Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does spirulina have an appetite-suppressing effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does spirulina have an appetite-suppressing effect?

Recently I've noticed that the more spirulina I consume, the less I need to eat at mealtimes to be satisfied. My junk food cravings have noticeably lessened, too.

Somebody once explained to me that if we eat a steady diet of refined or over-processed foods, then our body compells us to get hungrier more often in an effort to take in the much-needed nutrients. And so we usually end up eating even more of the bad stuff to compensate! Going by that logic then, the spirulina is giving me so much nutrition that I no longer need to eat as much as I used to. And that's great!

Rin,

I am relatively new to spirulina so haven't tried it for that long but my results were as follows:

I began taking it several weeks ago & was having 2g per day for 3 weeks. During that time I didn't notice any change in my appetite at all. In fact I didn't notice any outward benefit at all (I am also not on PATHS so that wasn't having any counter effect). After 3 weeks I stopped taking it as I developed a virus & was unwell for 2 weeks.

I started taking it again 5 days ago & in the last 2 days my appetite has decreased & I have found that I am not craving anything sweet, which is fantastic. I have been thinking however that perhaps it was something Grace had done with her corrections for me as I had been talking to her on Wednesday & it has only occurred since then.

Regards,
    Sharyn
    Theta Healing
    Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Comment

Spirulina is a Food

Spirulina is a food, so it would make sense that the more you ate of this food, the less you would be hungry for other food.

On top of that, it is probably the best food on this planet!

Here is a link that gives Good Info on Spirulina

I have noticed that when I take my spirulina it is about equal to eating a food bar as far as filling me up/curbing appetite.

There are many, many other benefits to eating spirulina. Here are a couple of links:

http://www.energeticforum.com/paths-...spirulina.html

SuperFood

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
      Energetic Science Ministries
      Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Thank you Kevin, that's very helpful info! Sharyn, you will need to take far more spirulina once you start your modules. I am now on a whopping 12 grams a day, because I like the benefits so much. I started with around 4 grams, and worked my way up slowly, so I didn't suffer much of a detox effect, like many other people have reported.

Spirulina is really very filling! The other day my work was so busy that I didn't get a chance to eat lunch until 4PM - but I felt fine, thanks to that green stuff! My son swears by it, too.

Comment

Rin,

Now that I have started Paths I am taking 6 g of spirulina & I have now found that my appetite has decreased too. So I hope that this continues to be the case.

On the downside, I started taking spirulina (2g) several weeks ago & after a couple of weeks I came down with what I thought was a virus which lasted for a couple of weeks. (I hadn't heard that you can get a detox effect from it then.) I stopped taking the spirulina during those couple of weeks & restarted it about 2 weeks ago & now a couple of days ago I started coming down with exactly the same symptoms again. So I assume I must be going through another detox period.

Do most people experience this when new to taking spirulina?

Sharyn
          Theta Healing
          Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Comment

appetite and absorption

The decrease in appetite is a function of the nutrients being absorbable. Typically from about 40 years old and on the hydrochloric acid levels secreted in the stomach decrease gradually over the years and in addition to slightly decreasing enzyme production the hcl (hydrochloric acid) is really need to break down food but isn't being produced enough to do this. Therefore, the body is slightly starving and the person may have the need to eat and eat and eat.

There isn't one single cause for obesity as the problems vary over a wide range of issues but one very common one is simply the nutrients are not being absorbed.

The lower down in the food chain the food is, the more densely packed in nutrients and the more easy it is able to be broken down. Spirulina, AFA blue-green algae, chlorella are algae's and are very primal lifeforms densely packed with nutrients and easy to break down. That is why some of the appetite can decrease.

Beef is about 20-30% protein depending and is VERY difficult for most people to break down. Digestion starts in the mouth by chewing and chewing and chewing. Sometimes, I'll chew a piece of steak for 5, 10 or even 15 minutes until it is the consistency of a puree before I swallow. That way, most of the break down already happened. The nutrients will be more easily absorbed and my digestion doesn't have to work as hard. I do produce enough hcl but the chewing compensates for not being very absorbable to begin with. (spirulina is about 70% pure protein - so pound for pound, there is more protein than beef).

One of my friends who is an eccentric inventor genius was experimenting on himself with weight loss. He lost about 40-45 pounds in 2 months. How did he do it? Rectal suppositories of frozen nutrient solutions.

Besides the mouth, the rectum is the next most absorbable place in the body since anything there goes directly into the blood stream bypassing digestion issues. He would take small balloons about the shape of a thumb, fill them with electrolytes, some vitamin C, little niacin and a few other nutrients. Besides there and sublingually in the mouth, the most absorbable way to get nutrients is intravenous through an IV straight to the blood stream. Anyway, he would freeze these little balloons then cut the end, slip out the frozen nutrients and insert. They would dissolve in a few minutes and the nutrients were right in the blood stream. His appetite went away drastically since he had no need to crave food since he was getting the nutrients that he wasn't getting from eating food. 2 months he lost about 40-45 pounds from this alone.

