Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think i found some missing info from Tesla's radiant energy patent

YouTube - Update 30 - Found missing info from Tesla Radiant Energy Patent

Think i found some missing info from tesla's radiant energy patent.
    I am theorising based on this info that the elevated plate was negatively charged prior and possibly even the ground plate is positively charged prior using an electrophorus or large bank of batteries. This would provide a condenser in series with the plates and the environment just as he mentions in the patent that they are in "series". The jj thomson document mentions that the charge doesnt appear unless the plate is negatively charged prior

Let the experiments begin!!!

Excellent theory.. Worthy of experimentation..

Go to the top of the class..!
    "Doesn't matter how many times you kick the coyote in the head, it's still gonna eat chickens". - EPD

Comment

Nat

You may find the scans below of intrest.
      Last edited by john_g; 11-01-2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

negative ions

In thinking about this a bit, an experiment to exploit Tesla's idea here might be able to utilize many different ways of producing negative ions near or onto the collector plate.

[] Salt crystal lamps are known to emit negative ions
        [] or a low power negative ion generator could be used
        [] falling water -- waterfalls or water sprays -- produces negative ions

Negative ions have health benefits as well as mental/mood benefits.

Perhaps there is an inexpensive or low-energy way of producing
        negative charges.

Comment

Free Energy

Hamster + wheel = motion.

Put a belt on the hamster wheel that acts as a pulley on another wheel made of glass or plastic. Turn the whole thing into a Vaan De Graff Generator. Take the output of the HaamsteGraff through tesla's air ionizer.

Well the energy would cost you cleaning his cage, unless you had free range hamsters that fed off of the ambient environment (a field nearby)

Thats the free-est cheapest way I could come up with getting ions, if you didn't live near a waterfall.

Comment

Thanks all for the great feedback and comments!!
            After reading john_g’s documents it occurred to me that there must be something else that is missing from the patent as you would expect.

In Tesla’s article ROENTGEN RAY INVESTIGATIONS* 22 april 1896 he mentions that he is experimenting with roentgen ray vacuum tubes immersed in oil and that he is taking xrays at 45 feet away from the tube. That is amazing. From what I have read of some of the other experimenters work of the time no-one else was doing anything like this. This statement made me think that the oil immersion was somehow special to these magnifying effects.

Then on june 17th 1896 he files an application for a patent on a oil condenser 567 818 which he gets later on September 15th
            And then another patent on oil condensers 577 671 in 1897
            This makes me think that he has discovered around this time the remote charging of the condensers around this time with his roentgen ray vacuum tubes .
            Also makes me wonder whether the elevated plate in the radiant energy patent is immersed in oil…..or perhaps a elevated sphere with oil inside…only some experiments will confirm this…..as this would combine the features of the roengten ray vacuum tube in the sense that it incorporates both advantages – Low vacuum pressure and the advantages of the oil as demonstrated by the magnifying effects.

Also it is mentioned that the rays travel in straight lines. Perhaps the ground plate and the elevated plate need to be in a straight line from the source of the rays. I was watching a discovery channel show on the sun and they also mentioned that the neutrinos (radiant energy/cosmic rays) travel in straight lines. The Egyptians also show the sun with its rays travelling in straight lines.
            Cheers
            Nat

Comment

Relative static permittivity

Linear relative permittivity of vacuum is equal to 1.
              Quantum effects are predicted at high field strengths.
              Supposedly this has NOT been observed -- or not by anyone
              who cared to publish.

It occurs to me that if you created a large copper or aluminum PLATE that
              was surrounded by a material that had a LARGE
              relative static permittivity, not only would the capacitance be
              LARGE -- and hence its ability to hold a LARGE negative charge
              for a LONGER time constant -- but also in Tesla patent mentioned above, it could possibly serve as a better collector of radiant energy.

So what has a LARGE relative static permittivity?

Water at 0 degrees C has a decent value of 88.
              Tesla has a patent discussing the interesting properties of
              ICE. Patent 685,012 discusses the importance of coiling
              to "increase the intensity and duration".
              I recall reading other things by Tesla about ICE.
              Those in such climates can exploit the COLD to their
              advantage perhaps for electrical equipment.

