Trying to decode Tesla's converters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decode Tesla's converters.

Hey all. I have been working quite a bit trying to understand more about Tesla's patents, and how they relate to Steven Mark's device. The main topic of my interest right now is of course his work with patent 381970, NIKOLA TESLA - Google Patent Search
    and other related patents. Especially with how he was teaching us to put them all together in patent 390721,
    BEST AVAILABLE COP - Google Patent Search
    Does anyone have any replications they could point me toward? I did have a go at it myself, but I did not use the proper core materials and as a result I was very unhappy with the results so far. I simply used copper wire for the core, which gave me an end result that actually was less efficient than a normal transformer. So I'm back to the drawing board to try and take a better stab at it with proper materials.

I also have been kicking around something I find some similarities in, that could possibly play a role in this device. Although I am not sure how they can be combined as of yet, but the thought is interesting. Is it possible that the real Steven Marks device was a happy medium between Tesla's converter, and Ed Leedskalnins perpetual motion holder? Here is one of many links that talk about Ed's device.
    Emery Version - Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion Holder - KeelyNet 06/05/03

The reason I see some similarities between these is simply this: Ed's device, very simply with a quick DC pulse, turns into an electromagnet. The electromagnet actually appears to hold with no added energy for long periods of time, maybe indefinitely. As soon as you seperate the core, the energy in the magnetic field comes back out through the coils again and can light a bulb. Now with Ed's device, it sets up the magnets in the core, but they appear to have stabilized poles. In Tesla's converter, it uses AC instead, but does not appear to set any poles for any long period of time. It does however rotate the poles around the core at a rapid rate depending on the frequency of the AC wave. Is it possible that somehow we can use both idea's? What I mean is to use a pulse to set the poles in the core that somehow stays there like in Ed's device, yet use a small amount of energy to move the poles around like in Tesla's device. If the poles are not recreated with every pulse, just simply nudged to keep them moving, general physics says the kinetic energy alone states it would take much less energy to keep it sustained. Energy would be generated all around the core in the coils many times a second and the poles keep flowing through them, yet the magnetic field may not lose strength, just as a magnet does not lose strength passing a coil.

Possibly very little energy in, keeping the energy flowing for greater energy out? Any idea's about this?

Hi captainpecan,

I have studied a little the Tesla toroid converter and Leedskalnin PMH and yes they are in a certain way related.

The PMH when energized with the keeper in place becomes a circular magnet and a circular magnet (made of annealed soft iron or similar iron material) will stay magnetized because the demagnetizing force is equal to zero. Cut a slit in the circular magnet or remove the keeper of the PMH and the demagnetizing effect occurs and the iron looses much of its magnetic property just like the PMH does. Also a circular magnet has a weak external magnetic field. Because of its high permeability, the AC signal fed in Tesla's converter can reverse the magnetic field efficiently up to a certain frequency not reached in a 60 Hz circuit.

Tesla in his patents states that he prefers soft annealed black or oxidized iron wire as core material. He also states that if you wind the same iron wire as used in the core over the copper windings the magnetic field is trapped and that improves the efficiency. There is no Eddy currents and no hysteresis force to lower the efficiency and produce heat. It is also cheap.

This is the relevant info I can recall on both devices off hands and I hope this helps.

Take care,

Michel

P.S.: In the early days of telephony, a hand cranked generator was used. To prevent the magnets from demagnetizing, they made the rotors like a "H" with rounded outside edges. That was in effect creating a circular magnet (or a PMH) when not in use, it is also said that a magnet will increased in strength when the keeper is placed in and out many times so the "U" magnets in this kind of generator were kept strong by the frequent use of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much about where I am in the learning phase also. I am trying to figure the core out still though. I plan on finding some iron wire somewhere of course, wrapping the inside and outside with it. But I keep pondering on how to wind the core itself. What I mean is, I would like to do it the best way possible. It would be easiest to wind the core like a normal coil and simply attach the ends together. But reading the patent closely, makes it appear that it would be better to actually make many individual rings, each connected to itself? What do you think, would that actually be the best way to go, or does anyone have any better suggestions? I've been trying to find some kind of iron rings to purchase that I could use, but no such luck yet.

Comment

Also, it seems a long time ago, I saw some post somewhere, of a good source of information on Tesla's work in free energy that never showed up in the patents. At the time when I saw it, I had no understanding of most of his work, but now that I've been digging much deeper to learn the concepts, I cant find it anywhere? Anyone know the resources?

Comment

Hello Peacock

The best way to do it in Tesla's setup is to use fine iron wire as the core.
          The best way to do it in Steven Mark's setup is to use no iron at all.

Tesla's transformer converts what you put in to a higher voltage,or more current just like any other transformer.
          Steven Marks units extract energy from the magnetic field of the earth.

These are two diffrent things.

Marcoz.

Comment

really ? think twice

Comment

Hi captainpecan,

If you want soft annealed black iron wire, go to home depot or what ever you have around as hardware store similar to it and you will find rolls of it. They come in roll of about 400 feet size awg 16 and 18 and is used to tie up steel rods in reinforced cement. I buy mine at Reno-Depot here for about $8.00 can a roll. I mainly use that in Nathan Stubblefield earth battery units that I test around my place.

