Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help to make 1000W transformer!

hi, i have ferret core (2 in x 3 in). the inputs are 12+12V output = 220V
    should i apply metal sheet/core transformer formula to make it or else please mention the formula if anyone knew.
    and how many turns should i apply to ferret core in 1 square inch.
    Last edited by lancerdoom1; 11-29-2010, 05:09 PM.

If you want to make it from 12v you will need about 85 amps, this means that you would need a huge core. Also will depend on frequency and type of ferrite you want.

You should consider using higher voltage input. Or Resonant voltage input witch would imply big capacitor and thick coil for the primary.
    Last edited by sebosfato; 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

i have flyback ferret core material. can i join them to get the same result you mentioned like this. now can you tell me how many turn should i apply by the given diamensions of the core (last image)

Last edited by lancerdoom1; 12-03-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

@lancerdoom1

This may be a good read:

Coils and transformers
        Practical Transformer Winding

/Hob
        Last edited by nilrehob; 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM.
        Hob Nilre
        http://www.youtube.com/nilrehob

Comment

Lancerdoom, are you sure you can't get such a transformer from ebay? To me, a transformer that can handle 1000W would be cheaper to buy than to make unless you can get all the materials to build it for free.

Comment

Hello man,

Nice ferrites...

I want to help you but first you need to tell me exactly what you are going to use it for so we can determine the better working frequency and setup.

If you want to make a 60hz application is different than a Dc application for example..

For example if you use ac as input using a half wave driver you can use double the flux in the cores without saturation. Probably for you is the best option.

So is hard to make a fit to all situations transformer.

Do you have the datasheet of the cores?

Regards

Comment

@sebosfato
              thanks for quick response. actually i want to make an inverter from a transformer (50Hz and 220V output by 12V input)
              can you tell me a simple circuit to match this transformer.

Comment

Originally posted by lancerdoom1 View Post
                @sebosfato
                thanks for quick response. actually i want to make an inverter from a transformer (50Hz and 220V output by 12V input)
                can you tell me a simple circuit to match this transformer.
                Ok, look, for that frequency you need to use iron laminations, or you can make a high frequency stage with this cores to create 220dc than you have and than a 1:1 simple isolation transformer with 50hz inverter circuit to get the nice sine shape at the output. .

The problem is that you will need 85 amps to flow in the primary so is very expensive, you will need thick wire, many mosfets in parallel, thick core...

You could use a small motor to make the switching, probably would be more efficient and easier and cheaper to do... Or you could make with capacitors charging in parallel and discharging in series...

I will think about and will post here the result later ok.

Comment

Working...
                X