Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people struggle and others don't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some people struggle and others don't?

I was asked this question this morning - what about people who are born into struggle with no hope of getting out of it - in certain countries, circumstances, and even some of us on this forum. It was a good question, and here's my take on it....

If you think of life as a massive virtual reality game (which I believe it is - "All that is" which is the massive energy power that is beyond our concsious understanding, but could be described most closely as a big ball of Energy Power (our closest understanding to what that Power is, is the feeling of Unconditional Love) - and that power projects itself into a physical "reality" - which gives the illusion of separateness, as well as everything we experience in this consciousness. Just like a virtual reality game - but it's particularly effective because it feels so real and has the added feature of total immersion - forgetting the true "reality" - a fully submersive virtual reality game)..... if that's the case, then it's possible that those people are the parts of that Power that have chosen to play the game on the "difficult" level this time round.

There's a computer game called "Heroes of Might and Magic" - and when you play the game on "Easy", you get an abundance of resources, you're surrounded by mines so you can mine more gold, coal, jewels etc. easily, the baddies aren't very tough, and generally you don't have too much of a challenge....

But after you've played it like that a few times, you get bored because it's so easy.... so you play up a level - on that level, you start with fewer resources, mines are more difficult to find, and the opponants are a bit tougher, and there are more challenges and surprise attacks.....

Once you've played that a few times and managed to win it.... then you begin to want to challenge yourself more, because you believe you can do even better - the natural desire to achieve more.... so you move up to the next level.... and so on...

The most difficult level (I've never played it, but my partner has, and he really enjoyed the challenge and it took him many times of playing it to finally crack it) - you start with NO resources, it takes you foreeeeeeever to find the mines to get resources and gold, it's pratically impossible to do anything without getting attacked by opponents (who, by the way, have PLENTY of resources!) .... and so you keep getting killed and having to start again....

However....

The All-Important difference is.... When playing "Heroes of Might and Magic" you REMEMBER the progress from Easy upwards - you are fully conscious all the time from one level to the next, so when it gets difficult and seems impossible you remember that you chose this level and why.....

In this physical human game, of course, because it's a fully submersive virtual reality game, we can't remember choosing this level, or why - or even that it's a game!

So, maybe it's an idea to bare in mind that it's a game - a strategy game, that we've chosen to play at this level this time, and we assume we've already played and conquered the easier levels and therefore we can get into the spirit of finding ways to win the game on this more difficult level....

Of course, we won't know the absolute truth until we "log out", but I feel it certainly helps to think this way in the meantime, even if it's not the truth (although I really believe it's pretty close to it ) ... it makes life less stressful and challenging in the meantime.

Hope this helps others too.
    Love and Light and Magic xxx
    Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
    Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!
    Free Trial - Bob Proctor Coaching Program

Interesting point of view.What if this game called life has additional hidden rules ? What if there was someone before us in game who has all resources and power to "plant them upon chosen" and refuse others.Someone who don't want us to recall that we are One ?
    Sorry for my bad English it's not my native language.

Comment

That's an interesting analogy - playing on harder level
      Some people seem to have an easier time of things like they are playing on an easier level.
      A lot them seem to think all good things are material and seem to be playing a game of "whoever dies with the most stuff wins", only to see their family fight it out for their goodies on their deathbed. Go to almost any hospital and you'll see this played out almost daily.
      I like to think of some of the monks and sages that abandon all material things when I want for something out of reach, and a lot of the time it will come when I really need it anyway.
      Maybe once we've evolved past greed and arrogance we don't need material props to be happy with who we are ?
      If I can't have what I want I can still imagine it, and it wont rust or fade and the new won't wear off. When I don't need it anymore I don't have to cast it off to become landfill.
      If there is higher levels of play what can we say for people in wheelchairs ?
      Did they choose a harder level than us ?
      I often wonder about things like this myself.

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
        Interesting point of view.What if this game called life has additional hidden rules ? What if there was someone before us in game who has all resources and power to "plant them upon chosen" and refuse others.Someone who don't want us to recall that we are One ?
        Sorry for my bad English it's not my native language.
        Hi Boguslaw

Your English is excellent!

I don't believe there are any others - there is only the one Power. So, if there are any resources and power being planted on any particular characters in the game, then it's all done by that one power (which is us ) If you think of the sea as the Power - it's all the same water, the waves are us - the "characters" or "egos" as some people call them. They rise up and appear almost separate for a moment - like they're separate features, but a) they're still part of the sea at their base, and b) they disolve back into the sea to become part of the whole again.

