Bedini motor with capacitor help/info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedini motor with capacitor help/info please

So. i built the bedini motor.. and my next thing i wanted to do is set it up with a capacitor that would discharge into the charging battery.. A friend suggested to use a neon so when the cap reachs 100 volts it would discharge.

I am planning to try this but I do not want my cap or battery to blow up in my face lol..

I am assuming i should be buying a 200+ volt capacitor.. correct? I have some 15 fared capacitor that was used for my car sterio but i dont believe the car stero capacitors are rated for anything near 200+ volts..? any suggestions on the capacitor i should be buying? where to buy it?

And then, if 100+volts is instantly transfered into a 12volt battery.. wouldent that be bad?

any help would be great, thanks
    Last edited by chrisf77; 04-05-2009, 07:56 PM.

There are lots of ways you can do a cap dump to your battery. But depending on your system you may not need the cap dump. It depends on if you are wishing to desulfate batteries or just charge them. If you are wanting to desulfate them then just hook up the charging circuit from the bedini straight to the motor. For general charging you want to pulse the charge at 3 or so volts above the battery voltage. There are several circuits that will do that in these threads already. However the best method of doing that is to set up a commutator to contact when you are ready to discharge the cap. One of the advantages is that the commutator can double as a flywheel.

Just some words of advice: don't start your experiments hoping for overunity. I've had sever motors and so far none of them have reached overunity. But they have proven what the Bedini motor is capable of. A larger motor may be capable of powering significant loads and charging a secondary battery bank simultaneously. Specifically stated these machines do NOT put out more watts that you put in. But the charge that's pulsing into the charging battery has such a weird effect that the batteries actually charge faster than they normally would given the input current. The "over unity" effect that can be achieved with a precision tuned system is actually created in the lead acid batteries. It has something to do with how it's pulsing the energy to the batteries. It stimulates more ion flow than normal charging does.

The 15 fared cap is nice to have but If you use it at all I would put it on the input side. It most likely isn't rated for much more voltage than your car uses. 16-20 volts for most of the ones i've seen. And If your bedini is small then you probably wouldn't need that big of one anyway.

As far as safety is concerned. Always be sure that your wires will not get shorted out. Using barrier strips or terminal blocks can help. If your bedini is built correctly then you aren't in danger of blowing up your charging battery unless you short it out or you overcharge it. That is if you are using lead acid batteries. But don't operate the bedini without it connected unless you really like to buy transistors. If the battery says on it not rechargeable then it's probably more likely to empty it's contents on your ceiling.

Comment

lol, thanks

yeah the only thing i am trying to do is learn about how the electrons and protons, batterys and capacitors work.

How dose a battery actually hold a charge for a long period of time? I am starting to understand.. I guess if I think of a battery like 2 blobs of glue.. 1 blob is holding electrons and the other holding protons. after a period of time the electrons get unstuck and find there way to the protons. or vice versa. but with out the glue they are free to move instantly and that be like a capacitor.

What i am trying to figure out now is.. when a cap is full of voltage.. would the negative side need to be connected to the negative side of bat and pos to pos of bat? or other way around? how exactly dose the flow from the cap go into the battery? would a diode be needed? maybe just to prevent back flow? the cap needs to have a higher voltage then the bat for the power to flow to the bat? only makes sence if you think of it in terms of water. high presure flows to low presure.

I just want to make a setup that dose not need to have the battery switched from 1 to the other. Although when i think about it, it seems it would be better to have 2 batterys switching rather then 1 with a cap. because the batterys would take twice as long for there life to end then a setup with 1 bat and a cap.

there is alot i am trying to understand.. and by building this bedini motor+circuit it is helping me to understand stuff alot faster.. which is also why i am trying to experiement with a cap now that sends its power to the primary battery.

I dont care really about saving old batterys.. My primary goal is to make a device that will only use a small battery to get it started and then only produce enough power that is required into a cap. which would be constantly being refilled and emptyed at the same time. thus removing any need for 9999 batterys. if you only make the required amount of power needed then you can save a ton of weight. well part of this is wishfull thinking but maybe not.

this is my first build of anything related to an electric motor. YouTube - bedini motor vid 001

Comment

not quite there on the battery theory yet. It's a galvanic cell. Basically a reaction that has two reactions in one an ionic flow and an electron flow. the ion flow occurs internally and the electron flow occurs externally. But that's just it with the bedini. A straight bedini does NOT produce more watts than is input. The gains are in the battery. Particularly lead acid batteries. the high voltage pulse stimulates more reverse ion flow in the battery than a constant current does. There are also other things that is does that constant current doesn't. It ionizes the water molecules but does not remove them from the solution. When they release the energy stored in them from ionization, the battery gets another charge bump. then you have the electron transfer, while small does help the battery charge. if you are using capacitors yes you can condition them to take a charge quicker but you also lose some of the effects that only happen in batteries. If you really want to run on capacitors you may want to look more into window motors.

Comment

Working...
        X