Reincarnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reincarnation

The following is an article written by Carter Phipps investigating occurrences of reincarnation, particularly involving young children.

Carter Phipps: Death, Rebirth, <br>and Everything in Between

Regards,
    Sharyn
    Theta Healing
    Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

Hi Sharyn -

I just finished reading the article you attached.

Personally, I had never believed in reincarnation until about three or four months ago when I discovered the teachings of Abraham through Esther Hicks. Before changing my beliefs, I had often wondered why those who recounted past lives could not provide little-known details that could be verified.

I see now, from the article, that many have done just that. It sent chills down my spine I really loved it!!!

Thanks so much for posting Sharyn!
    Namaste,
    Pamela
    Discover the Single Greatest Health Science Breakthrough of the Century

Comment

Hi Pamela,

I found the article pretty compelling when I first read it & it certainly convinced me. I'd always been open minded about the possibility of reincarnation & often wondered about it.

I can't really explain why but I am drawn to particular eras of history that I am always interested in reading about & I really dislike the Elizabethan era when Elizabeth 1 reigned, so I never read books about her & her time. The thought had occurred to me that maybe they were times when I have had previous lives.

Now, this week Grace has told me that I experienced trauma in past lives (I forgot to ask her what & when) - maybe it was during Elizabeth's reign which is why I avoid reading about that time period. On the other hand, I might just have a really good imagination & it may have nothing to do with it

I also enjoy the works of Esther Hicks & Abraham. "Ask & It Is Given" was one of the first books that I bought when I started getting interested in personal development . Have you listened to any of the live channelings that Esther has done with Abraham?

Sharyn
      Theta Healing
      Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Wow, what an amazing article! It's very long, but it's well-written and worth the read. Thank you so much for posting it, Sharyn! I especially appreciate the analogy with present-life phobias and past-life traumas, this is most useful information.

By the way, parts of it dovetail nicely with my experience - which I've described elsewhere - of visiting a place for the first time and feeling absolutely certain that I'd been there before, probably lived there in fact.

Comment

Ever since I was a kid, I used to have problems with my throat. A soar throat were more common than not having it.
          Then, about '91, I was in a meditation group, and when we ended by Christmas, the lady who had the group gave us all a past life reading.
          She said that my aura was like fireworks around my head and that I had a connection with another lady in the group, whom I didn't know.
          She said she saw me during the second world war, that I was a young, German woman, helping the Jews away from the Nazis. She also felt that the woman I was connected to, was living in France, and somehow we helped many Jews to escape to France.
          She ended by saying that something happened to me, but that it wouldn't serve me to know what at that point.

Forward about a year:
          One night I had the most intense soar throat. It was so bad I couldn't even drink water. Being used to a soar throat, I knew this was different. I drove to the hospital, only to be treated like a hypochondriac and sent back home.
          A few hours later, it was so bad I could hardly breath and had a very high temperature, so drove back to the hospital in pure panic.
          The rushed me to the main hospital in an ambulance, pumped me full with drugs and later told me that if I had come in half an hour later, they wouldn't have had a chance to save me. I had gotten some kind of an infection that literally suffocated me.

Forward about another year:
          I was talking to this medium/psychic on the phone. She said she got a soar throat when she talked to me. I told her that I had a soar throat and maybe she was picking up on that.
          She then continued and said she saw me in Germany during the second world war, (I had not said a word about what I had been told by this other lady) and that I was a young, German woman, very 'insignificantly' looking, that I was working in a shoe factory and that I was helping Jews flee from the Nazis.
          At this point the hair stood up on my head... she repeated exactly what I had been told before.
          She then goes on, saying that my name was Berta Hildegard Muller, my father was either Hans of Heinz, and my mother's name was Hannelore (I think that was it), and that I lived in a town close to the French border.

The next scene she saw, was me being caught by the German's as a traitor (sp) and that they hung me. The INSTANT she said those words, my soar throat was completely gone!
          She said this was the very moment the British Army invaded and ended the war, and the next scene was what she believed was a British soldier, cutting me down, saving my life. She said I did from some kind of illness, like pneumonia or something, in 1958.

I asked her if she could see the name of the town I had been living in, she said all she got was that it began with a T and was close to the French border.

A couple of months after that, i was watching something very briefly on TV ( I usually don't watch TV at all) and saw this couple talking, it was supposed to be during or after the second world war. The woman mentions the name Trier, a place I've never heard about before, but it struck something withing me, so strongly that I had to look it up. It was a town in Germany, close to the French border

Do I need to mention that I have never since had a soar throat?

