that can be learned from him. Its to bad that so much has been obscured. We
                    should have been taught these things in school. Most of us here know that it was a deliberate deception for power and monetary gain. Thanks again.

George

Comment

An interesting circuit. I initially was thrilled when I built the circuit and got my nimh battery to jump from .96 V to 1.36 V and the supply battery only dropped from 1.28 to 1.23. Unfortunately, it appears the .96 volt battery was damaged, as none of my other batteries show such incredible results and the voltage on the .96 V battery is not holding well after charging.

I tried this arrangement with a number of different transistors and coils, even with an air core bifilar coil. Performance was very mixed and varied widely based on the coils used. If anyone thinks they're seeing COP>1, could you give a bit more detail on the coils you're using, as they seem critical for actual replication.

Comment

I am also running a replication as i done something similar to this a while back. So far the results are good. The run battery has dropped 0.02v in just over 1 hour and initially it started to rise. The charge battery is has reached 1.291v and wont really go more. Both batteries are 1.2v 2500mha rechargables. I am using a ferrite torroid which is just over 1/2" and 8 bifilar 26swg winds. Would be nice to get some coil/ferrite specs. Much better than the standard joule thief circuit. Thanks

Comment

After 1 day and six hours of use.

I am happy to report that the battery is still at 10.10 volts and holding. I have added and additional 2 leds to the original in parallel. This dropped the brightness a little but I think total light output has gone up. The battery is holding at 10.10 so it is very good results. After a day and 6 hours it has not dropped one bit. The captret I believe is the reason and this is the best effect I have seen with it! What a great circuit!

@everyone Any information that you need and I have is at your disposal. You can never have too much information in experiments like these.

I have a single coil wound on a 1 inch ferrite torrid core. The wire is about 26 gauge and has about 50 wraps bifilar, give or take 10-20 lol.

But I think the reason I am having great results is from the captret part. This creates a separation of the heavy current and only allows a very tiny flow of current that forms a virtual diode like effect from that flow. I recommend that people try the captret to lower the current draw from a battery for this experiment. All batteries in the diagram that was posted were replaced with capacitors and the drive battery has the captret in between the battery and circuit. I just hooked the plus and negative from the captret to the two capacitors that are in series with the split connection. I will draw the modifications later if anyone needs it or requests it.

So this circuit is a

Comment

captret combination

@Jbignes5

I haven't had good luck with captrets I've built so far... From what I remember the effect varies from cap to cap. Any suggestions on caps to use to get the best effects? I'd love to try the combo with this. Thanks!

Comment

Yes..

First off after 2 days almost the battery is still playing in the area of 10.10 - 10.11 volts. Mind you this is a dead 12 lead acid valve regulated 12 ah battery.

Now on to the captret. I use Nichicon 220uf 100 volt electrolytic caps. I have 4 in parallel. In order for the captret to work this is the connections that I recommend. From the battery to the captret: + goes to plus of the caps. - goes to the cans of the caps. Then when you connect the captret just use the polarized connections just like a battery. The negative is never directly connected to the circuit. It must go through the capacitor in order to complete the circuit.

The interesting thing about the captret is that even though you think the negative of the cap should be negative when checked from the battery negative it is actually positive. Yup both negative and positive from the captret turns out to be positive when compared to the negative of the battery or the can of the captret.

Comment

Working...
                              X