One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Hi.I saw a video on utube recently off a Bedini motor that only used 1 magnet and found it interesting so here is my version.
    It is a standard Bedini circuit with a bifilar coil and core.The coil sits upright and i place a platic lid from a coffee jar on top.For a rotor i use one off those crazy magnets which are usually sold in pairs and make a loud noise when they attract each other.I have had the motor running today on 3 depleated 1,5v batteries which gave me 4.2v and once its going you can knock it down to 2 batteries.The combined voltage off my 2 batteries was 2.6v and it will start on 2 good ones.It will use 30mA on 3 batteries and and 17mA on 2.
    This motor spins really fast at this low voltage and i have also run it off my joule thief and small solar panel and i even tried it on a 12v car battery and it sounded like a jet engine so i am going to stay with low voltage for the moment.
    It will charge batteries but i have no imformation for you on this yet as i have been playing with it all day and having fun,it would make a really neat toy.
    Here are some pictures off it and a video.
    Regards jonnydavro
    YouTube - One magnet no bearing Bedini motor
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jonnydavro; 04-20-2009, 10:13 PM.

Very cool

Reminds me of this patent

NOVELTY ELECTRIC MOTOR - Google Patents

I forget why I know about this patent, lol...
    "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
    Nikola Tesla

Comment

Hi Sephiroth,Thanks. That patent does look like it bar the charging so it seems i have created a novelty charger lol.Seriously though the rotor magnet is quite a strong magnet and its throughing its field about so there might be a further recovery option there but at the moment i am having to much fun to try but when the novelty wears off Regards jonnydavro

Comment

That's pretty cool..
        Thanks for posting it.
        ww

Comment

Hi, just an update.I have added a couple off pickup coils to recover some energy.I have some more coils so i will try adding them aswell.I just wanted to see if the spinning magnet would maintain it steady position in the presence off the pickup coils and it does.One other thing. Some thing i found interesting is i have quite a few off these crazy magnets and most off them have a slightly angular rotation around the vertical but i have one which spins completly upright.Out off the two,the angular rotation ones seem better for use with the pickup coils also this motor will run on a 1.5v battery at 6mA.This seems very low consumption.Does any one know off a really small solar cell that would power this?I have a 2.4 watt but that is overkill,there must be tiny ones which i could use hopefully. Anyway here is a vid off my motor with pickup's.Regards jonnydavro.
          YouTube - One magnet no bearing Bedini motor vid 2

Comment

Wow

I can`t stop being impressed by that. I have seen similar things with moving cores before. If the presence of pick-up coils doesn`t interfere with the "magnet-dance" then nobody can prevent you from buidling a whole DOME of pickup coils around the dancefloor. That would yield in phenomenal charging never seen before for only 8mA input !!! (Judging from the charging speed of the 9v battery in your video)

Comment

As I posted on your video...

If you had a small jar, and was able to create a vacuum with it I bet you could really make that baby spin. And say add some good lubricant at the bottom..

Great work!
              See my experiments here...
              http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

@xenomorph. Hi .The motor was using 30mA during this test and the meter was showing recovered voltage held in caps.My camera does not have a very good frame rate and i think it gives the impresion that the magnet is jumping everywhere but it is not,it spins nice and stable but as it is rotating at a slight angle to the verticle combined with the frame rate it gives that impression.I will try it with 4 pickup coils next working up to maybe 8 around the circumference.If it is still spinning ok i will try your dome idea.It seems it is best to add pickups in pairs as it seems to be ballancing act.Also you can't recover as much voltage as you can from a fixed rotor as you are restricted to how close you can place the coils due to the fact that i don't want to interfere with the rotor.The 6mA input i refered to was for the just the motor spinning with no pickups,using the verticle spinning crazy mag.I was thinking about maybe taking a leaf out off lidmotors book and boxing so to speak the 6mA motor and have it run in my window with a small solar cell involved somehow.Anyhow thanks for the great suggestion.
                @theremart. Air is certainly responsible for decreasing the efficiency so running it in a vacuum like you suggest would be good especially if it was a start it up, apply the vacuem and forget about it senario.At the moment though it is probably beyond my abilities to create a stable airtight version There is not a lot off contact between the magnet and the coffee jar lid so i don't think there is a lot off friction there although there will be some.Thanks for your suggestion's,they are most welcome,regards jonnydavro

Comment

Was thinking about this some more...