Also, I've never really enjoyed watching TV, but I saw every episode of the Holocaust when I was young, now I think I know why!

Moria x
          Intuitive Readings
          P.A.T.H.S
          Web design by Hannah King

Comment

Hi Rin,

Glad that you found it useful. I thought that it was a very well balanced & informative article & certainly has me questioning a few things in my life.

If you're interested in exploring this subject further then you might like to have a look at Carol Bowman's website. She has been doing past life regressions for over 18 years & works with children.

She has written a book "Children's Past Lives" & you can access little excerpts of each chapter by scrolling down to the bottom of the page on this link Carol Bowman - Past Life Center.

The following is one of the excerpts:

Chapter 8: Blake
            Excerpt from Children's Past Lives by Carol Bowman

Everywhere I went, I tactfully steered the discussion to the subject of children's past life memories. I was getting skilled at slipping it into almost any conversation. Just by bringing up the subject everywhere and often, I found the cases were there...right in my own backyard.

I first met Tiiu at tea at a friend's house. I liked her immediately. She was fun to listen to, and enlivened the conversation with her sharp views and quick retorts. When I had the opportunity to mention children's past life memories, Tiiu didn't hesitate a second.

"Oh," she said, "Liia had a past life recollection just last year. I'm sure that's what it was."

Tiiu tells what happened:

When Liia was two years old, we were riding in the car together; Liia was in her car seat in the back looking out the window. We went over a bridge with aluminum guard rails that spanned a steep ravine, when suddenly she said in a clear, excited voice, "Mommy, this is just like where I died!" She was not upset, just very matter-of-fact.

I said, "Liia, what are you talking about?"

"I was in my car and it fell off the bridge in the water and I died."

I was shocked by what she said and pulled off the road so I wouldn’t have an accident. I then asked her, "Where was Mama?"

"You weren’t with me that time."

I was amazed at what Liia was telling me. I wanted to find out more, so I ventured, "Well, who was driving the car, then?"

"I was big. I could reach the pedals." Liia answered.

I wondered, how did Liia know that you drove the car with pedals? She always sat in the back in her car seat and couldn’t see what my feet were doing.

I continued, trying not to lead her, "Then what happened?"

"I didn’t have my seat belt on and I fell out of the car and into the water." Then, she put her hand up on the back of her head and continued, "Mommy, I was laying on the rocks. I could feel the rocks on my head." She moved her head back and forth to show me how her head was positioned on the rocks. And she added, "And I saw the shiny bridge." She then pointed up and tilted her head back and said, "I saw the shiny bridge and the bubbles going up." Her eyes gazed upward.

This floored me. How could she know about the bubbles? At this point in her life, she had never been underwater, because she didn’t swim. She doesn’t put her face in the water in the tub. She had never watched television at all—I know because I'm her mother and I didn't let her watch until she was older. Yet, she said, 'I could see the bubbles going up and the sun on the bridge through the water.'

For the next year and a half she talked about this often, always with the same detail, never with any variation. She was always very cheerful and matter-of-fact; remembering dying didn't seem to bother her at all. And, the amazing thing about all this is that Liia has always been a fanatic about wearing seatbelts. Even before she could talk she would always make sure that her seat belt was fastened before she rode in the car. And as soon as she knew enough words to make demands, she insisted that everyone else in the car wore a seat belt too every time we drove anywhere.

<< PREVIOUS CHAPTER | BOOK CONTENTS | NEXT CHAPTER >>

Regards,

Sharyn
            Theta Healing
            Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Hi Moria,

Thank you for sharing your experience. What an amazing insight. I'm glad that you are now finally free of your sore throat & that you've been able to make that connection.

Regards,
              Sharyn
              Theta Healing
              Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Abraham and Esther Hicks

Hi Sharyn -

Yes, I have heard Esther channel Abraham. I subscribe to the monthly CD's and love them dearly! I have been getting them since around February. In fact, I would love to find a bunch of the older ones that I can buy from someone. Maybe at a yard sale over the summer, though I don't know how anyone could part with them

I have three of the books. I am sure you probably know this, but there is a fabulous Abe forum on PI.

Wait a minute....I think I might know you! Are you the one whose picture is of you sitting on the floor with a white feather boa?
                Namaste,
                Pamela

Comment

Hi Pamela,

Actually, I didn't know about the forum, I haven't visited there yet. So it's not me in the white boa. I am actually camera shy, I hate having my photo taken.
                  I might try & get a photo taken shortly though & work out how to upload it here, 'cos it is nicer if you can see who you're talking to.

