• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impedance matching

wot is impedance matching

Impedance matching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Google helps too at a lot of Questions.
    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

On radiant charger, I translate it as the coil and the charged battery has to has the same resistance.

Comment

On the ssg they match the wire # to the battery size and call it impedance mathing

Comment

I am not the most expert in the field, but impedance matching has to do with adjusting a specific load to a specific generator output.

This rule does not apply only to electrics/electronics but to mechanical systems as well. A simple mechanical impedance matching system is the gears of automobiles or a bicycle.

In order to understand it in easy in electrical systems, magine you have a battery to be charged (load) and 2 kind of generators of 1000 watts power. One coil that outputs (say) 11 volts of DC at serious amperage and a neon sign transformer that outputs 30mA at 10Kvolts (shorted).

For charging the specific battery, both systems are highly inefficient for those generator's potential. The first case cannot "push" electrons inside battery since battery level is 12+ volts and the other high voltage, works but the battery is charged by the 30mA or at best 0.03*12 = 0.4 watts say whereas the transformer has the potential of a KW.

So, an adjustment of outputs is called impedance matching.

From my experimenting with pulse motors (SSG and adams type mainly) i have found out that the collapsing pulse or spike or BEMF or say anything you want has if it happens on a low resistance coil has the ability to self-impedance matching itself to the "load" or output, either it is battery or cap.

What i am saying is that, if i am using a 12 volts small battery or a large 12 volt battery or 24 volts battery (2 in series) or caps to be charged at high voltage, the efficiency is more or less the same with capturing the spike.

As i see it, if the collapsing spike does not encounters much impedance to its path it creates considerable amperage, whereas if it does encounters considerable impedance (a cap already charge at say 100 volts) creates far less current, but in any case the most of magnetic's field collapsing energy is captured anyway. That i have found out.

So in my view, you should not worry excessively about impedance matching your SSG. have it as low resistance as reasonable and you are ok. As long as you keep the spike high voltage.
          Good core is a must to efficiency and spike. My best results over 70% have been achieved with solid state and extra thin laminations of superb quality for sound applications.

Finally coils so far i have been experimented are standard 900 turns 22-24 awg, 10-fillar 28 awg at 110', 6fillar 24 awg at 300', 3-fillar 18awg at 100'. More or less, all output the same efficiency.

Baroutologos

Comment

There is also the maximum power theorum which is based on impedance matching and is relevant to these circuits...

Maximum power theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
            Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hello you all there is no mystery and is very simple to understand and apply impedance matching to obtaining max power transfer and it works as follows.

Lets say you have a 10 ohms load and you want to give to it 10 amperes of current to make it dissipate 1000 W of power P=I^2*R. First you might know what voltage you need to apply to have that current passing thru the resistance, 100v. V=R*I. Now lets think about the matching transformer. Lets say that you have a 200v supply to start with. Than you need to use half the turns of the primary to have 100 volts. But thats only the voltage transformation. But for impedance matching is important to consider the frequency of operation to select the core component and number of secondary coil turns to get the right secondary impedance to allow this 10 amperes to flow matching to the impedance of the load. Xl=pi*2*F*L

So lets say you want 10 amps from the secondary, you need to have an impedance(not resistance please) = 10 ohms on secondary coil. So do this first select the frequency lets say 50hz AND use the reverse formula L= xl(10) / (6,28*50hz).

If the primary as we said had twice the secondary coil turns, the impedance on the primary is bigger than on the secondary side by a factor of 4 as is (also its inductance value because on a core based transformer the inductance is dictated by the number of turns^2). and also Because impedance transformation is = to the transformation factor ^2.
              primary I =5amps.

I tested what I'm saying on simulations and its perfect.

Did you ever saw audio amplifier outputs naming 4 or 8 ohms… this is the load of the speakers. If you have two 8 ohm speakers connected in parallel you will have a 4 ohm load. Working on single frequency is little different from an audio amp but the principle is the same.

hope you understood

Comment

cheers 4 that

Comment

Working...
                X