Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

I have been devoted past week at studying Donanld Smith's devices and theories.
    This man seems serious and claims that overunity or an extraordinary energy gain can be achieved with moderate means.

One device illustrated, and as claime, it was presented at a Tesla symposium, it was the image below.

Don Smith claims that a high frequency alternating current could be modified in frequency by the application of a resistor, a capacitor or perhaps a coil (choke) wired in parallel to the initial HF source.

Does it tell anything to anyone that? Is it makes any sense? That illustration uses a 12 volt powered Neon Sign Transfromer to charge 8000uF caps at 400 volts or so.

LOL? how the... can it be? Is the man heavily miscalculating or is there any explaination to this?

Baroutologos
    Last edited by baroutologos; 02-12-2010, 04:23 PM.

IMHO from all I learned lately from varous patents and other documents (freely available btw) - this is all true. But things are not quite as clear as Smith talks and you should be very clever and think extraordinary.
    Actually I failed to understand it completely because I have no schematic of his inverter and neon sign transformer.
    You see, there is no element in Don Smith circuits which can be replaced by similar on the shelf part - they simply work as a complete device ALL TOGETHER. Something like Tesla circuits which depends on total inductance of circuit or total wire length. Don Smith is right at one statement - his circuits HAVE to BE RETUNED each time.

Comment

You need to get Don Smiths video, there is alot of good information there.

There are supposed replications of Dons work across the globe, Tariel Kapanadze is one chap who seems to have done it.
      "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

I find it funny how 23 years ago he had a 50kW table top model and yet as of today his technology is unknown. When will these "inventors" notice the pattern.
        Last edited by broli; 10-28-2009, 01:30 AM.

Comment

if you get the point of what Don smith says is the following:

" Any kind of flux inducing transformer, at resonance or not, at high frequencies is always OU at tremendous amounts of energy, if captured of course."

Same thing claims Kapanadze technology or even a group of Georgians in a amateure video that light some lamps with Tesla like equipment..

The point is the procedure is either proprietary and not spoken out or just random puplicity craving hoaxes.

baroutologos

Comment

If WE build it they will come....

I have been seriously thinking about Don Smiths devices and am in the process of building the simple one he begins to explain how to build at the end of video 4
            YouTube - Donald L Smith Device 4 Of 5 and in video 5.
            My parts list is as follows
            One 12 volt 7 1/2 amp hour battery
            One 12 to 120 volt inverter
            One high voltage module
            One Spark Gap
            Two Coils
            Capicators
            A couple diaodes
            One resister (value yet to be determined)
            One 120 volt isolation transformer
            One Veracter
            One CRV meter and several analogue and digital meters/

Some of my parts I won't be able to get until next Tuesday, so I am working on what I can for now.

I spent most of my morning designing and building my coils per his instructions. The larger coil has ten windings spaced about 1/4 of an inch apart. The smaller coil is exactly five times the length of the wire in the larger coil. My concern with my current design is that there is too much distance between the larger coil and the smaller coil, but I will try it as is and figure out a way to modify it in the future. I already have a couple ideas on how to do that with my existing materials, but that can wait

The tricky part of the whole thing, according to Mr. Smith is that the smaller (in diameter) coil needs to be a multiple (in length of wire) of the larger (in diameter)coil, and that the resistor between the two input wires of the isolation transformer must be exactly correct. To get the correct resistor, do the following:

Since the transformer needs to operate at 120 cycles, you need to measure the inductance across the input side of the transformer in henries using a LCR meter. Using the "Handbook of Electronic Tables" ISBN number 0-672=22469-0 plot your reading in henries and 120 Hertz (what you want it to operate at) on the chart. Connect them with a line. Where that line crosses the farad and ohms line, see what the resistance is that you need for this particular circuit.

According to him, this particular device does NOT have to be tuned as do some of his larger ones, which is what makes it so simple. Just wire it up the way he describes and see what happens.

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you informed on what happens, provided I don't blow myself up in the process.
            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

[QUOTE]" Any kind of flux inducing transformer, at resonance or not, at high frequencies is always OU at tremendous amounts of energy, if captured of course."/QUOTE]

baroutologos,

Ill show you what he is talking about. Have a look at this link, lets take the very first transformer on the page, its similar to the one he is using. We are going to do some very simple power calculations VxI=Watts
              Ventex

the VT 1510-12

Input
              12V 650ma
              12X0.650= 7.8watts

Output
              1500V 10ma
              1500X0.010=15watts

Input 7.8W
              output 15W

There you have it, all you have to do is the calculations, thats what he is talking about.

Comment

Good luck

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                I have been seriously thinking about Don Smiths devices and am in the process of building the simple one he begins to explain how to build at the end of video 4
                YouTube - Donald L Smith Device 4 Of 5 and in video 5.
                My parts list is as follows
                One 12 volt 7 1/2 amp hour battery
                One 12 to 120 volt inverter
                One high voltage module
                One Spark Gap
                Two Coils
                Capicators
                A couple diaodes
                One resister (value yet to be determined)
                One 120 volt isolation transformer
                One Veracter
                One CRV meter and several analogue and digital meters/

Some of my parts I won't be able to get until next Tuesday, so I am working on what I can for now.