You are probably already aware of this but you can listen to Esther Hicks & Abraham over at
                  Hay House Radio | Radio For The Soul | Listen Live to Hay House Authors | Homepage.
                  They have a free downloads section & if you look under "archives - hosts" you can bring up all the speakers & programs that are available, but you will probably have them all on cd already anyway.

Sharyn
                  Theta Healing
                  Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Sorry Sharyn

Actually I was aware of Hay House but did not know they have archived Abe stuff. That is fantastic news

I will check it out over the weekend and download some stuff and burn to a CD. When I get stuck in traffic, it is nice to have something positive to listen to.

Thanks so much for supplying the link
                    Namaste,
                    Pamela

Comment

More on Past Lives &amp; in Between

Hi everybody,

Sharyn, thanks so much for posting that article - it was a great read. I've been anxious to post to this thread, but I wanted to finish reading that 1st, and it was well worth it.

I've long believed in reincarnation, just because the concept felt right. Then as I became acquainted with Abrahams teachings a few years ago, their revelations about non-physical and that there is no "death" as our culture perceives it, also felt true to me. It feels almost surreal to read that scientists discount the evidence of 2,500 case studies.

Another point that fascinated me was the part about children ending this recall of past lives when they reach a certain age in later childhood. I read an article a while back that created a huge "AHA!" for me, and it's here: Hypnotic Language: Solutions in a Word . The title is almost misleading as the main area of interest for me was quotes from Jean Piaget's research on cognition in children. For me, it all explained why my mother (and so many others of the same generation), who had grown up in the depression, passed on their beliefs in shortage and lack. But I digress...

Here is a quote from the article above that relates to the children's past life memories ending:
                      The most general finding of Piaget's is that children gradually move from foveal awareness to an expanded, peripheral awareness. Children spend the first seven years of their life in a perpetual trance. This seven-year trance makes learning machines of children. But it also sets the stage for some rather unusual and unfounded beliefs about self, others and life. Once reaching the age of around seven this trance-state becomes voluntary. But other cognitive limitations continue on until about age eleven. Eventually children after age eleven gain the ability to simultaneously consider multiple issues on multiple levels.
                      I appreciated Moria's description of the sore throat issue and her past life discovery. I discussed something similar in the thread about Grace's CEM healing, and the revelation has served me well. I would still love to find a hypnotist to do a past life regression for me, and that will come, I'm sure.

I've recently read 2 books by Dr. Michael Newton, Destiny of Souls and Journey of Souls, and I suspect that those interested in the subject matter of this thread would LOVE his work. He is a hypnotist who started doing past-life regressions, but then found that his clients were recalling soul memories between lives (much like the discussions in the topic artical about NDEs, etc.) - so he began to focus there. His books present case studies of these sessions and compile a general sense of what happens to our souls... they have further enhanced my appreciation of this life and my moving way beyond fear when considering physical death of our bodies.

I'd love to hear more on this topic. Great thread, Sharyn, thanks again!

Love,
                      Joy
                      Follow your path to joy!

Comment

Reicarnation from a pyschic's point of view

Joy,
                        Thank you for those references for the books by Dr Michael Newton. I'll look out for them next time I visit my nearest large bookstore.

For those who are interested, here are a couple of links to articles from Erin Pavlina's blog about some of her beliefs / experiences regarding reincarnation. Erin had many psychic experiences throughout her childhood & teen years & is now a practising pyschic medium.

I personally find that Erin is a great communicator & has a very down to earth writing style.

Erin Pavlina’s Blog » Blog Archive » Past Lives

Erin Pavlina’s Blog » Blog Archive » Picking Our Parents and Our Life Circumstances.
                        Theta Healing
                        Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Hi Sharyn

Printed out those 19 pages and read them all and I LOVE it!! I am very interested in reincarnation and NDE's and all the rest - have read lots of books on it over the years. I really like Erin's easy to understand posts on the Steve Pavlina forum.

For those interested in NDE's I can recommend no better author than Elizabeth Kubler Ross.

Barb xx

Comment

Past Lives Video

Hi Barb,

Glad that you found the article interesting.I find it a fascinating subject. I came across this video today which touched on some of the points that I had been wondering about in relation to myself, particularly the reference to
                            associating with a particular time period.
                            YouTube - Past Lives Are Real - Roller Coaster Fear Proof

Love & Abundance

Sharyn
                            Theta Healing
                            Paths 2 Potential

Comment

The Hu Song

If you're interested in trying the HU song you might like to listen to this version. I found it a very powerful experience & could feel the energy connecting to me.
                              YouTube - The Hu Song

Love & Abundance

Sharyn
                              Theta Healing
                              Paths 2 Potential

Comment

Working...
                              X