Robert Adams Megawatt Motor/Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Adams Megawatt Motor/Generator

Hi folks, This thread is more for me to understand how Adams devices were heating water in his calorimeter at such high efficiencies as claimed and for anyone else that wishes to understand as well. This was posted in Rosemary Ainslie's COP>17 thread, quote : hi all
    this info might help us in understanding and developing this tech further.
    robert adams had in 1990 developed machines which delivered cop>1 w.r.t heating water much much more efficiently way over cop>17.he had also written a book explaining this phenomena.
    an eg of one of his machine.
    Adams 1 megawatt M/G
    Mass :20 kilo's
    Input Power :zero
    Colorimetrically Measured :infinite
    Efficiency :infinite
    Mass per Horsepower : unknown as of yet.
    link: Aethmogen - Australian Adams Motor - Part 1 : end quote.

Now I would sure like to know how he was getting such great results and which device or devices performed so well. I am aware of his eddy current device that was similar to Bill Mullers heater, but when I look at the Aethmogen link, it almost looks like hes just using the flyback of his coils to heat an element in the calorimeter. Also I know how his motors and Bedinis can give over COP>1.0 but I am very confused as to how he was heating water so efficiently and how his Megawatt device was operating. Any answers would be greatly appreciated and experiments that you may have made that can give clues as to the real workings of Robert Adams more efficient devices. I myself have built an Adams type motor with all north poles facing out and at one point with the 4:1 core to magnet size ratio, the coils started to get very cold to the touch, however I am more interested in manifesting heat to the maximum. Your thoughts welcome please.
    peace love light
    Tyson
    Aethmogen - Australian Adams Motor - Part 1
    Last edited by SkyWatcher; 08-25-2009, 02:33 AM.

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
    I myself have built an Adams type motor with all north poles facing out and at one point with the 4:1 core to magnet size ratio, the coils started to get very cold to the touch, however I am more interested in manifesting heat to the maximum. Your thoughts welcome please.
    peace love light
    Tyson
    wow, that would make a cold charger too I think. Did you happen to use segmented/multiple/powder for core? Have you tried using conducting solid iron core and 50% duty cycle at 50/60Hz?

Comment

Also I know how his motors and Bedinis can give over COP>1.0 but I am very confused as to how he was heating water so efficiently and how his Megawatt device was operating.
      Tyson
      In 1993 I had visited Dr Robert Adams at his place of residence in New Zealand, which in due time, he showed me around his workshop. I was shown one of his thermo motors at the time and can describe it as substantially similar to the standard Adams motor with a few modifications. The differences noted were:

1. The stator coils had a core capable of water flow to carry the excess heat from the stator.

2. The rotor had a metal/alloy inserted between the magnets.

It was my understanding that the type of metal or alloy was the impotant part. In fact when I saw the rotor with the extra holes I queried Dr Adams as to what they were for, and he told me quite frankly it was for the metal inserts. I then seem to remember reading that somewhere in the notes about the adams motor but I cannot find reference to it now.

Any how he had removed the metal inserts for safe keeping, probably because he knew I was arriving that day or maybe just as a general precaution.

My understanding of the operation of the motor is that there is a sweet spot where the input power drops and the output increases, a kind of resonant operating speed. There may be more than one sweet spot over the operating range of the motor. However, it is at the sweet spot that the ether energy is 'gated' into the stator coils with the help of the metal inserts.

The position of the inserts was exactly half way between the magets. At the time I did not know about the Bedini design, but I can now relate that the positioning of the magnets is similar if not the same as the Bedini virtual poles he mentions regarding his designs. The size of the holes for the insers were an exact match for the magnets. That is, they were the same size.

It would seem that the only real difference in the standard Adams motor design and the Thermo motor design is the inclusion of the metal inserts.

Although Dr Adams never told me what metal he used, he did give me a tremendous clue which I don't think you will find anywhere in the published literature. He told me that for the metal or alloy, do not use Bismuth as you will blow yourself up. At the time I thought this might have been a backward way of telling me what to use, since a reaction of any sort would be a good place to start. He did not elaborate on what 'blow yourself up' actually ment but I was thinking that Bismuth was the first thing I would try.

