Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Running Ambient Heat Engine

Hi Guys,

I posted some of this in the DWFTTW thread, but want to focus on this here.

The idea of being able to operate a heat engine from heat in the ambient air was first fully conceived and described by Nikola Tesla in his article The Problem of Increasing Human Energy, published in June 1900. Here's a link to the full article.

"The Problem of Increasing Human Energy" by Nikola Tesla

By 1936, Bob Neal had figured out how to use ordinary compressed air to accomplish Tesla's concept. His US Patent #2030759 can be downloaded from any of the web based patent Services. I use "Patent-to-PDF" at:

PAT2PDF - Free PDF copies of patents: Download and print! Just type in the number and download the file.

For the full story on the miracles possible with compressed air, go to the awesome site built by Scott Robertson at:

Pneumatic Options Research Library: Home Page

And definitely take a look at this new page describing the "Equalization Engine" here:

Equalization Engine, Luther's Secret for Self-Fueling Air Car

The "Self-Running Ambient Heat Engine" is a HEAT PUMP that gathers solar energy in the form of ambient air heat, concentrates that heat, and then converts it to mechanical energy. The outputs are mechanical energy and air that is cooler than the ambient temperature. The engine runs on the heat extracted from the air. There is good math, science and working models in support of this technology.

This is the same principle as the Ron Rockwell Air Turbine Engine:

Aerodynamic Air Turbine Engine

If the planet is warming up, this is the IDEAL source of energy. Even if it is not, Tesla said it was the ideal source of energy because it was evenly distributed to EVERYONE in the whole world!

Enjoy,

Peter
    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
    Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
    Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

The Sun has every thing we need

Also a 15 year old can do it, i am sure we can do it if we work hard enough. Dont forget Maruf at only 15 years of age did it also.
    Compressed Air

Thanks for these Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Sounds good to me. hook up the horses and let's get
      this hay wagon on the road

Question: Other than heat damage to heat sensitive materials,
      can a heat engine, in an open system, have too much heat?

Peter, are you going to help out with some guidance along the way?
      There is so much to take in and research.

The concept as shown on the web page
      Neal Tank has greater of room for a flexibility than the Patent does.

What isn't flexible is, the injector.
      Replication of
      (1)Neal Tank's ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS: #4,#,5 and#6
      Or (2) B.Neal Patent's Fig #6 (brute force injection?, not an injector)
      Or another design.
      Without an injector device, the efficiency and heat will be lost.
      The injectors I've studied do not look like either of the above designs.

A follow up on "Self-Acting Engine" (as Tesla calls it) by Peter Lindemann (a forgotten article Peter?)

Above link mentions:
      German physicist, Dr. Bernhard Schaeffer and Russian inventor Albert Serogodski, building on the pioneering work of Doczekal.
      German Patent #DE 4244016A1 capable of being embodied as a refrigerator that produces electricity rather than consumes it.
      Didn't find anything on the patent above, but found this, covers 3 patents
      Bernhard SCHAEFFER - Benzene-Steam Engine
      I've yet to read the above link.

Anyone, Everyone, More Info, need more Links!!

Randy
      Last edited by Vortex; 12-20-2008, 06:48 PM.
      Remember to be kind to your mind ...
      Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

Simplified Tesla Engine

Tesla's Reciprocating Engine is pretty complex, but a greatly simplified
        version has been proven and is available.

You don't need a machine shop to build this engine.

The engine runs on air, steam or gases from combustion,
        has no valves, gears, flywheel, cam or rings. Requires no lubrication, no governor and no regulator.
        It self oscillates using an air spring at the same frequency if 10 psi or 400 psi is used or if under a load.

[B]The simplified design is a cylinder, a piston, grooves, vents and a shaft.

It is 100% Tesla, without the complexity of the design he patented.
        Tolerances are very low and the piston should not be a tight fix because
        it floats upon the working medium.

Build instructions are free and donations are welcome. I donated.
        Link to web page is Downloads from the web site Peter gave a link to when he started this topic.
        (Pneumatic Options Research Library: Home Page)
        On the link above, scroll down towards the bottom until you find
        "Tesla Air Engine Plans" and download taep.pdf 6.08 mb.
        The build instructions start on page 77 of taep.pdf .
        For those that do not know, you can rotate sideways pages in a pdf via
        the View / Rotate View .

