of Hendershot's devices.
    He has two that are pretty important:

1) Fuel-less Motor
    2) Fuel-less Generator

These are some good URLs for Hendershot information:

The Hendershot Motor Mystery

and

Secrets of Perpetual Power - Hendershot Mystery by Barry Hilton

These inventions were lost to time (or were suppressed depending upon your point of view).
    There is disinformation ... but enough clues to make this a compelling mystery.

I've been studying this problem for a few months now and I'm convinced there is a fascinating story here.

Hendershot was working on something completely different.
    He wanted to solve a "navigation" problem and make improvements
    to the so called "induction compass".
    He also wanted to make a motor for his son's toy airplane.

You can study the "induction compass" material as background.
    That device, invented by M.M. Titterington --
    patent #1,770,245 (and some others) circa 1930
    was used by Charles Lindbergh when he crossed the Atlantic.

The wind during flight is used to SPIN a shaft and generate
    a small amount of current to move a needle left or right
    depending upon your compass heading. This tells the
    pilot which way to go. This generator used the earth's
    magnetic field to create power (from a bit of wind).
    Hendershot figured out how to do this w/o wind.

Here are some of my "Hendershot" related videos

most recent:

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - The new coil

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - Pulse Experiment

older ones:

YouTube - Hendershot Used Phi (or so I speculate!!)

YouTube - Hendershot meets Leedskalnin (Perpetual Clapper)

YouTube - Magnetic Tuning (Hendershot Fuelless Generator)

YouTube - Magnet - Compass - Solenoids (Hendershot Mystery)

YouTube - Better Tuned Hendershot Tank Circuit

YouTube - Experiments with Two Hendershot Tank Circuits

YouTube - Hendershot's Wide-band Frequency Response

YouTube - Hendershot Fuelless Generator Tank Circuit Study

YouTube - hendershot coil location

YouTube - Hendershot Fuelless Generator Energy Transfer Experiment

YouTube - Attempt To Wrap A Hendershot Capacitor

YouTube - Hendershot Coil Study (Beat Frequency)

YouTube - Hendershot Coil @ 1520Khz

YouTube - Hendershot Fuelless Generator Coil Study

YouTube - Driving Hendershot Compass Spin using 555 timer

YouTube - Hendershot's Compass Discovery (more carefully done)

YouTube - Hendershot's Compass Discovery Replication

YouTube - hendershot coil replication - part 2

YouTube - hendershot coil replication - part 1

YouTube - Coilpacitor
    Last edited by morpher44; 09-25-2009, 08:56 PM.

hendershot half circuit pulse experiment

This is the schematic I used last night. There are more things to try but I thought I record this in case I loose my notes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by morpher44; 09-25-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Pulsing with a Relay

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - Pulsing with a Relay

Comment

well researched article on "free energy"

Very nice "free energy" article...
        from 2/19/2004:

Radiant Energy -- Wireless Transformer of High Power Lines?

Comment

messing around with a buzzer

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - Relay Pulsing (Part 2)

Comment

guys on overunity.com

Some folks in Germany are also working on Hendershot
            replications and sent me the following URLs.
            Much of this is in German which I don't speak:

HENDERSHOT GENERATOR - Neue Erkenntnisse, Theorie über die Funktionsweise

There is also a download section, where we put our documents, measurements, simulations, diagrams and photos:

Freie Energie Free Energy Deutsches Open Source Alternative Energie und ZeroPoint Forschungs Forum OverUnity.de - Hendershot Generator

Comment

morpher44,
              Did you try to build it yourself?
              Thank you for the books, they are realy good.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by morpher44 View Post
                Some folks in Germany are also working on Hendershot
                replications and sent me the following URLs.
                Much of this is in German which I don't speak:

HENDERSHOT GENERATOR - Neue Erkenntnisse, Theorie über die Funktionsweise

There is also a download section, where we put our documents, measurements, simulations, diagrams and photos:

Freie Energie Free Energy Deutsches Open Source Alternative Energie und ZeroPoint Forschungs Forum OverUnity.de - Hendershot Generator
                This is the German part of OU.com, same owner.

Mike

Comment

I can read it, and he did rebuild a few things of the Hendershot device.
                  But i dont know, what diameter he has at his Coils,
                  But i think, they even tried to build the Caps with a certain Material,
                  he had some Test runs, but still no luck, to get it to work.
                  But the Basket coils is one thing, what i am scared for, i can figure, its a lot of work with no guarantee that they work.
                  I think more, they are receivers, and the Arrangements from all parts maybe are importend.
                  Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

some observations...

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                    I can read it, and he did rebuild a few things of the Hendershot device.
                    But i dont know, what diameter he has at his Coils,
                    But i think, they even tried to build the Caps with a certain Material,
                    he had some Test runs, but still no luck, to get it to work.
                    But the Basket coils is one thing, what i am scared for, i can figure, its a lot of work with no guarantee that they work.
                    I think more, they are receivers, and the Arrangements from all parts maybe are importend.
                    I looked over the photographs and simulation data but can't read German.

