X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHO Heater

Hi Guy's

I have made a new design HHO heater.
    I wanted to get rid of the explosive gas transport so in this model the hydrogen is burned as soon as it is being created.
    This heats up the water surrounding the explosion chamber, and pumps it through the radiator.
    Pherhaps it can also be used to get the water to boil and use the steam to drive a small turbine to generate additional electricity.
    I am going to build this soon, but i want to ask if there is anybody that sees anything that i could improve before welding the things together?

Thanks

Marcoz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marcoz; 01-15-2009, 07:20 PM.

hho heater

Marcoz
    Could you give more details regarding the explosive chamber design?

Comment

Hi braden

The explosion chamber is like one half of a gas tank which collects the gas under water and at the top is a spark plug which ignites the gas.
      Basicly the explosions are underwater.
      These explosions create huge hydralic pressure while heating the water.
      The pressure pushes the hot water through the radiator.

Here is a close up you can see the chamber inside the watertank.

Marco.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Marcoz; 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

interesting concept

That is a cool design...
        -How will you cycle and spark the plug for ignition.
        -Will you use AC or DC for your HHO plate generations.
        -Is there going to be a thermostat to control temps?
        Good luck with your plans
        "But ye shall receive power..."
        Acts 1:8

Comment

Originally posted by wpage View Post
          That is a cool design...
          Thanks i have more special designs but this is the one i want to try first.

-How will you cycle and spark the plug for ignition.
          I'm thinking to use a sensor that detects when the water is gone.
          Much like they use like leakage sensors in bathrooms.
          Whenever the sensor senses dryness it means there is gas in the chamber and then it fires the spark.
          By moving the sensor up or down the strength of the blast can be controlled.

-Will you use AC or DC for your HHO plate generations.
          High voltage DC pulses, with a specific frequency.
          My goal is to use insulated plates.

-Is there going to be a thermostat to control temps?
          Good luck with your plans
          There has to be alot of control circuit.
          In case the ignition fails the gas production will continue so i have to make something that drains the system rapidly when things go wrong.
          Temperature control can be a simple digital thermostat which controlles the power to the electrodes.
          Then there is overpressure control in case it get's too high etc.

Marcoz

Comment

why not use cold fusion more out than in, in the form of heat,
            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

Interesting idea. Keeping the spark reliable will be a problem. Probably should vent the tank or spark it above the water line. I'm playing with the same thing but capturing the pressure, vacuum and thermo difference.

EDIT: This is whats going to happen.

YouTube - Playing with HHO
              Last edited by carbideTip; 01-17-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

RE: HHO heater design..

I see some safety issues that you may consider carefully. If the water was to go too low you may create a a very dangerous situation as that would be a very large area for HHO to build up. You may want to put a cut off switch in the device if the water goes too low.

I am curious as to how much heat this would build up...

Be careful, but looks very interesting.

Cheers for invovation
                See my experiments here...
                http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Read this using thermal reaction of brown gas

This patent will be of intrest
                  US 6,761,558 Heating apparatus using thermal reaction of brown gas
                  US 6,397,834 Brown gas heating furnace made of mineral stone

And se this company
                  history_1

Best regards
                  Stefan.

Comment

Excellent find, Stefan

Very interesting that B.E.S.T. Korea Ltd. is advertising for Distributors in the E.U. only!

...And not for North America. Has someone already bought the distribution rights here, then shelved them?

... Or are they only fighting the battles that they can hope to win, lol?

I am not surprised that this work is being done in Korea. My experience with the people of that great country is that they are extremely intelligent, brave, innovative, and not likely to be intimidated by anyone

Man i would love to see a schematic and block diagram of that water heating system!!

The only way i have thought of to solve the over-heating problems (...and the problem of too low a heat when the Brown's Gas flame is fired only in air), would be to have a revolving cylinder for the heat exchanger. The Brown's Gas flames heat this cylinder (...but not to the point of melting), then as it turns it is exposed to the water (perhaps with an air buffer or some other medium between the boiler tank and the heat exchanger to keep from having to have a steam-proof seal around the cylinder). Or, it possible, the flame is actually immersed in the boiler tank, and the revolving cylinder inside it as well (so only the bearings at the ends of a smaller diameter shaft need to be water-proofed).

But a Metallurgist is needed to determine the best metal alloy (...or perhaps ceramic) to use as the heat exchanger: Apparently the H and the cold-fusion reactions will quickly affect many alloys limiting their lifespan.
                    Last edited by jibbguy; 01-17-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X