Absorption of nutrients is why the spirulina can decrease appetite and this shows how absorbable it really is.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

As much as I want to lose weight, I don't think I am ready to stick some frozen junk up my butt.

For now I will stick with PATHS.
              Namaste,
              Pamela
              Discover the Single Greatest Health Science Breakthrough of the Century

Comment

I have to ask.....

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                He would take small balloons about the shape of a thumb, fill them with electrolytes, some vitamin C, little niacin and a few other nutrients.

Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and ask if you know more specifically what his formula was. And at the risk of sharing WAY too much information , yes, I'd be willing to try something like this. But I would want to know what the correct ingredients are. So if you know more, please share.

Thanks,
                Ann
                Paths To Your Success

Comment

Fyi

I consulted with my nutritionist at my local healthfood store a while ago and she recommended a suppliment to me. I don't use it that often but it is an hcl supplement. She showed me exaclty how to use it, so that I didn't over do it, but I kinda don't use it that much because I'm scared of the fact that it's an acid. That probably shouldn't scare me though. So for those interested you can take a supplement for increasing the hcl in your stomach. Also, I take digestive enzymes whenever I eat any food that doesn't have them i.e. cooked food. This also aides in the digesting of your food. Your body produces or makes it's own enzymes, but over time this can deplete resources in your body and lead to problems, especially considering that most people eat almost all their foods cooked and eat a lot of processed foods that are hard on our bodies and digestive systems. This among other factors (taking nutritional supplements and eating less processed foods) has decreased my appetite significantly over a long period of time.
                  Real products that activate dormant spiritual abilities

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by Pamela Vicik-Smith View Post
                    As much as I want to lose weight, I don't think I am ready to stick some frozen junk up my butt.

For now I will stick with PATHS.
                    as crazy as it is, it works but I'm not necessarily recommending it, just showing a point about absorption. lol
                    Sincerely,
                    Aaron Murakami

Comment

I can't help it!

Thankfully, after 2 months or so, the Take it Off is finally beginning to work with me (no frozen supplemental therapy needed)

I had been gaining weight for awhile, started on the Take it Off, it halted the weight gain after a couple of weeks. Now, a couple of months later I have lost 4 pounds in the last few days.

Last edited by Kevin; 05-24-2007, 07:36 AM.
                      Kevin

PATHS For Healing
                      Energetic Science Ministries
                      Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

Take it Off and Ultimate Body

It also took a few months for the new habits in Take it Off to really take root for me. However, I think I can comfortably say, my eating habits have changed for good.

I have noticed the biggest change in my portion control. I am eating about half of what I used to eat, and this new habit seems effortless to me.

For instance, yesterday at work I orded a special that consisted of a burger, fries, and Coke. I took about five or six of the fries and gave the remainder along with the Coke to a co-worker. I threw out the top portion of the burger bun and just ate the burger itself with the bottom portion of the bun. I was able to eat what I was craving, but not get carried away and eat more than was good for me. For someone who has struggled with her weight most of her life, this is empowering!

I also joined a new gym that just opened over the weekend. I have gone there every day after work, even though it means I am not getting home until around 8-8:30 at nite. I am really enjoying it and actually look forward to it at the end of the day.

About two to three weeks ago I changed out the Take it Off module for the Increased Energy and Motivation module. I was on the TIO module for almost four months, enough time to instill the new habits. I plan on restarting the TIO in another six weeks to see if I can get another big surge of weight loss.
                        Namaste,
                        Pamela
                        Discover the Single Greatest Health Science Breakthrough of the Century

Comment

ingredients

Originally posted by Ann-ticipatingSuccess View Post
                          Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and ask if you know more specifically what his formula was. And at the risk of sharing WAY too much information , yes, I'd be willing to try something like this. But I would want to know what the correct ingredients are. So if you know more, please share.

Thanks,
                          Ann
                          Hi Ann, I'll ask.
                          Sincerely,
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

hmmm

Gives you a whole new perspective of "Freezing your ass off" doesn't it????

Yes, I went ahead and went there (where I know all your thoughts were also). lol.

Hey Ann, I'll try pretty much anything once, so if you do this, I will try it with you just to see what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                              Hey Ann, I'll try pretty much anything once, so if you do this, I will try it with you just to see what it's like.
                              Wow, Jamie! What a brave offer!

Based on your pic, you don't look like you need to lose any weight. Are you sure you want to try this?!

It's nice to know there's another brave - and sweet - soul out there willing to try this with me.

Thank you!

Ann
                              Paths To Your Success

Comment

Working...
                              X