Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnetic monopole arises when magnets repell each other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic monopole arises when magnets repell each other.

The motivation is very simple. When two PM repel each other they create a plane of radial field lines in the plane at the center between them.

Last edited by broli; 06-05-2010, 05:22 PM.

This arangement looks similar to the two opposing cone shaped electromagnets shown in Pat. #4874346. (Free Flying Magnetic Levitator)

Abstract
    A free flying magnetic levitator that is self stabilized and fully maneuverable for magnetic structure establishing an odd number of poles for interaction with another magnetic field having an even number of poles to produce linear motion instead of rotation without a guideway. Longitudinally wound coils produce the odd pole magnetic field for maximizing coupling with an even pole field such as the magentic field of the earth.

Perhaps the current in the wire will only push the magnets away?

edit: I always refer to this as a Magnetic Tripole.

Comment

I just googled magnetic tripole and found out jnaudin has experimented with it which is interesting. He used an odd way to pretty much simulate two magnets repelling. And his provided vortices should be reversed I believe to something like this:

I call it the monopole plane. Of course what should follow next are experimentation.

Comment

As an addition here is how the strength of the field looks like if you were walking on the plane away from 0.

You would see there's a bulge which makes kind of sense as it had to start from 0. But if you decrease the distance of the poles this bulge would get higher and higher until the field truly looks like an electrical charged monopole.

I was also wondering why my threads aren't popular. I barely get to discuss these subjects with people so they just die off. Aren't they good enough? Or are they stupid? Or something else?

Comment

broli,

I'll dare to guess that people do not understand magnetism and so there's not much participation.

I have no problem in admitting I do not know that much about magnetism, beside the usual stuff to get me by, so I welcome all new (to me) information and ideas.

You have at least one reader here...
          Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

Complex

Broli,
            Dont take it personnel. Due the the complex nature of magnetic forces its a focused field.
            There is a lot being done in industry to harness some of the energy that lies in this element...
            Please continue to share your findings with us. As far as the threads.Many times the subjects get old and these threads need to time out and get renued to avoid lengthy historical renderings.
            "But ye shall receive power..."
            Acts 1:8

Comment

@Broli
              They are something else, They are quite interesting.
              But its hard to apply anywhere, Mostly you use Magnets only to repel or generate something, there is less use for it, but quite interesting.
              Its something like 'good to know'.
              And i think, most are at her own Projects, but when there is a Way to apply it, some will surly do.
              Personally i would prefer to have something to make the Magnetfield visible,
              and i would use a lot Time at it.
              But about a tripole i think, it wont work, the other Pole will allways appear something else, if not, then at last in an other Dimension.
              But mostly anywhere around, like electrostatic, where the Walls are the other Load or the Environment in a large Circle.
              Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Joit: Here's where you can get the magnet viewing sheets, for $3:

Magnetic Viewing Paper - view magnetic patterns of magnets | Edmund Scientific

Comment

Originally posted by amigo View Post
                  broli,

I'll dare to guess that people do not understand magnetism and so there's not much participation.
                  I sometimes forget that it took me many hours to come to particular realizations so it's selfish of me to except people to go AHA the moment they see these concepts. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Originally posted by wpage View Post
                  Broli,
                  Dont take it personnel. Due the the complex nature of magnetic forces its a focused field.
                  There is a lot being done in industry to harness some of the energy that lies in this element...
                  Please continue to share your findings with us. As far as the threads.Many times the subjects get old and these threads need to time out and get renued to avoid lengthy historical renderings.
                  Thanks I'll always gladly share any idea I have.

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                  @Broli
                  They are something else, They are quite interesting.
                  But its hard to apply anywhere, Mostly you use Magnets only to repel or generate something, there is less use for it, but quite interesting.
                  Its something like 'good to know'.
                  And i think, most are at her own Projects, but when there is a Way to apply it, some will surly do.
                  Personally i would prefer to have something to make the Magnetfield visible,
                  and i would use a lot Time at it.
                  But about a tripole i think, it wont work, the other Pole will allways appear something else, if not, then at last in an other Dimension.
                  But mostly anywhere around, like electrostatic, where the Walls are the other Load or the Environment in a large Circle.
                  I would rather have people people understand the concepts and try their own ideas of it than have them blindly follow with little understanding and quit quickly after the first unsuccessful experiment.

Btw there are other ways of creating planar monopoles than the one I've shown. When you create a radially magnetized magnet it's essentially a monopole if you look at it from a 2d world, like this...

This shows something very interesting. As you can see even though it's a monopole it exists of a dipole. Here's a method to make such radially magnetized fields...

How to simply make a radially magnetized magnet (a 2d magnetic monopole).

Now this is just a puck. It's only nicely radial in one plane. But how can one make a true 3D spherical shape that is radially magnetized, meaning having a core that is the north and an outer shell that is the south or vice versa. This I have not figured out yet.

Here's how a 3d monopole would look like if cut in half...

Comment

broli,
                    Could you explain please in the first figure the "side view" why the field lines are as you presented?

Comment

MagnetMan

Yeah I've always been a magnet man myself, its always facinated me. once I demanded of myself to quit calling the action they preform "magic" and actually understand it, the more I am amazed.