I have not heard of a successful replication of the SM TPU but from what I have glimpsed, the frequencies (base plus harmonics) used to pump the unit is well blow 1 MHz so soft annealed black iron or oxidized iron wire can be use or not. My friend and I tested large size flat copper wire and also round (copper and soft annealed black iron) wire in different configurations and sizes but never got any real amplification of the potential. We fed the units with a signal generator and oscilloscope hooked up but got no favorable results. Until a successful replication is open sourced, there are to many unknowns still left, so we dropped out of that. Check giantkiller's and otto's threads at OU, that should give you a good place to start your queries.

Hope this helps, take care,

Michel
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

thanks for the info, I did not realize that was a source of iron. I have to go take another look, the stuff I was looking at today I thought was just steel. I did go ahead and pick up a 100 foot role of clothes line, I think it is galvanized, but the stuff I got has a nice light insulation on it and is about 9 guage wire. I'm sure I will wind up several different types anyway as you said there is so many unknowns, who really knows the correct way. It is good to hear about the ways that don't work well though, learning from others efforts allows me to make my own NEW errors, lol...

As far as the info stating that SM's device had no wire around the ring, if that's true, than to be honest I have no clue how to even start understanding that one. But I know he states in one of his videos, one device he calls his smallest, he says he maid with bailing wire. Another video shows a see through model with wires wrapped inside what I think is a speaker housing. That one definitely appears to wound very similar to Tesla's patent.

Comment

One thing that is interesting to note, looking at SM's circuitry, it almost resembles a simple form of a flip flop circuit or similar? Without much funds and all, and little time, I may go ahead and try some simple flip flop idea to similate the AC current input from a 9V battery or something. The thing is, if SM's device truly is real, and the stuff he says about is mostly true, then this thing is supposed to be very simple, with very few components. So I am going to try to keep it as simple as possible for a while.

Comment

magnetic multivibrator

Originally posted by captainpecan View Post
                    One thing that is interesting to note, looking at SM's circuitry, it almost resembles a simple form of a flip flop circuit or similar? Without much funds and all, and little time, I may go ahead and try some simple flip flop idea to similate the AC current input from a 9V battery or something. The thing is, if SM's device truly is real, and the stuff he says about is mostly true, then this thing is supposed to be very simple, with very few components. So I am going to try to keep it as simple as possible for a while.
                    Is there a link you can provide showing SM's circuit. I've seen the videos but never a circuit? I thought it was secret. Others have tried to replicate using only the video as a source .. but their circuits are just guesses I think.
                    I've even seen some speculation that the magnets SM used were just to turn on reed-switches so that only he could get it going ... a sort of cheap no thrills security measure.

There are lots of ways to make oscillators .. the multivibrator being only one.
                    I think back in the mag-amp days people succeeded in making a magnetic flip-flop - multivibrator. Its pretty cool to be able to do that with coils.
                    Oscillating magnetic fields are very useful.
                    Here is one:

MAGNETIC MULTIVIBRATOR CIRCUIT - Google Patent Search

Comment

I may not have chosen the right words for that post, sorry. I didn't mean I ever saw a circuit at all. Just the same video's you have I'm sure. All I'm going on is the fact that steven says it is very simple, so I'm trying to not imagine a difficult circuit. When I look at his components on the inside of his larger coil, I simply notice that it appears that most all of the components are pairs, 2 caps, two toroids, etc. Just made me think of a flip flop style circuit, that's all. I really don't know, I'm just trying to make as educated of a guess as possible with absolutely no information, lol. I figure I have to decide which circuit I'm using, so I'm going simple for now.

Comment

I have watching the Steven Mark device for a long time. It could be there is at least a small ring of iron wire in the device. I base this on the observation that in a video where one is cut up with a saw, the saw is paused and wire cutters are used on one small section. If it were all copper, why the use of wire cutters?

Here is the best video if one were to try and back-engineer the device. It was not putting out full voltage (I think?) and it was decided to cut it up for all the see. The unit is dissected. The sound is lost in the noise. If someone can use recording software, maybe the sound can be enhanced?

free energy Steven Mark solid state generator video 1

Comment

Something else I find interesting, is that I have yet to find a time that Steven Marks specifically claims that "There is no batteries in this device". I hear him not even answer when asked, while he was demonstrating the small open device. I also hear him answer it by saying there is no batteries that would fit in the device capable of producing that much power. I hear him side step it in many ways, without specifically stating he never uses one at all.

So it is possible that he really does use a small battery as the source, hidden in the device. Then possibly amplifies the small pulses from the battery with chain reactions, maybe also recharging it? Technically, him stating that the device gets it's energy from the earths magnetic field would still be true with a battery in it. Just food for thought.

It keeps running through my head, something I heard somewhere though, or read. That Steven Marks said, his device was done before by Tesla before the mid 1890's.

Comment

That's the second truly honest men who said that it was Tesla who discovered it first (at least partially)
                            The same is stating Tariel Kapanadze. He said important thing: hold the resonance. I bet SM device is holdig the resonance or near it.
                            Two transformers connected in reverse is the key for TPU as SM stated,Kapanadze said about resonance between primary and secondary.

I'm asking : what is going on in Tesla coil ? what is going on with two transformers connected in reverse ? why at all Tesla coil can produce so much gain in voltage ? normal transformer cannot rise voltage so high, can someone explain why ?

also : why we cannot put output current from transformer back to the primary in correct phase and merge with primary current ? can such positive feedback work to rise voltage or current more and more ?

Comment

why we cannot use iron properties to created delayed "echo" impulse ?
                              can we ?

isn't that a kick mentioned by SM ?
                              first stage ?

what next ?

Comment

Working...
                              X