The only thing left out of the simplified design is the preheating of working medium.
        Tesla used lubrication in his design to keep the patent office happy??

I'm looking into how I can create the piston out of epoxy resin for air testing.
        I've selected 1" pvc for the piston, which I'm thinking I'll fill with epoxy,
        and 1 1/4" pvc for the cylinder. The shaft might be the water meter valve off/on
        tool I got at Home Depot for under $4. that will be one solid piece, going through the piston and not treaded.
        I do not have a caliber, but the 1" pvc appears to be 1 5/16" O.D.
        and the 1 1/4" appears to be 1 11/64" I.D.
        I wanted to go with a larger diameter piston but this is what I could
        fine first that seems like it should work.
        My plans have change a few times already as my "I think" proves to be no
        good and I have to try a different method.

I'm hoping I can get it together this weekend and maybe test it
        on Monday.
        Epoxy is ok up to 350 F degrees for steam. Don't know what could be
        used to mold a piston beyond that temp.

Have a good day.
        Randy
        Last edited by Vortex; 12-20-2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Reply to Randy (Vortex):

Originally posted by Vortex View Post
          Tesla's Reciprocating Engine is pretty complex, but a greatly simplified version has been proven and is available.

You don't need a machine shop to build this engine.

I'm hoping I can get it together this weekend and maybe test it
          on Monday. Epoxy is ok up to 350 F degrees for steam. Don't know what could be used to mold a piston beyond that temp.

Have a good day.
          Randy
          Randy - Some good ideas for useful experimentation. You will have a problem if using the pipe sizes as suggested, though, because the "piston" od is 9/64" (0.141") larger than the "cylinder" id, and if you bore the cylinder to accommodate the piston then the wall thickness of the cylinder will be severely reduced. Please view the following post link for a solution to your PVC pipe and epoxy problems:
          http://www.energeticforum.com/39063-post192.html

Best regards,

Rick
          Last edited by rickoff; 12-20-2008, 08:25 PM. Reason: sp
          "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

Originally posted by rickoff View Post
            Randy - Some good ideas for useful experimentation. You will have a problem if using the pipe sizes as suggested, though, because the "piston" od is 9/64" (0.141") larger than the "cylinder" id, and if you bore the cylinder to accommodate the piston then the wall thickness of the cylinder will be severely reduced. Please view the following post link for a solution to your PVC pipe and epoxy problems:
            http://www.energeticforum.com/39063-post192.html

Best regards,

Rick
            Yep, you are correct sir! Big time trouble..
            But I already man-handled the one pvc pipe inside the other and it was easy.
            Therefore, I think I meant 11/32" instead of 11/64".
            My eyeball and 1' ruler were not in sink.

Oh, epoxy .. hmmm I shall take look-see

Thank you Rick.

Randy

Comment

back in the air car saddle

Hi Randy, Rick, Peter, and Ashtweth.

I'm new here to this forum but have encountered most of you out there before in other places.

Randy, let me know how that oscillating motor works out. I don't know of anyone who's used those plans so hope it works. I never thought to make it from plastic. I suppose the weight of the piston will affect the resonant frequency at which it oscillates.

Ashtweth, in your calculations on the Lee Rogers 4-cycle air engine, have you ever wondered whether the patent tells the whole truth on exactly where that blast of 600 psi air enters the cycle? I've heard rumors that it isn't on the power stroke. Someone told me it was between the intake and compression stroke, in order to "cool the compression" but that isn't a valid reason. Pressure equalization is a zero-net-temperature change isn't it? Seems like expanding a pulse of air in a cylinder is going to heat the air already there as much as its gonna cool itself, for a net change of isothermal or zero. So it looks like it's about compressing air with air to get a lower work requirement from the compression stroke. I've been working on that since 1988. In my head of course, I don't always have a workshop.

Peter, thanks again for helping me out with your phone calls back when I lived in Oregon. Whether we figured out Bob Neal's intentions perfectly or not, I don't know, but I think it's a lot closer than the Neal Tank page on my website.

That idea still looks good but I think the drive jet will have to be very powerful.

Well anyway thanks for this forum and I'll be back next week. I live in Asia now and don't have internet access every day.

Scott
              (Luther on alternate days)

Comment

Welcome!!!

