The Robert Adams Pulse Motor Design Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Robert Adams Pulse Motor Design Review

I have been working with a variation of the Robert Adams Pulse Motor now for the last few months. Having read all available literature on his over unity motor principles I wanted to build a replica of this type. I decided I would give it a damn good go and invest whatever resources were needed to have the best possible outcome. I set about purchasing the appropriate materials and constructed the prototype you see in the picture

All the literature about Robert Adams and his motor speaks extensively about cold current reversal, amazing efficiency figures, and drive coils that were run cold while having very low resistances while at the same time, pulling almost no current from the source supply.

My first attempts over the next few weeks obtained the complete opposite results. My drive coils were heating up to the point where they were melting the plastic they were wrapped in and current draw was so high that there was no way over unity could be achieved if I continued along this line of thinking. The motor appeared to be running fantastically, producing high RPM, fairly large amounts of torque and running so smoothly it was almost whisper quiet. As motors go it looked great, but electrically it was all going in the wrong direction.

I was sure Robert Adams was not a hoax and that his over unity claims must have had some validity because he has been around for almost 30 years. It also seems he was founding father of this pulse motor over unity phenomenon that so many other inventors and researchers claim success upon. The main one frustrating aspect: no one has clearly explained how and why these motors actually work so when you set about your replication there are plenty of diagrams and building examples to copy but no technical literature on how to electrically control the system and work within the magnetic field.

Over the last few years, having built many a variation of a fixed magnet pulsed coil motor generator, I found the outcomes were always the same: great motors but free energy they were not! I still strongly believed a self-powered motor generator was possible. What was I doing wrong? At this point I was becoming obsessed with trying to find the magical phenomenon that so many people had talked about.

After having constructed my most sophisticated magnetic coil setup and getting undesirable results yet again, the only other place to start looking was in the timing and navigation of the magnetic field, so I constructed some complex electronics and set about investigating this area. With the aid of a small micro processor to calculate pulse width duration and exact pulse delivery times some amazing things started to become evident. By doing away with the crude reed switches and pot luck approach to switching the system on and off results started to improve. Coil temperatures dropped drastically. Current flow dropped considerably. Battery life appeared to become almost infinite. I was amazed. Was it really that simple?

Switching on the coil when the magnet situated on the rotor was in the exact location (as pictured below) and turning off the drive pulse at the exact time when no longer required were the crucial principles that achieved the long sought after phenomenon (i.e. better known as the cold current reversal technique) and it appeared that any slight deviation away from these electrical characteristics would render over unity impossible.

I have continued working on and refining these principles. Now, when looking back I realize how close I had come so many times in the years gone by but not been able to recognize the elusive over unity giant even when it was staring me in the face. I am writing this report in the hope that others will pick up this research and publish papers on these principles to make these ideas commonplace. I am continuing this work and developing larger motor generators to power domestic appliances and even homes. I have a dream to be free of the grid and make power for my own home. I believe that now I can achieve this.

All information is open source.

cheers Rod
    Last edited by toranarod; 12-13-2010, 12:01 AM. Reason: inage did not work

Timing

Sounds really good. What was the time difference between the reed switching
    and the switching that worked ?

FRC

Comment

Originally posted by FRC View Post
      Sounds really good. What was the time difference between the reed switching
      and the switching that worked ?

FRC
      I have gone back and tried to replicate using more basic switches such as the reed switches. its very hard to be exact.
      Time with reed switches was of a 20 mill seconds duration and that was at best.
      When 4 mill sec was closer to the required time.

Here is the problem, the more electronics the more surplus power you need to power the system that runs your motor as reeds do not.
      But reeds burn out and don't last long and are hard to control. and wast power because they are mostly out of range with efficiency.

I am working on advanced electronic using the latest nano watt circuits to over come this wast, the other thing is as the motors designs get bigger the electronics does not so it become more negligible.

Comment

Hi toranarod, Thanks for sharing your experiments. In the past I built a few different adams type repulsion motors and one just like the one your showing. The one like yours that had 4 rotor poles and 4 stator coils was the one that caused the coils to become cold, well below ambient room temperature. The reason is probably due to low pulse duty, fairly sharp switching using a reed with magnet to make the reed pulse sharper on/off. Also the magnets were ferrite and were definitely 4 times larger or more than the core surface area and each coil was 24 gauge at around 6.5 ohms and using solid steel bolts as cores. My other adams type motors that used neo magnets never quite gave such cold running coils, though probably because I didn't stick to the 4 to 1 magnet to core surface area ratio. I think the key is the short sharp switching combined with the 4:1 ratio magnet to core area. I was thinking about building another model to test the last couple of weeks.
        peace love light
        Tyson

Comment

fascinating

Hi Rod,

Thank you so much for sharing this. After reviewing quite some ou docs my intuition thought that the Adams Motor should be the most credible ou device out there -- In my eye, Bedini's SSG is simply an alternative design (in Bedini's early drawings of SSG diragams, you can see the word Adam's on it). The folks here do not show adequate interest in Adam's motor that it deserves, somehow.

