Psychics Join Search For Cherrie Mahan 26 Years Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychics Join Search For Cherrie Mahan 26 Years Later

I've been hearing about this local case getting a new lead lately, but today is the first I've heard about psychic involvement.

Psychics Join Search For Cherrie Mahan 26 Years Later - Local News - Pittsburgh, PA - msnbc.com

Found this article on the topic too:

Uneasy affiliation: Police and psychics - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

About 150 of the tips came from psychics. Almost all were useless, says Buehler, one of the lead detectives on the case.

its hard to blame the police for being skeptical when you have hundreds of self proclaimed "Psychics" guessing at answers and thinking their information is somehow valuable. There isn't exactly a structure that exists that tests and licenses people who do what Psychics claim to and if there was most wouldn't achieve an acceptable standard to be active in the field. Imagine 500 super sleuths converging on a crime scene with "detective kits" they ordered online?

I get how it looks to most, kind of like a caveman watching an airbus fly overhead and trying to rationalize it. To him its magic, and so is, in this day and age, the gathering of this type of information. Mystical, magical and unbelievable.

Which in most circumstances is probably best for a society that will only consider intangibles to be possible when presented either in a church or at a magic show.

Comment

Not heard of this case as I am not a US resident. Is it still ongoing? Did the psychic aid the search?

Comment

Working...
      X