Scott,

Welcome. I am so glad you found your way to this forum. I loved all of the thought experiments we ran out in detail during those phone conversations, and especially your descriptions of the "equalization engine" designed to get the air that was already compressed to act as the main agent to introduce and compress new ambient air (heat) into the tank.

I continue to believe that this is one of the most important technologies that humanity could ever develop, and we all have you to thank for compiling all of the historical documents and presenting them in a way that conveys their real meaning.

Thanks again for showing us the way! I have no doubt that we will figure out a fully operating method soon!

Peter
                Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Comment

Hi Scott and all.

Scott, yes i believe i read some where that Lee rogers left out how his engine was perpetual also. So that would not surprise me. We have an air car concept loosely based on lee rogers one given to us from Hector, its a little extreme but apparently one of the engineers got the car to turn over on it at one stage. did not work 100% but was a good start. I can send you the file if you like just drop me an email

Comment

Originally posted by Lutherman View Post
                    Randy, let me know how that oscillating motor works out. I don't know of anyone who's used those plans so hope it works. I never thought to make it from plastic. I suppose the weight of the piston will affect the resonant frequency at which it oscillates.
                    Scott,
                    Many thanks for your web site .
                    Glad you could find us.. you did *find* us or?
                    I hope you can get by the forum to share your knowledge.

The engine is coming along, slower than I had hoped.
                    It's hand built except for using an electric drill and along ways from prefect.
                    I'm hoping to test it in the Tuesday. Holding it in front of my face and
                    working the shaft by hand produces puffs of exhaust air as it should.

I have many questions, but I just now found
                    John D. Houston's patent 1,781,062 from 1930
                    and was wondering if you or Peter had any thoughts about it.
                    I had seen it somewhere else before, this time I saved it, but I've
                    not read it yet. I searched your documents and did not get a hit.

Thoughts about Rudolf Steiner "Theory of Heat". I could not
                    find this document, but looks like it would be in German if I did find it.
                    I found Abstracts of Available Books & Lecture Series' by Rudolf Steiner

Randy

Comment

Warmth Course

Vortex,

What you are looking for is the Warmth Course by Rudolph Steiner.

Here is one place to get a copy. You can also look for others.

Warmth Course - Rudolf Steiner

Oh, and YES, the John Houston patent is one of the cornerstones of the proof that you can make a very efficient "heat pump" using nothing more than compressed air. No special "freon" type chemicals are necessary. Rex Research has a great file on Houston.

John Huston -- Heat from Air

You are coming up to speed quickly, now! Keep up the great work.

Peter
                      Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I agree with Peter that - I think he means the air engine - is a very important idea. I think if we will go on, we must find out a technology which don't destroy our resources (oil get destroyed when we burn it in our engines: cars, stoves, ...)
                        Thanks so much for Lutherman/Scotts information. I get if from him month ago. I am a little bit depressed that he stopped working on a self-fueling air engine. I hope he/you go on working on an efficient air engine. It would be a loss for us all I you stop thinking and working on an engine.

But we must consider: If we want a effective air engine it must generate a high amount of energy.
                        There are so many ideas out there but most of them are only ideas:

I had several contacts with Rob Perry. He is working on an air engine. (US 6629573).
                        There is Kim Zorzi. He said to me that he finished his prototype. He plans a presentation for the next weeks. His description seems to be very promising.

I know the patent or Mr. Houston. But a patent file is not enough! Did he ever built a prototype? What amount of energy does this engine generate?

I found two remarkable inventions (source: Peswiki.com)
                        1. The invention of Airtap/airgenerate. This invention (for heating water) es based upon the principle of a heat pump.
                        2. GLOBAL E.A.R.S. Increases Pneumatics Efficiency: It is a more efficient air system.

Regards
                        Alana

Comment

First try

Thank you Peter and Alana for the information and encouragement.
                          I'll be digging into that information shortly.
                          Stick around, I'll need all the help I can get.

Pulsing / Oscillating seems to be a common requirement for obtaining
                          access to energy that would not otherwise exist or could be accessed.
                          Water, rotating mass, electricity, gases, etc. pulse these and energy that
                          wasn't there appears or is it just a concentration of energy.

Water and electric will have spikes in energy if suddenly the flow
                          is stopped and mass and gases seem to be opposite requiring a sudden
                          jolt/push to see the an increase in energy?
                          Or do I have mass and gases wrong and they are just like water and electric
                          and I am not understanding it correctly?