Anyway I hope this helps in the understanding of the Adams Thermo Motor. Any valuable information is better to be openly disclosed for the benifit of all.

Kind Regards

Snapper

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.
        sucahyo, the cores I used on the Adams motor that ran cold were just plain old steel bolts, 3/8" dia. with 24 gauge wire at around 8 ohms per coil and I used ceramic magnets.
        Snapper, thanks for the info. not sure how the diamagnetic material increases heat output but sounds interesting and may be similar to what Don Smith is doing in his rotary generator. thanks.
        My thoughts on what he may have been doing is similar to what Bill Muller was doing by using an eddy current type heater although with the coil cores protruding out from the aluminum plate or equiv. and maybe also using odd-even geometry. Though maybe the metal inserts on the rotor can still play a role there.
        peace love light
        Tyson

Comment

@ snapper,

Bismuth might indeed be the secret ingredient when associated with aluminum.

In the video presented in this thread, that's what is specified.

See wikipedia

Here is a quote from the web:
          >Yes, bismuth is diamagnetic and repels magnets (of either polarity),
          but rather weakly, with far less repulsive force than the attractive
          force of the same size magnet to a material such as iron. <

Some of Don Smith's devices might be using this.

Comment

Hey guys

What do you think of this yahoo tube video? They are supposedly making Adam's motors in Vancouver.
            YouTube - Adams Motor to help you survive Greatest Depression Famine Pandemic Outside the Grid

Comment

Bismuth maybe stranger than we think.

I have also found a reference to Bismuth being used as a room temperature super conductor. Check out this link at Rex Research.

Ronald Bourgoin: Ambient Temperature Bismuth Superconductor

Snapper

Comment

sucahyo, the cores I used on the Adams motor that ran cold were just plain old steel bolts, 3/8" dia. with 24 gauge wire at around 8 ohms per coil and I used ceramic magnets.
                You have more knowledge than me . Is it stainless steel bolt? 304 or less? since I recall higher grade have more diamagnetic properties. And if SS get heat up evenly it would be more resistant to magnet and I think this would translate to less heat since there are less eddy current.

Originally posted by Snapper View Post
                In 1993 I had visited Dr Robert Adams at his place of residence in New Zealand, which in due time, he showed me around his workshop. I was shown one of his thermo motors at the time and can describe it as substantially similar to the standard Adams motor with a few modifications. The differences noted were:

1. The stator coils had a core capable of water flow to carry the excess heat from the stator.

2. The rotor had a metal/alloy inserted between the magnets.
                Do the water contain heavy concentration of electrolite or the opposite (must not conduct)?

Comment

Hi sucahyo, not sure I have more knowledge, I ran these experiments on the Adams motor many years ago now, however I never forgot those results because the temperature was so obviously cold. I must have hit the right tuning spot with the geometry. It was plain steel bolts from the hardware store with the 4:1 coil to magnet geometry. Also understand R. Adams was able to make his motors run either cold or hot depending on the design of the motor and as has been brought to my attention he used possibly some diamagnetic material on the rotor to enhance heat production. my 2 cents worth.
                  peace love light
                  Tyson

Comment

I didn't know that it can be hot and cold at will ! thanks for the info . Are there some theory about it? Do we have to use more than one frequency? I just reading the od Energy post and when I derive the base frequency of the UV and IR band I get practically an overlap number. How the device supposed to know if we want to get cold of the UV part and not the heat at the IR part of resonance?

Can pulsed DC can be added just like sine wave? Or it is a simple as paralleling different transistor driven by different timer?

I ask about the steel type because in hydroxy community it is a common practice to toast the steel electrode to make it less attracted to magnet. This work on steel starting from 304 grade, wouldn't work on iron or 302. Since eddy current is the source of heat less magnetic would mean less efficiency.
                    Last edited by sucahyo; 08-29-2009, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X