A have a couple of observations about what they are doing...

1) Their cylinder for the cap may not have ferromagnetic material.
                    W/o it you have to tune for a much higher frequency.
                    I'm finding that the relay I have is not able to produce
                    pulses fast enough for my coil (which does have a ferromagnetic
                    paint can). If it was an air coil ...no way.
                    So I suspect that what you want is LARGE inductance and
                    a metal cylinder. One CLUE in a Hendershot photo is a sticker
                    inside his coil that has the letters Fe (which I believe stands for IRON).
                    Tune for RELAY pulse speeds and you get the highest power...

2) I suspect simulations are not quite right because a coil with
                    ferromagnetic material would have non-linear inductance ... and
                    so a simulation run on a computer probably isn't accounting for that.
                    It probably rather assumes a CONSTANT inductance in each coil
                    and transformer.
                    I believe Hendershot's device is extremely non-linear.
                    The simulation could be improved to include a couple of things:
                    - an accounting for the changes to inductance at a certain pulse
                    frequency (due to the steady flux introduced by pulsed DC) and
                    - and ways of introducing varying amounts of energy entering the
                    system via the capacitor as the field gets going...to see if that
                    alters the result... These capacitors are like antenna.
                    I wish I could read their stuff to see if they discuss any of this.

3) Resonator 01 has a photo of the magnet - bar - solenoid arrangment.
                    I'm still torn whether the bar is to stick to the magnet, or instead
                    be sticking and removed from the solenoid. The latter makes sense
                    in terms of a larger back EMF (ala Leedskalnin). Pulling the bar
                    OFF the solenoid -- breaking the magnetic loop -- produces a very
                    large PULSE. So mechanically this is a bit tricky.
                    In playing with a buzzer, I can get the buzzer into a state whereby
                    it doesn't BUZZ but rather the clapper hovers near the solenoid
                    very rapidly -- 500 hz or so -- and the connection makes and breaks
                    with a 500hz ARC. This is strange and odd behaviour for a buzzer.
                    This occurs because the Hendershot coil provides energy back to the
                    coil -- reversing the magnetic polarity -- repulsing & attracting the bar.
                    I think this solenoid arrangment is a tricky thing to figure out.
                    I'm still puzzled by it.
                    Another alternative is that the bar should be the FULL MAGNET HEIGHT
                    so as to BEND the fields LEFT and RIGHT out toward the Hendershot
                    coils to induce current in them. The Solenoid may simply
                    tweak those fields up and down near the coils. That too would be a way
                    to produce SPIKES of current in the coils if they are placed close
                    in proximity to the solenoids. So their bar would need to be larger.
                    Last edited by morpher44; 10-04-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

trying to build it...

Originally posted by mlurye View Post
                      morpher44,
                      Did you try to build it yourself?
                      Thank you for the books, they are realy good.
                      So far I have only built parts of the Hendershot Fuelless Generator circuit ... not the full thing.
                      There are several speculations of what that circuit actually should be ... so a bit of guess work is in order.
                      The number of turns on the coils is known, yes, but not the desired inductance.
                      The Magnet-Bar-Solenoid device is not well understood. Lots of experiments needed to figure that one out.
                      The capacitor is a bit tricky to make. I use household aluminum foil which I suspect has too much resistance. I need to re-think the capacitor.
                      I have a 5 inch coil (not 5 5/16 inch) and a different number of turns.
                      I have 30UF and 100UF caps instead of 40UF and 80UF.

My objective at first is to better understand the different ways to hook this up ... and to even pulse it with a chopper circuit or powered relay ... to see how it responds... etc.

This is a bit of a fun research project ... and I'm hoping others get excited and want to take up this challenge as well.

I think it is due time for this Hendershot device to be reverse-engineered.
                      We have excellent tools now and a much better understanding of the electronics and physics.

From what little I've been able to discover, I can really tell that Hendershot was pretty brilliant here. This was not the invention of a guy who just wired things together and got lucky. This was a well crafted, well designed device which utilized the state-of-the-art (at the time) coil designs (basket weave / honeycomb coils used by radio engineers of his day), an "expensive" 3-pole magnet from a radar magnetron, a specially constructed mechanical solenoid device, etc. Hendershot put many many man hours into this device and it shows.

I do not believe the disinfo that Hendershot was a wizard putting his special body-electric power in as he touched it. It was pointed out that his kids could make his device function when he wasn't even present.
                      He demoed it to several dignitaries.
                      It was written up in the media and was a topic of discussion around the country.
                      There was an effective disinfo campaign to discourage folks
                      from believing that it could work, etc.

The story is quite intriguing and would make an excellent movie.
                      Yes those books are really cool. I agree.

I also got my hands on
                      "Earth Energy, the entrancing force with a thousand names".
                      That is a bizarre little book.
                      Last edited by morpher44; 10-04-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Negative Reactance

The concept of "Negative Resistance" is all the rage ... and if it could be done at room temperature with off-the-shelf parts, it could be exploited for energy devices.

