Capacitor plates and Magnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitor plates and Magnet

I came across this image on my internet travels. Just wanted to know if anyone had tried this or something similar.

Last edited by Zooty; 06-13-2010, 02:23 PM.

I think its Bearden who got that idea, everything sound fine but there no E Field perpendicular to the magnetic field on a magnet, Max Amp with 0V. Its really easy to try , 2 aluminum plate with a magnet and you play a bit with the gap to maximize the E Field(if there any) area on the plate. So far i never got any result with that. Maybe there special type of magnet who retain a certain E Field, i don't know.

Best Regards,
    EgmQC

Comment

I just tried it with a small grade 5 ceramic magnet and a couple of 1.5" x 1.5" aluminium foil sheets and got 5mv across the plates. The magnet is polarized on the wrong plane to what is shown in the pic so i'll have to put a few of them together to make one big magnet.. but there is something there.

Comment

I think Sweets VTA used a ferrite barium magnet. If I were testing this I would use a ferrite barium magnet.

Comment

displacement current and Ampere law for capacitor
          read it backwards !

Comment

Originally posted by EgmQC View Post
            I think its Bearden who got that idea, everything sound fine but there no E Field perpendicular to the magnetic field on a magnet, Max Amp with 0V. Its really easy to try , 2 aluminum plate with a magnet and you play a bit with the gap to maximize the E Field(if there any) area on the plate. So far i never got any result with that. Maybe there special type of magnet who retain a certain E Field, i don't know.

Best Regards,
            EgmQC
            I think the E field refers to the electric field between the capacitor plates.

Comment

Originally posted by Web000x View Post
              I think the E field refers to the electric field between the capacitor plates.
              Its not related to a capacitor only, there always a E field perpendicular to a Magnetic Field, my emphases was about the E field on a Magnet is always 0, Max amp with 0v.You get the same inverse result with a Capacitor , the Magnetic field is perpendicular but there no amp, only voltage so Max voltage, 0 Amp, exactly the inverse

Comment

why not combine this idea with Ed Leedskalnin's Perpetual Motion Holder! Preferably in a vortex configuration, similar to his flywheel. Remember, you don't need a specific shape, but symmetry and bucking magnetic field are required. The star shape he uses was just convenient (and works quite well) but not necessary.
                Last edited by SuperCaviTationIstic; 06-14-2010, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X