If they act the same way, isn't there one thing that causes that to happen?
                          Is it Kinetic, how does that apply to electric?

I'm on a messed up schedule right now, rolling out of bed at 4 pm
                          which means I missed testing with real compressed air, maybe soon.

I didn't expect much and I said I'd report something, so
                          I bit the bullet and double the cost of the engine, spending another $14
                          (excluding the cost of the $10 caliper, yep you can get one this cheap, used to set the shaft)
                          I purchased a bicycle inner tube tire, two clamps, drill bit and
                          went to the gas station for air test, so that was another $0.75
                          Nothing happened at the gas station, zero movement of the piston.

In using PVC everything isn't going to be perfect. I did nothing
                          to smooth the cylinder and the shaft isn't dead center
                          either, but I was hoping putting enough air into the engine would get
                          a reaction from it. I'm still hopeful higher psi will do something.
                          Enhancing the imperfections on the piston, I narrowed the clearance
                          by using electric tape and sealing tape
                          Brute force shall overcome!? Or maybe I'm suffering from wishful thinking.

I'm open to suggestions on how smooth the piston and/or cylinder
                          that would not just enhance the pikes and valleys that are ready exist.
                          If I had a lathe I'd be using it and PVC probably would not be used.

web cam images, sorry about the quality
                          The cylinder is way too long (now), 8" is the correct target length.
                          I wanted to evaluate the longer length and then cut the size down.

Randy

Comment

sharp gradients

Originally posted by Vortex View Post
                            Pulsing / Oscillating seems to be a common requirement for obtaining
                            access to energy that would not otherwise exist or could be accessed.
                            Water, rotating mass, electricity, gases, etc. pulse these and energy that
                            wasn't there appears or is it just a concentration of energy.

Water and electric will have spikes in energy if suddenly the flow
                            is stopped and mass and gases seem to be opposite requiring a sudden
                            jolt/push to see the an increase in energy?
                            Or do I have mass and gases wrong and they are just like water and electric
                            and I am not understanding it correctly?
                            I am not up on the compressed air concepts like all of you but when you mention the pulsing or oscillating effects - it appears to be totally consistent with the concept of strong gradients in potential.

These sharp gradient changes are known to violate closed system thermodynamics.

Nature works at balancing things into equilibrium but when you have these sharp gradients - nature can't balance them as fast so you have a net gain in potential that can translate into extra work.

I don't know if it is a requirement to have extra output but some systems with extra output are known to have these sharp gradients associated with them.
                            Sincerely,
                            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Alana View Post
                              Hi everybody,

I agree with Peter that - I think he means the air engine - is a very important idea. I think if we will go on, we must find out a technology which don't destroy our resources (oil get destroyed when we burn it in our engines: cars, stoves, ...)
                              Thanks so much for Lutherman/Scotts information. I get if from him month ago. I am a little bit depressed that he stopped working on a self-fueling air engine. I hope he/you go on working on an efficient air engine. It would be a loss for us all I you stop thinking and working on an engine.

But we must consider: If we want a effective air engine it must generate a high amount of energy.
                              There are so many ideas out there but most of them are only ideas:

I had several contacts with Rob Perry. He is working on an air engine. (US 6629573).
                              There is Kim Zorzi. He said to me that he finished his prototype. He plans a presentation for the next weeks. His description seems to be very promising.

I know the patent or Mr. Houston. But a patent file is not enough! Did he ever built a prototype? What amount of energy does this engine generate?

I found two remarkable inventions (source: Peswiki.com)
                              1. The invention of Airtap/airgenerate. This invention (for heating water) es based upon the principle of a heat pump.
                              2. GLOBAL E.A.R.S. Increases Pneumatics Efficiency: It is a more efficient air system.

Regards
                              Alana
                              I tried to read Rob Perry's patent I couldn't understand it. I thought it was
                              using two tanks. One place it speaks of three tanks. His use of "Said" was
                              mind numbing in that I couldn't follow what "Said" the "Said" speaking about.

I found EARS which feeds exhaust/used air back into the intake of the compressor.
                              That's a must if you are going to run an air engine.

See video Super QUIET compressor, I want to know how this compressor works or is
                              it a FAKE. Quiet is a very good thing.

Very good How it Works, basic pneumatics Animations, click on each one, to view in detail.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X