Joule thief pulse motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joule thief pulse motor

Hi,I don't know if there has been much interest in the joule thief circuit on this forum but there is a big thread on overunity forum which iv'e been following and i wondered if you could combine this circuit with a pulse motor.Well the answer is yes and you can light leds at the same time too(25 in vid).
    Here are some pictures,circuit and video i would like to share.

YouTube - Pulse motor + 25 Leds powered by joule thief

Regards jonnydavro
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jonnydavro; 01-21-2009, 12:32 PM.

Hi Johny..

there was a thread on the joule thief a while back. I've made a few and though I wouldn't say it has given me overuinty, it is definatly FREE energy

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ief-other.html

It is (in principle) identical to John Bedini's solid state oscillator. ( in particular figure 3 on page two)

Circuits and related methods for ... - Google Patents

Great video
    "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
    Nikola Tesla

Comment

Thanks Sephiroth.I will look at the links you posted and see if i can glean some idea's.I think the joule thief circuit has plenty off developments yet to be discovered.I am still trying to get over the rpm's im getting out off a battery my camera refuses to work on so im going to dig a bit deeper on this and see where it leads.Thanks again.

Comment

Amazing Johny Davro, the joule thief generates radiant energy , your motor input are high voltage sharp transient pulses, amazing, energy from the vacuum.

Comment

It is amazing powering pulse motor with just 1.5V battery ! wow, so many zeros on the capacitor.

I plan to make it behave like Bedini SSG too, a 12V joule thief for charging battery, but I can't even make my multivibrator work so I put it on hold. I succesfully light up led with one battery though.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sucahyo; 01-09-2009, 03:58 AM.

Comment

@Darkwizard,Thanks for the kind comment. It's early days for me on this yet and i can see ways off improoving it which i am in the process off implimenting.
            @sucahyo.I thought it was quite interesting too.I tried the same pulse motor on the same battery without the circuit and it hardly rotated at all and regarding the size off the cap,it is big but you can use a lot smaller.I had it running on a 4700uf 35v cap at first and it will probably run on a lot smaller but in this case ,bigger seems better.
            p.s I would not give up on your circuit,it looks quite interesting to me.
            Regards jonnydavro.

Comment

I see. Thanks for the info.

I build the circuit today. I failed to make the neon light up and there is no back EMF happen. Since it is working already I end up made it as my HHO cell PWM. There is a drawback though, the current trough HHO cell also used by the coil, reducing current flow to HHO cell.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sucahyo; 01-10-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                Hows about, you put an unpoled Cap at your Transformator Coil
                (this single one at top)
                For Backemf you need pulsing current from the Source or a switching magnetfield.
                But there, you have steady Volt, and the Transistor stay open all time.
                Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I read some use of capacitor in roto verter page, I will use it .

About back EMF, it actually generate one, but I seems to mess up something previously. I can charge battery now. Although the maximum back EMF is not generated at maximum HHO current. Still fail to light up neon though.

here is the video, LED show how much back EMF is generated:
                  YouTube - Highest back EMF on resonance with joule thief circuit

Comment

Hi
                    A Capacitor are 2 plates, what can take load.
                    its like you put 2 Ballons in row from a Watertube.
                    The Ballons fills and if they got to much pressure, they empty a bit.
                    That way you got some pulsed Waterstream.
                    Your Coil3 is connected to the Power? in that case, better dont put it in there, lol.
                    Better at Coil2 or 1.
                    HigherBemf comes from more Turns at the Coils, thats what John Bedini says.
                    And its the same what i saw at my Coils.
                    Maybe you make some more Turns at one, when you want high Bemf.
                    The Cap is for, that it start to oscillate and break at the Transistor.
                    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

I see.

I usually get more BEMF when the circuit draw more current. So I get more BEMF utilizing 12V part than 24V part on my transformer. Lower turn for coil to get low resistance, lower turn => lower resistance => more current => more BEMF.

About cap in coil #2, won't it make the BEMF charging the CAP when transistor is off, and the power source since it will have to charge the cap when the transistor is on? Won't this make the circuit draw more amp?

Comment

Umm, no
                        The Bemf comes from the Electromagnetic field, what the Turns from a Coil cause.
                        So, higher Current wont give you more Bemf.
                        I have a variable Powersupply, and can switch from 8-18V
                        (usual 3-12V, but seems i did it 'new conditioned')
                        but the Spikes wont change, they are allways at around 40V.
                        Can be, that a stronger field makes some more Bemf, but not exactly.
                        You will get more from more Turns at a Coil i guess.
                        You have to anyway adjust the Pot then new, when you put a Cap in.
                        A 100µF Cap equals 31,9ohm Resistance.
                        And a Cap dont eat any energy, it only stores it, and give it back.
                        The losses there are very small, if there are some.

Comment

Maybe because what I use for experiment is not bedini circuit. Whenever I utilize the lower resistance coil, I get more BEMF (higher charging voltage) and the neon get brighter (multiplication effect).

At my joule circuit, when using load with high resistance (lower current passing the coil), the BEMF noticably lower.

BTW, my joule circuit turn out can light up neon. previous attempt failed because the neon would only light up when in resonance.

As I read at roto verter info, we can not use just any capacitor. It seems from panacea document, the best way we can do currently is by trial and error. The document suggest of using capacitor bank that can be witched to get variable capacitor.

Maybe for coil with the same resistance, coil with more turn will have more BEMF, I would believe this more.

How do you measure BEMF? I use HHO cell, more HHO gas = more BEMF. In recent video I use LED. Next I would use neon brightness in transformer secondary as indication.

Comment

Hi,
                            I got a cheap old Scope, where i can see the Waveform and the Bemf.
                            i am not sure, if you really can measure it, because it are fast spikes.
                            And i am still not sure, if its the Amount of the DC plus the generated Ac at the Coils, and if the Bemf counts additional, or Bemf is only a seperate Powerpush.
                            And i am not sure about your Coils.
                            Thicker Wire let more Amps through, lower give more Voltage,
                            But high Voltage doesnt mean, you have Power at it.
                            When i take 0.2mm Wire, i can get high Voltage, but without Power.
                            So a Lamp would light with 40V 0,2A same as with 10V 0,4 Amps.
                            You can get a transforming effect too, when you use a Thicker Coil with thinner Coils

About the Caps, yes, you have to try out, wich one match.
                            Even, when there are surly Formulas, where you can calculate it.
                            But i am no Electroniccrack.
                            And right, you never know, what effects you get at last.
                            Each Motor what you change to a Rv has inside different Wires and different Resistance, so its allmost Try and find out.

Comment

Ok.

Here is another video.
                              YouTube - Max BEMF at resonance neon with sound

The circuit is in attachment. The video story:
                              At first I use only one of my HHO cell which require the least amount of current. The neon would not light up even when I change the frequency. The sound is frequency picked up from transformer induction.

And then I use all of my HHO cell which in turn increase the current draw. The neon will light up only at resonance.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sucahyo; 01-12-2009, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X