Negative resistance is utilized in "powered" oscillator designs, exploiting
                        certain non-linear resistance curves that dip down at certain frequencies
                        and instead of rising.

So I had a thought regarding AC systems.

How about "negative reactance"?

Imagine a coil with two windings... one for a DC pulse bias
                        and another for your inductance in your circuit.

Suppose you were to pulse a coil with ferromagnetic material
                        to bias it (like they did in the old days of Magnetic Amplifiers).
                        Use pulsed DC though, not a steady DC bias.

When the pulse is present, the inductance DROPS.
                        When the pulse is NOT present, the magnetic field
                        is retained in the ferro material for a time ... but
                        eventually the magnetic field starts to collapse.
                        As it does, the inductance starts to rise in the coil.

The coil, hence, would have a non-linear response curve
                        that would have low inductance during the pulse and
                        an increasing inductance when the pulse is NOT present.
                        NOTE: This pulsed biasing can also be done inductively via
                        another coil nearby providing a pulsing flux.

So the bias coil is given pulsed DC.
                        Lets suppose the other coil is fed a pure sine wave.
                        What would the wave look like as it leaves the coil?

With a certain amount of Joules of energy entering
                        and leaving the coil, wouldn't there be times
                        in this curve when there is a negative reactance?

This line of thinking is very new to me ... so I honestly
                        don't know.

Does anyone have experience with the concept
                        of "negative reactance" and how to exploit it?
                        Last edited by morpher44; 10-04-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

You can chase the Pages through Google Translator, it translates most of the text like here.
                          Google Translator Kondensator = Capacitor
                          Someone did try to put a ferrit core inside, and when he did come closer with an other Ferrit,
                          he did see some changes, when i did get this right.
                          I read again partially through the Thread, but they make a lot of Point,
                          what anyhow dont really helps, but as i saw the Basket coils,
                          i do think on, what i ve done lately.
                          Wrap some Wire (50 Turns or more) around the middle from a Coil,
                          pulse it, like Hendershot does at his Circuits with Caps,
                          and you can get a lot of HV from the large Coil just from the induction.
                          I could get this way 400V with ~10khz Pulse, enough for a cfl,
                          but the Coil is at 500khz Freq, complete different Freq, but stable.
                          Just the middle Coil goes some hot, and draw even with #28 Wire 2 ah
                          Hendershot did do that at few Coils at his Circuit, and put them in serie seems.
                          And somewhere i read a note about, you can get the full induction from a Coil,
                          when you got one Coil in parallel, and one pointing into the Coil in a 90° Angle.
                          But anyhow i lost it, and how it was better described.
                          Both seems that is something, what hendershot did use.

Edit- i forgot, he didnt do a Sim with Pspice, because he know,
                          that he cant really trust on the Result.
                          Last edited by Joit; 10-04-2009, 01:20 PM.
                          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

More Questions

Hubbards approach actually use the NMR?, its about a EM wave?
                            Someone got a problem, to understand this,
                            because Hs' device supports 60Hz output.
                            There is a posibillity that you can do that with a subharmonic Freq,
                            but it would be 2.8 GHz/60 = 46*10^9 = 46 000 000 000 000 subfrequency,
                            and he dont think that this works.

Other thing, he's asking, why is PHI importend, but not how.
                            Maybe its not a EM Wave, but something else? He would like to know,
                            if hubbard did know any usefull about this.
                            -I guess, thats a 1 Million Dollar Question,lol-
                            You are probatly right with the Iron core, an other User did try Alloy,
                            but the Ironcore did start vibrating, alloy dont.

With non-linear you are right too, and he s guessing, that the buzzer is highly non-linear too.
                            In Relation with the Caps you could can create subharmonics.
                            He could create with his Sim strongh Pulses, but he still dont trust it.

He dont think, that the Caps are like a receiver,
                            at last not in electrical Manner, there would run 100W over it,
                            and the Wires, where it is connected would probatly heat up.
                            He would calculate it, but no time.

With the simulation he would only show, when you see the basketcoils as Source and the Buzzer as inductivity, you can reproduce the Statement from Hendershot

-There is a Resonance point at 60hz.
                            -With the Buzzer you can tune the Generator.

Comment

Hubbard coil...

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                              Hubbards approach actually use the NMR?, its about a EM wave?
                              Someone got a problem, to understand this,
                              because Hs' device supports 60Hz output.
                              There is a posibillity that you can do that with a subharmonic Freq,
                              but it would be 2.8 GHz/60 = 46*10^9 = 46 000 000 000 000 subfrequency,
                              and he dont think that this works.
                              Enter frequency (Ghz) > 2.8
                              2^7 = 21875000.000000 hz
                              2^8 = 10937500.000000 hz
                              2^9 = 5468750.000000 hz
                              2^10 = 2734375.000000 hz
                              2^11 = 1367187.500000 hz am band
                              2^12 = 683593.750000 hz am band
                              2^13 = 341796.875000 hz
                              2^14 = 170898.437500 hz
                              2^15 = 85449.218750 hz
                              2^16 = 42724.609375 hz