No announcement yet.

Human urine is a Excellent Fertilizer !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human urine is a Excellent Fertilizer !

During the NBC Nightly News on October 16, 1992, Tom Brokaw reported that, "In Egypt, rescue workers found a 37-year old man alive in earthquake rubble. He survived almost 82 hours by drinking his own urine. His wife, daughter and mother would not and they died"

What’s in urine?
    Urine, 95% of which is water, 2.5% of which is urea, and 2.5% of which is a mixture of minerals, salts, hormones, and enzymes, is not a toxic waste product. Urine is a blood byproduct and though it contains some body waste, it is non-toxic. In 1975, Dr. A.H. Free, published his book Urinalysis in Clinical Laboratory Practice, in which he presents a few critical nutrients found in urine:

Alanine, total ..... 38 mg/day
    Arginine, total ..... 32 mg/day
    Ascorbic acid ..... 30 mg/day
    Allantoin ..... 12 mg/day
    Amino acids, total ..... 2.1 g/day
    Bicarbonate ..... 140 mg/day
    Biotin ..... 35 mg/day
    Calcium ..... 23 mg/day
    Creatinine ..... 1.4 mg/day
    Cystine ..... 120 mg/day
    Dopamine ..... 0.40 mg/day
    Epinephrine ..... 0.01 mg/day
    Folic acid ..... 4 mg/day
    Glucose ..... 100 mg/day
    Glutamic acid ..... 308 mg/day
    Glycine ..... 455 mg/day
    Inositol ..... 14 mg/day
    Iodine ..... 0.25 mg/day
    Iron ..... 0.5 mg/day
    Lysine, total ..... 56 mg/day
    Magnesium ..... 100 mg/day
    Manganese ..... 0.5 mg/day
    Methionine, total ..... 10 mg/day
    Nitrogen, total ..... 15 g/day
    Ornithine ..... 10 mg/day
    Pantothenic acid ..... 3 mg/day
    Phenylalanine ..... 21 mg/day
    Phosphorus, organic .....9 mg/day
    Potassium ..... 2.5 mg/day
    Proteins, total ..... 5 mg/day
    Riboflavin ..... 0.9 mg/day
    Tryptophan, total ..... 28 mg/day
    Tyrosine, total ..... 50 mg/day
    Urea ..... 24.5 mg/day
    Vitamin B6 ..... 100 mg/day
    Vitamin B12 ..... 0.03 mg/day
    Zinc ..... 1.4 mg/day
    (Your Own Perfect Medicine? - Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center)
    The following are the average quantities of various substances, in 100 milliliters of urine as reported in Introduction to Biochemistry by Dr. Pharon:
    Substance Milligrams
    1] Urea nitrogen 682.00
    2] Urea 1459.00
    3] Creatinin nitrogen 36.00
    4] Creatinin 97.20
    5] Uric acid nitrogen 12.30
    6] Uric acid 36.90
    7] Amino nitrogen 9.70
    8] Ammonia nitrogen 57.00
    9] Sodium 212.00
    10] Potassium 137.00
    11] Calcium 19.50
    12] Magnesium 11.30
    13] Chloride 314.00
    14] Total sulphate 91.00
    15] Inorganic sulphate 83.00
    16] Inorganic phosphate 127.00
    17] N/10 acid 27.80
    Some other important urine constituents are:
    Enzymes:
    Amylase (diastase).
    Lactic dehydrogenate (L. D. H.).
    Leucine amino-peptidase (L. A. P.).
    Urokinase.
    Hormones�
    Catechol amines.
    Hydroxy-steroids.
    17-Catosteroids.
    Erythropoietine.
    Adenylate cyclase.
    Prostaglandin's.
    Sex hormones.
    HPS Urine Therapy UT Programs

Human urine is rich in plant nutrient. It contains higher Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium than animal urine. ...
    It can be concluded that the compost with urine gave better quality fertilizer, and gave more complete composting activity, shorten composting time, and higher compost temperatures.
    (ref: Composting With Human Urine ; Plant Fertilizer)

Human Urine is EXCELLENT PLANT FOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (as long as the urine does not contain pharmaceutical agents and antibiotics)

allAfrica.com: Uganda: Human Urine Safe As Fertilizer (Page 1 of 2)
    "It (urine) also repels pests such as Aphids which damage vegetable leaves. ... Under normal circumstances, an adult person releases 11 grams of nitrogen/urea, 1gram of phosphorus/super phosphate, 2.5 grams of pottasium in urine. ... Patrick Makhosi, also a soil scientist with Kawanda Agricultural Research Organisation confirms the efficacy of human urine as a fertiliser. He says that applying urine once every week for at least two months will more than double the yield of vegetables. ...
    The urine should be diluted with water at a ratio of 1: 9 and applied to the plant, ..."