I think I shall start building one as well. Tim harwood (google his name) made an tutorial about Adam's motor on the Internet and it does not sound so hard to get the cold run effect. The soft iron core in the stator coil might ease the tuning of it.

If you will, could you please share more details about your design? For example, the diameter of your totor, the size and strength of mag, the size of your stator, and exactly when do you switch on and off your stator coils? Any circuit diagrams you can share with me? How about the RPMs? etc.

Thanks!

lanenal

P.S.: the workmanship is so admirable! Rod you really got the gift to carry it on to a much higher level!
          Last edited by lanenal; 12-13-2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

adams larger motor

Hey Rod,
            thank you so much for sharing. I assume that your motor is all North pole configuration with the cold current?.

if possible, could you please post a video or more details regarding your setup.

I have been reading about the scaled up Adams Thermomotor Generator. They seem to be South pole and is primarily designed for generation of power to heat water, it, with the advent of the capacitor bank, supplies wattless D.C. impulsed energy for the generation of further electrical power via the steam turbine generator.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
              Hi toranarod, Thanks for sharing your experiments. In the past I built a few different adams type repulsion motors and one just like the one your showing. The one like yours that had 4 rotor poles and 4 stator coils was the one that caused the coils to become cold, well below ambient room temperature. The reason is probably due to low pulse duty, fairly sharp switching using a reed with magnet to make the reed pulse sharper on/off. Also the magnets were ferrite and were definitely 4 times larger or more than the core surface area and each coil was 24 gauge at around 6.5 ohms and using solid steel bolts as cores. My other adams type motors that used neo magnets never quite gave such cold running coils, though probably because I didn't stick to the 4 to 1 magnet to core surface area ratio. I think the key is the short sharp switching combined with the 4:1 ratio magnet to core area. I was thinking about building another model to test the last couple of weeks.
              peace love light
              Tyson
              At last somebody who has had a go at this and has gone down the same path
              Yes you are right with that thinking the short pulse the less time he coils have to heat up. This all has a part to play.
              This is the point I am jumping up and down about and the part I cannot get across to most.
              People. Using a computer to precisely measure the PWM width ie keeping it to 5 mill seconds and then only move the timing of the ignition firing by advancing or retarding the ignition like a ECU controls the ignition spark to a car.
              The results of theses experiments where so conclusive it with out a doubt proved Robert Adams to be totally correct.

With the PWM duration fixed. Example taken from one of my test. MY coils DC resistance 0.5 OHM on 24 volts switched with a MOSFET. Do the math you know what that means.
              5 mill second duty cycle and adjusting the timing only current flow would change from 32 m AMP at the correct Degrees to 250 m amps when advancing only two degrees
              From a very hi load Hi current draw to a very low current draw by moving the trimming only a few degrees. This was conclusive proof we can now make a motor run its self
              I have since expanded this concept to incorporate multi pulse firing say firing the coils 3 times During the 5 mill second time window. make the efficacy even greater and picking up 200 volt of EMF to return to the source battery.

cheers Rod
              Last edited by toranarod; 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lanenal View Post
                Hi Rod,

Thank you so much for sharing this. After reviewing quite some ou docs my intuition thought that the Adams Motor should be the most credible ou device out there -- In my eye, Bedini's SSG is simply an alternative design (in Bedini's early drawings of SSG diragams, you can see the word Adam's on it). The folks here do not show adequate interest in Adam's motor that it deserves, somehow.

I think I shall start building one as well. Tim harwood (google his name) made an tutorial about Adam's motor on the Internet and it does not sound so hard to get the cold run effect. The soft iron core in the stator coil might ease the tuning of it.

If you will, could you please share more details about your design? For example, the diameter of your totor, the size and strength of mag, the size of your stator, and exactly when do you switch on and off your stator coils? Any circuit diagrams you can share with me? How about the RPMs? etc.