Graphite is EASY to get - cheap -- has a value of 10 to 15.

Ammonia is interesting with a value of 17 @ 20 degrees C.

Titanium dioxide has a value of 86 to 173.

Strontium titanate ... a wopping 310.

(La,Nb)Zr,Ti)PbO3 : 500-6000

Conjugated polymers: 1.8-6 up to 100000

μm–nm heterostructures: 1.8-6 up to 100000

Another patent that is very interesting is Tesla's patent 1,266,175.
              In this he proposes an improvement to Ben Franklin's
              "Lightning-Protector".
              He discusses how Ben's design is bad in that it actually
              attracts lightning -- showing how Maxwell's math argues for
              a sphere and not a POINTY rod.

I suspect Tesla had a different purpose with patent 1,266,175.
              The patent is not so he can sell new lightning rods to every
              home in the world. The purpose is to TEACH all of us
              these concepts in terms of POINTY vs. spherical with
              respect to BOLTs of energy.

If you look inside an ion generator, you see a matrix
              of POINTY little pins that the ions form on when its plugged in.

It is likely that pointy pin structures and spherical structures
              are important for an energy collector ... and understanding
              these geometries is a good start.

Comment

lightning catcher

One predicted outcome of the global climate change and the
                strange sun cycle is the advent of super storms.

We have seen some large storms and more may be due as we
                approach 2012.

Collecting SOLAR energy and WIND energy is great.

I am very surprised that no one as yet has thought of collecting
                LIGHTNING. This is a storm chaser's dream.

Yes this sounds like a Frankenstien idea but actually its a Tesla idea.
                Tesla is the prototypical "mad scientist", trying to harness lightning.

It wouldn't make sense, necessarily to build a facility to
                harness lightning. Rather, it might make more sense to
                build a MOBILE facility. Take the facility to the storm.

Lasers can be used to ionize and impose a charge
                to create a column for the lightning strike.
                Carefully constructed receivers could be raised that
                safely take the lightning HIT and bring the energy
                down into the system.
                The physics are pretty well understood ..
                but this is dangerous ... so the person attempting this
                would have to really know their stuff.

It might be possible to create a large quantity of hydrogen
                from several lightning strikes.
                One could also charge those LARGE batteries
                such as ones made by ZBB Energy Corp.

If such a machine could be made ... this would be
                the most BAD-ASS job in the world to do.

Comment

I like your idea about the ICE!!!

That is one simple experiment...Try an elevated negatively charged plate with ice on top of it or below it or both. And a positively charged ground plate.

The oil that Tesla was referring to was paraffin and from what i gather causes a diffraction effect (ie scattering effect)

The lightning idea is beyond my skill set. But i will look at the patent again anyway.

Cheers

Nat

Comment

negative ion generator

btw, I have in my bathroom, for experimentation purposes,
                    two glass panes 2ft by 5ft (or so) with two aluminum strips
                    between them -- as a sort of Tesla collector.

Last night I attached this to my voltmeter and ground -- set
                    it to AC and measure approx. 1 volt RMS (or so).
                    With the florescent lights in the room, the voltage drops.
                    Kill the lights, and the voltage increases on the collector.
                    The lights are dampening or attenuating the reception on these
                    plates.
                    These CFL lights could be a source of positive ions
                    (which irritate human beings btw).

I then put my negative ion generator up near the plates and
                    turned it on.

The voltage measure from the plates popped up to 2.5 volts AC RMS
                    or so.

So this simple experiment demonstrates this idea of creating
                    negative ions NEAR your collector plates.
                    Certainly pre-charging the plates to a very HIGH negative charge
                    would be more dramatic voltage-wise.
                    I predict, though, that the plates will be LOSSY and the
                    charge will dissipate depending on your capacitance and
                    resistance. Household aluminum foil is very resistive ... so not
                    very ideal here.
                    My plates are not big enough.