Urine contains most of the nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium we release.These nutrients are the major components of chemical fertilizers, and urine is an amazing plant fertilizer! It is typically sterile, and, if separated from feces, can be easily and safely reused. Urine collection can be as simple as peeing in a jar or installing a urinal or urine-diverting dry or composting toilet. Although female urinals haven't caught on yet, there are some designs and models available.
    Urine is easy to purify -- all you have to do is wait. Urine leaves the body fairly acidic and then the pH increases rapidly until pathogens are unable to survive. This process takes from fifteen days in warmer Mexico to over three months in the chilly Scandinavian winter.
    The Greywater Guerrillas

Urine or Urea - yes, human urine is an excellent source of organic nitrogen for compost teas or as a free nitrogen activator for composting (45% N), can be used to create biogas which requires nitrogen .

Tworque: Waterless Urinals
    Greenline » Waterless Urinals - How do they work?

Holy Smokes, I have to try this one:
    Here is one for every one in the south who battles fire ants. It might sound crazy and disgusting but it really works. It's organic and it's free. Human urine. "Collected" indoors and poured on the mounds, they disappear within 24 hours. I didn't believe it when I first heard it, but tried it and it works. Supposedly the humun hormones both male and female does something to the ants.

And as they say: "Ah, Piss on it!"

Stop wasting that piss!

Besides being a excellent thing to do for your plants,
    saving your piss could save your life some day, if your really thirsty.

Randy
    Last edited by Vortex; 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM. Reason: dup. list deleted
    Remember to be kind to your mind ...
    Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Yes, it works. My father in law is always tell me how dark green the branch of his dragon fruit plant is because he always watering it with a bucket of urine. He frequently told my son to piss at the flower at home too. I don't know if I should allow my kid or not though, because my wife would definitely pissed off, lol.

Still, my wife dragon fruit plant has color almost as dark as my father in law plant lately. It begining to become darker when I start adding copper tube to my watering hose just like I post in my thread.

I guess combining both thing is the ultimate, but I don't want my home smells like public toilet lol.
    Last edited by sucahyo; 06-30-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

My lemon tree was doormat after being transplanted and showed little to NO growth over two years.

After one dose of urine and within one week it was covered in new shoots. Ive never tasted such good lemons
      "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

urine and biochar

There are a lot of tests going on around the world with urine and biochar... plastic urinals filled with biochar, etc...

urine biochar - Google Search
        Sincerely,
        Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Just get the word from my father in law that the best tobacco from kraksan probolinggo (one of the best of Indonesian tobacco) use collected cow's urine.

Comment

A lady cured her self of 3 cancers and was in the paper here in Queensland.
            She used urine ...

Ash

Comment

Last summer I had a couple spots where I could put a tomato plant or pepper plant. I had lots of trees to contend with. But I would pee on the soil at the base of a couple tomato plants where no one could see me. And I would save it in a jug then go out and pour it in the soil too. And them tomato's grew between six and seven feet tall. They could of been bigger but I didn't give em enough support early enough.

I'll definately be peeing on my soil in my garden this year when no one is around to see. And I've been peeing on the soil of the fruit trees so far this year.

That's interesting to hear about the urine and cancer. I've read a little bit about urine therapy. But not very much on it.

I can say though that I would definately not hesitate to drink my urine if I was in a situation where I couldn't get water.

Another thing that urine works awesome for is activating compost. I used to just pee into a gallon jug then I would take it to the compost pile and pour it on. It keeps the compost nice and hot.

I've also thought that if I were to design a house I would have a urinal that would go to a collection tank so that I could use it in the soil and compost. Urine definately works.
              If you've made it this far then I've finally quit rambling.

Comment

Eco-sanitation

Hi,

There is a place called 'Auroville' in the city of Pudhucheery, India where Eco-sanitation is being done to produce bio-gas from human excreta. It insists on maximum possible re-use of nutrients from excreta - Ecological Sanitation.

The Hardware Technology needs to be developed better in India for better application of eco-sanitation.

Comment

excellent info have you seen the thread regarding urine electrolisys to hydrogen
                  and hho with P etc. as byproducts?

Comment

I pee'd, bio-chared, michorised and rock dusted my garden to success last year and plan to do the same this year.

Comment

Moe, dam that looks healthy, thanks for the updates.

Ash

Comment

@Moe

Originally posted by Moe R View Post
                        I pee'd, bio-chared, michorised and rock dusted my garden to success last year and plan to do the same this year.
                        Looks AWESOME!

I've only done 3 of those 4 but loved the results.
                        Sincerely,
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by Moe R View Post
                          Moe,

All your missing now is sea salt.