Now, sometimes there are little waves, and big waves, and tidal waves.... but it's still all the sea. And I believe that's all there is.

Reprogram Your Subconscious to Achieve Conscious Goals. Now you can try PATHS for Free!
        Please pop in to my new: Law of Attraction Tools Blog - It would be Wonderful to see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by HiggsBoson View Post
          That's an interesting analogy - playing on harder level
          Some people seem to have an easier time of things like they are playing on an easier level.
          A lot them seem to think all good things are material and seem to be playing a game of "whoever dies with the most stuff wins", only to see their family fight it out for their goodies on their deathbed. Go to almost any hospital and you'll see this played out almost daily.
          I like to think of some of the monks and sages that abandon all material things when I want for something out of reach, and a lot of the time it will come when I really need it anyway.
          Maybe once we've evolved past greed and arrogance we don't need material props to be happy with who we are ?
          If I can't have what I want I can still imagine it, and it wont rust or fade and the new won't wear off. When I don't need it anymore I don't have to cast it off to become landfill.
          I often wonder about things like this myself.
          Hi HiggsBoson

I have to rush out now, but wanted to answer this, so it's going to be quick...

I believe it depends on what game your particular character is playing, as well as the level. In other words, some people may be playing Monopolly (have you ever tried to play Monopolly without the money lol), and some may be playing Scrabble or Risk or Guess Who or Soduko.... And each game needs different things.

Regarding the wheelchair question - that would depend on how the person feels. It's all about how you feel as to how much of a struggle things are. Some people in wheelchairs consider themselves more fortunate than others who can walk.

Gotta go, sorry it's so quick.

Comment

Originally posted by HiggsBoson View Post
            Oh HAI!

Yes, yes we did. And when I turned thirty, someone asked me "what's wrong with your legs?" and I replied with a huge grin "what's right with yours?" And he couldn't tell me. I get asked that question a lot, what's wrong with your legs. And the variation I like, "why do you walk the way you do?' I used to give the biological reason as an answer to that question, until I had a little epiphany about it one day. Now, people ask me "why do you walk like that," and my answer goes something like this.

"I have chosen to know a special kind of suffering in this life, to experience all the negative aspects of living with a disability, so that my soul can become stronger, more compassionate and more understanding than many will have the chance to become. I have chosen greater challenges than you, ones that don't go away and can't be solved, because thriving in the face of adversity breeds strength of character. It may even be that choosing a life of disability is a choice we all make eventually, when our spiritual development is ready for, and our courage equal to the challenges. I walk like this to confront you, to give you a choice to dismiss me as inferior to you, or to get over it, come to know me and be amazed. I walk like this to challenge your ideas of what a disabled person can achieve with their life, of who they can be, of how they can contribute, just like you chose to meet me so you could hear this, and I chose to meet you so I could speak this truth for myself. I walk like this because I am ready for every single difficult situation, rejection and unkind word to give me a chance to shine not as a human being, but as a spiritual one."

...And then most people say "no, I just meant what's wrong with your legs."

shiva bless the newbs.
            Last edited by noises; 04-25-2010, 08:46 AM.
            “When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross.”

Comment

Originally posted by noises View Post
              Oh HAI!

Yes, yes we did. And when I turned thirty, someone asked me "what's wrong with your legs?" and I replied with a huge grin "what's right with yours?" And he couldn't tell me. I get asked that question a lot, what's wrong with your legs. And the variation I like, "why do you walk the way you do?' I used to give the biological reason as an answer to that question, until I had a little epiphany about it one day. Now, people ask me "why do you walk like that," and my answer goes something like this.

"I have chosen to know a special kind of suffering in this life, to experience all the negative aspects of living with a disability, so that my soul can become stronger, more compassionate and more understanding than many will have the chance to become. I have chosen greater challenges than you, ones that don't go away and can't be solved, because thriving in the face of adversity breeds strength of character. It may even be that choosing a life of disability is a choice we all make eventually, when our spiritual development is ready for, and our courage equal to the challenges. I walk like this to confront you, to give you a choice to dismiss me as inferior to you, or to get over it, come to know me and be amazed. I walk like this to challenge your ideas of what a disabled person can achieve with their life, of who they can be, of how they can contribute, just like you chose to meet me so you could hear this, and I chose to meet you so I could speak this truth for myself. I walk like this because I am ready for every single difficult situation, rejection and unkind word to give me a chance to shine not as a human being, but as a spiritual one."

