Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schematic for a 50W to 100W Valve guitar amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic for a 50W to 100W Valve guitar amp?

Hi All,

I know this is a bit different than the usual topic found on this forum, but I though I would ask anyway seeing as there are many a "seasoned" EE hanging around.

What I am after is a schematic for valve guitar amp that is capable of an output power somewhere in the range of 50W to 100W. It doesn't have to be the best amp in the world but something that at least has tone control.

Cheers,

Steve.

Happy Holidays!!
    You can view my vids here

http://www.youtube.com/SJohnM81

Originally posted by dambit View Post
    Hi All,

I know this is a bit different than the usual topic found on this forum, but I though I would ask anyway seeing as there are many a "seasoned" EE hanging around.

What I am after is a schematic for valve guitar amp that is capable of an output power somewhere in the range of 50W to 100W. It doesn't have to be the best amp in the world but something that at least has tone control.

Cheers,

Steve.

Happy Holidays!!
    Hi Steve,

Try this link. There are zipped schematics of power and preamps. Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for
    COOL SCHEMATICS

Vtech
    'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

Any particular reason you want a valve (tube) amplifier?
      Obviously their are plenty of solid state amps that could be used. They are cooler running and much lighter to carry around.

I realize the tubes are suppose to give a slightly different sound, but I haven't heard the difference. Plus if it is to be a guitar amp you are probably going to want to add controlled distortion, fuzz, echo, etc.

Comment

There is simply no comparison. A valve amp puts out such a beautifully rich and warm tone that forever after, it makes using a solid state amp a bad experience.

IMO when it comes to audio quality, there is no substitute for an analogue signal.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Valve Guitar Amp Schematics

Hi Dambit,

I used to repair musical instruments and amplifiers. Here's some links to Marshall amp schematics. If this isn't exactly what you're looking for, go here for all the rest: Marshall Amps Info & Schematics
          8100 Valvestate, 100W head
          8412 Valvestate, 100W 4x12" 8Ω cabinet

Pre amp schematic, Issue 1 (Marshall, 1991).
          Pre amp schematic, Issue 5 (Marshall, 1994).
          Power amp schematic, Issue 1 (Marshall, 1991).
          Power amp schematic, Issue 9 (Marshall, 1994).
          Valvestate owner's manual (1 MB).
          Photograph of an 8100 head.
          "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

Thanks Rick,

I actually own a Valvestate 8100. It's a great amp and I will be keeping it in reserve.

I have found recently though that it's just not loud enough during rehersals. I have had to run it through the rooms PA just to hear it over the bass and drums.

I've been thinking of going for something that has a real '80s feel, like a JCM 800 or similar. Real simple & huge power. I've always liked Marshall gear so if I get a brand name amp I will stick with them. As far as constructing one myself goes, I have found a company in the U.S that provided kits built to original schematics. I will look into that a bit further too. The website is below.

Ceriatone Amplification

We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,

Steve.

P.S Thanks for posting the owners manual, I lost mine ages ago.

Comment

Working...
            X