I spent most of my morning designing and building my coils per his instructions. The larger coil has ten windings spaced about 1/4 of an inch apart. The smaller coil is exactly five times the length of the wire in the larger coil. My concern with my current design is that there is too much distance between the larger coil and the smaller coil, but I will try it as is and figure out a way to modify it in the future. I already have a couple ideas on how to do that with my existing materials, but that can wait

The tricky part of the whole thing, according to Mr. Smith is that the smaller (in diameter) coil needs to be a multiple (in length of wire) of the larger (in diameter)coil, and that the resistor between the two input wires of the isolation transformer must be exactly correct. To get the correct resistor, do the following:

Since the transformer needs to operate at 120 cycles, you need to measure the inductance across the input side of the transformer in henries using a LCR meter. Using the "Handbook of Electronic Tables" ISBN number 0-672=22469-0 plot your reading in henries and 120 Hertz (what you want it to operate at) on the chart. Connect them with a line. Where that line crosses the farad and ohms line, see what the resistance is that you need for this particular circuit.

According to him, this particular device does NOT have to be tuned as do some of his larger ones, which is what makes it so simple. Just wire it up the way he describes and see what happens.

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you informed on what happens, provided I don't blow myself up in the process.
                Waiting on the seat of my pants with much interest. Thankyou for trailblazing on this forum.

Love and light
                Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

@ Cody

Man, this is a common mistake many people do calculating power out of specific coil arrangements.
                  When the manufacturer talks about voltage e.g 10Kv it mentions it at a open circuit (not working) across the leads.
                  When the manufacturer talks about current he talks about a dead short. Not under load applied. So it is quite misleading to calculate performance like that.

example 1
                  In too many generators i made, open circuit voltage was 400volts, short current 0.4 amps. The actual performance of my design was nowhere near 160watts. actually somewhere 15-30 watts.

example 2
                  My ignition coil has a open circuit voltage 40Kv. (i can assure for that ) whereas a dead short current around 20mA. (i put a 20 mA bulb and light same brightens as same miliamps at 12volts)

This means it outputs 800 watts? I can assure you not.

Baroutologos

ps: I wait with anxiety results from Turion
                  Last edited by baroutologos; 11-14-2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
                    @ Cody

Man, this is a common mistake many people do calculating power out of specific coil arrangements.
                    When the manufacturer talks about voltage e.g 10Kv it mentions it at a open circuit (not working) across the leads.
                    When the manufacturer talks about current he talks about a dead short. Not under load applied. So it is quite misleading to calculate performance like that.

example 1
                    In too many generators i made, open circuit voltage was 400volts, short current 0.4 amps. The actual performance of my design was nowhere near 160watts. actually somewhere 15-30 watts.

example 2
                    My ignition coil has a open circuit voltage 40Kv. (i can assure for that ) whereas a dead short current around 20mA. (i put a 20 mA bulb and light same brightens as same miliamps at 12volts)

This means it outputs 800 watts? I can assure you not.

Baroutologos

ps: I wait with anxiety results from Turion
                    EXACTLY. You should use open circuit and all click in place . Proof that Tesla coil produce radiant energy :
                    ĺÝĹ ĎÄÉÎ ÓĐĎÓĎ ÓÎŃÔÉŃ ÜÎĹŇÇÉÉ Ó çôâí :: ÷ÉÄĹĎ ÎÁ RuTube

(russian video) Keep attention to "device" put on top of TC - it's variation of Tesla radiant energy patent

Comment

Hello Bogus,

If you have ever saw Eric Dollard explaining the electricity's states it could be sumurized to four basic.

a) Direct current electricity
                      b) Alternating current electrcicty
                      c) Oscillating current (displacement) electricity
                      d) Pulsed electricity

Tesla coils or anything operating at Radio frequency, the current actually is of oscillating nature and does not require normal ground (return wire) as first (a+b) states do.
                      i have some experience myself based on Dr Sifler's SEC and i can proudly say that even me have attended one wire power trasnfer to power loads. period.

The video concerned is Russian and cannot understand a word.

I see a Tesla coil operated by a transistor? having a primary / secondary with a topload a metal cup. A wire is connected to the cup. Inside the cap is fitted a 2,5 or 25 uf , 500vac cap in series to a 100 watts lamp (more or less) and afterwords going down to primary coil (ground reference).
                      The lamp lights brightly.

Apart from the nice conversion of the Tesla coil's secondary to light a bulb is there any reference of efficiency?

Baroutologos

Comment

TURION,

good luck, i'll be paying close attention to what results you statr getting.

David. D

Comment

Don Smith replication

I have a buddy in a far off land who I have been e-mailing for a while now discussing this stuff, and he is hooked on what Don Smith has to say in his videos. We have tried to find any replications of his work anywhere on the internet, but so far no luck. I do know that he has given his devices to others for testing, including (I believe from something I read) Eric Dollard. Anyway, working on primary and secondary coil today and rest of parts should be in by Tuesday, so by Wednesday I will post my results here.

Hope some of you out there will also give this a try. I'd be interested in comparing notes, especially if anything "good" happens.
                          “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”

Comment

Oops!

Chek out this link. May be why I cant find anyone trying to replicate his results.
                            ZPEnergy.com - Do you think Smith has a point? (Zero Point ?;-)

Comment

Intro from me/ continuing research

To everyone in this discussion,

I have been compiling notes and building the plasm globe device of Don Smiths. Literally thousands of hours.

I have a pdf of the notes if anyone is interrested. It is caled My replication journal. Even though it is not finished I have read between the lines and have cleared up some misteries.

This is a new field for me so buying the various test equipment is necessary.

I will bring results when I am finished.

Keep up the good fight.
                              All electricty is free. I believe Don has figured out how to find it!

Please feel free to contact me directly. I want to build a network of individuals who will be dedicated to this endevor.

Steady focus and determination rules. Not the nay sayers!

Comment

Working...
                              X