One could make a top Bedini with this concept.... I think back to Peters video about motors and they had a design where the top would spin for months with a similar design....

interesting concept...
                  See my experiments here...
                  http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

"those crazy magnets" are made of HEMATITE which is Antiferromagnetic.
                    Known as the novelty item: Rattle Snake Eggs.
                    The shape is ellipsoidal

SNAKEEGGS ~ Powerful Ellipsoidal Hematite Magnetic noisemaker toy.

You can't ask for much less friction than rolling friction.
                    The only moving part would wear out evenly, meaning No parts to wear out?
                    Remember to be kind to your mind ...
                    Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

Reminds me of Tesla's Egg.

YouTube - Nikola Tesla - Columbus Egg - 1893 Chicago

Peace
                      PJ
                      A Phenomenon is anything which can be apprehended by the senses.

Comment

Originally posted by sigzidfit View Post
                        Reminds me of Tesla's Egg.

YouTube - Nikola Tesla - Columbus Egg - 1893 Chicago

Peace
                        PJ
                        I do not wish to evaluate Tesla's Egg or understand it, a brief description is found here
                        which causes a "rotating magnetic field".

I want to understand jonnydavro's observations.
                        How does this coil become a "rotating magnetic field"?
                        Is the answer here, all magnetic fields rotate?
                        Is the rotation due to surge and collapse of the magnetic field?

Wondering
                        Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Vortex View Post
                          I do not wish to evaluate Tesla's Egg or understand it, a brief description is found here
                          which causes a "rotating magnetic field".

I want to understand jonnydavro's observations.
                          How does this coil become a "rotating magnetic field"?
                          Is the answer here, all magnetic fields rotate?
                          Is the rotation due to surge and collapse of the magnetic field?

Wondering
                          Randy
                          I can't say bro. I just thought they appeared to be similar. I'm a sight triggered animal.

Peace
                          PJ
                          A Phenomenon is anything which can be apprehended by the senses.

Comment

Originally posted by sigzidfit View Post
                            I can't say bro. I just thought they appeared to be similar. I'm a sight triggered animal.

Peace
                            PJ
                            Yep, Yep, understand that. Been there and done that kind of thing myself.
                            I read how the Tesla egg worked, which has to bring the question ..
                            Where's the rotation coming from in jonnydavro's experiment?
                            How is the magnetic field being rotated?
                            Tesla's device is a toroid coil with FOUR windings ..

Comment

I still don't understand what is causing the magnetic field to rotate.

Some more interesting things.
                              The "those crazy magnets" are made of HEMATITE which is Antiferromagnetic. So it isn't Hematite or it isn't a magnet.

If it is Antiferromagnetic how is it a magnet..
                              it's known to happen spontaneously but weakly so.
                              I don't know what these magnets are made of.

Theory of interplay between antiferromagnetism and superconductivity
                              We investigate the interplay between antiferromagnetism and superconductivity for singlet Cooper pairs in a simple cubic lattice. The Landau expansion of the antiferromagnetic part in the free energy is made up to the fourth order of magnetic order parameters. The coupling term between antiferromagnetism and superconductivity in the free energy is investigated with the generalized spin susceptibility (the generalized Yosida function).
                              Source
                              Due to the evident proximity of superconductivity to antiferromagnetism and the Mott transition, we suggest that the system may be an analog of the electron-doped cuprates, where antiferromagnetism and superconductivity coexist.

Diamagnetism,
                              Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism, Antiferromagnetism

From a non-quantum perspective, there are only two ways to produce magnetic fields: using electric currents and having time-varying electric fields. Electric fields inside matter generally don’t vary in time with high enough frequencies to make their contributions to the magnetic properties of matter all that important, so electric currents are the main cause for matter’s magnetic properties, other than quantum effects. The primary quantum cause of magnetism is spin.

More detail link about magnetism, Diamagnetism,
                              Paramagnetism, Ferromagnetism, Antiferromagnetism

Magnetic Hematite Magnets
                              Last edited by Vortex; 04-08-2009, 05:38 PM. Reason: bad proof reading

Comment

Working...
                              X