The thing about capacitors are that you need to make
                    them physically LARGE
                    OR
                    use a dielectric (the bigger the better as discussed above).
                    YES ICE sounds like a cool idea. :-)

Another idea, that won't melt, is to use
                    CARBON and PARAFFIN.

Comment

Yes you are correct about the negative precharging. The experiments i have looked at by jj thomson and others were using 200-300 volts of precharge. God knows what Tesla was using. I would imagine much much higher.

Interesting experiment you conducted! As Tesla said in the roengten rays article of 22april1896 94% of the rays remained unaccounted for. So something he did or discovered later must have captured more.

He certainly was investigating liquid insulaters as such....so paraffin or ICE are certainly good places to start some experiments with.

Cheers
                      Nat

Comment

i just had a vague recollection of Tesla using ice on his ground connection or was it water. I will have to double check that.

But having thought about it, this would mean that we would have a super conducting condenser (capacitor) in series with the wheel work of nature.

anyway something to ponder about................

Comment

For a long time Tesla stated that Roentgen rays are harmless up the the accident when x-rays burned skin of his assistant.
                          In my opinion Tesla thought that Roentgen rays is another kind of radiant energy he was experimenting with ,with different frequency probably.
                          The other statement from Tesla support that idea: he mentioned the perfect make&break device will only "crack" disallowing any back rush of current or AC oscillations.He said that the perfect vacuum would do the trick.Read below:

"The ideal medium for a discharge gap should only crack, and the ideal
                          electrode should be of some material which cannot be disintegrated.
                          With small currents through the gap it is best to employ aluminum, but
                          not when the currents are large. The disruptive break in the air, or more
                          or less in any ordinary medium, is not of the nature of a crack, but it is
                          rather comparable to the piercing of innumerable bullets through a mass
                          offering great frictional resistances to the motion of the bullets, this
                          involving considerable loss of energy. A medium which would merely
                          crack when strained electrostatically—and this possibly might be the
                          case with a perfect vacuum, that is, pure ether—would involve a very
                          small loss in the gap, so small as to be entirely negligible, at least
                          theoretically, because a crack may be produced by an infinitely small
                          displacement. In exhausting an oblong bulb provided with two
                          aluminum terminals, with the greatest care, I have succeeded in
                          producing such a vacuum that the secondary discharge of a disruptive
                          discharge coil would break disruptively through the bulb in the form of
                          fine spark streams. The curious point was that the discharge would
                          completely ignore the terminals and start far behind the two aluminum
                          plates which served as electrodes. This extraordinary high vacuum
                          could only be maintained for a very short while."

That was reported in 1893, and 1892 Tesla sent a few x-rays photographs to Roentgen.There are two curious facts : discharge placed behind electrodes and something which filled vacuum after short moment.This is also proof that Tesla generated x-rays, and he didn't realized that they were different then OTHERS rays,presumably very similar in features yet HARMLESS.

As I said in other thread : cathodic rays (electrons) suddenly stopped in vacuum produce x-rays , very widely investigated phenomena.
                          The question arises : what is produced when anode rays as suddenly stopped ????

Seems nobody was interested....

Comment

Here is example of anode rays : http://image.tutorvista.com/content/...roduction.jpeg

Tesla FOUND IT FIRST ! Compare that to his description of experiment from 1893 (or slightly earlier)

Comment

@boguslaw

I shall highlight the key parts of Tesla's radiant energy patent in response

Nikola Tesla - Method of Utilizing Radiant Energy - Patent No. 685,958

"It is well known that certain radiations - such as those of ultra-violet light, cathodic, Roentgen rays, or the like - possess the property of charging and discharging conductors of electricity, the discharge being particularly noticeable when the conductor upon which the rays impinge is negatively electrified......
                              ... when rays or radiations of the above kind are permitted to fall upon an insulated conducting body connected to one of the terminals of a condenser, while the other terminal of the same is made by independant means to receive or to carry away electricity, a current flows into the condenser so long as the insulated body is exposed to the rays.

paragraph 40
                              Referring to Fig1 C is the condenser, P the insulated plate or conducting body which is exposed to the rays and P' another plate or conductor, all being joined in series

Comment

Working...
                              X