URAD Big Coil Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URAD Big Coil Research

This Thread was for research related to the URAD circuit and Big Coil as set apart from the Heater threads because the goal in this case was to minimize heat and maximize power conversion. Research is suspended do to lack of interest at this location.
    Last edited by Harvey; 06-05-2010, 10:11 AM.
    "Amy Pond, there is something you need to understand, and someday your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box." ~The Doctor

30KW Spikes in Simulation

Research information on this project will be moved to URAD forums when and if it is resumed.
    Last edited by Harvey; 06-05-2010, 10:08 AM.
    "Amy Pond, there is something you need to understand, and someday your life may depend on it: I am definitely a madman with a box." ~The Doctor

Comment

Wondering????

Are you going to progress on this any further?

Comment

I've been focusing on helping others with their questions and projects and really haven't had much ambition toward this thing.

When the simulator started spitting out 30,000 Watt power spikes it sort of freaked me out and made me wonder what would happen if that hit my scope on a real world test.

I have done some different things with this, but nothing I find worthy to share here yet.

Thanks for asking

Comment

Thinking.....

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
            This Thread was for research related to the URAD circuit and Big Coil as set apart from the Heater threads because the goal in this case was to minimize heat and maximize power conversion. Research is suspended do to lack of interest at this location.

what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kokomoj0 View Post
              what is it?
              A picture of the Big Coil can be found here:
              http://www.energeticforum.com/induct...html#post91360

The URAD circuit was a modified 555 circuit with a MOSFET driver designed specifically to produce high amplitude narrow band BEMF spikes. The frequency and energy involved was sufficient to garner concerns from the local FAA and FCC so apart from simulations no testing ever commenced even though the circuit and coil were constructed.

Additionally, I had some concerns that our equipment could not withstand the spikes as well.

Comment

Good one dude..keep doing nice work
                Ah well Princess/A Line

Comment

Working...
                X