...And then most people say "no, I just meant what's wrong with your legs."

shiva bless the newbs.
              Oh wow - I LOVE the answer that you give. And I think it is very true. I often look at parents with disabled children and say a prayer of gratitude for the fact that my kids are physically fit and healthy. I think God knows I couldn't handle the challenge of dealing with one of my kids being really sick or disabled. I feel a bit ashamed to admit that. I do think that makes me a lesser person - it is an indication that I have a long way to go and a lot of development to do before I become all I was meant to be.
              SUZI
              http://www.suzimorris.biz

Comment

I agree, nice theory. I basically agree and tend to think the whole point of life is spiritual and intellectual ascension. Thats what would make the most sense to me, but to a degree everything is pointless in the end. Even ascension, once gained, has no where to go. Once you have learned all the lessons that you can learn, what do you do? Eternity would be boring. Maybe its that simple...Maybe the meaning of life isnt knowledge, but excitment? Think of this, if we were all eternal and we could remember everything we've ever done, would anything in this life be fun? No. Even that theory has a big flaw, since we have no memeory, why not give yourself a fun life? It would be pointless to live a life of poverty. Another pointless end.

So back to ascension, if the goal is to ascend, what would you do after ascending? start all over again? That would make ascension pointless. Whats the point of eternity? The universe has been here 13Billion years. Where have you been all this time? I dont understand why people fear death, even if we are not eternal, none of us would have existed for those 13Billion years, so did those years actually even exist? Point is, if we die and are gone for good, we apparently wont miss anything..so what is there to be scared of?

Comment

Very interesting. I agree that it is about playing it in a harder level. Always be motivated with a certain goal and our attitude towards these challenges will define our destination.
                  Renewable Energy News

Comment

Also, for those who believe in some form of God you have to ask, who created God? If God is eternal and no one created him, what makes you think something had to create us? Why would we not be allowed to be eternal ourselves. If God didnt need a creator why would we need a creator?

Comment

Originally posted by Nadda View Post
                      Also, for those who believe in some form of God you have to ask, who created God? If God is eternal and no one created him, what makes you think something had to create us? Why would we not be allowed to be eternal ourselves. If God didnt need a creator why would we need a creator?
                      Interesting point of view. I remember reading something similar. According to Hindu philosophy "Every one of us is a manifestation of god. God was not created. He just exists. God is the perfect being and like infinity adding or subtracting from God does not affect HIM in anyway."
                      Roger D

Comment

Hi

Hi there.
                        I'm not a fighter. It's obvious. But I'm not a passive too. When something's worth the fight I can do this.
                        PDF Converter

Comment

Originally posted by rogerd View Post
                          Interesting point of view. I remember reading something similar. According to Hindu philosophy "Every one of us is a manifestation of god. God was not created. He just exists. God is the perfect being and like infinity adding or subtracting from God does not affect HIM in anyway."
                          I basically agree with that. Its the only thing that makes sense to me.

If everything basically comes to a meaningless eternal end, then i imagine existance itself must be the source, with experiencing emotions being the motive to exist. Personally I think we are god. One single eternal being. With existance being our creation. There is much about life that i hate. I cant stand seeing pain and suffering. I dont understand it. I want to prevent it with all my heart but I cant. I am powerless to stop it. Why? Only logical answer is that if I am eternal and had the power to prevent all pain everywhere, would i forget to remember what its like to be alive. What its like to have something to fight for. So the question is this, if you had nothing to fight for what would you have to live for?

Comment

Transcending the mind

Hey Guys :-)

Thank you for the question and the discussion. It is such an interesting topics which many have asked throughout the years. I feel the most important thing is not to get lost in stories and indeed begin to recognise that the reason for people struggling is indeed because they are lost in subconscious or conscious mind stories. The mind in most of us is like a wild horse, we have little control over it and it just runs around and runs away where we have very little influence over it.

It is the egoic mind playing its games which acts as a barrier to really engaging with the world around us.

This here was an incredibly powerful story of liberation of overcoming the mind. Check it out.

I look forward to connecting with you all again soon. :-)

Adam

Comment

Working...
                            X