does magnet strength effect rotation verses self oscilating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does magnet strength effect rotation verses self oscilating

my first build on this style of motor I left the unused core material and it spun up.

On my second build of this same motor I removed the unused core material so I could add an extra wire giving me 2 power windings and 1 trigger.

My wire sizes seem a little bigger than the 26 and 23 gauge recomended witch reduces my windings down to 30 per core.
    This unit will not spin up but does self oscilate. I have not hooked up the second power coil yet.

This unit does cog alot harder than the first build could this be why it will not spin up.

Thanks for everyones help
    ww

Originally posted by wwdotme View Post
    my first build on this style of motor I left the unused core material and it spun up.

On my second build of this same motor I removed the unused core material so I could add an extra wire giving me 2 power windings and 1 trigger.

My wire sizes seem a little bigger than the 26 and 23 gauge recomended witch reduces my windings down to 30 per core.
    This unit will not spin up but does self oscilate. I have not hooked up the second power coil yet.

This unit does cog alot harder than the first build could this be why it will not spin up.

Thanks for everyones help
    ww
    Your transistor could be bad and possible you need less resistance on the base and thirty winds per coil may be kind of low you may not be getting the voltage you need to trigger your circuit. But I would check the transistor first.

Comment

I forgot to mention all it does is self oscilate.
      But I want it to spin up.

Comment

Working...
      X