Blue Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Light

Many of us here in Pittsburgh have put blue lights in our windows or for our porch lights in honor of the 3 officers here who made the ultimate sacrifice over the weekend.

While not everyone views police officers as peace officers, this is what they are meant to be. (Remember, what other stranger is going to stand between you and the guy on crack with a gun.)

But I was thinking it might be kind of cool if this blue light thing became not just a show of support for peace officers, but for peace itself.

I guess blue isn't really associated with peace but I also guess it could become associated with peace.

If anyone feels so inclined, I'm suggesting to show a blue light in your window symbolizing your support for peace. Keep it up as long as you like, one night, until the last the US troops are home, or whatever peace goal you may have.

Jessica
    Keep your mind on the aether www.PathsToSucceed.com

Would that be a Navy Blue light??
    Yeah Jessica, I saw the blurb online about it. shame shame. I'd rather hear about another Superbowl win! I'll have to see about a blue one, though. My thoughts are with their families, friends & co-workers.
    The fallen officers are in a different plane of existence -- they're ok right now.

Hang in there,
    Sending a hug to the 'Burgh
    Doug
    With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

Originally posted by future pather View Post
      Many of us here in Pittsburgh have put blue lights in our windows or for our porch lights in honor of the 3 officers here who made the ultimate sacrifice over the weekend.

While not everyone views police officers as peace officers, this is what they are meant to be. (Remember, what other stranger is going to stand between you and the guy on crack with a gun.)

But I was thinking it might be kind of cool if this blue light thing became not just a show of support for peace officers, but for peace itself.

I guess blue isn't really associated with peace but I also guess it could become associated with peace.

If anyone feels so inclined, I'm suggesting to show a blue light in your window symbolizing your support for peace. Keep it up as long as you like, one night, until the last the US troops are home, or whatever peace goal you may have.

Jessica
      Great idea Jessica!

I am going to pick up a blue light tomorrow and do that.

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
      Energetic Science Ministries
      Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

on the support guys.

The stores around here keep running out of blue bulbs and e-mails are flying on list serves about what store had how many bulbs left when.

Jessica

Comment

It's pretty amazing here today. This incident happened in my police zone, zone 5. (In a quiet and pretty neighborhood with lots of police, firefighters, paramedics and other city employees living there.)

They are about to have a progression all around my area after an all day event of an unbelievable show of support of force from all around the nation.

I work where they just held the memorial ceremony. They had started downtown and near my work was completely shut down for this event. I think there must have been around 10,000 officers at the ceremony.

The progression from downtown of police was one thing, we also saw a ton of guys in a motorcycle group on their way and then saw them outside the ceremony on web cam. Every and alll types of people are there in numbers and numbers to show support.

Of course our mayor, governor, congressmen were there. Extremely moving prayers, poems, bagpipes, memorials.

I heard there will be a fly over.

At the zone 5 station there are two firetrucks with the ladders extended up into the sky holding up a huge flag that the procession will go under. Outside of the station are so many flowers and gifts all around.

If one thing came out of this it brought together masses in support of peace.

You can view some vids at KDKA - Pittsburgh's Source for Breaking News, Weather and Sports . If you catch it now you can see live cam of the progression in just a bit.
          Last edited by future pather; 04-09-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I read this thread yesterday. Today, I visited a website that I have bookmarked on Global Meditations and noticed a link to this website: The Blue Movement. Coinkydink?
            My reality does not equal your reality, but my reality is neither > nor < your reality.
            http://www.intergate.com/~bsmutz/images/earth11.jpg

Comment

Pray for peace

Blue lights and prayers for end of killing
              "But ye shall receive power..."
              Acts 1:8

Comment

Originally posted by ImBill View Post
                I read this thread yesterday. Today, I visited a website that I have bookmarked on Global Meditations and noticed a link to this website: The Blue Movement. Coinkydink?
                for the link!

Don't believe much in coincidences!

Kevin

PATHS For Healing
                Energetic Science Ministries
                Meditation at the Click of a Button, Guaranteed!

ESM Forum Support Link

Comment

That's sooooooooooo coooooooooooooool!

Comment

cyclist helping too!

Hey Jessica,

For some reason I didn't click on the KDKA info on the tragedy w/the Police Officers till today. It was great seeing how the city has come together to show their appreciation for what the officers did -- and the rest of the state/nation. Even saw Dan Rooney in the crowd!
                    It was tough watching the ceremony. The honor shown in tradition of the march w/the bagpipes playing was something. I know bagpipes are played in joyous occasions/parades, but the song seemed to ring out to the aether in a soothing or settling way to assist in the grieving.

Because I waited, I was able to see that over the weekend, on the 12th, a huge number of cyclists raised money for the cause. The Western Pa League of American Wheelmen even showed up. I wish I was there for that ride and to see Pgh again, plus a surprise visit where ever you work.
                    I am getting my blue light bulb today.

I wish you the best, take care

Doug
                    With AMEGA You can change your life in minutes...

Hear how here: Live the Energized Life

Comment

Blue light waves are what makes the sky, or any other objects appear blue.Blue light waves are very short and easily dispersed, so that much of the glare of sunlight we experience also comes from the blue light.
                      Indoor Grow Lights

Comment

Working...
                      X