Thanks!

lanenal

P.S.: the workmanship is so admirable! Rod you really got the gift to carry it on to a much higher level!
                Adams Was the MAN

he was the founding father.

cheers Rod

Comment

Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                  Adams Was the MAN

he was the founding father.

cheers Rod
                  Yes I will share any information you require.

we are not going to free us by keeping secrets.

Comment

control by a computer

Control Adams motor by a computer sounds very interesting. Bits has a computer controlled Tesla switch, and it is on sale for $1200. Very expensive stuff.

I also noticed that your coils resistence is so low, in Tim harwood's setting, it is recommended to be around 5 ohms for both coils (coils connected in series). I suspect that's why your system needs such an accurate timing (but reed switch does not work for Tim's either).

lanenal

P.S.: Here is the URL for TIM harwood's setting:

The Adams Motor - Tim Harwood's Guide from The Encyclopedia of free energy,energy21.org,energy 21 org Geoff Egel
                    Last edited by lanenal; 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

like the Santa

I think FE people need to work like a Santa -- climb down the chimney and set up a FE machine, and leave before anybody noticed it.

The nature of the FE device demands a different spirit of life.

Comment

Control Adams motor by a computer sounds very interesting. Bits has a computer controlled Tesla switch, and it is on sale for $1200. Very expensive stuff.

I also noticed that your coils resistence is so low, in Tim harwood's setting, it is recommended to be around 5 ohms for both coils (coils connected in series). I suspect that's why your system needs such an accurate timing (but reed switch does not work for Tim's either).

lanenal

P.S.: Here is the URL for TIM harwood's setting:

The Adams Motor - Tim Harwood's Guide from The Encyclopedia of free energy,energy21.org,energy 21 org Geoff Egel
                        Yes. I read that the coil resistance was recommended to be in the 10 ohm range. this was a common requirement.
                        I was using 6000 gauss neo magnets.
                        also not recommended. I used what was of hi quality and available.
                        and i felt big was better. if this was going to work I was going to build a very much larger unit.
                        I have a lot more research information that i need to share so a better understanding why the large magnets worked, Its all about configuration to suit all the parameters of the values of all your components.
                        This is an exact science. Just like an RLC circuit has a resonance at the right frequency dictated by the values of the RLC components.

Comment

less duty cycle

Yes. I read that the coil resistance was recommended to be in the 10 ohm range. this was a common requirement.
                          I was using 6000 gauss neo magnets.
                          also not recommended. I used what was of hi quality and available.
                          and i felt big was better. if this was going to work I was going to build a very much larger unit.
                          I have a lot more research information that i need to share so a better understanding why the large magnets worked, Its all about configuration to suit all the parameters of the values of all your components.
                          This is an exact science. Just like an RLC circuit has a resonance at the right frequency dictated by the values of the RLC components.
                          Your advanture and observation definitely adds to the knowledge of everybody -- thanks a lot.

I also compared your scope figure of the pulse width and duty cycle

http://www.thehydrogenshop.com/Over_...0guide_4.1.pdf

with the scope below (runs 2800 RPM, four-pole setting, comparable to yours). It seems to me your duty cycle is about 50%, and here it is much less (maybe less than 20%).

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/energy21/mha34.jpg

I wonder what if you reduce your duty cycle in % to a lower level? Shouldn't that reduce the energy input and increase the efficiency?

lanenal

Comment

Your advanture and observation definitely adds to the knowledge of everybody -- thanks a lot.

I also compared your scope figure of the pulse width and duty cycle

http://www.thehydrogenshop.com/Over_...0guide_4.1.pdf

with the scope below (runs 2800 RPM, four-pole setting, comparable to yours). It seems to me your duty cycle is about 50%, and here it is much less (maybe less than 20%).

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/energy21/mha34.jpg

I wonder what if you reduce your duty cycle in % to a lower level? Shouldn't that reduce the energy input and increase the efficiency?

lanenal
                            the Data presented in the PDF is old and more configurations have been tried with better results. some times worse. other things like running on 60 to 70 volt also uncovered interesting things about the magnets. Yes you are on the mark good observation.

Comment

asymmetric stators

the Data presented in the PDF is old and more configurations have been tried with better results. some times worse. other things like running on 60 to 70 volt also uncovered interesting things about the magnets. Yes you are on the mark good observation.
                              Thanks for the quick reply. This all looks very exciting. Adams is not far away from Australia. Good to know Adams and his motor is not forgotten -- the suppression does not quench this man's spark of idea. I noticed another interesting thing in your setting below: two stators seems to be tilted, is that true? But why? I thought it should be good to have the four stators in symmetry.

http://www.thehydrogenshop.com/2uzfe/MMG.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X