From what I understand about your theory, is you think that the Bloch wall is, or contains monopoles?

and about your perfect magnet... if you understand that the magnetic field is a result of an order of the electrons spin, either forced by a current or induced by solid state. So I think you would need a toroid shaped electron pattern, where instead of going in only one way to make normal bar magnets, like you said, would need a more circular pattern... However I dont think a circle shape could hold a monopole field. I think if you could magnetize a sphere with a toroidial shaped electron pattern, then the S or N would be completely internalized and the other would show on the outside.

How you would do that is beyond me. possibly take a sphere and divide it in a few parts, magnetize those parts with the section of the pattern you need, and then once assembled... but also it might not want to hold together well.

A better way to look at magnetic fields is to take periodic walks around your neighborhood, picking up old tv's that people throw away because of the digital change, and just bluescreen it.. Thats what George Green did.

When I did that, I had large 10 lb ceramic magnet bars, and I was able to open up holes in the screens output in the same area that the "monopoles" are created. The TV returns to normal after I leave it alone.

Anyway, Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by barbosi View Post
                        broli,
                        Could you explain please in the first figure the "side view" why the field lines are as you presented?
                        Well what causes magnetic field. Spinning charge right? In case of permanent magnets these are either the electron that's spinning around the nuclei or the electrons own spin around its own axis. In that illustration the electrons are all force to spin radially and thus make a radially outwards magnetic field. If you don't understand I'll try to explain it in a different way.

Edit: I noticed I explained the wrong drawing. Do you know how one can draw electrical fields? Basically you pick a random point in space and add up all the forces/influence of charge on that point. This should help:

Originally posted by CosmicFarmer View Post
                        Yeah I've always been a magnet man myself, its always facinated me. once I demanded of myself to quit calling the action they preform "magic" and actually understand it, the more I am amazed.

From what I understand about your theory, is you think that the Bloch wall is, or contains monopoles?

and about your perfect magnet... if you understand that the magnetic field is a result of an order of the electrons spin, either forced by a current or induced by solid state. So I think you would need a toroid shaped electron pattern, where instead of going in only one way to make normal bar magnets, like you said, would need a more circular pattern... However I dont think a circle shape could hold a monopole field. I think if you could magnetize a sphere with a toroidial shaped electron pattern, then the S or N would be completely internalized and the other would show on the outside.

How you would do that is beyond me. possibly take a sphere and divide it in a few parts, magnetize those parts with the section of the pattern you need, and then once assembled... but also it might not want to hold together well.

A better way to look at magnetic fields is to take periodic walks around your neighborhood, picking up old tv's that people throw away because of the digital change, and just bluescreen it.. Thats what George Green did.

When I did that, I had large 10 lb ceramic magnet bars, and I was able to open up holes in the screens output in the same area that the "monopoles" are created. The TV returns to normal after I leave it alone.

Anyway, Cheers!
                        Bloch walls are kind of chaotic but yes in a way you probably could find some sort of monopole fields in those regions.

And yes the spherical field is not an easy one. One could assemble one with many pieces but that wouldn't be elegant now would it . Keep that brain working. The answer is always simple.

Edit:I just noticed the arrows in the above spherical drawing should be reversed. Magnets go from north to south not the other way around .
                        Last edited by broli; 02-24-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broli View Post
                          .... In case of permanent magnets these are either the electron that's spinning around the nuclei or the electrons own spin around its own axis. In that illustration the electrons are all force to spin radially and thus make a radially outwards magnetic field....
                          Oh man, my question was simple.
                          Why did you draw the magnetic lines radial? Clue: why do you say are linear (not curved or curled or circular)? Can you prove it? Is there any manual, or better yet an experiment, that proves your theory?
                          I think this is an assumption taken because the visualisation with iron fillings did not reveal anything spectacular.

Please do not take it as a personal attack, but I believe you are wrong with regard to the shape of the lines of field. You may have a great idea to share, but excuse me, I cannot start comprehending a concept which starts with an unproven theory. In fact I can suggest simple experiments (all credits go to a fellow researcher) which disprove your assumption and might give you a hint about how is really the top view of the field lines of a bar magnet.

But now is your move....
                          Last edited by barbosi; 02-24-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Have a look at Boyd Bushman's "Apparatus and method for amplifying a magnetic beam" US Patent 5929732

Peace
                            PJ
                            A Phenomenon is anything which can be apprehended by the senses.

Comment

Originally posted by barbosi View Post
                              Oh man, my question was simple.
                              Why did you draw the magnetic lines radial? Clue: why do you say are linear (not curved or curled or circular)? Can you prove it? Is there any manual, or better yet an experiment, that proves your theory?
                              I think this is an assumption taken because the visualisation with iron fillings did not reveal anything spectacular.

Please do not take it as a personal attack, but I believe you are wrong with regard to the shape of the lines of field. You may have a great idea to share, but excuse me, I cannot start comprehending a concept which starts with an unproven theory. In fact I can suggest simple experiments (all credits go to a fellow researcher) which disprove your assumption and might give you a hint about how is really the top view of the field lines of a bar magnet.

But now is your move....
                              Now is my move? I'm helping you understand why do you make it look like we're in a dance competition. This is not a theory this is as straightforward as 1+1 being 2. The top view is shown ONLY showing the field lines at the center between the two magnets repelling. It has to be at the center between them where the field lines cancel out in the y component.

Comment

Working...
                              X