The following is copyed from post 37 of the Soil Remineralization thread (http://www.energeticforum.com/agricu...html#post95763):

I just came accross the following article and thought about this thread.

The news article:

Watering Tomato Plants With Diluted Seawater Boosts Levels Of Antioxidants

ScienceDaily (Apr. 29, 2008) — Watering tomatoes with diluted seawater can boost their content of disease-fighting antioxidants and may lead to healthier salads, appetizers, and other tomato-based foods, scientists in Italy report.

Besides their use in a variety of ethnic food dishes, tomatoes are one of the most commonly grown home garden vegetables, particularly cherry tomatoes. Scientists have linked tomatoes to several health benefits, including protection against prostate cancer and heart disease. Researchers have known for years that seawater does not stimulate the growth of tomatoes, but scientists know little about its effects on the nutritional content of the vegetables.

In the new study, Riccardo Izzo and colleagues grew cherry tomatoes in both freshwater and in a dilute solution of 12 percent seawater. They found that ripe tomatoes grown in the salty water showed higher levels of vitamin C, vitamin E, dihydrolipoic acid, and chlorogenic acid. All of these substances are antioxidants that appear to fight heart disease, cancer, aging, and other conditions. Using saltwater to irrigate tomato crops also appears to be a promising alternative to freshwater irrigation, especially in the wake of water shortages in some parts of the world, the researchers note.

The article "Irrigation with Diluted Seawater Improves the Nutritional Value of Cherry Tomatoes" is scheduled for the May 14 issue of ACS' Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
                          Source: Watering Tomato Plants With Diluted Seawater Boosts Levels Of Antioxidants

The paper abstract:
                          The aim of this study was to assess whether the nutritional value of cherry tomato can be improved by irrigating plants with diluted seawater (12%; EC = 10 mS/cm in comparison with a control at EC = 4 mS/cm). Berries of cherry tomato cv. Naomi were analyzed at the red-ripe stage for the contents of NADPH and NADP+ as well as for the amounts of the main antioxidants, such as ascorbic acid, lipoic acid, tocopherols, and phenolic acids. As compared to the controls, the fruits of salt-treated plants showed a higher titratable acidity and a higher concentration of reducing sugars. The fruits picked from tomato plants irrigated with diluted seawater produced berries characterized by a higher nutritional value. Following salinity, berries showed higher amounts of vitamin C, vitamin E, dihydrolipoic acid, and chlorogenic acid. It was hypothesized that protocatechuic, vanillic, caffeic, and ferulic acids were utilized to counteract the damaging effects of salinity-induced oxidative stress, allowing tomato fruits to maintain a high reduced status even following salinization.
                          Source: Irrigation with Diluted Seawater Improves the Nutritional Value of Cherry Tomatoes - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)

. . .
                          Regular service Signature:
                          Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

rock dust - sea salt

Originally posted by Savvypro View Post
                            Moe,

All your missing now is sea salt.

The following is copyed from post 37 of the Soil Remineralization thread (http://www.energeticforum.com/agricu...html#post95763):
                            The sea salt has the minerals in it because of the rock dust that
                            goes to the ocean by way of the glaciation process. You can do either
                            the rock dust or the sea salt (SeaAgri Inc. - SEA-90: Soil, Crop and Livestock Nutrients from the Sea) but it is
                            not necessary to do both.

The rock dust is cheaper than Sea Agri for example. For rock dust,
                            1 ton per acre is good for 1-1.5 years or so. Has been found that 10
                            tons of rock dust per acre will mineralize the soil for 10-15 years.
                            Sincerely,
                            Aaron Murakami

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                              The sea salt has the minerals in it because of the rock dust that
                              goes to the ocean by way of the glaciation process. You can do either
                              the rock dust or the sea salt (SeaAgri Inc. - SEA-90: Soil, Crop and Livestock Nutrients from the Sea) but it is
                              not necessary to do both.

The rock dust is cheaper than Sea Agri for example. For rock dust,
                              1 ton per acre is good for 1-1.5 years or so. Has been found that 10
                              tons of rock dust per acre will mineralize the soil for 10-15 years.
                              I'm not discounting its use, the issue I have with rock dust is in terms of mineral content, where would one get “rock dust” which contains as many elements as sea salt?

Unless I'm missing something, wouldn't you need to mix different types of rock dust (dust from rocks made up of different elements) in order to get something approaching the variety of elements in sea salt. So that the end result is food that is the best it can be for those who consume it. Unlike the so called stuff that is passed off as food, where it is lacking in every way shape and form.

Then again I may just be over thinking it.

. . .
                              Regular service Signature:
                              Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Working...
                              X